How many pushups can you do? Self improving robots, take two minutes out of your day. Get on the floor right now...

How many pushups can you do? Self improving robots, take two minutes out of your day. Get on the floor right now. Report back with your results.

Attached: Average-push-up-standards.png (1168x864, 55K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Get on the floor
Everybody (originally) do the dinosaur.

Attached: 1551208617327.gif (180x180, 44K)

20. That's pretty good. Started at 0 5 months ago

I can do 22 which is in the average range for my age group (20-29) but I'm still really weak. Bought a set of dumbbells last month and I'm only doing 5.4kg (3.5 weights + 1.9 bar)... started at 2.9kg so at least progressed some...

I probably have some sort of a defect, because I can do like 8 full pullups and like 15 pushups, of which the last 5 are pathetic.

I can do 100, but that's because I trained it everyday for the last 7 years. (also I stopped at 100 because I didn't bother going further)

100 in 2.20 minutes

Around 25. I was doing 4 sets of 25 a day for a few months, didn't really notice a difference but I wasn't mixing in anything else. I have 10kg dumbbells but they make my elbows sore, so I think I should probably reduce the weight a little. I'm a skinny shit, it's unfortunate.

I can do 70. I do 3 sets of 60 a day

8 pullups is not a lot

Yes, but usually someone so weak that he can barely do 15 pushups will not be able to do 8 pullups. I don't think the ratio is usually 1:2

How the fuck. Do you guys have proper form? I bench 185lbs for reps but I can't do more than 15 pushups in a row and I'm 25.

cardio and don't be a fatass

Part of it is about tricking your mind. I know I can't do 100 if I count directly to 100, but by counting 4 x25 (without resting btw) I can

I'm not breathless lad, my muscles fatigue to failure and I'm not a fatass either. Like I mean is everyone here nearly touching their chest to the floor and fully protracting their scapula on the way up? Are these self-reports in the table? The US Army only needs like ~30 pushups in a set for their physical fitness test.

>The US Army
lol

Few years back i tried doing 100 puchups program or something but after reaching around 25 give up. I don't really have any reason to exercise. Although now that i think about it i'm irritated that i'm 15 pounds overweight.

Am I the only oldfag left? No one else got that but me. Fuck.

Attached: 1517387193424.png (382x455, 75K)

I just managed 50, haven't done weight training in 6 months. It's ok I suppose.

Nah son, we got that

What is the, "average" person, exactly? Someone who does regular push-ups, if that chart is to be trusted.

I do a shitload of cardio. I have a healthy BMI and an ideal BF%, but I could only do 12. The problem is that when doing push-ups I'm using muscles I never normally use. In the past I've done daily push-ups and after a month I could do well over 100 push-ups. Push-ups are very easy, so long as you've been doing them regularly.

>hits 20
>"good enough"
>gives up

discord
=|+|=|56|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 26.jpg (347x424, 43K)

You are right i can do 10 pushups and only 1 pullup when i am fully rested.

> 17-19 female
> 46
> flexing on you faggots

Your entire body weight is a fucking bicep curl you're not flexing on anyone.

I can do like 110 push ups because I'm not an incel.

It's just a shit joke, even at the time it was mostly unfunny shit.

whats so funny little bitch? I bet you wouldn't even join because you're afraid to test yourself and you deflect with "I don't want to fight for government" or some political excuse. inb4 I'm a crayon-eating marine (doubt)

>hurr durr i'm so fit and athletic
>why can't this muscle group I never use or train be above average like my autism levels?
Really makes you think. I thought the people on Jow Forums were retarded but you lot are even worse.

A few pushups won't solve your 400lb problem, hippoposter.

roasties btfo

Attached: 02934576.png (294x171, 5K)

In good form, probably only like 20-22. If I did them real fast, I could probably get like 35. I'm 20.

lmao, salty af

dude how can you not do push ups when you're not fat damn son you must be weak as hell

Yeah I'm salty. Push-ups are only "difficult" because they use muscles people ordinarily never use. If you exercise those muscles enough, you can turn push-ups into basically just cardio. When I was doing push-ups daily, I had to do those stupid diamond push-ups for the difficulty.

>dude how can you not do push ups when you're not fat
Because push-ups use back, shoulder, and chest muscles in ways that I never normally use.

5 fUCK ghghj

is pushup good cardio

Not really. Too few muscles are used, and it burns few calories.

dammit i cANT RUN

I still can't figure out how to do one, like how do you stop your toes from sliding away across the floor?

So walk. Briskly. People will give you funny looks but ignore them. They're just stupid jealous assholes.

how do i measure my pulse or heartrate or whatever for cardio

I usually do 100 in sets of 20 through the day but I can get 35 in one go if I try. 19 btw

A solid rule to follow is that you should be able to carry on a normal conversation as you walk, but not be able to sing a song. (You're probably walking alone but just use your imagination.) Your optimal heartrate for fat burning is 220 minus your age, but its ok if you dont reach that.

OH MY FUCKING GOD, HOW HAVE I NOT REALIZED MY STRENGTH TILL NOW, I CRACKED OUT 80, RESTED FOR A MINUTE, CRACKED OUT ANOTHER 25, RESTED FOR ANOTHER MINUTER, AND CRACKED OUT ALMOST ANOTHER 50, HOLY FUCKING SHIT

actually now that i think of it, thats not impressive, i take it back. I just only expected myself to reach 10

That's what I mean. Push-ups are only hard if you've not built up the push-up muscles. Once you've developed those muscles, you can do push-ups indefinitely.

Squats, too. I can do 20 squats. But when I've done squats daily, I could do an indefinite amount.

Wait, so it actually gets worse over time? Is it because you get heavier as you age? Or were the memes of men peaking around 30 to 40 fake?

Just did 55, and I'm 32... let's gooooo

>women 60+
>5-12 pushups on average
okay senpai

Attached: 1552846522751.gif (400x333, 1.6M)

15 pushups. Havnt tried doing any in over a year probably. Oh boy sweating now.

Do them to complete muscle failure, when you muscles cant physically do 1 more and not because of pain. IF you keep doing this for about 2 months, you could easily crack out 100 in 1 set, maybe in even less time. You just have to have the willpower to keep going and not give up because of the burn. Also, once you get to that point, you should warmup by doing a 2 or 3 sets of 5-10 then do your full set so you dont tear something.

Twenty-something
I can do 40 max

Hey i'm 165lb i don't think its that bad.

Attached: 90iu9vrofn7x.png (1334x750, 1.3M)

discord
=|+|=|269|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 19.jpg (790x800, 62K)