30+ Thread

30+ Thread - 27+ Edition

Any oldfags still alive?

I need to ask you guys something: Got a new wageslave job in another supermarket for a minimally higher wage, but there's one thing I've noticed. Over the years as a supermarket wageslave I've noticed there's been a sort decline in the sort of people that work there. When I initially wageslaving in supermarkets, there was a varied bunch of people working there, young, old, students, career shelfstackers, from different places in the world and locally, etc. Over the years (at every supermarket I worked at) the types of employees rapidly started to boil down (mostly) to three types of employees: Miserable people who have nothing going for them (e.g. me), old-ass immigrants from 3rd world countries who have nothing going for them and morons who are too stupid to get anything better.

What happened? Where did everyone go? How come I'm stuck with people who are lowering my IQ?

Attached: 27+.jpg (628x363, 45K)

>high IQ
>Walmart wageslave
Pick one

Have you ever heard of the dunning-kruger effect OP?

>30 plus
>twenty-seven addiction
Lad use logic and just say twenty-seven. You could also just erase that twenty-seven and post 30 over it if you really want 30 year olds.

Twenty-nine by the way, have fun being a super smaht wagie.

I'm gonna be honest, I'm usually pretty positive and optimistic but if you're on this site (more so this board) past the age of 30, I'm not sure there's any hope for you. You should genuinely do all you can to limit your contact with this site for the sake of your mental health. late 20s is pushing it, 30 is like a point of no return.

Attached: 44028303_2223762711238238_3493301303625383936_n.jpg (480x480, 20K)

the standards for even the most low end of jobs in america have heavily increased.
>When I initially wageslaving in supermarkets, there was a varied bunch of people working there, young, old, students, career shelfstackers, from different places in the world and locally, etc. Over the years (at every supermarket I worked at) the types of employees rapidly started to boil down

t. normalfag with irl relationships who doesnt need to resort to Jow Forums for social interaction

Get out of the thread retard.

Zoomers have no business being here. They should stay on reddit worst case scenario.

No (You) has been earned from me newfaggot.

t. the twenty-niner

I'm not even asking for high IQ, I mean, I have a supervisor who doesn't even understand what daylight-savings is and tried to keep us in to an extra unpaid hour. A supervisor who was on some fad vegetarian diet who ate a meat pizza with large pepperoni slices despite being told that the pizza slice they took was called the meat feast and only realized the following day.

>the Dunning-Kruger effect is a cognitive bias in which people of low ability have illusory superiority and mistakenly assess their cognitive ability as greater than it is.
Not quite sure how that applies to me.

you aren't leaving this place either buddy. when i was in the my early 20s i used to laugh at all the older losers on here. now i am an old loser. you're probably chuckling thinking it won't happen to you. it will, you just don't realize you're already completely fucked.

I think that only applies to us boomers. Zoomers seem to lead much fuller lives than us.

no, they're just a more ADHD version of us at their age. all the retardation is still there buried under all the shitty youtube rap and twitch.

>normalfag
barely. I usually just frequent Jow Forums and /fa/ but I swing by here during my depression spells to make myself feel better and try to help some other user's break the cycle. There are plenty of ways to socially interact with people without this toxic site. Find a hobby, if you have one, find other people who enjoy that hobby. There's so many more things that you could be doing to occupy your time and further yourself than being on this kyrgyzstani goldfish breading forum.
I say this because I love you user, you don't have to be here.
You don't have to be this way.
Don't give up, see above.
>zoomer
t. early 20s friendo
we're not all the same. there's options for all of us. the opportunities are endless, you've just ground yourself into a rut but I promise you can get yourself out. You just have to distract yourself from the mind numbingness of this site. It's so easy to get lost here for hours on end to help pass the time but there are better options.

Attached: all.jpg (512x512, 29K)

>there's options for all of us
>he still posts on r9k
must be nice to have the luxury of deluding yourself

>not zoomer
>early 20s
Are you stupid?

>not a normalfag
When all the current popstars are all claiming to be autistic gamers who love anime, then "not being a normie" means fuck all.

no (You)
Not even going to post the number this time, you've lost the right to be addressed.

>early twenties
Fucking zoomer. Even twenty-nine is usually a newfag age, you're extremely newfaggot. I was fourteen when the site was made, you were probably not even old enough to understand what you would have seen if you were to even have happened across such edgy websites back then. Today's zoomers have too much access to cellphones to even be depressed enough to end up here. You're a normalfaggot. I'm twenty-nine and have never worked, and the OP is 30 and still a wage slave. By 30 if you don't make more than twenty USD per hour, then you're kidding yourself and worked for no reason all those years. You've been had at that point, but anyway, him aside, you're a fucking faggot and invaded the thread. You're in you early twenties and the point of the thread was to be rid of your normalfaggory. We hate newfaggots because they are normalfags, obviously, now leave.

>frequents /fa/
Be bait please.

>By 30 if you don't make more than twenty USD per hour, then you're kidding yourself and worked for no reason all those years. You've been had at that point

Sure but what happened to even students working at supermakets? We barely have even any students that work here.

Every conversation at work is the same conversation day in day out about how shit work is or what sports team is winning.

this site and board are okay in small doses, it was more so the fact that by your late twenties you definitely should've outgrown this site. You really run the risk of stunting your growth and potential permanently being on this site past the age of 30. It's very much a toxic echo chamber of validating why you're not being the best you that you can be.
are gen z in their 20s now? I'm technically a millennial.
>When all the current popstars are all claiming to be autistic gamers who love anime, then "not being a normie" means fuck all.
thats usually just capitalism being predatory and trying to capitalize on the downward trend of mental health among young adults and teens. But there are a lot of genuine people who grew up on anime and vidya and just happen to be famous. There's no use in gatekeeping things you enjoy to preserve some sense of "outsider identity". You could be connecting with these people irl.
I know it's typical robot/image board culture in general but the gatekeeping thing isn't healthy in the slightest. see above.
>I'm twenty-nine and have never worked, and the OP is 30 and still a wage slave.
why is that user? anything in particular that you feel is inhibiting you?

Attached: 11qa63kfo1.jpg (480x640, 122K)

>technically a millennial.
Everyone born after 91/92 is a zoomer and even that's pushing it.

>Gatekeeping is bad
Maybe for the zoomers but for the older outcasts there are no more places for us.

I've been working in the restaurant industry for about 15 years now. I hate it so much, but I feel like this is the only thing I am able to do in life. I've tried going to school, but I kept failing/dropping my classes and I also kept changing my major, so I just dropped out at the end.
I really can't be doing this shit anymore. I'm 31, but I feel like I am 50. My body is always sore and I've slowly been developing a drinking problem. All my coworkers are young teens/thots and failed chads. I feel like such an old faggot working with them. They're also really annoying. I feel like I'm back in high school because they keep telling me all about their BS high school drama, even though I tell them that I don't care. I want to be able to find something else to do, but I'm just not sure what's there for me.
I feel so lost in life. When ever I see someone I went to high school/ college outside, either just walk the other way or just make up a lie and tell them how great life is. Wonder if they can see the pain in my eyes.

Attached: Egor is sad.jpg (689x624, 48K)

Born in 90 and you're making me feel extra old bro.

Most 91 and 92ers look older than me.

>just make up a lie and tell them how great life is
Bad move. I just stopped taking the usual route to work to avoid bumping into people I know

>Every conversation at work is the same conversation day in day out about how shit work is or what sports team is winning.

>chatting with employees at work
kek

>you're making me feel extra old
2 things
1)we come from a very specific point in time with web 2.0 and 9/11. The new generation doesn't understand our humor and are just playing with the artifacts that survived.

2) You are and you aren't old. It's possible to start from scratch at this point. With a few tradeoffs.

>Everyone born after 91/92 is a zoomer and even that's pushing it.
arbitrary but okay
>Maybe for the zoomers but for the older outcasts there are no more places for us.
why do you feel you need to keep this outcast label? what does it do for you?
what do you like to do? or what would you like to do given the oppurtunity? Have you thought about a trade school or if that's too much try looking for apprenticeships in your area. Maybe even contact someone directly depending on what you want to do.

Attached: sgpLi3g.jpg (842x960, 199K)

>30
>been unemployed for 7 years
>on the bux for 3
>overweight
>friendless NEET

At least I'm not a virgin

Attached: 1387846785543.jpg (959x540, 155K)

after working for amazon at 15 an hour i dont think I could go back to wage slaving for 9 an hour.

>outcast label
Maybe I should use another word because somehow everyone these days is an "outcast" underdog ironic weeb gamer streamer soundcloud "loser".

>what do you like to do? or what would you like to do given the oppurtunity?

I tried to study marketing, then finance, then accounting, then IT help desk, and then web dev. I just ended up getting bored/overwhelmed in all those areas, so I just quit. I feel like I'm just too dumb to get a real job and work with normal adults.

Attached: 1427584158706.jpg (799x1080, 249K)

>just got a new job at an aerospace machining shop after 3 months of unemployed life
>making $600 more per month not counting that I get overtime pay now
>21/hr, more after my 2 week eval
>been killing it at the job, shipping/receiving
>get to lift metal all day and get active after 3 years of sitting on my ass at my last job
>will finally be able to pay down my debt and start saving

Attached: gorge.jpg (1024x768, 516K)

All my old friends are total bloomers with happy lives and great success and here I am crying about it on r9k like a the weak ass piece of shit I am.

Attached: eb7.png (500x376, 182K)

Perhaps it's generational but I'm 35, happily married for 12 years and have a very good life and never left here. I wonder if it's the fact I was 22(ish) when I found Jow Forums when "desu" and "it's a trap" were big things on /b/ so I wonder if it's using the social boards/media after becoming an adult dosn't have the same impact on one's mind as say a teenager.

>why never job user?
>what inhibits you?
Everything faggot.

I was done with internal motivation by the age of seventeen. Some mature too quickly, not that I was very intelligent, but the type of motivation that makes you want work, by age fifteen. Then you have to wait, and at such an age time moves slower. I had no Internet, no gf, no friends, and finally sixteen happened after what would feel like five years to an adult. Then I applied over a hundred times and got no job due to being too autismal to make a phone call to harass the employers, I assume that's why. By seventeen I was thus too bitter after my mental ten year wait to get a job, why would you care when you're used to it? It's the same reason prisoners never want to leave prison. They are incapable of change and time passes differently for each individual, and I was very bored and young indeed.

So I kept going to college though, until twenty-two, as I got checks for that. By then, I was very very far gone from the mentality of wanting to go wage slave for petty amounts of cash. By then you realize that you won't actually earn anything because you lose time to get the money, so what you buy is not yours because you are no longer your own master. I had so much time to sit down and think about the world that I became an extremem maverick, agnostic, chaotic neutral, INTP but with a relatively low IQ for being one, and raised to be lazy. Why drop out of colleg? I was too lazy to even do homework growing up, but passed anyway. I was created to be the embodiment of bitter laziness,hence my liking of this board. I found it, and stay here most of the da. If homeless I will shitpost all day at starbucks and other places on a cell phone. I will still have food, the Internet, things I went without when growing up. There is no reward to get a job. People that get jobs were more fortunate growing up so they are more thirsty for cash. I am not and was raised to be time consuming, not busy.

Attached: 1480739624222.jpg (713x531, 80K)

>A supervisor who was on some fad vegetarian diet who ate a meat pizza with large pepperoni slices despite being told that the pizza slice they took was called the meat feast and only realized the following day.

fucking kek, those blokes are retarded
did you live in a inbreed state user?

>Not quite sure how that applies to me.

Well, I would say you could amalgamate two of your groups into one:
>Miserable people who have nothing going for them (e.g. me)
>morons who are too stupid to get anything better

You seem to have placed some others in the 'morons' category and yourself in a more arbitrary but less disparaging position.

>26
>Trying to get a new job
>Applying for everything I can, spending all day writing cover letters, customising my resume, responding to selection criteria
>Nothing
>Read in the newspaper that some down syndrome dude has been given a job and earns enough to live by himself

My life sucks ass.

What's your work history?

I keep feeling like humans were never meant to live to old age and that killing yourself while young is the way better option. I mean, there's still a lot of other reasons I want to KMS but even if those reasons didn't exist, old age alone would still be enough to make me want to suicide. Being elderly sounds like Hell and I don't want to even reach my 30s.

Attached: 1546930725231.jpg (659x519, 327K)

I hate women. I'm so tired of being treated like shit by them for no reason, for my entire life. Only women much older than me treat me like a fellow human being. How can I not hate this entire half of the species? This isn't about "boo hoo they wont secks me". Women my own age have never given even basic human decency to me. I wish they would all just die.

The average woman receives insane amounts of attention and validation, and people make constant excuses for their horrible behavior. Social media and smartphones have inflated this to absolutely horrendous degrees that have never been seen before in human history. Just try to cut out women from your life as much as you can so that you have to interact with them as little as possible.

How much of a cunt does someone have to be to just ignore a coworker saying "hey" to them when passing in the hallway, multiple times? Meanwhile she is nice to literally everyone else.

How entitled must one be asking a random stranger to lift their ridiculously heavy suitcase up a flight of stairs and then calling them an asshole when they don't want to? I'm not risking injury for a complete stranger, I would never feel entitled to anyone's help and would never think less of strangers for not helping me, but this one felt entitled to my assistance just for passing by.

This is basically representative of every interaction I've had with a female of similar age, starting in my childhood. I honestly want them all to suffer.

Eh. I was fucked up long before I started browsing here and I don't feel like being here has had any particular negative impact on me. If anything it has made me feel slightly better knowing there are other people out there like me, knowing I'm not the only one. Being a properly isolated and dysfunctional human being leaves you feeling like you're the only one, the odd one out, whilst everyone else is functional and enjoying their lives. That is infact one of the worst aspects of it in my opinion. This place is my only form of social contact at all. I have no friends or anyone else to engage with and even if I did none of them could relate to my situation like the people here.

I like your honesty and straightforwardness user. Being in my mid 20's and scrambling to find wife material I can agree with your sentiments towards women. Wife material that won't end up in divorce is like finding hay in a needle stack. I take solace in small things now instead of worrying too much about women. The more attention I give them the worse they get.
You're interested in me? Fuck you get in line with the 2000+ other thirsty orbiters. They're terrible at making decisions for themselves to. Such is life in the kaliyuga I guess.

Not the user you were replying to but this is why I know I will forever be a single virgin. I have been offered dates and sex before, but I turned it all down because I wanted to find a cute virgin girl to wait for marriage with and stay committed to. However finding a virgin girl in her 20s is nearly impossible now thanks to the disgusting boomer generation and their disgusting "sexual revolution". Furthermore, even if you think you found "wife material", being married is a constant Damocles Sword hanging above you. Even if you get along well, even if your marriage seems happy, at any given point, for no reason at all, you can lose everything at her whim. I have seen this happen too, where a man is happily married for 20+ years and then his wife decides to just end it all anyway, and he loses everything.
It really is too bad, and the loneliness really gets to me at times, especially when I'm trying to sleep and I'm wishing I had a wife who genuinely loved me that I could hold close to me. But I realize it's an empty ideal that reality cannot live up to, especially in today's disgusting world. I am still stuck with constant self-improvement, pretending there will be some woman who was worth it all, but I know that's a lie.
I now just pray for Jesus Christ to return soon and judge the Earth swiftly. Or alternatively that God kills me so I can go to Heaven. I hate being alive and am now pretty suicidal.

how's it feel being autistic?