Mbti thread depression edition

INFJ here, just want to say fuck all the cringy narcissistic faggots who larp as my type. they're probably SFs in disguise or something.

Attached: 1507813518569.jpg (2584x1468, 595K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
discord/
mbti-notes.tumblr.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

First for this is astrology
t. iNTP

I'll never really figure what my type is guys
my obsession with mbti and jung functions has fucked with my psyches really good to this point.
just gonna settle for ISFJ desu

Attached: Barsad.jpg (250x286, 11K)

>my obsession with mbti and jung functions has fucked with my psyches really good to this point.

This seems like an odd experience to have. I guess I'm a pretty extreme example of my type so there's never been any ambiguity about it.

let me explain.
I already have a massive personality problem that includes an inferiority complex, imposter and existential angst.
now project that on mbti, or iq tests or ennagram or whatever. They are never equal in my opinion. There's always the good side/level or the shittier. I am at a point where I both tell myself I am too shit for any greatness and at the same time am afraid of being called bad. so in that way I'd claim myself to be an ISFJ 6w7 because I only concentrate on my shit personality parts and project them onto this crap, which results in me picking the worst for myself because i dont deserve better.
on another level every time I suspect myself to be a different type I act accordingly. I usually chase excitement and dangerous situations in order to convince myself I am not a cowardly ISFJ, maybe I am maybe not, idk anymore.
this seems like an incomprehensible mess of an infodump but im glad I got it off my chest towards people that might have a good advice on the matter and generally have ears.

Which Gundam is that?

youre an infj
>t. infj

My favorite general is back! \(^o^)/

I'm INFJ-T, and not a larper! :3

I hope Sophieanon's friend from the last thread is fine.

they told me the same when I posted but I honestly dont believe it

>INTJ
>confident, self-assured

When will I ever be able to live up to this meme?

tfw cant decide between mbti's INTP or socionics ENTp-Ti subtype

tfw bad at looking at myself objectively

tfw no irl experience to go off of

tfw dont know myself

Attached: 1479602530698.png (591x716, 322K)

I am and always have been an ENFP (7w8), so I guess it's not a type that likes to hide. I'm sorry you seem to divide these things into good and bad, I like to find something good about everyone if I can.

>ENFP pretending to be someone they're not
every time

Well guess there is no doubt I'm an ENTP.
That's LoGH it's a good watch and Oberstein did nothing wrong.

Attached: _20190321_190902.jpg (1080x924, 125K)

its not like I dont appreciate all types.
its more internal for me. I see a type with the worst bad parts and only project those onto me. Other ISFJs are mostly cool imo
It's just that I am turbo insecure and broken

okay but I admit that I feel like mbti is a hierarchy at this point

I tried watching that show but it was too boring

>okay but I admit that I feel like mbti is a hierarchy at this point

Why, so that insecure, egomaniac ENTJs can have an arbitrary reason to feel superior to perfectly healthy ISFPs? We develop our personalities as a way of coping with and learning from our experiences, and each toolkit is designed to survive in a unique way. Even faster than any real landscape, a social or culture landscape can shift to favor one type or another every goddamn week.

Don't call ISFJ shit you shit! Anyway have you considered INTP? Why are you afraid of being called bad user, what would be your problem with that?

Throw socionics in the trash, problem solved.

Attached: A Centaur's Life - c050 (v08) - p110 [Digital-HD] [danke-Empire].jpg (2176x3056, 1.01M)

Whatever man I had fun watch it.

Attached: b1171296e48127cfc85ce82aa6cb1bfe5befb92d0ba40578d734f5f38bca6f17.jpg (699x427, 56K)

That's all honestly based on my personal view on things.
E. g. people who play it safe and don't dare for the sake of it may survive better but I see that as a weakness, that and alongside others.

Read Despite hating myself for every single misstep and feeling like I don't deserve better a part of me is just kind of entitled to feel great in contrast with standards, either my own or that of others

Most INTJs I met were more typical of NPD. I knew one INTJ girl who was an out and out sociopath. Not only did she deny she was capable of any wrongdoing, she actually BELIEVED it. She was a master strategist and manipulator. Of course, being an INFP, I could see more of her tricks a mile away, but it was quite fascinating to watch her ways of twisting the truth, manipulating those around her, and trying to justify every fucked up thing she did.

She was a self styled Nazi fetishist whose goal was, in her own words, 'world domination'. She also had orthorexia and took great pleasure in humiliating and mocking those who didn't eat as 'cleanly' as her.

Oberstein did nothing wrong

INFP. Born to feel.

It's my belief that sensitivity is the normal, base state for humans, and through their personal experiences some people are either crushed by feelings and become hostage to them, while others harden themselves so they don't have to deal with emotions at all and feel better refusing to process them and denying their existence completely.

This shit is still just astrology for autists.

what does that have to do with anything I said?

>Why are you afraid of being called bad user, what would be your problem with that?
Are you retarded?

sometimes i think im the only ENFP.t on this site. any others?

Not quite. It at least makes an effort to document typical personality traits and group them together. It just fails to fully represent an individual.

Weird question but does anyone know if there is a correlation between cognitive types and test levels?

Not knowing yourself might point to polr Fi. Do you like starting projects? The ENTP-Tis I knew were entrepreneurs (strong Te).

Not him, but why do you care about what other people think of you? I think that's what he was getting at.

>dichotomy tests say INFP
>function tests say INFJ
What do?

I really can't answer that precisely.
Maybe I'm just too insecure for a proper self esteem or maybe the outside standards are just really important to me because people are. They are the only thing that's really the spice in existence so they are kinda important to me

christ that sounds awful. a lot of people use their types to justify their shitty behavior and i see that more rampant than ever in INTJs. yea i admit that i can be unintentionally insensitive to others, but i always feel like an autistic asshole when someone points it out to me more than anything else.

that's funny that you're an INFP. one of my closest friends was an INFP, though i dont talk to him much anymore cause of distance. wonder if he thinks the same way about me and that's the real reason he doesnt talk to me anymore kek

i enjoy it but usually i just never start anything and i keep it purely conceptual and i just write them down for maybe doing later because i know the things i want to do require too much work for me to complete like video editing and shit like that, mostly just dumb ideas i have

read about the functions and then do some self-analysis. Be honest too. Self-reporting inventories can sometimes be a decent indication but aren't always accurate due to various reasons.

Let me ask a question then. Are outside standards still that important to you even if you know that those standards could wrong? Do you ever experience conflict when people, individually or a collective, hold some opinion which you know is not truthful?

I have a feeling you're ENTP but it could be either

>Are outside standards still that important to you even if you know that those standards could wrong?
Not really, as I said most of it is projection from my side too. People have openly confronted me for being so disagreeable at times. But admiration or at least a public image from individuals is usually not that subjective. Sometimes I also act shitty to get negative attention. I'd say I'm overall imagefocused, even if the image seems unusual for most standards. I'm often thinking that I'm just a closeted attentionwhore, and I go between being introverted and extroverted about it
>Do you ever experience conflict when people, individually or a collective, hold some opinion which you know is not truthful?
I don't like conflict nor hurting others. But I can clash if I morally disagree, want to disagree out of spite and just dislike a person or if I see actual logical flaws which is rare tho.

Well as I said that girl was a destructive sociopath and a narc, which probably renders most MBTI typing useless. INTJ just seems to be a catch all for anyone who is intuitive and places logic over emotion.

I don't think you should worry about appearing that way to your friend, you must have shared some common ground and I'm sure you had traits he admired. You sound pretty self aware.

There are definitely good INTJs and bad INTJs, the same way there are good INFPs and bad INFPs.

One of my closest friends is also an INTJ and I appreciate their high standards, the amount of passion they have for their niche interests, their analytic nature and the fact they don't really give a fuck. They can't always understand why I'm upset or bothered by something but if I have a problem they always try to work with me to try and find a solution.

I do think INTJs and INFPs share common ground in that they tend to have deeper more complex insights into things than most normies. It's conversations with INTJs that often make me have those 'really makes you think' moments and I appreciate that. But yes our emotional natures are day and night.

>Are outside standards still that important to you even if you know that those standards could wrong?

Diff user but this is a really interesting question to me. Humans are so suggestible and it really is amazing when you realize that a lot of the things you think could actually be wrong, it's just that these beliefs are so widespread and commonly held that it never even occurred to you to question them in the first place.

>psychopath Nazi fetishist INTJ woman
Yeah, unless you're highly exaggerating that, which makes sense because you're a retarded feeler, I don't believe it for a second. Go talk about your disgusting fantasies somewhere else.

INFJ here, where's my bf ;w;

Attached: 14264246_552291424967937_2313152339119571343_n.jpg (570x366, 67K)

>INTJ edgelord on r9k unironically thinks I care that they don't believe me

You can't see the forest for the trees, INTJ chan.

I've alawys wondered what MBTI would most fujoshi fall under?

INFP, speaking from experience

Funnily enough she still runs a blog where you can see proof of her narc rage, militant veganism, discussing her revenge fantasies against those who she perceives as having 'wronged' her, or if you just want to read her fantasies about licking Karl Brandt's boots.

>INFP
>Spent the majority of last night and this morning/afternoon arguing against something I don't like being removed because doing so is against my principles
>Lost my main source of (online) human interaction because I decided to leave the group due to this
>Felt like shit ever since
What's wrong with my personality, man? I did the right thing, but I feel really awful. Even though I'm still angry about the decision they made.

tfw used to be ISTP when i was really agressive and edgy now INFP ama

Maybe you're upset because it feels like they didn't care that you left? But ultimately, being around people who stomp on your morals is draining, and it's a good thing to be assertive so you don't lose yourself.

How the fuck do you go from ISTP to INFP?

I don't know, some people have shown concern over me leaving and I appreciate them, it just feels like I lost a lot over the last 24 hours.

>But ultimately, being around people who stomp on your morals is draining, and it's a good thing to be assertive so you don't lose yourself.
Yeah, keeping that in mind. I'm going to think about the situation more over the next few weeks and might come back eventually but what they did bothers me too much right now.

You dont.You dont change type,he just took the test dishonestly once or twice and never researched how functions work

i can't say factually but i guess from being a teen and maturing, into a better person

based INFP bro, you sound like a cool guy to hang out with and thanks for the reassurance.

i only have that one friend to base INFPs from (guys at least) and he was the coolest. INFPs are insightful about things that i'm too emotionally stunted to understand and aren't afraid to feel so deeply about things/people that they care about. you guys are also always real and say things like they are and don't put on a facade. i think maybe that's another reason why INTJs and INFPs click so well, because they both really appreciate ingenuity and individualism but still manage to balance each other out because their functions are so different. a lot of conversations i had with that guy also gave me those 'makes you think' moments so i think we introduce perspectives to each other that are different enough to be interesting but relatable enough that we dont dismiss them as false.

on a side note, i've always thought that Keirsey mbti ideal match thing was bs. how the fuck is intj and enfp supposed to be the ideal match?

>INFP
WHY CAN'T I STOP VENTING MY FEELINGS AND THOUGHTS TO PEOPLE WHO >PROBABLY DON'T GIVE A SHIT

I always write paragraphs of this shit too.

I do this too

Also this is unrelated,but im feeling terribly terribly sad
Its all way too tiring and there is no hope,life isnt happy,all countless possibiities lead to demise and unhappiness,there is nothing save for fearing death and passively waiting for the arrival of the grim reaper,that is sure to be the greatest joy ill ever had,for not in a single other moment will I truly know its over

>sensitivity is the normal, base state for humans You're right. It bothers me when feelers try to make people who aren't comfortable with it talk about feelings or be expressive though. Thoughts mediate between subjective experience and reality, impersonal logic is an important part of organizing experience and helps people make peace with reality and take the needed steps to reach the ends they desire. It seems like some feelers look down on people who aren't focused on feelings, even though logic is just a different, equally valid way of seeing things.

>sensitivity is the normal, base state for humans
You're right. It bothers me when feelers try to make people who aren't comfortable with it talk about feelings or be expressive though. Thoughts mediate between subjective experience and reality, impersonal logic is an important part of organizing experience and helps people make peace with reality and take the needed steps to reach the ends they desire. It seems like some feelers look down on people who aren't focused on feelings, even though logic is just a different, equally valid way of seeing things.

Oops, I didn't mean to make the whole post green

>tfw ENTJ married to an INTP
>watch Legend of the Galactic Heroes together awhile back
>I love the Empire
>she loves the alliance
this picture is fairly accurate and boy am i laffin

Attached: 1455321935706.jpg (1280x1024, 212K)

not dating some random from r9k thats for sure

>personality factors determined through factor analysis is astrology

well astrology also has a finely tuned methodology but that doesn't make it any more factual.

I like you, user, a good bit.

>intp
>not entp

it sucks bros

>INTP engaged to INFJ
We do a whole lot of nothing and it's great

Curious, what does nothing consist of for you two?

Fuck you
Just fuck you, really

No, Astrology is much more in depth and isn't based on intangible reports. Astrology is measurable bases on the celestial bodies so even if you think it's inaccurate at least it's not based on pure speculation.

t. Aquarius Moon INFJ Master Race

>You're right. It bothers me when feelers try to make people who aren't comfortable with it talk about feelings or be expressive though. Thoughts mediate between subjective experience and reality, impersonal logic is an important part of organizing experience and helps people make peace with reality and take the needed steps to reach the ends they desire. It seems like some feelers look down on people who aren't focused on feelings, even though logic is just a different, equally valid way of seeing things.

The trouble we have is when Thinkers are utterly unaware that their logic is being distorted by their feelings and it's patently obvious to everyone else but they have no idea. Consider the INTx beta orbiter who hangs on every one-word text from his crush, convinced that based on his latest analysis, she must secretly harbor feelings for him! Now if only she would stop sleeping with all these Feeler assholes...

How do I go from being a Uni failure to being a strong Te user?

Attached: shittymbtimeme23.png (620x419, 474K)

All is well, thank you for your concern.

Attached: fd0fd76ca9310fcd8ab1decd0d9120a6.jpg (711x980, 232K)

INTJ here

Original

Attached: Screenshot (8).png (551x701, 103K)

Holy fuck I'm lazy...

Let's just say I was going to make an informative longpost that would be great to repost in different versions (just to get past the robot), but I decided I didn't want to spend 30 minutes making it.

It was going to be an FAQ explaining what MBTI is and what it isn't.

if you make this post i'll save it and repost it in future threads

Reminder that if you're not trying to transcend MBTI and become the perfect being with equally balanced functions, you're not gonna make it.

>think more
>become more extroverted

That's it. That's the big secret.

>Reminder that if you're not trying to transcend MBTI and become the perfect being with equally balanced functions, you're not gonna make it.
this is objectively true

discord
=|+|=|322|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 12.jpg (456x620, 101K)

I encourage you to do it, MBTI despite being pretty clear in itself confuses lots of people apparently, though it's their fault for not reading the theory and claiming to know shit

Transcending mbti is called being an infj

Te isn't gonna make you more productive, it's just a cognitive process.
Whether you have Ti or Te you can reach the same conclusions, Te is just gonna prioritize objectivity and order in the outside world and "tell" you to make decisions based on it - that doesn't mean Ti cannot reach the exact same conclusion.

discord
=|+|=|448|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 18.jpg (540x540, 69K)

Help me filling my MBTI folder

Attached: NeNi.jpg (564x282, 47K)

INTP-T, just tested. Same as my first time.
>pretending this matters

16p isn't MBTI, please use function-based tests such as sarkinova.

discord/
=|+|=|587|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 17.jpg (373x287, 40K)

Oh also, self-typing by understanding theory works better.

mbti-notes.tumblr.com/ is a decent reference.

INFJ
>pretending made up personality archetypes have a authentic test

It's not about "authentic" tests, it's just 2 different theories.
Since this is the MBTI thread I assume you want to test functions and the MBTI type instead of 16p's NERIS.

I just participate in the threads for shits and giggles, MBTI is meaningless for me ever since I took upper level psych courses

A bit dead today.

No, it's not. Please stop lying in your posts.

>decent reference

All of this is being pulled out of their ass. When did any of Jung's original writings talk about the EIEI/IEIE functional stacks?

MBTI isn't Jung's work.

No, but the functions are, and if you're gonna put the functions in specific orders, you're gonna need a better excuse than just,

>that's just how how it is bro

You gotta call Myers and Briggs for that.

it's hard to dump pictures on Jow Forums

>you're gonna need a better excuse
fuck you I'm not a scientist