I feel like an ingrate saying this but is anyone else envious of people who lived in times of significant military...

I feel like an ingrate saying this but is anyone else envious of people who lived in times of significant military conflict? The main thing that causes my depression is a lack of purpose. I have done the whole "make your own purpose" shit but I feel like I'm lying to myself. A young man drafted in the 40s knew his purpose and he went and fought because he knew it was right. I have nothing. No war, purpose, or meaning

Attached: tumblr_nd23pns3Z41rx3q30o1_500.gif (500x268, 482K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

find something to fight for. once your passionate about something it can change your life

Yes, but not for that reason. I never felt passion or felt I had a purpose and I doubt allegiance to some politicians and some lines on a map would ever provide that. But on the other hand, if you grew up in a war-torn location, or if you saw combat in any military, people forgive you if you fuck up your life like I have. A veteran or some guy from some warzone who can't handle a relationship or hold down a job is someone deserving of sympathy, if its some kid from the suburbs who can't do that shit then he's just a loser, either not worthy of help or worthy of actively being harmed, since obviously he's just a pussy.

Sometimes I feel like a lot of us were meant to be soldiers. I wish there was an honorable war to fight. You could die on the battlefield or come home a hero. I lack structure and meaning in my life.

The world doesn't really have any big conflicts anymore. Nobody fears for their lives. War is the most raw human experience you could ever hope to have. People say war is bad and hell but they've never actually been in one.

Go back to tumblr by the way.

Yeah you'd still feel that way except all your bestest died from friendly fire,ambush,ieds and sniper fire. Might lose some parts too and your ability to sleep.

My great uncle came back from Vietnam all fucked up. He's basically a robot. Barely talks and will just lay down and sleep on the couch at family events

>The world doesn't really have any big conflicts anymore. Nobody fears for their lives. War is the most raw human experience you could ever hope to have. People say war is bad and hell but they've never actually been in one.

To be fair, neither have you. I'm not willing to risk All Quiet on the Western Front to cure your boredom and malaise. If you really need adversity to give you purpose, dedicate your life to helping others instead of harming them, and you might live to see a better world.

Read "Homage to Catalonia" by George Orwell.
It showcases how the war truly looks, not some movie or fiction books heroic bullshit.

dude you have no idea how that guy who go drafted felt nor whether he believed it was right or wrong.

You want some purpose? go try and join the french foreign legion. They'll put you to good use my guy and you'll definitely be molded into a true man

Robots would be the very first to go absolutely batshit fucking insane from shellshock, desu.

What a fucking normie. What is a better world? What does that even mean? Do you even think about what you say or do you just type shit you've heard before and hope it sounds meaningful.

How is going to the soup kitchen going to give me a struggle. You say you aren't willing to give it up but I don't really give a shit about what you are or aren't willing to do normalfag. Am I suggesting a plan to start ww3 here? No? Then why are you acting as though I am and furthermore as though you'd have a vote in this matter?
I wrote a book called how I fucked your mom. Its an accurate depiction on the true horrors of roastie pussy. You can trust me, I wrote it in a book therefore it is fact.

>dude
shoo shoo back to discord or face book.
Historically most people were pretty ok with war up until ww1.

If you read either of the referenced books or knew people who lived through wars you wouldn't have made a thread with such a clinically insane pretense.

>I wrote a book called how I fucked your mom. Its an accurate depiction on the true horrors of roastie pussy. You can trust me, I wrote it in a book therefore it is fact.
"Homage to Catalonia" is Orwell's biography from the time he spends fighting on the front in the Spanish civil war. Sure not everything is about war as war is also a lot of politics but he also addresses that. He says how during the fighting on the front people don't really think about politics. You are too occupied with the discomfort of constant stress and the lack of resources that you experience every single day. Only after the war, you start to think about what you were fighting for and if you did the right thing at the end of the day.
I don't really understand what your comment was even about. Are you saying that all books are useless? Have you fought in the war that you can somehow discredit anything in the book with some evidence to back it up? Sure the times were different than we live in now but only a kid or a failed adult would think people enjoy being on the front or living in a country that is in a state of war. There are many books about this theme and while some agree with the political reasons for war, not a single sane person that experienced war would say that it was an enjoyable experience.

The fake ones who muse aloud about how "fucked up" they are like OP would.
I think some people here are genuinely fucked up and would embrace combat like a new lease of life though.

>What a fucking normie. What is a better world? What does that even mean? Do you even think about what you say or do you just type shit you've heard before and hope it sounds meaningful.

No, unlike you I have the capacity to imagine the thoughts and feelings of others, so I understand you'd find that post baffling.

>How is going to the soup kitchen going to give me a struggle.

Go down and find out. It'll be a lot more struggle that shit-posting about how bored you are.

>You say you aren't willing to give it up but I don't really give a shit about what you are or aren't willing to do normalfag.

If you don't give a shit about what I think, why did you post?

>Am I suggesting a plan to start ww3 here? No? Then why are you acting as though I am and furthermore as though you'd have a vote in this matter?

Your opinion is one made from position of ignorance. As others have pointed out, you have every opportunity to experience strife first-hand if you want to, and yet you both ignore the experiences of people who have lived through that kind of thing and you refuse to take any kind of action so it's safe to assume you're a chickenhawk coward who has no idea what he's talking about.

>y-your insane
Fuck off normie
I wrote a biography of how I fucked your roastie mom. therefore it is true.Your logic is shit. As I said before you know as much about the horrors of war as I do. You read about it in a book, you have never been in real conflict in your life. My point is that you are a faggot telling people about how awful war is without having any experience yourself. I'm not saying war its fun but I think it would give purpose to my existence and if I happened to live I wouldn't spend the rest of my life in my parents basement posting on a shitty forum until I become homeless or die of some heart disease.

>over emotional gender confused plebbit spacing
Not even going to bother reading

But that's the thing, you are insane. You want to argue about war giving you meaning that you don't have and people are telling you how stupid your thoughts are because they are born of ignorance of the realities of war. And even when people are citing actual firsthand accounts of war, you shoot them down because you want agreements, you don't want opinion.

Jesus the level of thinking you are operating on is hard to even comprehend or argue against. We would have to go back to like first-grade logical questions to get something simple through to you.
What I did was read a bunch of books about the subject we are talking about and based on the similar images of war they presented came up with an image of war that reflects with high probability the actual war that would happen in real world. Sure you can say that they are all lying about the war while wearing your tinfoil hat or say how you would for sure experience the war differently than all the people that also like you wanted to go to war willingly and only after realizing what it truly was but that's a pretty big assumption. And again before you jump on the "you are also making assumptions" you need to realize there are better and worse assumptions. We all operate on assumptions. You can even say that if you let go of an apple it's only an assumption to say that it will fall because at the end of the day you can't see the future so there is never 100% certainty that gravity will work this time but that is such a dumb way to operate in the world.

I don't know that feel.

If army guys are chad assholes now that there's no war, imagine how they'd be if there was a serious war going on.

wouldn't normally respond to a mad boi but I actually think robots are the type who would excel and really find themselves in a military environment, like hitler. women are more likely to develop ptsd so it goes to show that socialization doesn't help that much. plus all military men who come out with tolerable personalities are total dorks.

Hitler blew his own brains out, could barely live with his sexual fetishes, and clearly struggled with meth use towards the end of the war. He's not a good example of robots adapting to wartime life.

I always wanted to be a marine but I had a hernia in my balls for which I got surgery and they didn't accept me.

>Hitler blew his own brains out, could barely live with his sexual fetishes, and clearly struggled with [drug] use
so no change for the robot.

I used to feel like that until I actually joined the Army and realised that it's actual, pure, distilled and concentrated misery and I'd rather hang myself than have anything to do with that again.
Now I just forsake everything; chose the easiest degree I could find so I can get a foreign work visa and got a brown gf, fuck my race and fuck my country.

H-hey um user, can I ask you for a favour? C-come join this Jow Forums Discord server please, it's a really good server I promise! We can maybe even laugh at the Christchurch shooting livestream together if you did... so join using this link right now:
discord
.gg/ymxFyhu

gk

Attached: join degeneracy akarin 11.png (320x360, 219K)