Teachers are overpaid

The average teacher salary in the U.S.A is $58,000 a year

They make almost 60,000 average and work only 3/4ths of the year, get to writeoff ANY "education" expense on their taxes. And half of the time they are glorified babysitters.

YET teachers brainwash their students into believing they don't make anything! It's fucking pathetic.

Attached: Screenshot_20190320-182508_Google.jpg (1043x932, 356K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thebalancecareers.com/average-teacher-salary-by-state-how-much-educators-earn-in-the-us-4175464
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

by the way they talk you'd think they're making burger flipper money. education majors were the dumbest in the whole university, even below arthoes. and this shit. fuck them. i should have become a teacher man, i just want to read literature with a bunch of shitty angsty phone addict teenagers so that one loner in the back looks at me with admiration and says i changed his life.

there's a likelier chance you get put into an urban school district trying to babysit hormonal niglets chimping out and stabbing eachother

My community college physics professor made like 35k a year. I can only assume the high salary is due to private schools for rich kids.

lol it's actually horrible work work and you'd kill yourself without minutes if you tried to do it.

>no I wouldn't because blah blah blah

Yes you would. Imagine being in highschool, but it's forever, the bullying is 1000x worse and comes from both students and teachers. You can't stick up for yourself. You're constantly surrounded by sick and violent, screeching kids. etc etc

> I can only assume the high salary is due to private schools for rich kids.

This. I went to a private high school and all the teachers made 6-figure salaries because the school had to match what they'd be making teaching at a university or actually working in their respective fields.

It also varies hugely by state and community - in Montana, teachers start at $30,036 whereas in Washington DC they make $51,359. If you seriously think the people responsible for help determining your entire direction in life should be unpaid interns, I look forward to the rest of your innovative political platform.

Teachers work 12-14 hour days, usually 6 or 7 days a week. They also work during the summer, it's not like they are at home doing nothing until the day school starts.
OP is underaged.

Attached: 1521913021530.png (935x717, 1011K)

Public schools are full of shitty teachers so most of the time they're paid just to either treat us like shit and get away with it or just give us half assed lessons. Very few actually deserve good pay.

No. Consider how much you may dislike and whine about other students, and now put yourself in the position where you are responsible for them and are required to teach them to obtain a passing grade so the school you work for continues to get funding.
You're a fucking retard, OP.

And imagine that half your class or more are arrogant human trash. You have to be either Chad/Stacy, thus respected and admired, or the pathetic comb-over teacher no one listens to and get walked on. Can't give discipline because they're all special brats, bad grades are discouraged because districts want EVERYONE to graduate to make money, the threat of school shootings, lesson plans that change every year or 2 because of shifting fag standards.

I'm not even a teacher but I have family members that are and it's miserable shit. One person has tenure or whatever and can't get fired but still sucks up to administrators and won't just teach what kids should learn, instead of fag shit. They know the curriculum is shit, but they can't let go and just do what's best because of years of administrators breathing down their necks. They're molded by the stress and their obedience is routine at this point. Her students won't learn shit, even if they wanted to, because of this.

60k for a bachelors degree is dog shit bro.

I make 40k a year with no education.

Teachers not only educate your kids, they also babysit them 7 hours a day like you mentioned before, they act as therapists to the students, they act as security guards and break up fights between students, they may be coaches or instructors for your kids extracurricular activities, they contact the proper authorities when there's an issue with a child, whether the child is being abused at home or has no home at all. They'll even fuck your kid sometimes to help them get rid of some of that standardized test stress. Teachers deserve way more than they get.

>get to writeoff ANY "education" expense on their taxes.
they changed that tho, and they should get to if you aren't going to pay for supplies for your kids.

OP's screenshot says public school teachers

Attached: 187F0E5E-1FDC-4836-AFD5-8AEACAE27062.png (1136x640, 848K)

I forgot about that. Teachers also pay for school supplies.

based
teachers are left wing propaganda brainwashing servants of the zog education system

Teachers only work 9 months a year, which works out to a lot less hours on the job than people working any other fulltime, non-seasonal job. My friend and his wife are both teachers, my friend just fucks around all summer long while his wife teaches summer school but she is also paid extra to do that. They aren't working 12 hour days, but they would have to in order to work as many hours over the year as a worker at any other fulltime job. They're guaranteed to be off at least a week for most major holidays. New Years, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Christmas - at most jobs you have to compete with your coworkers to get time off around those holidays because it's rationed since places that aren't schools can't just shut down for weeks or months at a time.

Teachers are more than fairly compensated for the hours they work and how much time they get off, especially for holidays. Fuck teachers that strike to get more money, they knew what to expect when they were hired and if they wanted a six figure income they chose the wrong field. If they don't like it they can get a job in the real world, but if they could do that they wouldn't be teachers in the first place.

>Teachers are more than fairly compensated for the hours they work and how much time they get off, especially for holidays. Fuck teachers that strike to get more money, they knew what to expect when they were hired and if they wanted a six figure income they chose the wrong field. If they don't like it they can get a job in the real world, but if they could do that they wouldn't be teachers in the first place.

I make $150k/year, only work three days a week, and have unlimited vacation time. Why aren't you outraged about software engineers?

Software engineers aren't paid with taxes and aren't part of unions that push lgtbullshit to children.

Because my taxes don't pay your salary so I have no say in what you should earn. You also don't have a union that will hold a knife to the taxpayer's throat whenever you want more money. If private sector employees overstep and ask for too much your company goes out of business or lays you off once they can no longer afford you. If public sector employees do the same thing the taxpayer is on the hook. Look at Chicago for an example of what happens when politicians and teachers jerk each other off for decades and who ends up paying for it.

Teachers absolutely work 10-14 hour days during the school year. Checking homework alone is a massive chore. Not to mention all the other class planning bullshit that you end up doing. If they're lucky they can get premade homework (especially math teachers) but that's still not a given.
If you worked arduous hours 10 months out of the year I'd guess you'd probably just look for another job.

People complain about teachers but should look at administrators. All they do is horse-whip quota pushing, diversity pushing, enforcement of the sorry state of "discipline". They stack way too many counselors and vice principals getting paid 1.5x what teachers get or more for no real benefit to the "customer", the student. You could cut admin down to a principal, one vice, two counselors who actually do their fucking job with scheduling, and spend the $400k you saved on, I don't know, autoshop teachers, useful programming classes, more school psychologists, who the fuck knows. Maybe more books or tablets or laptops for students. My mom's school district of 100k students doesn't have more than one class set of a single book to read in a YEAR and she's an English teacher in a public high school.

Nah, being a teacher (not counting university) is one of the worst jobs ever and its still underpaid for the brain cells it kills.
You have to always find new and imaginative ways to catch the kids short attention span for more than 1 hour. You cant show any sight of weakness or insecurity because the moment the kids notice it they will dig it in and lose all respect for you. Have to keep an eye on everyone out for all the small things the kids say and do to catch any sort of bullying that may happens and approach it in a way that doesnt screw the bullied kids insecurities or make him more hated. And overall dealing with 30 kids being kids, doing dumb shit.
All of this plus the need to correct tests/exams and plan classes ahead of time makes this a shit job for the low amounts of money they normally recieve. Counting just work hours into it is not enough to declare how much you get paid for. Stop being such an ignorant bastard.

Attached: 1534713438448.jpg (480x380, 14K)

What kind of software eng are you and where? Help me get a job pls, I'm tired of being a drafter.

>Software engineers aren't paid with taxes and aren't part of unions that push lgtbullshit to children.

That wasn't your point in the post I responded to you. You said teachers were unfairly compensated for the amount of hours they put in. I pointed out that I put even less hours in, make three times as much, and have a lot less responsibility to boot, and you seem to think that's perfectly fair for some reason.

If anything, my employer profits from the direct destruction of society, and, again, you don't give a shit. We also get great tax breaks because we can afford to hire lobbyists, but you're more scared of unions lol.

ya but imagine getting stuck with a class of niggers for $58k holy shit you couldn't pay me 300k to deal with that daily

Attached: neanderthal.jpg (573x540, 33K)

>muh 10 hour days
>half the day is spent playing a Bill Nye video
>other half is passing out and collecting a worksheet for the Bill Nye video
Way more stressful than my job where nobody notices if you do it right but a fuck up loses the company millions of dollars and gets you extremely pissed off phone calls from rich asshole managers who are regularly giving business advice on MSNBC, CNN, Fox Business etc

Agreed, (((administrators))) are a huge problem. Every state needs to pass a law limiting how many can be hired at each school. Either 1 for every 10 fulltime teachers or 6 total, whichever is bigger.

Teachers and professors are massive pieces of shit and deserve to be shit on at every opportunity.

Attached: 1553049358934.png (555x644, 553K)

Public schooling teachers are paid more than private school teachers. They're unionized. No teacher makes 35k, man was lying.

You're knowlingly resorting to unrealistic simplifications in order to "prove" your argument. Come on user.
If you think your job is stressful, imaging knowing one small mathematical error could cause the deaths of tens of thousands or even millions of people, losses of hundreds of millions to even billions of dollars, and having various three letter safety agencies trying to get you put behind bars if you mess up. You don't know what stress is.

Attached: 1552692789255.png (319x448, 154K)

You're responding to someone other than the OP. That being said, Teachers are fairly compensated for the hours they put in, given their job. There are many teachers, few software engineers. Furthermore, government education is not a product producing business, while your job (presumably) is. Your business sectors are rather incomparable, honestly.

I wish i could get paid to be an over glorified babysitter

Imbecile without a clue what the job entails despite people telling him otherwise - the thread!

I can't really refute or support what you do without knowing your employer and not just your job title, but if I'm not the one paying your salary I don't really give a shit how much you are paid or how many benefits you get or what you do. It's not about being jealous of others, it's about stopping people from emptying the trough of taxpayer money and forcing the rest of us to pay more to make up for it.

I don't care about tax breaks. Our government has a spending problem, not a revenue problem. When they get more money it just encourages them to spend more. If they ever exercised fiscal restraint I might be in favor of them getting more money, but most of the money they get is wasted anyways so I'd rather keep as much of it as possible in private hands. The government could take every single dollar earned in America this year by individuals and corporations and we would still owe trillions on the debt. As for lobbying, that's a failure on Congress' part to allow it. Any company/industry that participates is playing by the rules made by the government. Our elected officials are at fault for allowing lobbying to exist.

Difference is I'm not pointing to people in more stressful jobs with more serious ramifications like doctors and pilots and hedge fund managers and using their larger paychecks as an example of why I deserve more money. I'm happy with what I earn and if I wasn't I would do something else or work somewhere else.

>any dumbass can be paid 60k to do jack shit but I personally am above such a deal because I hate black ppl
the memes were right. Jow Forums is fucked

>not getting paid to do jack shit for half the year for 75k
o im laffin
also, gas the kikes

Elementary school teachers in NY state make an average salary of $80k.

thebalancecareers.com/average-teacher-salary-by-state-how-much-educators-earn-in-the-us-4175464

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 94K)

Meanwhile even a Jew can make 6 figures by 30. So much for white superiority.

New York City has to be throwing off the average. It would be interesting to see what non-NYC teachers make compared to NYC teachers.

look at this normie and his humble brag

Pretty much every district in the country is always hiring if you think it's such a sweet deal. Nut up or shut up

>They make almost 60,000 average and work only 3/4ths of the year,
60k means you're probably tenured in a good school district.
also, teachers work 14+ hour days during the school year. their hourly pay is shit.

My mom is a teacher and she makes 89k a year, a lot of her older coworkers make 110k because contracts used to be insane. And yes she says that she is just a high price babysitter.

>they act as therapists to the students
They couldnt give a fuck

as a community college lecturer, they might make less (though I make ~50k) but you don't need a teachers degree or diploma or anything, depending on what you teach. you do need it for public highschools though as far as i know. also you work way less hours as a college lecturer (mostly because you're not researching since it isn't a university)

depends on the area but in california in many places community colleges prof's cap out around 100k

true, they whine to their students too, i remeber from when i was in highschool. ridiculous especially considering they make over 80k/year in canada base salary

>push lgbullshit on children

no user, youre thinking of the liberal arts college professors!