It's Tuesday again, post your art and WIPs

It's Tuesday again, post your art and WIPs

Attached: IMG_20190220_022347.jpg (246x246, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Keep the thread up for two hours please

Oh yeah there's a small art server I have, invite code is FmnaK26

have a bump OP hope your thread takes off soon

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x1052, 34K)

Commission WIP, rendering is hell.

Attached: unknown (10).png (824x680, 418K)

i don't even feel sad anymore i'm just so tired

Attached: 20190320_194019.jpg (2048x1536, 889K)

Tribute to my boy Terry.

Attached: terryadavis.png (1200x675, 44K)

Wish I had any, haven't drawn besides the little doodles in forever

Attached: requests.png (1382x694, 148K)

i'm trying to get into doing commissions. just out of curiosity, what do you charge people and what platforms do you use to post your stuff / get requests? how frequently do people come to you with requests?

your drawing looks very nice so far as well

I charge per character starting at $55 per char, going up if the piece is rendered like the thing I posted earlier, or down if it's a simple sketch. I post on twitter where I have a little over 1k followers but I started out just drawing in /vg/ generals for fun. People come to me for commissions all the time, I actually have several on that are on hold until I finish my current batch of commissions.

Attached: risky.png (2165x1937, 1.3M)

thank you for the info. i've posted some shit around in a few places but never under any consistent name and have had several people ask me about commissions. i've always been really nervous about charging money and having an obligation to create something they like, so i've never actually taken anybody up on their offers. trying to get over my fear by seeing how other people do it

If people are talking about commissioning you, they have money to burn and you should take them up on it. If you're worried about being overloaded, simply have "slots" and don't take anymore than what your slots allow, i.e 5 slots, 5 comms.
I've been doing this for like 2 years now and one thing I've learned is that unless your commissioner is a super autist, people are generally fine with whatever you give them as long as you follow the most basic instructions, you can also send them a WIP so they can tell you to make alterations when needed.
>> i've always been really nervous about charging money
You should stop feeling like this, drawing is work, we do it for fun but making commission art is an extremely valuable skill that takes at least a decade to even get moderately okay at. Literally everyone wishes they could draw at some point, and those that can't throw money at those that do.
Becoming a commission artist should only be done if you really want to do it though, since when you really get into it you won't have time for personal work (or very little time) but it can be a really nice business to get into as well since repeat commissioners are often wealthy and patient. You should at least take 2 or 3 comms and see if it's something you can do consistently.

One thing I forget to mention is that you don't even need to be that good at art to get commissions (this is mostly for anyone lurking). People have weird taste and will overlook flaws as long as part of the art is appealing to them, I find Shadman's art detestable but he's successful because he appeals to the audience of edgy idiots, I think Fuuppo's art is also really bad but he delves in a lot of niche fetishes like beastiality, loli, giantess, ect, so he has a big and active fanbase too. I think MY art isn't very good at all but because I appeal to a niche that likes cute faces and bright colors, even I can get consistent work.
As long as you find your thing and stick with it you can almost always succeed thanks to the sheer number of people out there willing to throw money at you for drawings.

Thank you. Pichu > Pikachu

That's cute. How long does it take to render?

Same.

Doodles are just as good as detailed drawings

Wait I've seen this before, you post on aco?

I posted on /aco/ once, it was more than likely posted by the person who commissioned it.

Attached: Agent3clean.png (448x365, 129K)

Leaving again, be back in two hours. Join the server.

really appreciate the thoughtful response, i find this all very encouraging

Attached: squat.png (493x759, 734K)

Finished up dyeing these shoes, now trying to figure out how to remove the wax on the canvas.

Attached: 20190320_184443.jpg (2560x1440, 1.22M)

Here's the other side of the shoes
(this is an original comment plz)

Attached: 20190320_184500.jpg (2560x1440, 1.28M)

Im making a storyboard where OC is socially awkward. Suggestions welcome.

Attached: Screenshot_2019-03-21-10-00-26-469_com.google.android.apps.docs.png (1080x1920, 297K)

That's neat, how long did it take? Are they for you?

Give him a pet rock that he takes everywhere and make it important at some point

But I dont have a pet

Draw one for him

The lannisters send their regards originally

Attached: 20181224_123454-1.jpg (2659x1880, 685K)

vivi?
original

yyooou got it, hello

Vivi as in Vivian, best girl (male)?

Attached: Vivian.png (1893x2286, 378K)

Idk who that is desu

Come back :(

>Shadman
Can't hide it

No it's just a Pikachu, haha...

Alright I'm going to sleep, thanks for joining

It took me probably around 3 or 4 hours total to dye these shoes. And they're just for me.

How do I get into drawing and keep myself from dropping it in a couple of days anons?

draw one thing every day doesn't matter how simple and shitty it is

I always leave my tablet within arm's reach and have SAI open at all times so that the very instant I feel any motivation whatsoever I can open the window and start scribbling shit. More often than not, I'll get invested in whatever I'm doodling even if it starts out simple and then flesh it out into something half decent

discord
=|+|=|35|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 5.jpg (344x307, 35K)

discord
=|+|=|146|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 16.jpg (305x473, 54K)