Job Hunting thread

Any luck, robots? Share your stories.

Attached: 1534828781975.jpg (1000x800, 149K)

Send my unexperience non-degree resumee for an Spanish teaching job. They didn't reply so far

dropped out of uni and moved to my moms in November. searching loosely since then and very hard since 2 weeks. i have a interview on thursday. wish me luck

>send application
>no response
Exciting

>got accounting degree
>didn't intern
>entry level jobs want 1+ years experience
>wtf happened to on the job training
>apply for gov jobs
>eventually get job at usps
>decent money but slave work
>applied to Custom and Borders Protection too but failed polygraph..
Applied for the IRS too, waiting to hear back
. Probably going to try for Postal Inspector next, since they require a 4 year degree and pay more, but once again I'll probably fail the polygraph test.
I'm too much of a degenerate at this point, and those things are surprisingly hard to cheat and fake through..

Why job-hunt when there are a million other ways of making money? If you have an enterpreneurial spirit, you can live off of dropshipping, or even just selling shit you find at clearance sales on Amazon. There's also reselling of used batteries. You can buy used laptop batteries for dirt cheap, remove the cells and sell them at a decent profit.
If that's not the way you roll and you're more of the wageslave type, just start driving for Uber, delivering food for UberEats, Postmates, or whatever. There are tons of these 0-hour contract companies who will let literally anyone work for them these days.

>had a job interview for a position at a call centre
>basically the lowest of the low and will hire anyone who can speak english
>interview is actually going quite well and it seems I might be hired
>they ask me to explain the gap in my employment
>panic badly
>no idea what to tell them
>realise i made a couple of jokes they liked so i will be funny
>stand up out of my chair
>"WELL... I HAVE SPENT MY ENTIRE ADULT LIFE CALLING EVERY CALL CENTRE WITHIN 400 MILES OF MY HOME. I HAVE HAD MULTIPLE DISCUSSIONS WITH EACH IN WHICH I HAVE WRITTEN DOWN THE RESULTS. I DID NOT WANT TO LAUNCH MY CALL CENTRE CAREER UNTIL I HAD SETTLED ON THE GREATEST CALL CENTRE IN THE LAND. AND WHEN I RANG HERE? I WAS GIVEN THE BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ALL TIME. I HAVE RACKED UP OVER 70,000 POUNDS IN PHONE BILLS. BUT ITS WORTH IT BECAUSE I WILL MAKE 100K A YEAR HERE I AM SURE. THAT EXPLAINS IT'
>sit down
>they stare at me open mouthced
>don't get the job

Attached: melting.png (1000x1000, 376K)

>0-hour contract
Excellent reason to not get a job

Wouldn't be easier to just kys at this point? Don't worry I'm in the same situation

you gotta be kidding omg

I think it's great. I deliver food and I can work whenever I want. And since I live in a decently large city, there will always, always be orders to deliver.

>family friend gives me email of a dept supervisor and tells me she's expecting my resume
>send it over
>never hear back from them again

I just give the old "my parents were sick and I had to help take care of them" line
it's clearly bullshit and they know it

Attached: 1505295411011.jpg (229x249, 8K)

>Call places that I have applied online
>One place tells me that a manager will be in later that day and to call back later
>Go to that place and wait
>Ask every hour or so to see if the manager is there
>Place closes with him not showing up
I plan to go back tomorrow. I have nothing else to do and I need a job

That mug triggers me so hart and the picture even more.
My ex boss had that shit and she was so fucking passive aggressive, I was so close to punching her.

Attached: 1548005353974.gif (656x368, 1.64M)

are the mugs clear? cause that shit makes no sense otherwise

It's weird cause I just had a job interview 30 minutes ago like all of them it was akaward and what I hate most about it is all the bullshit questions "why should I hire you instead of someone else?" I Don't fucking know it's a supermarket deli position how are any of the applicants different at all?

Good luck I was in your exact same position 2 years ago and now I'm doing alright.

No they are not clear. That is the fucking problem.
>"You see what stands on the mug?"
Same shit with "worlds best mum" or "Do not disturb"

Attached: 498974989.jpg (200x253, 9K)

>why do you want to work here
>tell us how excited this position would make you
this one always gets me

it would be easier in fact. i unironically wanted to kill myself during and had a rope sitring in my amazon shopping cart ready to be bought.
i will give Uni a second chance and attend this april. i need to get my life in order mate.

Exactly I always answer because I'm hard working or I come here all the time or some shit I don't know it seems robotic and useless I really wanna know how supermarkets and resteruants decide who to hire.

>be employed as web dev 4.5 years [econ degree]
>dad says my job and pay ($18/hr) is terrible, i should quit and move with them "as long as you need" until i can find a "better job" with "better pay"
>quit job (25yo) move in with them (first time since age 18), finally happy for once, misery is gone
>9 months later, nobody wants to hire me at all
>dad gets mad, think it's my fault, thinks i'm not trying enough
>starts whining that i should get some shitty mcjob, getting paid half as much as my old job

wtf?

Attached: trusted-a-boomer.jpg (618x685, 101K)

>you can live off of dropshipping

quick rundown?

Can you elaborate on tge polygraph? Anyone here have any tips for passing a security clearance? All the rich people here are on govt cheese.

Why would you waste your time working some nigger-tier job when you could be working towards a career
Do you really want to be the 65 year old guy doing Uebers who eventually gets shot in the ghetto in a botched robbery

>working towards a career
please be specific as to how a person can do that if they are poor and can't go back to university [but already graduated with a business degree]

Got a rejection email for one I applied for weeks ago today, also got rejection about data entry. Boomers have now right to complain about us not having jobs if they're all demanding years of experience for entry level shit.

idk how to feel about the wageslave shit since i've done nothing but my creative work. I just kinda go without eating when I gotta, things are shaky

Trying to find a better paying commercial plumbing job. Shits hard, but I cannot keep working for 12 an hour

I live off NEETbux and fuck sissies on Grindr for drugs and booze

>for 12 an hour
>tfw never made more than 10/hour

Attached: 1505393198609.jpg (787x668, 36K)

got hired at a call centre
so long losers

Attached: cool pepe.jpg (1000x1000, 123K)

You can make $13 at UPS.
They demand everything though.

Some of my friends work there. They all hate it. Also why leave a career field for what is essentially a part time job? Unless I could get in their maintenance department.

cool that we can have threads like this where we just talk about something with no dumb shit
hope r9k never goes full /b/

12 an hour is egregiously low for a tradesman, even for one who's only been in the field for 2 years.

Well if you become a driver you could eventually top out at over $30 an hour. They also have excellent benefits and some of the best health insurance in the country.
I'm here just for the tuition assistance while I'm in college but it's certainly something worth looking at if you feel you're being underpaid or your current line of work isn't going anywhere. It definitely sucks though.

Something I should look into I reckon. I've already got great health insurance thanks to the national guard but it never hurts to double dip. Thanks for the info user!

Have you considered working in banking?

sure. what kind of job could i get in banking with only web dev work experience?

Well lads I finally got a job today after 5 months of applications. Saw an ad on craigslist yesterday and went in for the firm handshake today. Hired me on the spot. Maybe it was because the guy who owns the company is a fellow boomer but I can't believe it actually worked. Fuck all these big chain companies with their online application pools

Just done 6 months as a dev, I was certain they would keep me so I did mad hours and spent a lot of time and effort into my job.

They ended up not keeping me.

I have 1 week left in this shit job what should i do

I just finished a masters in the shit field of bio.

Been waiting to hear back from this cool biotech company. I feel like I have a shot but I dunno.

HR said they "want" me but the interview was a few weeks ago. The delay time was said to be used to finish other interviews for positions higher up. The HR lady was super friendly though so I feel like I can trust her.

Its just depressing to be stuck in this flux...

pop some swastikas in the game, idk man

You realize that most financial institutions have IT depts right?

I'm still waiting for a call back after my background check. How long does it take after you get the job offer for your background check to clear and get a call back?

basically none of my work experience is going to be relevant, unfortunately. i have applied to every single job i found that i could even fit into 1/2 of the requirements

what job would i search for that a bank would give me?

>I have 1 week left in this shit job what should i do

Attached: cho.jpg (580x350, 89K)

Youre a fucking idiot. A polygraph really isnt a lie detector. Learn its function and how they read it and whats being read.
Source. Cia

Programmer, web developer, ux, graphic design, business analysis. I'm sure there are more. But maybe try fine tuning your resume to what you're applying to.

last time I hunted for a job I was 16. Nowadays I just get messages on LinkedIn daily but I'm too lazy to move to a different country just for an extra 3k.

>got accounting degree
>didn't intern
>entry level jobs want 1+ years experience
You must be doing something wrong, are you a member of any accounting bodies like AAT/ACCA/CIMA? There are hundreds of accounting positions in some cities it's one of the easiest jobs to get once you do anything above GCSE/foundation diploma level accounting

>fine tuning your resume to what you're applying to
so, basically, lying? yeah

i've already given my info to SIX temp agencies. literally fucking nothing

my degree is super non-specific, and my work experience is ridiculously specific to the point that there simply aren't any jobs for this. it's dumb. i mean it doesn't bother me that i'm a NEET, i just have to listen to my dad every day be bitchy at me for taking his horrendous advice:

Talent and intellect are not distributed evenly.

Had a really stressful job last year and spent all of last summer job searching (while still working). It was awful. Ended up getting a new job in September, but now I can't stand it. I want to get a new job, but I can't deal with job hunting. It's the worst. I'll just end up being forced to settle for something not very good. This system is absolute shit.

I got an electrical engineering degree at 29, and now at 34 I am already burnt out. It isn't what I thought. I hate my job so much I can't sleep at night, so I am leaving at the end of next week and moving home. My resume is trashed, so I don't know what to do next.

I'll have about $5k saved up, after paying off my credit card and doing the move, and minimal financial obligations. Thinking about getting a project car or something to tinker with, at least then I feel like I would be using my degree since I graduated.

Attached: 1512516870746.jpg (500x509, 66K)

What were you working as? How were you only able to save up 5k? I thought EE was a top tier degree for ez money.

Recently did a job working with engineering software, though I also worked as a systems engineer before now. Most of my costs have been related to medical expenses, moving cross-country for work, helping out my family, and paying student loans. Other than that, I've honestly just gotten lazy about budgeting in the past couple of years.

>saving 1k a year on average
what the fuck is wrong with you?

After 10 months of being unemployed I finally got called to my first interview, whick will take place on thursday. I don't have particularly high hopes, considering it's my first job interview ever, but who knows?

>got accounting degree
>did VITA as an "internship"
>lucked into a shitty contract job in AP
>discovered it's a dead end and doing a bunch of contract jobs made me look like a job hopper
>no legitimate company wants me now
What do?
>polygraph
a company made me take a piss test once and I felt insulted. I'd probably spit on someone who wanted me to take a polygraph. Unless they paid really well.
I don't think I could pass any in depth background shit. I'm probably defaulted on federal student loans, was more or less homeless for two years, and have sketchy unreported income. Also have a bunch of unpaid bills and credit is in the garbage, no good references, and some other shady looking shit. Never been arrested though, that's something.
>are you a member of any accounting bodies like AAT/ACCA/CIMA
What are those and do they care if you aren't cpa? Are they free? Do they actually guarantee you'll get a non-slave-pay job?

You're honestly trash at looking for a job. I don't even have an accounting degree and I do the banking and payroll for Toyota. Not to mention that after all the job experience, I'm far better than people with degrees. I guarantee your resumes and cover letters are trash. Every single place that offered me an interview offered me a job too.

Attached: 1552528779283.png (700x700, 615K)

I recently got a job. Im getting paid 15euros an hour and all i do is making telephonecalls from home. I basicaly get people from foundations and industries to call in for a free guidance in terms of healthcare and shit, but the organisation sounds so scammy that i always get rude answers.Im thinking about to quit because i hate it to have 20 second monolouges just to get laughed at/get angry responses.
Most of the time when i should be working i just call some telephone chatroulette so my telephone is used and boss does not find out that im doing nothing.

What is pic related?
Original

Good for you? I can get jobs, I just can't get good jobs.

>I just can't get good jobs
So what was the point of getting an accounting degree when people like me can get great accounting jobs without degrees while you wither? Sort yourself out big boy.

Graduated last fall. Been looking since but not much. The fact I graduated a khhv was way worse than getting the shitty meme degree. I've fixed the khhv issue since but still have no job but it's no big deal because I kinda enjoy being a comfy neet and I have a lot of money from when I used to work.

Oh god, you're right, my eighteen year old self was sure a naive dummyhead. If only I'd gotten rejected from university like you had, oh my life would just be so much better.

Seriously why do people go to university for something like accounting? You could literally train a chimpanzee for 4 years and he would be able to do the same quality work as most college grads. Plus he would do it for less pay.

>Oh god, you're right, my eighteen year old self was sure a naive dummyhead
Yes, don't borrow a bunch of money without a plan and then blame it on naivety.
>If only I'd gotten rejected from university like you had, oh my life would just be so much better.
Huh? I never got rejected.

> work in IT
> paid almost nothing
> ask for a raise after 2 years of breaking my back for them, literally the best employee they have acording to manager
> they congratulate me for the good job and offer me a 3% raise

...I cant do it anymore bros.
I want to stay in my room, cry til I die and rot away.

Wageslaving is not made for robots. Fixing problems and developing shit for normies while being a social pariah with nothing to live for, not even money to just destroy my brain with escapism...this is not good for the soul.

I should just kym at 18, biggest mistake of my life was not pulling that trigger.

What kind of job requires background check?

How do you have an accounting job without accounting degree?

It's possible but thing is you can never advance past 20/hour. all the higher jobs require a degree. becoming a cpa also requires a degree. *shrug* but I'm the dumb one for going to college...

Got my dream internship for this summer. Last year, sent over 100 apps and nothing. My suggestion is to take advantage of your existing strengths. I'm a good student and my professors all know me, so when it came time to apply for internships I asked them for suggestions & they helped me. Networking sucks, but asking for advice and help from people you already know & like is less painful.

Because there's nothing someone with a degree can do that I can't and all 20 of my references attest to that. That and I keep all the things I engineered from old workplaces to show to employers who are very impressed.

If I can't advance past 20 an hour, why did I turn down a 25/hr job? Keep coping with
>muh degree
You're still a retard who can't pay back his loan. I'm still doing Toyota's banking and payroll. LMAO

Attached: im talking to a retard.jpg (1252x540, 105K)

I had an interview about 3 weeks ago in a tax office, haven't heard anything back yet

Basically, acca etc are accounting bodies and their qualifications are ranked significantly higher than bachelor's education. Acca is global(except for the US). The equivalent is CPA there.

>works in tech
>not job hopping like crazy every year or two

Good goy

>was offered an interview at a satellite/cable install company
>half an hour drive away from where I live
>get there and it's not an interview, instead it's an open house
>1 guy has a past felony they didn't ask him in advance so when he brings it up he is asked to leave
>have to fill out consent form
>"are you willing to work from 8am to 9pm on some days AND at least 1 weekend day per week?"
>got my coat and walked out before the speaker even got through his little introduction

There was a fucking reason that job has been posted every single time I have gone job hunting. In the mean time I've been studying for an insurance exam. 90% sure I'm gonna have to retake it due to the way shit will be worded and have to spend another 2 weeks just going balls to the walls. That is unless this pest control job I talked with over the phone last week gives me a call for a second interview. I shoulda stuck with my old 1 but was naive in thinking that other places would be half as decent as they are. Pretty much banking on this insurance place

I'm scared shitless man, i'm 18 and trying to get into I.T cause I have nothing else too go for and i'm not that bright, fuck me I don't know what to do.

Been awhile since I've seen Fresco...

How do you make $18/hour as a web dev? My starting salary was $105k/year and now I make $180k/year writing javascript.