Remember the seduction community? For any underagefags here...

Remember the seduction community? For any underagefags here, it was this community of incels who tried to learn how to pick up women back in the 2000s. Rose to prominence with pic related. Eventually most people in the community realized it was a huge scam and moved on to MRA, MGTOW, and INCEL culture. But at the time there was definitely this strong feeling of optimism in the air, a feeling that you could somehow "learn to" pick up women, without even having to become attractive.

Kinda miss it in some ways. The atmosphere in male-focused online communities is a lot more depressing these days.

Attached: the game ns.jpg (309x400, 27K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/zYIeVFHxe28
torrentz2.eu/2cc0108be794fa46d8989bc4f66ddce9212e1c03
rsdbootcamp.com/schedule/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I remember being infatuated by the community back in the day, but never had the courage to follow their advice and do day game. It does seem like the euphoria is lost. Hard to believe there are still PUA autists on rooshv and the like that do this kind of stuff and still score. Seems kind of sleasy and too much effort, you also have to be in the right locations.

>but never had the courage to follow their advice and do day game

I tried the bar/nightclub thing a few times. All I ever got out of it was a few phone numbers. I also did online dating for a while and I guess I still swipe on Tinder every now and then, but I'm not sure that's really 'pua'

>Eventually most people in the community realized it was a huge scam
It wasn't a huge scam, it was just hard as fuck to do without having your confidence destroyed. I used to read PUA blogs in high school in the early 2010s, after PUA had gone out of style, but it still helped me a ton ton ton with girls. Then in 2014, I hit a terrible depression and lost all of my knowledge. But I have Mystery Method, Double Your Dating and No More Mr Nice Guy on my kindle so I'm getting back into it.

Yeah I remember. Boy what a waste of time that was. Bitches unironically aint shit.

I had a friend in high school and college who swore by that book. Every time I hung out with him he'd have us watch some cringey PUA video clip and he unironically used "negging" and "FPC" and whatever other fucking lingo these snake-oil confidence men used to try and peddle their disengenuous bullshit in a veil of authority. I don't know what's sadder, that he bought into this or that it actually worked.

Lesson 1: Try and diagnose the girl you're flirting with with either OCD or ADHD.
youtu.be/zYIeVFHxe28

It worked for me. I didn't become a pickup artist, but it gave me perspective and insight enough on how to improve and become social.
David Deangelo was great.

>negging
What happy fucking horseshit. Yeah, I get the idea on a conceptual level, it's playing mind games, but don't just outwardly be autistic and shit on the girl you're trying to fuck, it won't work.

Tell me about it. I didn't have the vocabulary or the eloquence to express how I felt about it then, past "this is fucking retarded." Which of course just made my friend double-down on his efforts to try and convert me. It was all so tiresome.

Negging was just an autistic way to describe teasing, which definitely does work and turns girls on or gets them trying to get your validation. There's nothing like making a comment to a girl and seeing her go "w-well I don't ALWAYS do that. I only smoke when I drink but I'm not a big smoker"

>. Eventually most people in the community realized it was a huge scam
Explain.

Seems like people got tired of endlessly validating woman, now the strategy is to improve yourself so much that girls would be stupid not to pursue you. That's why channels like AMS blew up so fast,

I fucking hate AMS stop shilling his retarded country ass please

I can't believe I lost the fucking game

*ssssssssippp* Heh. You got the reference. Noice.

>actually worked
Wait, PUA shit actually works?

It works user. They wouldn't be able to have a whole industry based around it if there wasn't some truth to it. You just have to get over the fact that you're gonna have a ton of humiliating moments and probably go through the worst anxiety of your life trying to make it work. That's why so many guys thought it was a scam. What they learned didn't work on the first few girls they tried it with or they did it in an incredibly autistic way and got themselves into trouble, so they just decided that it was complete bullshit.

Where should I start? I mean there are shittons of books about PUA, is there one which teaches me all the tricks so I don't have to waste more money than necessary?

Its still going, the best one is Todd Valentine on youtube, but Tyler from that book is still doing it, they made are making a killing

It works a fraction of the time. Selling it they really up-played the effectiveness.

The thing is even if you learn the basics and don't becoe advanced, you can still do things you couldn't before like, talk to and have a conversation with any stranger you see, and make friends. Sleeping with a girl is hard and there's luck involved, especially with one you just met.

The other thing is the PUAs were the first ones to really publicise or permeate women's sexuality so all the 'red pill' stuff you know, they were the first to disseminate those ideas to a broad audience

I was there. Started with David DeAngelo, tried some Mystery Method, went to RSD, watched the whole 20 hour DVD set, actually met up with some people from a local forum. This was like 2007-2010. still a virgin

First, don't pay for anything over $20. The knowledge in itself isnt a scam but a lot of guys will try and charge you $300+ for their shitty course that they hype the fuck up.

You can buy a $10 book on Amazon that teaches you the basics of what you need to know. But there's also a bunch of free content on YouTube. Todd V Dating, Evolution Daily, Jan Lifestyle. A bunch of videos on the technical nerd side of it and videos of the guys putting it into action. I always prefer learning from ugly, short or Asian (or all 3) guys. I'm none of those things, so it reminds me that if they can do it, I should have no issue.

I used to like Tyler from RSD but his content has shifted more toward normalfaggots in recent years.

When I was younger, I'd read these two blogs called SeductionScience and GirlsChase. SeductionScience's layout is shit now and it's harder to maneuver through but it still has all of those old articles up that helped me.

Also, books like Mystery Method and Double Your Dating are the foundation of the whole industry and what all the current people are building off of. Mystery Method is incredibly cringey but it still works if you're not a complete autist and remove dumb shit like peacocking and indirect openers and replace negging and retarded magic tricks with teasing and comfort building.

Once you get the hang of it and see that it's all pretty simple and is just a series of steps that make complete sense, girls won't be an issue.

Read "The Game" and then this book "Everything Out Of Her Mouth Is A Test"
torrentz2.eu/2cc0108be794fa46d8989bc4f66ddce9212e1c03
These books will let you feel more confident because you have an established framework for communication.

Oh no I get that much, but calling it that and describing it as putting the girl down makes it sound like you're legit mentally handicapped.

-You can become a PUA but decent people get tired of one night stands and drama.
-Then there is playing, playing requires alot of work and betrayal.

Many think they want this life but really dont.

Thanks guys. original original

balding gingerfag can do it, why cant you user?

Attached: baldfag.png (1140x587, 402K)

One of the interesting things about The Game is that it's half instruction and half just information about the crazy world of PUAs as it was in the early mid 2000s. There's this concept they discuss called the "phase shift" which you move to once you've identified a few "indicators of attraction" ... shit is actually so good for virginal dudes who've never even kissed.

The guys who started this whole PUA thing were mentally handicapped. It was made by and for robots.

You can use the knowledge you learned from PUA to find a gf and future wife user. You don't have to have one night stands if you don't want to.

Energy and demoralization. I wish I was 10 years younger.

I hate how much of a normalnigger he's become. He used to start with building you up from what he called a "hard case" (severe depression, anxiety, self hatred), working on your confidence, teaching you how women work, how to translate that over into your interactions with everyone, how to translate that into succcess in life, etc. Now his advice is literally "just be cool bro lol" "just get a good Instagram that shows you how good your life is and girls will want to fuck you lmao" "just have a cool social circle"

>"hard case" (severe depression, anxiety, self hatred)
Yup, that's more or less me.

It works. Echoing what and
wrote, for my college friend he was
A) sort of self-aware to a stunted point, but not-
B) -self-aware enough to the point of being a dysfunctional robot too harassed by his own insecurities to dampen his confidence
C) intelligent enough to seem really smart without going full autismo intimidating
D) an unassuming middle-of-the-road white guy. I know you cucked faggots think being a straight white male makes you the most underprivileged, discriminated, and oppressed group of people since the dawn of civilization, but white Western male is still the default bar for both getting laid and getting away with the aggressive PUA technique
E) he always went for the lowest-hanging fruit, which dramatically increased the effectiveness of his game, and-
F) -he had so much faith in PUA he was blinded by confirmation bias. Out of every 2000 failures he had one success, which he took as proof that PUA works, and every time I tried to show him how suspect a 0.05% success rate is in a system, he would dismiss it by saying "well the PUA guys even TELL you to be prepared to be shot down a lot so like it totally works they thought of everything," which in and of itself is a copout.

So anyway, to sum it up, my friend is a normie to begin with and PUA only just slightly helped him get off to a running start.

So what you're saying is that technically speaking PUA works, just not very often?

They were the originators of shit like "alpha/beta male" and "oneitis"

Yeah. They dress it up in fancy lingo meant to evoke a pseudo-scientific, pseudo-bookie emotion and sell it to retards on the mystique of a super secret club of self-made Chads getting 12/10 women gushing wet over them with a fucking wingardio leviosa Harry Potter spell ("neg the mark with your peacocking approach, then fall back on the slow-burn if she's unresponsive to your MA by advancing your TFD value") but all PUA comes down to is: demonstrate that you're a high value man through social and visual cues, be confident enough to flirt, and be stubborn enough to receive constant rejection.

>be stubborn enough to receive constant rejection.
You say that like that's not something all men experience though. Constant rejection is part of being a man. The whole thing is numbers game, it's just that the guys who actually study it can bend the numbers in their favor.

Oh he has? I used to watch his videos for encouragement back around 2013.

he has these JUST eyes, really fitting when you think of it

the game is a pretty good book even if you read it purely for the story

I had to google what "negging" is and it raised one question: Why "negging" is considered bad and misogynistic? I have been doing it all my life because it is part of human interraction.

Attached: 68a098f9.jpg (205x246, 8K)

Go watch one of his more recent videos. Around 2016-17, he took a huge turn and now he just gets on stage and rambles about retarded shit like energy and sucking his friends' dicks. He'll say shit like "How many of you guys have had that one girlfriend/fuck buddy that you just...." and the whole crowd raises their hands. His audience is full of normies who want 3 girlfriends instead of just one.

His fans are more just followers now than guys actually trying to learn.

A lot of stuff in that book is retarded but the basic principles are true and work.

It's not bad or misogynistic. No part of PUA was bad or misogynistic. The issue people had with it is that these nerds broke down social interaction with women into a science and sold the knowledge. Women felt like that was manipulative. Women also had no idea of all of the tricks a man pulls to get their interest, so when they saw it all laid out so plain and cold, they thought basic parts of conversation and flirting were evil and sexist.

I'm really glad people are seeing the good in these pua guys. So many people throw the baby out with the bathwater when it comes to self help advice

does PUA work with women in the workplace?

>You say that like that's not something all men experience though
I'm not going to argue a pendantic point because I get the gist of what you're saying, but there are dudes who are naturally Chad and they don't have to deal with constant rejection. Maybe occasional rejection, but they don't need to buffer their egos with PUA or MGTOW or whatever retarded coping acronym is trending right now. I don't know how you got that from my post in the first place. I think you're looking for a reason to refute me because you're invested in PUA and you don't want to believe that it's a load of pseudo-psychology crock. And if it's working for you, great, more power to you. But if I'm going to invest my time, energy, ego and money into a system, I want to see a better return than a 1 out of every 2000 chance.

I wasnt part of that time, but around 2012, I was in hs being a loser virgin and somehow lurking in internet found about the PUA subculture and the game, I read it, seem legit, and give me confidence in trying, but the book didnt take my shyness and cowardly away, so never act.

Now I see it as a way of gaining confidence, it kinda works, but only in the average roastie, I think finding you own game and moves would work out for every male more than the book.

office fuck = bad luck

Literally every womanizing guy I ever witnessed in school teased the shit out of girls. And they were all over them.

PUA is just a breakdown of what happens in the interaction between a man and woman that leads to sex. It's not some weird style of dating or a special move. So yes, PUA will "work" on women at the workplace because they're women and women like confident, assertive, sexual men. But it won't work on all women because some women won't be attracted to you no matter what.

But just to keep the drama out of your life, don't try to fuck any girls at work. Unless you work some shit tier minimum wage job like an amusement park or a call center, then who cares.

What's AMS?

>but there are dudes who are naturally Chad and they don't have to deal with constant rejection
And that's the part that bothers me about your post. You're kind of implying that the goal is to be Chad level and never get rejected when it's not. The goal is just to fuck some whores or find a gf. Of course Chads don't need PUA, they were born with all the skills they need. Some people are born with athletic skills but that doesn't mean everyone else should just give up.
>I think you're looking for a reason to refute me because you're invested in PUA and you don't want to believe that it's a load of pseudo-psychology crock
Moreso that I don't want you to discourage anyone here from bettering themselves.

This 1/2000 thing is just your one friend. Who knows what his issues were and why he was able to only fuck 1 out of every 2000 girls.

He is actually very handsome, highly intelligent (which women are attracted to, and allows him to think of solutions in social situations more easily), and has god-tier beard genetics. He's not the total schlub he bills himself as.

>I think finding you own game and moves would work out for every male more than the book
That's the point. When I first started learning, that was what all of the "instructors" would say. Take what they're teaching you and use it as training wheels until you develop your own style and way of doing it.

>>. Eventually most people in the community realized it was a huge scam
>Explain.

The PUAs were all peddling these overpriced $3000 bootcamps that literally just consisted of going out to a bar.

rsdbootcamp.com/schedule/

>shit tier minimum wage job like an amusement park

hey that seems fun, all the people at my local park seem happy and the girls are hot

Alpha Male Strategies, some country bumpkin on YouTube. He gets shilled on here sometimes. His advice is good but it would be of no use to the majority of Jow Forums, since he assumes you're already past the point of talking to women and getting dates and sex. His advice is more for managing relationships, not for starting them.

Attached: 86D314CD-6062-4793-955D-BC31A6FCECA0.jpg (750x429, 193K)

And I'm sure they're all getting passed around by the group of Chads that work there.

>You're kind of implying that the goal is to be Chad level and never get rejected when it's not.
That's totally what I'm implying and that's exactly how these PUA conmen make their pitch.
>Moreso that I don't want you to discourage anyone here from bettering themselves
Alright thanks Gandhi. Good to know you've got all our best interests in mind on this alt-right Cambodian shadow puppet forum. Can you see the flat earth from up there on your high horse?

fugggggg okay thank you

thank you user, will follow said advice

>That's totally what I'm implying and that's exactly how these PUA conmen make their pitch.
No it's not. I've never seen one who sold their product by saying you'll never get rejected again. They're always upfront about rejection, even going as far as posting rejection compilations on YouTube so their audience knows that it's going to happen, even to the guy who's teaching it.
>Alright thanks Gandhi. Good to know you've got all our best interests in mind on this alt-right Cambodian shadow puppet forum. Can you see the flat earth from up there on your high horse?
What's your problem? I grew up totally isolated and contemplated suicide regularly growing up. I found PUA because I wanted to fuck girls at my school but it also pushed me to be an all-around better person. I attribute a lot of my happiness and the peace I have with myself to what I learned from PUA because they were the first people who ever told me that there's nothing wrong with me, there was no use in putting myself and that all of my issues were fixable. It was deeper than getting pussy to me. I don't want another user who was where I was to miss out on the potentially life changing knowledge that I got. Fuck off.

Attached: BD0EF348-5FF3-413A-9A67-8F48045D785A.png (2160x714, 29K)

>there was no use in putting myself
*pitying myself

I started reading PUA material in high school back in 2011.
It was the first time I actually began understanding how social dynamics work, and it gave me a significant insight into why people (both men and women) behave the way they do. It became very apparent how sexuality rules our behavior, especially among high-school students.
This knowledge helped me get a girlfriend, but it also installed some toxic attitudes and behavior in me that actually made relations worse. I let go of those eventually, but only after fostering some negative feedback.

The greatest gamechanger however has been meditation.
After five years with my ex, I broke up with her and moved to the mountains to study Ascension meditation with the ishaya monks for six months. I descended from the mountains as a changed man. This was 1,5 year ago. I've never had so many women attracted to me as after that. And when you learn to see through the bullshit program that runs through your own mind, you are also able to see through the bullshit programs that run through the minds of other people. But this time, the attitude is different. I see people from an attitude of compassion rather than fear. I meet people with acceptance of where they're at rather than judgement for where they ain't. Everything's different. My relationship to myself, to other people, to the world - everything.

Attached: wojak leaning against tree.png (796x1060, 89K)

My problem is PUA's a scam and a trend and you're upselling it with your feelgood story about how they're going to take you in, absolve you of all your faults, validate all your insecurities and mold you into a better person. The Army sells the exact same pitch. The Church sells the same exact pitch. So does the alt-right, so did the Nazis, so do all these triple AAA professional bullshitters. You're too invested into this relic of a """""subculture""""" to see it for what it is, and you're trying to upsell it as some Charles Atlast miracle regimen while posturing like a cunt about how you're going to save these poor lonely downtrodden anons, when all you're really doing is hiding behind your saviour complex and trying to bring in fresh blood to your empty cult. The same cult that validated you and is now on life support. You're not here to serve anyone but yourself my guy, you fuck off.

The basic idea of PUA is that men's sexuality is a light switch and women's is a volume knob. Men are highly visual so we know we'd fuck a woman within seconds of seeing her. Women are highly emotional, so even if a man isn't that great looking, he can trigger emotional responses in women that turn their attraction knob up and they can fuck or make a girl fall in love with them just because the girl is so into the emotions the man makes her feel. Mariah Carey wrote a whole song about it.

Chad can turn a girls volume knob all the way up upon her seeing him. But if he doesn't make her feel those emotions, the volume knob will slowly go back down. Some ugly dude will start the volume knob at 0, but if he gets those emotions going, he can fuck her.

Women are so emotional that they don't care what emotion you make them feel. Have you ever seen that girl that talks so much shit about a guy, how much she hates him, but she ends up fucking him? It's because hate is an emotion. If a girl gets angry as fuck when she's dealing with you, it'll be easier to fuck her than it would be if she were completely apathetic toward you.

Picking up girls is legit just a numbers game.

No, retard. It can't be a scam if youre not spending a dime. There are a ton of articles and YouTube videos that teach you this shit free of charge. I'm not talking about any community or cult, I'm talking about literally reading shit. I built my confidence off of reading articles by a guy and putting what he said into practice. You don't have to sign up for anything, join anything, buy anything, just read it. If you don't like it, leave it alone. If you do, take what you've learned and apply it to life. Why are you so angry user? Is what I'm saying offensive to you?

I dont think the depressing nature is a direct result of the game failing, but is a piece in a much larger picture. Those males were probably still in high school or university, probably even had a vague sense of purpose, hope, and community. Once those building blocks were disproven, the mood began to sink.

>f-fuck off r-retard
>n-no I'm not angry YOURE angry
You were doing so well. You should have kept attacking my arguments instead of going for the easy ad hominem. Take what you've learned here and apply it to life. Continuing this dialogue is pointless. Get your last (you) in. The nonexistence and continued nonexistence of any sizable PUA forum (in the dictionary sense of the word) be proof of the invalidity of your stance.

>established framework for communication
if I wasnt afraid of that link, thatd be very interesting

The Rational Male is still a very solid read though

I find this sort of stuff very interesting, not trying to pick up girls, but things that delve into the origins and future of gender dynamics. The Manipulated Man is also a great read

??? you just went full retard with this post, and I'm not even the guy you were arguing with...

>"I found websites and YouTube channels full of free, valuable information and it made my life better"
>I-I-IT'S A SCAM! ITS A CULT!
I never denied that I was upset. I just have a reason to be a little annoyed. You, on the other hand, you're trying to dissuade robots from accessing information that could potentially make their lives better. Is it so hard to believe that I empathize with some of the people here? I'm telling them that there's a fuckton of free information out there that they could use to take the proper steps in the direction they want to go in and you're hellbent on saying that it's evil. You sound like either someone from PUAhate/Sluthate/Lookism or a writer for Jezebel
>instead of going for the easy ad hominem
This whole website is based on ad hominem

Attached: 03B5C26B-F3CA-47FE-9176-4D853EEBA1BE.png (500x500, 504K)

>ancientshiggy.jpg
this is one meme that aged surprisingly well

I'm 6'2 and 300lbs and I fuck dimes
I mean I'm fat but I wear it well
And I have cool tattoos

Grown mens is talking little whorephan annie you need to shut the fuck up now.
>This whole website is based on ad hominem
First sensible thing you've written in this thread. Alright salesman keep peddling your wares. If they bite, they bite. Me, I think any robots here would be better served with this reading list than anything PUA has to offer.

Attached: 1510975767368.jpg (1235x2049, 699K)

I read that book,
I guess it had a few good things to it.
Basically, for me I moved to escorts,
It's so much more honest,
I dont want the male version of feminism, I dont want to join some faggy sexless cult,
Finding women willing to pawn their vagina for your enjoyment is the best option for those less fortunate.

Youre calling me a salesman when I have nothing to sell. And if "No More Mr Nice Guy" isn't on your reading list, then it's probably not that helpful to any robots.

>Youre calling me a salesman when I have nothing to sell
Well, on that we agree.
>No More Mr Nice Guy: A Proven Plan for Getting What You Want in Love, Sex, and Life
>Originally published as an e-book that became a controversial media phenomenon, No More Mr. Nice Guy! landed its author, a certified marriage and family therapist, on The O'Reilly Factor and the Rush Limbaugh radio show
My sides. You absolute madman I needed those.

>this one thing I read means the book is bad!
>read Confessions of a Mask instead!
>a story about a literal faggot in Japan will help you more than that book!

Be honest my guy did you actually read it or did you skim its Wikipedia article for the gist of the plot. We're doing good work here, you know. Anything that keeps a thread that's not camthot general #212341/traps are ghey NO THEYRE NOT/stale recycled racebait take 7992 alive and out of the catalog is a win for r9k

Models is a better book, actually has some good advice for life outside of dating

I did the same as you, just looked up the plot. I don't see how the life of a gay Japanese guy will help robots anymore than a book about how to stop being a doormat and letting people take advantage of you.

Learning Game would get even the incelliest of incels pussy back in the 2000s. Now pretty much every horny guy knows PUA basics and all women are immune to it. I blame that on the current state of the horrible dating environment.