Work in government office as inventory clerk

>work in government office as inventory clerk
>no sign of job going anywhere but its literally fucking dead end as you can get
>5 mins away so I only need gas like once every month and a half since I don't go anywhere
>make enough to pay rent, bills, eat and have about about $3-500 left over for whatever
>do nothing all day at work besides browse the internet and occasionally update inventory/take deliveries (takes 30 mins every few days or so)
>go home, play games, sleep, repeat till weekend

I feel like I'm getting too complacent and before I know it I'll be 46 still in this spot.

How does one escape this type of mundane life? I'm 15 minutes away from university but I have no idea what to even do. I'm too much of a brainlet for engineering or hard sciences and am constantly told non-STEM is a waste of time/money.

Attached: fredoo.jpg (225x224, 7K)

Are you fucking kidding me? I would kill for this life. It seems like you feel like your life is worthless because you have a pointless dead-end job, but keep in mind, your job is not your whole life. You can use all that idle time and spare money for anything. Take up a hobby and get good at it. While you're sitting at work try writing if that's your thing. Or build models at your desk. Or practice sketching at your desk and go home and do your serious drawing. You have a job that adequately supports you and gives you enough spare time and money to do whatever you want outside of work and maybe even time to practice at work. You can be truly great at something creative. Don't get hung up on the "career success = worth as a person" meme.

This. This. This. I cannot emphasise this enough. Op you are very blessed. You should be grateful. Fuck career success if you have all those benifits, flexibility, and money. Many people long to be in your position

>$300-500 leftover a month is a lot of money

Attached: 1504239254945.jpg (226x223, 5K)

If your bored fuck some twinks boicunt on Grindr

quit at work at mcdonalds 70 hours a week lol

Attached: happy wagie.png (631x596, 96K)

Career success should matter to OP if he doesn't want to work past 50 years of age. How are dead-end jobs going to help toward that?

By the time I'm 50, I'll be living on passive income.

After paying for everything he needs to pay? I'd say thats a comfy amount of money. Would make it easy to buy things you want or take yourself out to fancy restaraunts. or save for travel or more expensive things.

you can do p well on that if you budget your hobbies properly

>Would make it easy to buy things you want or take yourself out to fancy restaraunts. or save for travel or more expensive things.
And not one mention of retirement. You retards here really suck at planning ahead.

I was under the assumption that his work offered some sort of 401k plan that he invested into. I mean, even my shit tier job does

while that's true, he works in a govt office, he probably already has a plan set up

$300 a month is either $37.50 for each weekend day or $75 for a single weekend day, meaning you can only go out once a week or twice a week at really budget type places. $500 a month or $125 a single weekend day or $62.50 for 2 weekend days would make a little bit more sense, you could go to the club and get 2 cocktails and maybe an uber home once a week, or get shitfaced at a cheap bar once a week or tipsy twice a week

there's the cinema though you could afford to do that, or you could just eat at cheap restaurants
that's a pretty stressful and unnecessary thing to do, having fun should mean doing whatever you want to feel like would be fun, not sitting down and planning your dopamine-per-dollar lmao

>"OK. this is how i am going to have fun today and this is how much it is going to cost"
topkek
this would be the only thing that would make sense, but i feel like you think 401ks are a good idea for retirement. Want a pro tip? use it to get loans and leverage it with various investments. $500=5,000 if your credit is good enough. Cba to explain or go further

did they let you choose your post there? how much did they pay overtime? What state are you in?

answering these questions would be very valuable to me

Not too bad. I'd be OK with that. I dont like going out much anyway.

>that's a pretty stressful and unnecessary thing to do, having fun should mean doing whatever you want to feel like would be fun, not sitting down and planning your dopamine-per-dollar lmao

that's not what I meant you spakka

non-STEM degrees are not useless, they'll get your foot in the door. Economics/business management/finance etc. Most large companies REQUIRE a degree for low level corp or service center jobs, and all of them require it for upward mobility (with many now requiring a masters once you reach a certain level).

you escape this life by applying for other jobs and attempting to challenge yourself. nothing too complicated.

me neither, i don't like going out the house at all so i would just save up and invest it all, but if you want an actual social life friends and so on and so forth it's not enough
>that's not what I meant you spakka
so re-phrase your sentence you autist. People can't read your minds on an anonymous imageboard, what you say is what you mean with the context you provide

>so re-phrase your sentence you autist. People can't read your minds on an anonymous imageboard, what you say is what you mean with the context you provide
ooh lah lah look at me weeeeeeeeeee

>ooh lah lah look at me weeeeeeeeeee
why do i even come to this board

Attached: 717.jpg (324x291, 15K)

>why do i even come to this board
bc ur da sells avon

Attached: 1553148577057.jpg (800x450, 32K)

What gs are you? I got a fed job that goes to gs12 and I'm at gs9. People would kill to have my job but for me it is easier than middle school I literally just browse YouTube on the computer all day 4 days a week. I want to kill myself cuz it's so slow. But I realize that I make good money for doing nothing. I'm thinking about starting a 2nd job but have no idea what to do. I'm 26 and my friends have good well paying careers and I am a total loser for being a fed.

HOW THE FFFFFFUCK DO YOU GET THESE JOBS? IF YOU WANT TO DO SOMETHING USEFUL WITH YOUR LIVES TEACH US HOW TO GET INTO THAT POSITION

Attached: 1545174429205.png (488x463, 59K)

FFS OP, that sounds grand. How'd you get into it?