How do you guys cope with the Inevitability of death? What do you think happens when you die?

How do you guys cope with the Inevitability of death? What do you think happens when you die?

Attached: 1552520808823.jpg (1080x1108, 392K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
discord/
youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I never died so I don't know if I will for sure or not.

The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass, and then you see it.
White shores, and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.

goddamn i want to sniff

Nothing happens after you die faggot.
Nothing. There is nothing. Once you can wrap your head around that then you can start coping with it.

I think that consciousness wont end, but that there will be nothing to interact with. You just float in a void for all of eternity

"We're all going to heaven lads, wahey." - Fr. Dougal

Basically eternal sleep without the dreams. Or reincarnation. Pressing New Game after every death. I wish there was a New Game+ so I could continue with the knowledge and memories I had in my previous life.

Hopefully it's like before you were born

LotR faggot

This poetry is not good, but you tried

GOD
DAMN IT
Lonely and horny, etc.

Attached: GO-DAMNIT.jpg (1280x720, 46K)

Death doesn't exist because nothing doesn't exist. The Universe is all, we are merely extensions of it trying to discover itself, in the way that our bodies are extensions of our whole selves.

i hope its something that makes up for this terrible experience, otherwise im submitting to the ombudsman

After taking psychedelics a few times I've become less scared, and more curious

I can't explain it that well

Attached: XzwyUUo.jpg (474x713, 28K)

i am not a faggot why are you so mean

Attached: autisticamphibian.png (224x225, 7K)

Paradise, limbo or Hell

Attached: 064f5c30cb04abce6168433fa6ca676cafcf9f32737829bfad8e51c113c18aee.jpg (700x693, 90K)

It's not poetry it's a quote from lotr

I'm a Christian, personally, so I like the idea of heaven but even if there's nothing I won't know it anyway so I'm not really losing anything.

I believe that all of the energy in the universe is interconnected. All energy flows in one large swirl around the universe constantly, and when people are born, they pull energy out of that flow, and as you age and eventually die, all of that energy flows back into the ever present flow of the universe.
In this way, reincarnation is similar, but it is never 100% your past energy, as it is mixed with everything else from the universe.

Man, every time I see this picture I imagine she's my gf. I'm sneaking up behind her and I give her a good slap right on her rear. She turns around and says "Hey!" With that half shocked/half smile look. Then I go and grab her and we roll around in the grass hugging and kissing.

What difference would it make? If I told you with absolute certainty that nothing happens, would you change the way you live? What if I told you that you enter a dreamlike state where you experience a another lifetime, one where your subconscious takes all the major decisions you made in your life to determine the quality of that life for you, where negative thoughts manifest as a bad life? Would you immediately try making life better for yourself and those around you? Why wouldn't you do that anyway? Why wouldn't you want this life to be a good one, where people around you are happy because you helped them achieve it in some small way, regardless of the outcome?

i don't think about it much, i just try to enjoy my life as best as i can.
That ass tho

It happens and I die. What more can I do. I've already been what 5 meter flashes shot at by multiple people and have fought off 4 dogs of peace with only minor injury. Death is more than welcome to try and get me.

I think there is either nothing after death or we get reincarnated as someone or something else. That is how I feel about it. Why do you ask/care OP? Pic I took btw

Attached: EF19C8C1-1A03-4402-9031-35452281CE2B.jpg (4032x3024, 1.36M)

You make the most of the present. Give up materialism and consumerism as much as you can while still living comfortably, and instead of thinking about all the things you want to do in the future, just start doing them.

It's easier said than done, of course. Personally, I've come to realize that I don't care about owning a house or having a fancy car, or expensive clothes. I spend my money on travel, good food, excursions with my friends/significant other, and hobbies. Instead of thinking, "I wish I could paint," I started painting. Stuff like that.

I don't think anything happens when we die. Having spoken with people who have had near death experiences or who have been medically dead and then revived, they have all said the same thing: it's nothing but black.

I think that the concept of God is a comforting one, but realistically, a man-made one. Heaven and hell, that's all subjective. All we can do is aspire to make our own lives as close to heavenly as possible, help each other out, and recognize that "god" is within everyone.

Yeah same with me, but instead of imaging rolling around in the grass like kids, I just imagine myself coming up behind her, ripping her shorts down, mounting her then fuck her retarded busting a huge load as deep as I can in her when I'm done.

when you die, you become what you were before you were born

knowing this, there's no reason to cope. why would i cope? sure it's scary, but i mean i could do cool stimulating stuff in the mean time and learn to love

I'll bask in the glory of Alan Watts's presence.

Well, that's the part that came after, I mean you gotta warm her up first.

The more my life sucks the more i accept death. Or i do just want this hell to end. There will never be true freedom because we die.

It doesn't bother me. I'm more worried about where or not I'll be able to make friends and maybe get a gf before I die.

>How do you guys cope with the Inevitability of death?

i find peace in that ill lose all obligation and
hardship

>What do you think happens when you die?

you cease to exist

I somewhat disagree, our existence itself must have meaning, otherwise we wouldn't exist, therefore its entirely possible whatever made our existence also makes another existence for us after, even if we were living in a simulation we'd prob start again in another simulation.

But to further question op.
Existence has meaning otherwise it wouldn't happen, ie we exist we must have been created therefore we must have a creator, and him a creator and his creator a creator. The logical explanation for this is that similar to how ants cannot possibly comprehend quantum mechanics, we cannot comprehend the knowledge about our creation without a creator or how the creator was created without one.

However, from this we can ascertain that theism and atheism are equally dumb. Theism because they don't explain how the creator was created, and atheism because we exist, the existence does not make sense to be possible without a creator without a first cause in our comprehension, so by default we must stay unsure in the realm of Gnosticism. You can't say gods are stupid theyre not real therefore there must definitely be no gods and be atheist , because you completely ignore the question, "okay how do we exist then, what caused the big bang" therefore all atheists are equally as blind and stupid in their beliefs as theists.

Be agnostic guys, most of the world already is they just pretend to 100% believe their religion because theyre scared of the afterlife or they call themselves atheist so they seem smart. I personally think life after death will just be reincarnation in a different world or universe or parallel universe, humans will stay humans though because I believe humans are extremely different to other animals. You don't see monkeys questioning their existence.

Attached: 1552672787847.jpg (479x348, 83K)

reading this gave me a headache, fuck me.

>our existence itself must have meaning, otherwise we wouldn't exist
How so? We only exist because we became and haven't ceazed to be yet.

When you die, the brain that is responsible for your conception of "you" will decay and not function anymore, therefore there is no way you could conceive you are dead. There is nothing magical that siphons your atoms and reassembles them to reproduce you after death.

I simply no longer try to do anything because it doesn't really matter what I do because I'm going to die anyway.
Same as before I was born.

Okay, I did rush through it a bit so I'll go a lil in depth on that part. You can see your hand, it exists, you can move it you can feel it. If there was no meaning, no creation, you wouldn't feel your hand you wouldn't exist. If an alien came and jizzed on a rock, clapped his hand and the big bang happened that would still be a meaning of our existence, and well i mean the alien would have one too. But we're currently in a stage where we cannot comprehend the actual answer so the best belief is to be unsure, ie agnostic.

If life had no meaning, absolutely no meaning, no alien jizz, no purpose, no meaning at all, it wouldnt exist because there would be no rules to create it.

What I'm trying to say is that theism and atheism, its a paradox-- neither of them can be true with out knowledge, therefore everyone should be agnostics, and desu most people already think this way, they just don't know how to describe it.

Sometimes I want to die, and hug the abyss, think it this way: no more life = eternal peace

>assuming a materialist theory of mind in 2019

You cope with it by not thinking about it

>(X) in [current year]

look up modal realism

maybe we weren't created by alien jizz or anything else, we just exist because we could exist

That is what i was thinking in

When I die I can finally be done with the world even if just temporarily. Honestly I'm tired of this world.

>Honestly I'm tired of this world.
Why?

Just Blackness .

Attached: 20171222_233818_1.gif (368x496, 783K)

I want anything but darkness
god i will be so pissed if its just darkness and nothing else
I was put on this earth to feel
To feel happy, sad, mad, excited, depressed, suprised fucking anything and i wouldnt have it any other way
take everything else i have left just please god please dont take away my ability to feel.

Attached: Why.png (583x558, 265K)

How do you cope with the inevitability of getting your dick sucked?

Nothing. You rot in the ground or wherever you drop. Your consciousness stops because your brain stops functioning and everything about you becomes no more. You live only in the minds of people you have interacted with or the imprint you have left on the earth. For you, it is like the time pre-birth.

Everything in life serves as a distraction from it. The more time you spend thinking about anything else, the less time you think about death. Thinking about death hurts because humans aren't good at conceptualising their own non-existence. It evokes a profound sense of dread. Less rational people of the past came up with their own way of dealing with it - they created sky gods and claimed that they would be in them in the afterlife. Now, for thousands of years, billions have not had to fear death because they believe, or pretend to believe, their consciousness lives somewhere else after they die. What a soothing thought.

I think about how my exit is soon and completely under my control, and it grants me a sense of security. I would be facing it eventually, just many decades later after a lifetime of regrets and bitterness. Free will is the ability to independently choose from a series of options, but are the options less meaningful if they will eventually reach the same conclusion? I like to pretend not. As for the possibility of existence beyond death, I don't spend too much time worrying about it. The idea of nonexistence doesn't bother me, and whether or not I'll be reincarnated or eternally punished is realistically out of my hands. I usually defer to the Marcus Aurelius quote:
>"Live a good life. If there are gods and they are just, then they will not care how devout you have been, but will welcome you based on the virtues you have lived by. If there are gods, but unjust, then you should not want to worship them. If there are no gods, then you will be gone, but will have lived a noble life that will live on in the memories of your loved ones."

Attached: 1551989199782.jpg (2000x1333, 1.07M)

I think you go to heaven when you die

a pile of shit exists, what is its meaning?

I don't care. Regardless of what you believe for what happens after you die, there' s no reason to waste time worrying about it. Death just happens, there's nothing special about it.

After death we have an opportunity to be united with God through our redeemer Jesus Christ.

nirvana hopefully

I try not to think about it too much, and use it as an excuse to do whatever I want.

No idea, but my money's on nothing. Just like before we were born.

Attached: 1541642655452.png (750x1000, 310K)

I've never understood how having 100% pure conviction about something (like the existence of God) without proof doesn't make you delusional / brain damaged.

I'm moving from instantly reacting negatively towards theists, to asking them to define God. Cos if they say "God is everything," I just drop the conversation.

I'm pretty sure that there's next to no straight up atheists. That's just what people say as shorthand for "agnostic atheist". If I remember correctly from when I gave a fuck about positions, it goes Theist-Agnostic Theist-Agnostic Atheist-Atheist. Everyone's in one of those camps.

>If there was no meaning, no creation, you wouldn't feel your hand you wouldn't exist.

This is an assumption. I don't see why things would need meaning to exist.

Attached: 1531732036839.png (1032x1468, 1.96M)

>How do you guys cope with the Inevitability of death? What do you think happens when you die?
Its the ultimate bliss, pure nothing, not even sleep. I almost look forward to it, not in a "i want to neck myself" way but in a "i cant wait to give myself to the void after a long and likely painful life" way

Why do you think that? It's not even written down. I'm sure your parents didn't get you into it as a kid.

You wouldn't be pissed, or happy. You'd be nothing. Think of it as sleeping forever with no dreams. Kinda relaxing imo.

discord
=|+|=|331|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 21.jpg (221x296, 25K)

>cope
With all the problems I have, I am more than ok with death. It's just as natural as being born.

>what happens
For me, since the universe is completely internal, everything we experience is God. He is ultimate reality. There are no outside influences acting on the universe. This world is a simple projection, a piece of God as he's self-identifying himself to see what he needs to evolve. Which makes reality is a brain. That makes me think maybe I'll be recycled, or maybe I'll be placed somewhere different. I'd like to come back though. I'm using The Secret to try and make my sex fantasies super famous so that one day in the future when the world can upload their brains to the internet via cranial jacks, they can experience my sex fantasies. Reincarnated me will get to see that as well.

Attached: 4FF3DC4A-FBE0-4E8E-9E85-719076AC3137.png (750x1334, 1.06M)

discord
=|+|=|451|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 11.jpg (364x440, 45K)

By joining this dogshit server 926Au9

Attached: Alter_Ego.jpg (600x600, 54K)

>cope with the Inevitability of death
That's the whole point, it's inevitable. Don't fear it, it's coming anyway. Enjoy the things you have while they last.

Be happy you get to die, be happy that at some point, all of this will be over!!!

God is a huge fucking faggot that needs to kill himself in that case.

I think back to how things were before I was alive.
The universe will continue much as it always has.

i was never alive. what is this body but a convoluted multicelluar cooperative of organisms simply doing what works after ancient refinement. it is pure wishful thinking to assume the experience of perception is any sort of higher being that i am and not just a function being performed, a function that exists simply because it can, because it hasn't been stopped yet.

i stopped caring a long fucking time ago

i used to get really worked up about death when i was younger i'd get these sweepings attacks of terror that felt like cold stinging dread in the pit of my stomach in the tingling pins of my feet and the warm flowing blood in my fingers were pumped full of so much adrenaline i felt like screaming and punching the walls

now i don't give a shit

somewhere along the way i just died inside enough to lose the feeling of encroaching death as being something to be feared, and instead now i neither welcome nor long for it i don't care at all if i die when i die or how i die it can all happen it will all happen and i have no say in anything and i don't even care if i did, i just want to sleep forever one day and never wake up so it works out in the end

sounds pretty shitty man

Occums razor. The simplest explanation and is that there is no meaning, there is no purpose, once your brain is no longer capable of proccessing sensation and information "you" are gone. The rest is semantics and it amounts to nothing. Get a hobby. This will all be over soon.

Attached: 1552967042405.jpg (1024x768, 73K)

Anticipate the relief you will feel when it's all over.
Remember that as long as you acknowledge that Jesus Christ is our Lord and Savior, you will be saved.

discord/
=|+|=|589|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 19.jpg (790x800, 62K)

the nightmare ends and we wake up

I grew up, Christian. Dying is nothing compared to hell.

The secret of the afterlife is there isn't one
we accept that the abilities of humans to process complex thoughts and feel a broad range of emotions as the result of human evolution prioritizing communication and the development of finely tuned vocal cues that would end up spiraling into our current states.
Find your own meaning anons
Find what makes you happy and pursue it with vigor

Very relaxing, member of my family always know when death was coming for them and were okay with it
My grandad wasn't feeling good one day and said "don't call the doctor call the priest" gave a confession and then died while the priest was still there

Why is death a bad thing? Why are you afraid of it?

my existence is the only thing I have

I explain death and afterlife to myself like the following:What did you feel before you were born, before your father and all his fathers before him existed. Absolutely nothing, that's what you are going to feel when you eventually cease to exist. I was never religious and I won't be unless God comes down from the sky or wherever to say whats up.

>replying to that post at the risk of another

Read "the conspiracy against the human race" by Thomas Ligotti.

youtube.com/watch?v=Rag_9J1ZC2g

You keep living in the memories of your loved ones and the happy moments you shared with them.

I accepted it
My flesh will be eaten by many creatures and bacteria, maggots will feed on my flesh and then will turn into flies, it's like a rebirth, the recycling life.
But nothing terrible, everyone will die someday, all of humanity will die someday, and all of life will die, the world strives for its own end

Attached: Papa_Nurgle.jpg (1000x603, 154K)

I seriously never understood why so many people fear death. To me, death is the only thing i look forward to, i practically salivate at the thought of being free from living. I can only assume everyone else is experiencing life way differently than I am if its something they cling to so desperately

Understand that it's a part of life and enjoy life while you can.

According to all current knowledge we have there is no proof that any form of afterlife exists. The current most scientifically plausible guess is that all your consciousness fades and your body is left to rot. If you can't cope with that or something you can find comfort in the fact that no one actually knows for a fact what happens after you die and that there's no way at all with all currently available tools to know this (and there probably never will).

Attached: 1547797050427.jpg (432x403, 31K)