Are there any cures to OCD or a compulsive personality simply inherent

are there any cures to OCD or a compulsive personality simply inherent

Attached: lars.png (500x274, 231K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x-FhR7cGgYo
discord
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

There's medication and therapy for OCD, but I don't know if it works because I haven't tried any of it yet

>no capitalization
>no punctuation
>bad grammar
OCD larp detected

Television OCD isn't the only kind user, I have OCD and I don't give a fuck about cleanliness or anything.

you don't know what actual ocd is, not the meme
normalfag version

there is one and only variant of OCD

Attached: ocd.jpg (185x272, 8K)

OCD manifests differently in different people

OP here I might add that marijuana has been one of the only things to "break me out" i guess you could say of the thought loops. so i guess maybe CBD could help me?

It might be worth a shot

he capitalized OCD, fuckwit

Attached: download (16).jpg (259x194, 8K)

actual OCD is not about structuring the outside world in neat patterns. it's a series of repetitive behaviours that are done to alleviate anxiety or "feel right. for example I cannot wash my hands without also spitting into the sink. I cannot sit down to eat a meal at my desk unless I first urinate

I get huge compulsions to rub certain things, to repeat certain things to myself, and to move my neck and tongue in certain ways.

user, we all get huge compulsions to rub certain things. it doesn't mean you have OCD, it means you have a dick.

Attached: images (1).jpg (259x195, 8K)

Kek, this got me.

i also have many tics and I'm constantly fidgeting

Fucking OCD. Motherfucking goddamn shitfucking OCD. I just had an incident of OCD helping to ruin my fucking life. I had to have my dad help me move some stuff that was too heavy to move on my own, and while he was doing it, he bent over at one point, his pants sagged like hell, and his bare fucking ass was right next to my fucking PS3 controller. I can never use that controller again, and they don't sell brand new ones anymore, so I can't replace the fucking thing. So I'm fucked. I think I'm never going to be able to use my PS3 again. What the fuck am I supposed to do? Even normal people don't want to touch something that someone rubbed their ass on, for fuck's sake.

It takes me a fucking half-hour to wash my hands, it takes me at least a full hour to shower, I always have to walk around with my hands drawn in towards my body for fear of accidentally touching something I consider "dirty" and having to spend a miserable half-hour washing my hands. I don't want to clean things because then I'd have to wash my hands. I avoid showering as long as possible because showers are anxiety-ridden torture sessions.

And the thing about all this is that my OCD isn't driven by a fear of germs like you might think. I don't obsess over this shit because I think that touching dirty things will give me dysentery and make me shit myself to death or something. It's just about feeling "right", or feeling like if I let other people get their "stuff" on me, I've somehow failed or lost. It's like having to touch dirty things means other people have beaten me somehow. It's a feeling of humiliation, failure, powerlessness, and intrusion. That's what makes it so hard to fucking get rid of. If it were a fear of germs, then all I'd have to do is handle dirty stuff, see how I don't get infected, and feel better. But my OCD drivers are an intangible clusterfuck of psychological complexes fueled by extreme self-hatred.

No sorry
Were fucked

Attached: person.png (1440x1861, 1.1M)

the only alleviation i've found is through pscilocybin and ritual magick
getting to grips with physics and letting your imagination exercise can help a lot in general

guess I probably have ocd. Thanks for sharing.

Looking back on my childhood just feels like peeling back layers of absurd layers of mental illness. How did no one ever question whether I needed help. Among the litany of other disorders, it's not like anorexia is subtle, but I'm convinced everyone would have just let me die if I hadn't resolved it myself.
feels bretty fucking good man

Hi L, hope you are coping well with your shit life

if i can attempt to distill the factors that aid me, they would be things that i can channel good energy through in a non-harmful, actually consciously harm reducing healthy way, valuing the mediating matter, allowing myself faith in energy processing through safe channels. taking the serious out of it and seeing it as play, recognising a game, and my turn... i guess. you really need to try to shape things to justified action, more.
also, DON'T hoard, do not. Everything you can let go of is making room for what you really need and will fulfil and sustain you in life. everything you sacrifice can assert your priorities to yourself.

Attached: 6ee76ad2c8f8b5f6cb251387290f7dd4.jpg (400x400, 44K)

also people with ocd need to watch this youtu.be/x-FhR7cGgYo

actually people without it should watch this to grasp a harder to express aspect of it

it (pardon the pun) stems from more grey matter in the brain than is normal. it is inherent, but it can be worked with

OCD sucks. Scared of contamination (fungi specifically) while sitting here having not showered for weeks wearing the same clothes and underwear I put on when I last showered. OCD + laziness is a weird and devastating combination. At least I get autismbux for it.

it's inherent, you're a wizard barry.

obsessive compulsive personality disorder is different, and people with it usually aren't distressed to have it- in fact the person with ocpd benefits from socially rewarding factors of being adept at organising and having the drive for it.
it's very different to ocd to my understanding since ocds extremely taxing, and they usually cant function normally through it- where as ocpd is more akin to being ultra-functional.

very rare to find someone with high functioning ocd
and co-morbid disorders very prevalent. it is on the autism spectrum, & i could see that ocpd people would also be likely autistis.

does anyone else feel like it is like living in the wild, with human constructs superimposed over the top to disorientate? it's navigational dystopia - BEE'S know this feel

Attached: D1Qr4u8V4AATIvU.jpg (371x393, 24K)

Interesting thread. I do certain rituals and I've been told in the past that they are OCDs. You tell me if they are, I honest to god have no idea but kind of want to get them fixed
>been developing a more intense disgust for my own cum with the years, to the point that nowadays I only masturbate with condoms and plastic bags to catch the cum. After cumming I take a shower, scrub my benis at least 5 times and after I'm done I wash my hands with detergent and alcohol until I can't "feel" any more cum left on them. This ritual is a real chore (can take anywhere from 3 hours to 7) and has made me fap in average 6 times in two sessions every 2 months (grouping my fap sessions means less wasted time)
>the above of fucking course means if cum touches any non designated device or thing I go all out with my cleaning arsenal. Cum has never been in contact with my pc, mouse, or cellphone
>I have an almost irrational fear of roaches (but not most other bugs like spiders, I like spiders). If a roach has been in contact with anything depending on its value I may or may not simply ditch the object and buy a new one. Since roaches normally crawl around the floor whenever something falls I wash it with abundant alcohol, or simply discard it.

This is the one that interests me most as it has caused me lots of cumulative grievance over the years. One user told me it's a "emotion contamination OCD"
>if I'm to do something I really like, like watch an anime or listen and album I've anticipated for months, I have to do this sort of comfy ritual before doing it. You know, getting the right food, right mood and all that. The problem comes when I become so vulnerable to even the smallest event going wrong in my day can ruin things and make me postpone it, stuff like someone honking at me or any road rage incident, family fights (incredibly often in my life). Basically I've grown to avoid doing stuff that I like if I have a bad day (which is 9 out of 10 days)

Attached: 1549725331022.png (1280x720, 616K)

Its only toned down, never cured. Its a very slow process but eventually you get to the point where you can at least hide your tics from normalfags.

My family's response to my OCD is fucking bullshit. I have a younger sister and she's picked up my OCD habits of being germ-paranoid and stuff like that. Now every time she does one of her things, my parents just yell at me because I set a bad example.

I think you definitely have OCD but my bigger concern is that you apparently live surrounded at all time by actively breeding roaches. If I saw even a single roach in my place I'd break the lease right then and there - roaches are the point of no return in terms of sanitation.

can relate to the emotional contamination, but kind of experience it differently. the postponing things you enjoy, having to have things right before i can do things i like, definitely, and it sets me back years- but that was also influenced by anhedonia and avoiding tainting what i loved with it... and , yeah. i can't actually go into how bad it's gotten. whatever you do, stay in touch with nature somehow, feel outside of yourself more, healthy things, and putting health into things, so like, gardening. that is the most helpful thing i've found- but i dont do it.... i got too used to feeling nothing eventually, to cope, coz otherwise it was like being in mourning- and now feeling everything i missed, feels too intense, actually terrifying, world is huge and scary- i put a bookmark in the page and close it firmly shut, it's not living- it's like reverse fantasy.

You both have OCD. Your parents are monsters for thinking you can help it.

>at all time
Yeah. There are these palm sized motherfuckers that I've seen come out of gutters. Years ago I was traumatized by one of these crawling on my wall behind my monitor. Since then I caulked around and haven't had an incident as bad as that one. I mean I haven't seen one in 3 months. Though I mentioned family problems, one of them is dealing with a retard who keeps a couple cats in a room at all times and rarely cleans, insects breed there and every time I suggest cleaning he goes into autistic rage.

Granted, I know they're there but at least I found a way to keep them out of my room.

Wait shit is that actually OCD?
>repeat "so, yeah", "1 2, 3 4, 5 6, 7 8, 9 10", and "Vista Panasonic Macbook Air" in my head constantly
>also repeat this one mantra in my head when I think of anything pertaining to death
>feel compulsions to flex certain muscles constantly in random short bursts, which I think may be completely fucking up my neck
This next one is a bit hard to explain and has multiple steps:
>given a rectangle representing either a background (of a website) or the black bars you see in certain aspect ratios (important to note that the rectangle must be vertical, not horizontal), I always place my mouse directly in the rectangle's horizontal center, vertically aligned but slightly below this one mark I made on my screen when I was fucking around with a pocket knife
>given no rectangle, I place my mouse at the horizontal center of the mark, and again slightly beneath it so that the top of the mouse is touching the line
>I have to do this for everything I do on my computer
>sometimes I get the compulsion to grab the side of my browser window, and rapidly move my mouse back and forth, shortening and lengthening the window
>in abscence of access to the window (as in any time the window is in full screen), I still go through the actions, just not changing the size of the window
>finally, I often have to rapidly pause and unpause every video I watch in the same rhythm as the "1 2, 3 4, 5 6, 7 8, 9 10" thing I mentioned earlier (which was where I originally picked it up)
Are these characteristic of OCD?
I've also heard a symptom of autism is compulsive tendencies, which I suspect I may have.

im diagnosed ocd and you're describing what i experience- so big yep

I used to be much more depressed that I am now. Also I had this idea of taking things slowly to avoid burning out quickly, before I knew it 8 years had passed and I did like 1/20 of what I intended to do, after that I blinked and I was a full time wagecuck.

But yeah man I guess we really experience it differently but the conclusion is the same. Doing this is perhaps the most stupid thing you can do. You basically lock yourself out of what living means. Waiting for the right moment that will never come.

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? C-come join this Jow Forums Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! We can maybe even laugh at the Christchurch shooting livestream together if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
.gg/ymxFyhu

ai

Attached: join degeneracy akarin 9.png (320x360, 219K)

The emotional contamination ice really resonates with me. I too also pit off doing things I think I will really like because I feel like ocd or something else will ruin it. I end up not playing games or watching shows or movies for years because a part of my ocd is that it will ruin the experience. Also with things like family fights, whenevr that happens the whole day is ruined and I do nothing but go on r9k all day.

>Looking back on my childhood just feels like peeling back layers of absurd layers of mental illness. How did no one ever question whether I needed help. Among the litany of other disorders, it's not like anorexia is subtle, but I'm convinced everyone would have just let me die if I hadn't resolved it myself.
A lot of people just don't care when a man is having problems, especially if it's something like anorexia that's considered a female-only problem.

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? C-come join this Jow Forums Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! We can maybe even laugh at the Christchurch shooting livestream together if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
.gg/ymxFyhu

fl

Attached: join degeneracy akarin 12.png (320x360, 219K)

I watched it, but I'm not really sure what relevance it has to OCD.

>Granted, I know they're there but at least I found a way to keep them out of my room.

Good. You may want to report said retard to the sanitation department so that they get evicted.

I have similar issues about cleaning things. On top of that, I live in terror that even if I clean something, I won't clean it well enough, so the only thing I can do is avoid getting it dirty at all costs. That leads to me not doing anything at all, because if I do something, I might fuck up and do something that contaminates things.

Your "emotional contamination OCD" is also something I've experienced for a long time. I feel like if I want to start a new game or something, I have to work myself into the exact right mindset for it, or I'll end up playing it wrong somehow.

I definitely think these symptoms count as OCD.