Dumb normies claim i owe $7000 debt; won't get any of it

>evil apartment complex sends fraudulent $7000 debt to debt collector
>tell them it's nonsense, they disagree
>just sent me a letter, threatening that they may recommend that the "client" will take money by:
>(1) garnishment of wages, (2) bank account levies, or (3) liens on property
>literally NEET, with less than $500 in bank account, and own no property

haha fucking normies ain't gonna get shit for this fake debt. can't squeeze blood from a rose =)

Attached: suck-a-fart-out-of-this-ass.jpg (960x955, 107K)

but did you owe him?

i don't owe anything. $7000 for a lease i didn't sign. they charged 1 month, 30 different days of late rent, then the rest of the 12 month lease. i never got jack shit from them.

>but did you owe him?

The debt is fraudulent because I moved out of the apartment and told them I wasn't going to live there any more or pay them any more.

OP here, this isn't even me

>I moved out of the apartment
wrong, i never moved in

> or pay them any more.
i never paid them in the first place

That isn't how that work. If you signed a lease. You are contractly responsible for what ever the lease states.

So they're trying to get $7k from you despite you never signing a contract or moving in?

>If you signed a lease
there's no proof i signed anything. it's an "electronic signature" which anyone can do

exactly. they cite an "electronic signature" which anyone could have signed, using my name. no proof i did anything

it was sent from your email address?

Hmmm, no idea. How could they prove it's mine?

>he made this thread again
yes you do you owe them the money and they will end up starting to seize your bank accounts and things you own because you were too fucking dumb to read the fine print on the sublease you signed

>tfw I move to a different state so I broke contract with my apartment complex because the lease was still for another 8 months
Am I going to go to jail?

Yet you did sign it and when you get arrested. You will make things 100x worse by claiming they committed fraud.

Sounds like identity theft to me, in which case you have bigger problems to worry about than 7k in fraudulent debt.

electronic signatures are legal signatures

I didn't sign anything. Also they can't seize shit, i am dirt poor

Don't worry about it too much. Even a comatosely drunk first year law student could void any electronic signature (in burgerstan).

There's no proof it was me. Post your name so i can electronically sign something

>I didn't sign anything
>I refuse to pay
enjoy jail poorfag

Plz elaborate mister

no unless you owe the government money
you will be hounded by a debt collection firm though
and maybe the bailiff or whatever the court employee is called, who will start squeezing your bank account for money

Literally impossible. You can't be arrested for owing a person a debt. Only if you owe money to the government for not paying taxes. These debts literally go away in 7 years

Good luck convincing anyone (in this particular situation) that the requirements for esign to be legally binding were met.

>you did sign it
no proof of that

>when you get arrested
literally impossible

>by claiming they committed fraud
not my claim at all. i have no idea who signed it. could have been some random guy, like moot or brenton tarrant

what shitty country do you live in? here things like that don't just "go to the debt collector" there's a specific tenant/landlord board they'd have to work through which would then give a legal determination if you owe money or not. if you told them you weren't moving in and never paid them despite electronic communications and they literally sat on the property and didn't rent it to anyone else for that entire year LMAO the tribunal would have a field day with their retardation.

I know you think you're smart and have this figured out but you don't, because you voided your legal claim to not consenting/knowing about the signature when you moved in, even for 1 month

lol nigga you retarded? You can't sign a legally binding contract and just go "lol nope changed my mind, see ya suckers!" Here's what you actually did:
>entered into a legally enforceable agreement to pay a specific amount of money in a specific payment schedule
>reneged in the agreement
That you decided on your own volition to not enjoy the fruits of the agreement is irrelevant.

>what shitty country do you live in?
USA

>ere things like that don't just "go to the debt collector" there's a specific tenant/landlord board they'd have to work through which would then give a legal determination if you owe money or not
the weird thing is that in that town (my old uni town) apartment complexes change owners every couple years. then when they decide to sell the apartments, they also sell off a fuckton of debt. usually it's just "cleaning charge" or whatever

>if you told them you weren't moving in and never paid them despite electronic communications and they literally sat on the property and didn't rent it to anyone else for that entire year LMAO the tribunal would have a field day with their retardation.
actually, i supposedly owed the whole 12 months 1 month after the date i was supposed to move in. the lease wouldn't even be half-way over by now

Contact a lawyer. Your credit is probably already tanked.

you request verification of the debt in writing. From this moment they cannot contact you till you receive this.

Then if they send it and it's still bullshit, go to small claims court. I did this, won the court fees and had to pay nothing, and they had to give me $50.

my credit score is 690 on transunion, and 676 on equifax. it actually went up since last time

>Then if they send it and it's still bullshit
it's just an "electronic signature" that's all they have

oh yeah furthermore they can't charge you the amount of the lease, if you signed it. They can charge you for LOST RENT, and they have to show that they made every reasonable effort to re-rent it (this is to prevent double dipping--a tenant leaves without finishing lease, you re-rent it, and then still try to collect on the person that was in the first lease). If it's 7k is that like 6-12 months of rent? If so that time has to already have passed. They can try to collect 1 month for the month they're about to spend trying to rent it.

No, they won't send that. They'll send a thing that states what contract was entered into, when, and why that means that you owe them. Many places know that by the time you're requesting this it's too much of a hassle and don't bother.

I had to take mine to small claims and shit on them for it.

they sent me the "lease" i supposedly signed, all it had was an electronic signature

i think they are bothering in this case, because it's $7000

>user signs a contact then gets jewed for it
>only way out is he wants to commit fraud by claiming he had his identity hijacked and it wasn't him who signed it
This isn't going to end well for you.
but i feel it. i've wanted to move out of my place for the last few months but can't because the fucking lease. only way to break it is to pay them $2500, then they'll let me go. I should have just went with that desu, even if it's money in the toilet. still have 3 months left here and it feels like i've flushed 6 months of my life in the trash.
it's so fucking jewish i hate leases. everything should be month to month.

>actually, i supposedly owed the whole 12 months 1 month after the date i was supposed to move in. the lease wouldn't even be half-way over by now

Did you ever actually move in, even for a day?

I told you, I lived there for a month. But I never signed anything and they can't prove that I signed anything.

>Did you ever actually move in, even for a day?
nope

is not me. not sure why he's pretending to be me. cruisin for a bruisin desu

Wait, so the gov is coming for me now?

If you lived there for a month dipshit there's the presumption that you signed a lease at some point, no judge is going to say you didn't sign it, and then a guy with your name happened to move in

jesus christ I'm done helping you

What the fuck are you doing? I've seen samefags and obsessed fags but never something quite as special as this attempt.

Attached: 1497063597691.gif (254x196, 1.8M)

>jesus christ I'm done helping you
fug that wasn't even me though. this is me:

>If you lived there for a month dipshit there's the presumption that you signed a lease at some point, no judge is going to say you didn't sign it, and then a guy with your name happened to move in

That's bullshit, they can't prove I knew I had to be there for a year.

Stop trying to confuse people, I'm trying to get help and advice here asshole

Fuck you man, stop messing around. This is my life dude.

this isn't a fucking criminal proceeding, it's what any REASONABLE PERSON MIGHT ASSUME. And since a guy with YOUR NAME moved in and then your signature HAPPENS TO ALSO BE ON A CONTRACT then yes a judge will enforce that.

After collections they can take you to court, and if you don't show they'll just summarily judge you and garnish you or grab it from a bank account/any assets. If you do show they'll probably do that anyway since you stayed there a month and are trying to claim you never signed anything

that's not how it works, look up electronic certificates

If this is you and you didn't move in for a day, again see my earlier post but essentially they have to show they made good faith efforts, similar to or exceeding what they did before, to rent it for the months you weren't there. If they issued this debt collection before the year was even up, then it isn't enforceable and just tell them you need verification of the debt and then take them to small claims if they persist in their bullshittery.

dude it doesn't fucking matter, the facts of Faggot Guy are as follows
>electronically sign something
>live there for a month
>move out and stiff them for the length of the lease
>claim you can pretend it wasn't you signing it

he doesn't understand that if you live somewhere, and yo'rer Faggot Guy, and Faggot Guy also signed something, tehy're not going to even deal with electronic certificates or any other bullshit they're just going to go straight to garnishment. They don't need to prove to a fucking jury it was really you. Any reasonable person will assume the guy signing it is the guy living there and your names HAPPEN TO MATCH

you realize your typing style gives you away for not being OP right? fucking retard normie

As someone who works in debt recovery I can explain how OP is fucked.

First off his credit is 0 so he can forget getting approved for a loan or mortgage in the future, he will only have access to the riskiest cards with the highest interest like 25%+ lmao.
Next, they will garnish his wages meaning the collection agency will take the suit before a real judge who will deem OP "GUILTY :-)". So, if and when OP gets a job they will literally take his money out of his paycheck to cover the debt he owes. No they will not throw you in jail for owing debt but they will financially fuck you so hard you will wish they threw you in jail because at least then you could eat.

Working in debt recovery is nice because you see how you never want to live.

I've worked in debt collections. anything less than 10k$ is simply not worth anyones time. Thats maybe 10 hours of worktime for an entry level lawyer. It's simply not worth taking to court. I wouldn't worry about it.

>First off his credit is 0
credit score is like 676 or 690

>forget getting approved for a loan or mortgage in the future
implying i would need one of those for any reason. i can loan from my parents

>he will only have access to the riskiest cards with the highest interest like 25%+ lmao.
i have a credit card and barely use it. i don't buy things like that. when i did wageslave, i only paid rent, food, and drugs. rarely use credit at all

>the collection agency will take the suit before a real judge who will deem OP "GUILTY :-)".
except i dindu nuffin wrong

>Next, they will garnish his wages
i am a NEET so that's unpossible

your credit is CURRENTLY that. After a year of negative remarks on an open account it'll be DICK credit score.

The judge will absolutely find you guilty. They won't waste more than 5 minutes on this.

That's IF you accelerate it to court and you arne't a total dumbass like this guy pretending he didn't sign something

Why did you only move in for a month?

I don't think you fully grasp the severity of your situation. All I see all day are wage garnishments and bank levies and first appearance fees. I have to deal with paralegals and I hate paralegals. Did you think I was joking when I told you I work in the industry? I am the people you never want to hear from but because of your careless missteps here we are. When did you get the notice?

It was actually a little less than a month desu.

I wanted to move out from my parent's. We had a disagreement. And it was one of those times you know, when you think you're going to go normie. But I just couldn't do it so I moved back.

Not even a full month, and they want $7000? $7000 from a stone with no blood. It's crazy.

you signed a lease, no judge is going to say oh I guess someone else signed a year lease and you moved in for a month

FUCK are people actually this stupid.

i would like to preface: i have no money, i have no assets, i have no job or income. there's literally NOTHING for them to take if they don't harvest my organs

>When did you get the notice?
a couple months ago i got the first letter. just got another one today, that it is saying

>your refusal to make suitable arrangements to satisfy the above referenced debt has resulted in your account being reviewed for additional recovery options available to our client in your state. our company has already reported this account to all three national credit bureaus, which is likely affecting your ability to obtain credit, rent, or secure favorable interest rates
(i do none of those anyway)
more:
>if voluntary payment of this account is not made, we may recommend that our client proceed with additional collection remedies available to them under the law. if our client elects to initiate a lawsuit and obtains a court judgment against you, they may pursue other lawful recovery options. their options may include any or all of the following, based upon legal procedures allowed in your state:

>1. garnishment of wages [which i don't have]
>2. bank account levies [it's pretty much totally empty]
>3. liens on property [i own 0 property]

>we encourage you to contact our office....

basically that's the letter i just got

the apartment complex that is the "current creditor" changed ownership. so the company that originally received the "electronic signature" is not even the same company that currently owns the apartments

Yes of course they are people like OP provide me a job and make my boss really stupid rich :-)

>FUCK are people actually this stupid.
i am OP and i DID NOT move in to the apartment at all. the "lease" is straight bullshit. anyone could have signed it

thats IF they take him to court.
it takes a LOT of money to do that, i've worked in debt collections before. 7k is just not worth it, specially when the debtor has no property to their name. 10 will barely pay for 10 hours work of any entry level lawyer.

What does happen in these cases though is that debt collectors will harass him for years sending him spam mail and calling him, because that's all they can afford to do.
OP just ignore the calls and you'll be fine.

Yes. So why don't you understand that
>a) you fucked up
>b) you need to stop fucking up and take this seriously
>c) ask mom and dad to call lawyer/counsel
>d) it doesn't matter that they can't take anything from you now it's what they will take from you in the future
Planning ahead obviously isn't your strong suit though

My company will go after you for more than 4k. Maybe it helps that we have such strong network of attorneys in all 50 states+

>reading this thread
>suddenly concerned I come off to other people as stupid as OP does to me right now
This has been rather sobering. I'm sorry for living a disreputable life.

>le epic normies xD
Quit postponing it and kill yourself already, you waste of oxygen

>mfw remembering when OP first posted about this a few months back when he got the first notice
>he didn't listen to everyone in the thread telling him to get it settled fast and just deal with his poor choices
>literally doomed himself by trying to kick the can down the road and ignore it
>mfw he'll eventually end up on the street when mummy and daddy die and he realizes companies do credit score checks as part of basic background check/hiring package

Attached: 1505389976956.jpg (399x385, 29K)

i did try to settle it. i sent a letter telling them the whole thing is nonsense. i only just got this one: >mfw he'll eventually end up on the street when mummy and daddy die
nah, they simply make too much money...

all debts get removed in 7 years anyway, goofball

>it's an "electronic signature" which anyone can do
that's the signature you really can't fake

are you retarded?

Attached: 1530011775341.png (550x543, 18K)

>all debts get removed in 7 years anyway, goofball
are you jewish? this isn't a thing.
t. 60k in debt and wish it was true

>they sent me the "lease" i supposedly signed, all it had was an electronic signature
you are retarded
electronic signatures count as regular ones

>that's the signature you really can't fake
elaborate please. how can they prove it was actually me? anyone could have done it

>are you jewish? this isn't a thing.
yes it is, it's US law
>t. 60k in debt and wish it was true
you probably owe the government money, so it's entirely different in that case

>electronic signatures count as regular ones
sure, mayben but how can they prove i signed it? they can't! anyone who has a computer that knows certain details about me could fake it

>elaborate please. how can they prove it was actually me? anyone could have done it
oh, so it's not an actual electronic signature
you mean you typed your name in
well, that's not binding
and don't call it an electronic signature, you dipshit
an electronic signature uses verification services, that usually use mobiles as the verifier with codes

Attached: 1540307459015.png (556x478, 214K)

Just thugmaxx

they called it an "electronic signature"

thing is, someone else could use my phone and do it, if that's true

really, no proof at all i was the one that signed anything

Serious advice:
ignore any further letters.
you will start getting calls soon from people threatening you saying there's an arrest warrant out for you, that they tried to serve you papers and that you weren't home, etc. Ignore them. It's a very common collection agency tactic.

What happens now is that since the owner of the debt knows that they have no way to get their money back, they will sell their debt for 10-20% of it's value to a debt collection agency who will start harassing you constantly for a period of several years. These people have no way to take you to court, it's too expensive, all they can do is scare you into paying. Ignore them.

Also consider changing your phone number.

Based Hydewars poster

Gross, fakest ass i have ever seen and if this attracts you, you are a retarded faggot

>someone else could use my phone and do it, if that's true

OMG he did the two factor authentication and still thinks he can just say he dindu nuffin

Ever notice how NEETs are all incredibly stupid and all lie compulsively?

Get a job and pay your bills you retard.

>OMG he did the two factor authentication
makes no sense. how does it work? you put in whatever phone number you want?

"two factor authentication" LOL wtf?

if i go on a website and do an "electronic signature" with YOUR NAME how will it know what phone number to put? you make 0 sense

>Get a job
nobody will give me one. can't buy a job from the job store

>pay your bills
it's literally not a "bill" though

Wish i knew that. paid off a $300 illegitimate debt from a medical office that they told me was covered by insurance...then I got a bill a year later. tired of receiving letters and calls I paid them. Man I'm dumb. Ah well.
senpai a medical office says I owe them 500 for lab work I literally didn't even want done but the doctor wouldn't remove the moles unless they all got sent to the lab to be tested for cancer, which I said was dumb and needless but she got hysteric and wanted to refuse treatment unless I consented to pay for it. I have the bill for it now but no money, told the collections lady I couldn't pay for at least a couple months. My address will change soon and they also have my name wrong. Should I pay? I won't be going back to that lab or doctor again due to moving.
My credit is already shit and I don't see how it hurts me.
I want to change my phone number after I move as well so it should be fine? Can you really get away with just not paying these crooks?

>makes no sense. how does it work? you put in whatever phone number you want?
>"two factor authentication" LOL wtf?

You answer the email. That's the first factor.

Answering the email sends you a text. You answer the text. That's the second factor.

Alternatively, sometimes the text sends you a code that you include in your email response.

Either way, your whole:

>But she caught me on the counter (It wasn't me)
>Saw me bangin' on the sofa (It wasn't me)
>I even had her in the shower (It wasn't me)
>She even caught me on camera (It wasn't me)

...shtick isn't going to work.

>Can you really get away with just not paying these crooks?

>I got a dermatology service
>It coulda been cancer
>I'm OK, and I got rid of my moles
>THOSE DAMN CROOKS WHO WANTA GET PAID!!!!!

Lol fucking faggot. I hope you get fucked hard by these guys.

It still doesn't prove that HE was using that specific device at that specific time and that absolutely no one else was using it.

you're not going to court over $500. but if you plan to get a mortage in the next 10~ years then yes, it could be a problem. Just ignore any calls from debt collectors. Do not engage them in any way, ignore all calls from unknown phone numbers. if you really have to take calls from people you don't know (for example if you get a job in sales or something) then ask them to identify themselves first and if they say they're from an agency just tell them they have the wrong number. Do not acknowledge the debt in any way

Care to share any stories user?

I didn't want them sent to the lab, just removed, but she wouldn't do it without the lab work. It's clearly a scam because you'd only need to send ONE to the lab, not five. She just wanted to charge me as much as possible. Usually I pay my bills but I am rather salty, this is clearly a racket.

OP:
forget all this "it wasn't me" stuff. by arguing whether or not it was you who signed those papers, you are acknowledging the debt. Don't do this. Just ignore any further communications from the debtor, or people claiming to represent them. Don't engage them in any way. this will all go away in a few years.

Imagine believing in words on a paper obligate you to do stuff

Holy fuck you're stupid even for a robot. Can't imagine what kind of ugly you are to go along with it.

>You answer the email. That's the first factor.
anyone can make an email though

>Answering the email sends you a text. You answer the text. That's the second factor.
anyone can put any phone number though

>Alternatively, sometimes the text sends you a code that you include in your email response.
didn't happen

>Either way, your whole:
but there is literally no proof that i, personally, did any of those things. there's no catching ME doing it. you make no sense!

>I didn't want them sent to the lab, just removed, but she wouldn't do it without the lab work. It's clearly a scam because you'd only need to send ONE to the lab, not five. She just wanted to charge me as much as possible. Usually I pay my bills but I am rather salty, this is clearly a racket.

Any one of them could have been a carcinoma, dude. She couldn't just test one and let the others slide.

Did you put the overall service on your insurance? If there was no chance at all for any of them to be cancerous, that would make it a cosmetic surgery and I bet your insurance wouldn't have covered it. Insurance is for sick people, not ugly people with gross skin.

>>Answering the email sends you a text. You answer the text. That's the second factor.
>anyone can put any phone number though

If you replied to the text, it clearly wasn't someone randomly putting your phone number in.

i don't remember any of this stuff

but still, there's no way they would have some database of every american citizen, and their phone number and email

what is stopping me from "digitally signing" your name, putting an email, and using some random phone # in and doing "two factor authentication" that way?

what's stopping someone from taking your phone while you're asleep and going on your computer and using both, assuming you have no passwords?

>there's no way they would have some database of every american citizen, and their phone number and email
the absolute state of this dumbfucking neet

Stop posting this picture if you have nothing interesting to say, idiots.

>but still, there's no way they would have some database of every american citizen, and their phone number and email
>what is stopping me from "digitally signing" your name, putting an email, and using some random phone # in and doing "two factor authentication" that way?

There is in fact a database connecting citizens to cell phones, you idiot. It's called YOUR FUCKING PHONE COMPANY.

>what's stopping someone from taking your phone while you're asleep and going on your computer and using both, assuming you have no passwords?

You. YOU are supposed to be stopping someone from taking your phone and computer and entering into contracts as you when you're asleep.

If you ever do have a day when you're going into court to tell the story of how you feel asleep and elves took your phone and computer and pretended to be you, PLEASE NOTIFY US ALL so we can show up and watch. Please.