>get average grades
>teachers tell me that if i would put in more work i'd get very good grades
>say fuck it and study
>grades stay the same
>whatthefuck.jpg
>study for the next test too
>grades stay the same again

why is it like this

Attached: 366ddbaf2d2304cabc2f665963837d78.jpg (320x247, 15K)

Mega fag

But are you actually trying? Maybe get a tutor?

its mainly for math, i re-did all of the exercises but it didnt change my result what so ever

You never studied before, of course you don't know how to do it.

is there shit i can do other than re-do all the stuff?
im only interested in how to study math

Aren't there new problems avaiable? Perhaps redoing old problems will unconsciously gravitate you towards copying or recollection, instead of problem solving.

i'll try finding some new ones and try making those as preperation for my test tomorrow. thank you

Probably aren't studying all that effectively. I'm kinda in the same boat, since I never have to study for much but when I do I'm at a loss and studying barely helps me.

What math class is it? Do you need to memorize formulas for it?

the most basic form of math studying is doing a lot of exercises, you just practice schemes of how to solve a specific type of problem its good if you dont want to think too much but not be a complete braindead either
30-40 problems daily should be enough
t.math major in hs

What you mean by math major in hs? Is the hs short for high school?

it's pretty basic stuff, no real formulas i just always get the wrong answer

30-40?? What kind of math did you do?

yes where i live you take majors like math,biology,chemistry and so on you have more classes on the subject you taken as major

idk advanced?
for "problems" i mean hmm lets say one equation
solve 30-40 equations daily and you should be on above average level, unless you are not a brainlet and you are good at finding schemes just do more complicated stuff so you dont forget the "step by step" to solving them
pretty much the receipt for success at math in my place

What kind of high school do you go to where you have to do 30-40 problems a day?

uhh european? i mean our math-physics major was considered hardcore in our area
is it low, high? oh btw 30-40 was homework, we had 2 hours of math classes pretty much daily and guess what we did, problem solving all day everyday
sometimes our teacher would make us a favor and wouldnt give us any homework, it was almost like holiday
when we were in our 3rd year and the final exams were like 3 months away we had to come in for mandatory "extra" classes at 7 a.m and dear god you didnt want to be late for them

man just remembering this now brings back the nostalgia, what good times those were

That sound like a fucking horrible education system, I'm a eurofag as well and I can tell you that being constantly crammed in a room and forced to do shitty tasks is no benefit. Ditch the class and get a tutor my dude

I mean 30-40 means nothing when there's no way of knowing how hard one was. It could be like 40 variants of x(x-2) = 0 for all we know. But spending 2 hours each and every day sounds like a lot.

In the U.S. we never needed to do anywhere near that amount in highschool. I guess when I had 3 AP classes, I did usually have at least 30 problems a day counting both Chemisty and Calculus.
College has actually been less work than that, though the number of problems decrease as they become more lengthy and difficult. Some of these Actuary math problems take over 20 minutes to do if you're not familiar with the problem, so we usually don't have to do many of them.

i had a tutor too and since it was pretty much personal lessons she was overlooking how i solve the problems and then teach me faster ways to do them or if i did mistakes correct me
sometimes doing a lot of exercise was annoying but since solving a problem was my kink i guess i really enjoyed it, doing math with friends, joking in the meantime getting F's cause you didnt pay attention it was pretty comfy and actually helped me pass finals with a decent score
93% in basic math and less impressive (cause i had to ditch math for history) 56% on advanced math

2 hours were in school, homework was a bonus if you were out of shape you could spend 4 hours on it and regarding the difficulty the x(x-2) was pretty much the first example in a series of questions
it was usually something like this:
2 very easy ones to grasp the concept of how to solve this type of question
3-4 medium
3-4 very complicated questions
cant provide any examples because i didnt bring my old math book to uni
we did a lot of math in high school because it was our major, it was almost everything we did for 3 years, when i got into uni on architecture i pretty much didnt have to do anything because we did it all back in hs, but yeah in university we have much less math too and some problems took like 10 min to do or well i should say did take because we had it only on 1st year
damn i miss math

studying is a skill that takes time to learn how to do well, like juggling or double dutch or biking. Now go back and keep trying.

Why did you switch to Architecture if you enjoyed math so much?
Also I wish we had high-schools that focused on math, although I still enjoyed the charter school I went to much more than our shitty public schools.

same
I gave up and passed the bare minimum, now doing a meme degree

Teachers said I had great potential but it's a codeword for retarded imo

Studying isn't just about reading books an hour a day, but kinda living around the subject actively. Subscribe to math youtube channels, be fascinated by it. Watch harder exercises than you can do now, too.
3blue1brown
Mathologer
Numberphile
blackpenredpen

And try to do some problems yourself, regularly with your own will. And don't make a specified time window for these things, let it in your everyday life, and idk, at the morning while drinking coffee you can watch something. You gotta think about it and want to be better at it. Learning is important too. You're no robot though

i hoped math would stick for longer on Arch and i enjoy planning stuff, arranging, i guess ill specialize in urbanism now that i think about it, cause i cant stand modern small architecture
anyway the most complicated stuff from math we had very often was just beyond me, i had problems finding the patterns and did only some part of the problem and later on got stuck
also i couldnt really picture myself in uni on math majors, like what would i do with it after? what kind of job could i take

There's plenty of stuff you can do with applied math. Most of it involves statistics though,
I'm personally planning on becoming an Actuary, which is a profession that usually works with insurance companies to calculate risk and other statistic related stuff.
I'm just really glad I didn't go for theoretical Math, since that would involve tons of proofs, which I hate.

Are you checking your work before you turn it in? Everyone sucks at arithmetic and you might just be making careless mistakes you don't pick up on.