Have you robots and NEETs played DMC V? I have, and I must say that it's disappoint at the least

Have you robots and NEETs played DMC V? I have, and I must say that it's disappoint at the least.

Attached: DMC5_DeluxeEdition_KeyArt_thumb-1.jpg (554x314, 54K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YU2qRPPneu4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All video games are disappointing to me now

Why were you disappointed?
I think it was the best in the series gameplay wise (if you exclude the inertia bullshit for the pros).
Also that ending was pretty good and fitting for the series, it has the babby easy mode from playing V and Nero and the sick stuff with Dante, i think it's pretty much complete as a game, i don't see how it could be better.

it's disappointing*

I hate playing with that emo fag V. The story is cringy, the OST is repetitive, and the scenery is blank as paper.

Attached: 1552389511685.jpg (547x532, 63K)

I liked certain things, but it did feel bland and soulless
Even DMC4 had more of an impact on me, and it was half finished
youtube.com/watch?v=YU2qRPPneu4

r/lostredditors

>DMC V
It's alright but i'm not going to play it second time ever again.

flock off feather face, its great.

Attached: 1537339940728.jpg (238x357, 29K)

What a load of shit. Watch the design philosophy video, the game has soul, you're just far too jaded and potentially caught a case of the /v/ strain contrarianism if you think 4 wasn't a fucking miserable addition.

I've been a big time fan. I'm a real DMC fag. I remember being enraged for years when the reboot came out. I own full cosplay of Dante with the weapons and all that. And I went out drinking with my friends with the drinks on me after 2018 E3.

But as much as I love the gameplay and I grew to like V (exspecially for his creative taunts, and the cool dialogues when he talks poetry and griffon explaining it in dumb language), I am greately dissapointed with the half finished story. And with Vergil's character as a whole.
I loved V as a character, but when I learned his backstory I lost all my interest in the game.
And nero got a gay ass devil trigger form.

Not talking about the unfinished story.

The bland and soulless is a good way of putting it.

The characters themself (with the exeption of nero here and there) felt like they don't really care anymore. Dante was cool and his design is the best so far in the series. But still. It's like he is not even there mentally, just goes on with things.

I had high expectations for the story. Exspecially after Itsuno said that this game would be story driven. And we got that last trailer with Eva in it. I thought we'd get a really cool story. Like Dante and Nero going to the underworld with the help of V to save Vergil so they could defeat Urizen. And they have their family difficulties settle midway. But no. Simply everybody is vergil. But vergil is nothing like himself before.

This story was a complete bullshit. Something based on fanfictions would have been better. But the gameplay is good.

>It's like he is not even there mentally
He's an old boomer now, how do you expect he cares at this point? He just wants to keep doing what he likes.

You're aware it's a reintroduction to the characters as they are now, right? This is clearly set up for later plot developments. I don't think the plot is particularly good, but there's character progression and the reason they're behaving the way they are is made pretty clear. It's all for establishing where they're at now, and why. My biggest issue is how the game didn't start to feel like it got anywhere until towards the end, the pacing is shit, they spend time establishing V with some sense of mystery when even people with a double-digit IQ knew what he was and what his role was.
It isn't even close to soulless, that's an empty criticism. It has fan service, provides a new direction, and has a huge improvement to the gameplay. The music is a little iffy sometimes, and the level design is a boring for a majority of the chapters, but there's a lot of heart in the game.

Lore has never been a big part of this series. And they nearly perfected the gameplay (aside from inertia obviously). So much brought back, other things refined, and a shit ton of additions. Jow Forums is literally the only place I see people shitting on the game, and barely any of the arguments are valid criticisms.

Let's wait a year or two so the hype gets down. And then we'll see.
And sa whatever you want. The story still had no driving force behind it. No drama. Just an empty shell. Like DMC4.

I might be hars on it, because I expected more than DMC3. But still. After 10 years and all the hype to it. I think it was not too much.

But if you saw the final trailer, you pretty much saw the whole drama the game offers.

it's my favorite in the series, better than 3. Gameplay is super clean and appeals to og dmc fans. One downside is that V got boring to play after the first playthrough, i felt like i was repeating the same moves and not really advancing throughout the game. I'm geeked for bloody palace mode. Story itself was good but dialogue was bad at times (typical dmc shit). Bosses were dope and diverse, the only problem is that they weren't as memorable as they could be. Im on my second playthrough and it still feels fresh, definitely worth the money. I thought the soundtrack was pretty solid, not 10/10 but solid. I also wanted more Vergil (but rumors say he will be in the next update). I also with, as an user above stated, that some characters had more screen-time (like the dmc anime characters, trish, lady, eva, etc).

5>3>4=dmc>1>2

PS
>if you hold down R2/RB, V will start reading poetry
>Nero can dropkick if you walk and press the select button (looks like 2 rectangles on xbox one controller)
>Use L2/LB and an attack button to auto-pilot one of V's minions

PSS
>Capcom has been on a roll lately, with two very successful titles back to back. If they make a dead rising 5 located in Japan with a good story and gameplay like the first game, they will have my soul for years.

Attached: images.jpg (202x250, 5K)

Just wait for dragon's dogma 2 based digits user.
It just seems like capcom wants to make money again, after they made shit game after game and not making sequels to the hot stuff that people actually like.

I understand peoples gripes about the story. It really wasn't on the level of the classic dmc stories, but as someone who's primarily there for gameplay and combo variety, i'd say they did right by me. I can agree the environments and lore are lackluster, but i don't believe that makes or breaks the game.

Is the game hard as in challenging or a typical movie action like game, in which you just push buttons to watch the scenes to unfold?

Have ever played a devil may cry game?
You don't ask these questions if you did.
Well if you didn't the game supports baby wheels mode where combos are done by itself, but you usually turn it off as it will get yourself killed more often than not when doing stuff incorrectly at the wrong time, and there are 5 difficulties plus 1 meme difficulty that could be called walking simulator mode (that has to be unlocked after the hard difficulty), the hardest difficulty is you get 1hit KO.

You get to play the first half of the game as Nero and V which are practically easy mode the first and baby mode the second, despite Nero having more tools at his disposal compared to DMC4.

If you have to start playing the series start with 3 it won't be a waste of time as it's just as good, 4 will be slightly weaker than 3 but gameplay wise will be an expansion; 5 will still expand on both games so the series has just progressed until now adding more to the mix.

>The story is cringy

m80 the story to DMC was ALWAYS cringy, thats half of the charm

Get better taste the game's fucking great and was definitely worth the wait

It's ok. Don't like it as much as I liked 3 or 4. V ruins the game.

Also still waiting for Bloody Palace mode. DMC is not DMC without that.

Whats wrong with DMC 1?

Nothing wrong, but it's old, too old, and it's showing, different pacing, different mood, less content.
It's just very barebones, still enjoyable, but barebons, beware of the second though, don't listen to the anons spouting memes that you should play it, it's just not good, you should skip it.

I've played the first 6 missions. It's good, but I'm still preferring 1 and 3 over it. The game is pretty easy, especially V's missions. There's little to no exploration, which has been lacking in the series for a while.

V should have been Mundus. That was the problem.