How did 00's internet (and vidya) culture go so wrong? Being able to bounce from newgrounds to runescape...

How did 00's internet (and vidya) culture go so wrong? Being able to bounce from newgrounds to runescape, to that bottomless PS2 library, everything felt so full of possibilities. That experience just doesn't exist today.

Is it just nostalgia glasses?

Attached: 1551848582472.jpg (720x718, 91K)

>nostalgia for linkin park
just fucking no

>98 zoomer
>gamecube
>ps2
>pinball

Highly fucking doubt it, cunt. I'm '94 and that's my childhood, though mix in n64 and super Nintendo and PS1.

i am exactly that 98 zoomer and Gamecube was my shit as well as Drake and Josh and Black Ops 2 being my first call of duty. i also wore a pair of cheap sunglasses because i thought i was way cooler than i was then i became a teen and my self esteem crashed hard.

I was born in 1998 and this is pretty accurate, although I didn't play PS and was just Nintendo/Xbox.

97 here, this image is very accurate for me. But I only played genesis sonic on my cousin's console. He had genesis, I had SNES

I can only assume you had older siblings/cousins based on some stuff in your image

HOLY SHIT, I miss Ned's Declassified.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Go-toubun no Hanayome - 08 [720p].mkv_snapshot_08.21_[2019.03.04_16.14.22].png (1280x720, 854K)

I'm a 99 zoomer. Even I had a gamecube and played pinball. Also, drake and josh was the shit

I was born in 2001 and all of those apply to me.
>hurr durr underage b8
...Uhh check again sweetie

>How did 00's internet (and vidya) culture go so wrong?

It became formulaic and bland (like shovelware) formulas that did work became changed when they shouldn't have. Social media and subsequent media cheapened our popular culture, and then the atom bomb dropped: cultural Marxism became popular with the stupidest people in our young echelons of society (SJW's, Feminazis) and they tried (far to successfully) to ruin everything good and fun about everything with their particular brand of political correctness, which polarized half the country against the other half (reactionaries).

I'm about to be 34 years old. Back in the early 00's when I was a teen, most kids if they died did so in car accidents (i.e. having fun), nowadays they either die from suicide (from misery) or drug overdose (from trying to escape misery). Shit just got to the point of sucking harder than space.

There is far more complexity and intricacies to it than what I just said, but yes, things are worse than they were back them. Some of the best years were from 98' up until 9/11.

9/11 was a turning point where things really started changing for the worse politically and socio economically. Obama's presidential victory was where things really started to go to shit culturally.

I'm just mulling off random memories at this point.

Kids suck without street racing or some other kind of reckless dangerous past time.

The 128 bit era was the last great era of video games before they got so much like movies and shovelware that we didn't get excited about them anymore.

The greatest days of the internet died with the rise of facebook and the death of flash/html/php forums. Newgrounds was the shit back then.

Dreamcast and PS2 were the zenith of the home console experience in respect to interesting, imaginative, and fun times. That's not to say that we don't have great new games now, but....it's all been done at this point, and Seag is really only a shadow nowadays of it's former glory.

Attached: rainbow brains.jpg (1600x1200, 146K)

why are zoomers listening to linkin park? I remember listening to Meteora when it came out in fucking 2003 with my friends when I was 12, then after that everyone stopped giving a shit

I will say though, that we are currently living in the single best era ever when it comes to memes; hands down, no contest. Enjoy the memes now because this is the golden era.

Attached: Pepe_Wojak_shit thrower.png (1132x1000, 248K)

You mean you actually had friends to introduce you to things that were relevant at the time?

I didnt become a friendless outcast until high school

I am diagnosed autistic and was an outcast all the way until high school. Then I had plenty of "friends" but no emotional connection to them and often wished they'd leave me alone so I could daydream.

Was it easier to be a robot in the 90s and early 00s?

As a 98 zoomer most of this shit was it for me except for BlackOps 2 i played Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare, Halo 3, Gears of War 2 and 1 the good ol days of Xbox Live and some Halo 2 as well. Also had played N64 and SNES as well.

Why the fuck is Black Ops 2 in this picture? Everything else in the picture is from the mid 2000s and BLOPS 2 came out in like 2012.

By the way, fuck people who haven't played every game in the CoD series and try to voice their opinion on the best CoD game. Your opinion is literally invalid. This is how you end up with retards saying that MW3 is the best CoD game.

I'm 98 too and I am exactly that pic minus Linkin Park because I'm not suicidal

98 zoomers played emerald