Does anyone else think BJJ is just super gay?

does anyone else think BJJ is just super gay?

Attached: brazilian jiu jitsu.jpg (1600x1067, 1.1M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JzdT-kerHac
youtu.be/JibDGgJz0nI?t=290
youtube.com/watch?v=3l8jABw4sR8.
youtube.com/watch?v=3l8jABw4sR8
youtube.com/watch?v=fwn2QrSFdpE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Ya that’s why I love it :)

no, you are unique

Yes, literally same thing as fedoras swinging katanas around. yikes

ITT: Latent homosexual projection

There's nothing gay about rolling around on the floor in the loving embrace of another man.

Attached: ha.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

>Not posting the 10 hour Jewtube link

Faggot.

Lotta positions feel sexual, but you also get to learn how to 1v1 people IRL

decent looking female instructors would make millions, or would they.....

Meanwhile OP browses a board full of homoerotic men who post pics of half naked steroid junkies, rate each others dyel physiques autistically yet BJJ is super gay compared to this.

Calm down no one's judging your lifestyle choices.

Not even remotely as gay as turkish wrestling.

Might as well ask it here. I'm not sure whether to continue doing Muay Thai or start BJJ. I have ~6 months experience in MT but I'm apprehensive of training with new people due to a recent concussion in training. No experience in BJJ but it looks fun. It'll be an investment in time and money though.
I also hate the feeling of 'quitting' MT after only 6 months, but I'm nervous about further concussions.

Yeah but I'm pretty mediocre at it so I still do it

One thing that made me do grappling rather than striking is less injuries and you can go full-force in grappling without risk of injury (although of course accidents happen). I'm a working man so sporting injuries are an absolute no-go for me and grappling BJJ is great for me. I can get a great workout in with martial arts and wake up next morning with no injuries.
I can't imagine that with muay thai or striking, no way i'd continue if I got a concussion. Call me a pussy or whatever. Try it out man it is fun

Either quit or change how you train. Concussions are no joke. They destroy your abstract thinking.

I'm a teacher, so concussions will fuck me up professionally as well. I think I'll try out BJJ, thanks. It just feels good being able to punch and kick properly, I'll miss that.

Whatever happened to Asian martial arts?

Everything is Muay Thai or BJJ these days. Its pretty rare to see a Tae Kwon Do or Karate gym anymore. Is Jeet Kun Do even a thing anymore?

I miss boxing too, but what can one do? I mean, if your reasoning's damaged then what else are you really left with?

Lots of McDojos/fake gyms nowadays that just push out belts/promotions instead of the skills. I think most proper asian martial arts gyms were ubiquitous maybe a decade ago and now they are fading out. One of my friends is a (red?) belt in tae kwon do and he even says the same thing. The same dojo where he used to train got re-bought out and new instructors don't even teach the same things that he was taught, and that's why he stopped going

For the most part they've ceded territory to the more effective MMA disciplines. Judo and Kyokushin are thriving though.
Also, the majority of dojos in the world turned out to be shitty worthless mcdojos.
I've seen some rare exceptions, like a place teaching absolutely vicious, very old-school Jiu-Jitsu or another teaching Jeet Kune Do but heavy on sparring and application.
But basically what happened was that your average college wrestler or golden gloves boxer turned out to absolutely rape that mcdojo kung fu sensei who can fly, in any real matchup.

It's because they're fucking shit and they don't work in the real world. Not saying it to be edgy, it's just the truth.

I know, I've done karate and aikido. I mean, they're better than doing nothing, but if you want to learn to fight, stick to boxing or BJJ or something that isn't a farce.

Oh yeah, forgot the "this move is secret and too dangerous to practice" aikido lmao.

Maybe I was just lucky when I did TKD in my teens.

To me though learning to kick someones knee out at range is probably the most effective on the street. All this meme mat wrestling that everyone does these days is pretty much useless outside of a UFC ring.

contact sports are gay yes, that's the whole point.

>kick someones knee out at range is probably the most effective on the street
Can't argue with that. Wish I learnt a striking art when I was young.... *sip*

So just a quick note here, thais don't ever spar hard. If you hit a real Nak mauy in training too hard, he will stop and not spar you. It should be very light and playful. Fighting is for fightnight and anyone who spars too hard, eg concussions, is limiting their own growth and the entire gyms

It's not useless, but people who pretend that fights aren't usually over in a single standing strike or two haven't seen any real life fights

Asian martial arts suck including Muay Thai because Dutch kickboxing is clearly superior. Bjj sucks too but it sucks the least out of all of them. People who do BJJ are too comfortable in the bottom position which will get you knocked out in a fight. Muay Thai and BJJ are more popular because there are schools for that stuff in every town now. They're basically the closest you can get to doing a rough sports without actually doing it.
I did TDK(5 years),Karate(1),bjj(1 and still doing it),HS wrestling so I can 100% guarantee you that Asian martial arts suck. Stick to bjj and Muay Thai

Bjj typically has much more injuries, it's just that a lot of shit striking gyms wail on each other because things like boxing attract men with a chip on their shoulder and something to prove

This retard would get ko'd or subd in one round

t. retard
Yeah I guess if you fight someone on the street that stuff might work because you could just kick him in the face and the guy who works at funeral parlor will come and separate you. The guy will have a busted lip and it ends there. Someone that trained in wrestling and boxing won't go down as easily and will probably put you on your ass regardless if its a UFC ring or not.

t. did skinny nerd who did Muay Thai/karate/judo and thinks he could be an MMA fighter

Doesn't know about the oil check...
Nor about:
youtube.com/watch?v=JzdT-kerHac

Attached: oilcheck.jpg (687x864, 190K)

That's exactly what they want you to think. Learn BJJ or wrestling so you DON'T get oil checked you dumbo.

Someone thats actually trained in fighting probably won't fight on the street.

It's just the plebs that can't fight or kids that have done Muay Thai for a few weeks and think they are hot shit. Any experience with any martial art could have an advantage over them

>Not me
>You
You sound like you're living in the closet.
Bjj is way safer. You'll get bruise, broken limbs, torn ligament, hyper streched muscles, but no concussions as heavy as in MT.
>Whatever happened to Asian martial arts?
The got Xu Xiaodong'ed, litterally.
>fights ending in single strike or two.
You meant knife stab, isn'it?

Attached: 1481321976339.webm (1280x720, 2.94M)

Just do sambo (if you can find it)

mt, judo is a decent base for mma Mr. hs wressler and 1 stripe white belt

>Being around women.
Honestly a total fucking meme. Why would you spend time around those leeches when you could surround yourself with men that wanna get shit done. Just a couple of lads just dipped into a bathtub full of vaseline, and grappling up on eachother.

Honestly women are fucking gay to begin with. They like DICK and GIRLY SHIT. Butch Lesbians are the ultimate straight mans choice 100%.

i treat it as cardio, doing it twice a week. its pretty fun desu

>People who do BJJ are too comfortable in the bottom position which will get you knocked out in a fight.
Only if you're shit. You can't judge a martial art based on how literal beginners or chubby black belts who only got there because they paid the monthly fee for ten years do.

t. pulls guard after a wrestler takes him down

That doesn't make any sense.

>grappling is ga-

Attached: wrestling.png (581x315, 287K)

>Xu Xiaodong
A shame what happened to him. He is now a poster child for the new social credit system in China, being banned from high speed rail. Shit like that is why I refuse to buy anything made in China. Difficult but can be done with the exception of computer parts.

Nah, i think its pretty cool. I love when people act tough, then i choke them or put them in kimura or armbar, and they start calling me a pussy lol.

>martial art gets popular
>martial art becomes sport
>sport develops ruleset
>school teaches art tailored to sport ruleset because there's more money in competition than self defense
>art gradually becomes less effective over time

Tae Kwon Do was fucking brutally effective, but it got turned into a sport with rigid rules. Now you put sport Tae Kwon Do against BJJ and watch it get rekt and everyone begins to think it's a fake or useless art, it gets abandoned over time, schools close down. It sucks.

>Pulling guard
>After a takedown
I don't even think you wrestled in highschool

why are you mad? nobody cares that you're homosexual for rating stranger's physiques

Only bugmen could ever think that.

>Maybe I was lucky to do TKD
No if you were actually lucky you'd do wrestling in HS.

Funny thing is that TKD and BJJ together are super effective, just look at Ryan Hall's fight from last night. Self-defence is kind of important, but in reality anyone who trains to fight is far more likely to find himself in a single combat match, rather than a street defence situation. I train for sport because some dumb, drunk shit on the street is less of a threat than someone who might kick my head off in a ring or cage. The majority of serious fights are planned in advance, not random skirmishes outside of bars or in alleyways.

It annoys me that everyone thinks self-defence is the root of all martial arts. Training for a situation that may never happen, and that you can probably come out of fine even with no actual self-defence training, versus a situation that will definitely happen because you've signed up for it in the first place. The training I've done has resulted in countless injuries and a few head traumas; obviously I don't do it for self-preservation.

I think 'self defense' is just a blanket term for fighting with minimal rules.

>Whatever happened to Asian martial arts?
>Asian martial arts?
Muay Thai is from Thailand
BJJ came from Judo that's from Japan

>BJJ came from Judo
Brazilian jiu-jitsu came from Judo?

Unironically MMA

as the skill level rises, people tune in more to what (ACTUALLY) works, and what doesn't. Not to say asian martial arts aren't effective, but it's clear wrestling, BJJ, boxing, kick boxing, and muy thai are the clear stand outs in the sport.

youtu.be/JibDGgJz0nI?t=290

>literally spreads her legs for him to straddle her

Yeah how the fuck am I not supposed to get hard? Are virgins just not allowed to do BJJ.

Never used a cup, do they have non-obtrusive ones?

Attached: bjjjj.jpg (1392x739, 64K)

If you think that something other than two people of the same sex loving or having some form of intercourse with each other is gay, you’re probably closeted.

Attached: FE51C1C6-850D-4C6D-B512-3A0C9A5D11ED.jpg (2048x1024, 241K)

Yes, the founder of BJJ studied at kodokan and the only things that BJJ had that pre-2008 judo didn't were kneelocks.
Main reason BJJ was made was cause he couldn't afford kodokan teaching fees cause Brazil, so he made his own sport with the same techniques.

Yea, a while back I saw a documentary that talked of this, some judo jap dude trained some Brazilians and with time they modified it to BJJ.

It's only gay if you mantain eye contact.

t. BJJer

leglocks were banned from judo in the 30's. Ist touching the leg to throw aka leg grab that got banned in 2008 by IJF.
you gon'get tapp'd so many times a night that you won't even get hard.
yes.
Two or three main branches. Maeda for the Gracie, despite them been student of his best student only, Geo Omori for the others.
Both Maeda and Omori disliked the direction the Kodokan was giving to Judo by the time.

Attached: 1336663069245.gif (240x180, 1.36M)

Yeah, that's why judo is so widely practiced and you see a flawless transition between judo and bjj players in tournaments
Oh wait

I think fundamentally sex and violence exist within the same domain of action.

sex is merely the act of penetration for the intent of sexual satisfaction.

therefore BJJ gives you the skill set in which you obtain the ability to control someone, such that you can decide to injure/kill them (by breaking a limb, choking them unconscious, or simply beginning to hit them), or fuck them (by penetrating them)

therefore BJJ really gives you the choice of whether you wanna be gay or not

>I have had fat boners while rolling with hot girls

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-14 at 9.00.27 AM.png (384x452, 174K)

what do BlowJobJutsu players here think of 10th planet JJ? is it as effective as "regular" BJJ? or a joke

>There isn't a massive amount of crosstraining between BJJ and judo
I'm sorry you're retarded

>Widely practiced
The main reason BJJ is widely practiced is due to very good marketing by the Gracie's, not due to it being magically superior to other grappling arts such as wrestling, judo or sambo

>wrestling, judo or sambo
Why did BJJ take UFC/MMA by storm and not the above?

Come at me down here and say that bro

Attached: Fite.jpg (1205x890, 209K)

Because the early UFC often avoided bring in serious wrestlers from outside. Hulk Hogan attempted to challenge the gracies, but wasn't allowed when they found out about his catch wrestling experience. In fact if you look at the UFC in its current state you'll find wrestlers and samboists tend to be dominating the field.

The emotion you're feeling is sensuality due to skin to skin contact and awkward positions. Sensuality is essential in sexual contact and thus your mind is wandering into the gutter.

It's only gay if you get aroused and want to engage in sexual activity.

Solution: If you find yourself confused on your sexuality you may need to explore it more and probe for your limits, no pun intended.

Beyond that you can let the fear of being gay consume your life and lead you towards rage against homosexuality resulting from projection.

PS: Homosexuals can be alright; faggots who need to wave their dick around or wear revealing clothing to make everyone else uncomfortable is the problem. Also faggots who try to force LGBT onto kids and the uninterested.

Beside JJB what's an effective "wresting (don't know if there's another engish word for that)" discipline?
Something common please, don't want to pay 200 bucks per months for some obscure martial arts.

wrestling, bjj, sambo, and kinda judo

it's called grappling bro

What is ken shamrock?

I remember a judo guy in early ufc, maybe ufc4ish. He was really defensive survived a 3-4 minute clinch before he started getting hit in the head and lost.
Maybe if he had a few months of striking training it would have helped.

This.

I watched Shamrock vs Gracie last night. Jesus it was fucking boring I wish there was more proper wrestlers in MMA. Even now.

Like when the least talented Gracie aka Royce choked out a much bigger Dan Severn? GTFO here. Rickson choked out an Olympic medalist numerous times, it's on video

Are you fucking retarded?
>Hulk Hogan
He got bent over by a Machado purple belt half his weight.
>In fact if you look at the UFC in its current state you'll find wrestlers and samboists tend to be dominating the field.
Implying modern UFC, with time limits and no stomps, soccer kick or knees to a downed opponent is relevant.
To have you understand, watch Hall-Elkins and then this:

youtube.com/watch?v=3l8jABw4sR8.
and this:
youtube.com/watch?v=3l8jABw4sR8

How many times Elkins backed off from a dominant position without the public saying a damn'd thing. Hall flees 3 times in a round and they're all booing him...

Another main difference is headbutts as you can see in the link just there.

youtube.com/watch?v=fwn2QrSFdpE

Attached: 22-Fedor-Emelianenko-vs-Antnio-Rodrigo-Nogueira.gif (300x198, 3.64M)

Brazilian here. What's different about Brazilian jiu-jitsu from standard jiu-jitsu? We just call it jiu-jitsu here.

>I wish there was more proper wrestlers in MMA
You got the memory of a clown fish.

>Being able to kill 90% of people on earth with bare hands is gay
You like to suck dick yourself, dont you?

Only Chinese martial arts suck. Judo, taekwondo, kyoukushin karate and muay thai are all good bases for MMA.

BJJ is a fun physical activity that's not going to fuck up my joints too too bad.

Besides there is progression and getting belts feels great.
> inb4 belts are childish
So are job promotions then.

Compared to judo or wrestling BJJ is far more chill and less explosive meaning i'll be able to train it for decades to come.

There is a strong competitive scene in every main city and competition is very important for males.

Only problem is it costs a lot

> inb4 belts are childish
Belt are childish, less than stripe, but childish as fuck.

>So are job promotions then

Attached: 46a.png (645x729, 97K)

re-read that post, you clearly misunderstood what was being said
>not due to it being magically superior to other grappling arts such as wrestling, judo or sambo
No, it's due to its widespread use in MMA. In MMA, jiu jitsu can be used without prior wrestling experience and is absolutely necessary for survival. If you have good striking and jiu jitsu, you can do well in MMA. If you lack jiu jitsu, you will not survive. That cannot be said of wrestling, judo, or sambo, despite all of them being useful.
This also misses what I was saying, which is that BJJ and judo, while sharing a large number of techniques, are not the same art, and that BJJ cannot be said to just be a poor man's half-baked version of judo. They are different arts with different emphases despite common history and roots.

It's the same stuff, but focused completely on no-gi. In that way, I think it's more effective and more applicable, as you're never going to fight someone wearing a gi anywhere except a BJJ school.

Japanese jiu jitsu is much more traditional and regimented. They have things resembling katas, some inclusion of strikes, and ritualistic stuff like making noise when you do certain moves, bowing a specific way, that kind of shit.
BJJ is what you see in MMA. Nearly every jiu jitsu school in the US (and I'm guessing Brazil as well) is Brazillian Jiu Jitsu.

We wear jackets 8/12 months in a year in Canada. I am far more likely to fight someone wearing a jacket than not

But Matt Hughes and Khabib don't. Also Josh Barnett was pretty much given a black belt after training for a year, same with lots of other MMA fighters. It's not uncommon for BJJ federations to give blackbelts out to people who beat them. Hell pretty sure joe rogans argued that some people should get one

Hugues and Barnett are the exceptions though.
Khabib is a world class sambist raised by a world class sambist and wrestlers that decided from day one his son would be a fighter or he would kill him himself.

You're supposed to be in a combat state of mind in the gym.

they no mastered the gwuatch becuz they big and strong. helio gracie was 120 pounths and sickly he fightch againsht 300 pount monstars, he inventad leverache to defeatch bigger oponents.

Yeah I did retard
>I take you down
>you pull guard like a retard because one of the Noguiera brothers told you how to armbar from guard

How effective is Hapkido as a martial art?
Would it work in a fight or is it more of a McDojo meme art?

Bro its pretty simple:
If its from Asia don't do it because chances are its a McDojo martial art. If you've got no other option doing them is better than nothing but if I had to pick between sambo,wrestling,dutch kickboxing,bjj and on the other side of the street I had hapkido,judo,tkd,karate I'd pick the western ones. If the Asian ones were the only ones around the training you get there is better than nothing at all but if you see clear better alternatives don't waste your money

>Implying any pro martial artist hasn't been trained since childhood
Also you said jii jitsu was a necessity in MMA. It isnt. It's a very helpful skill to have, but it's not a necessity

>Sambo
>Western
>BJJ
>Western
Shoo shoo

>Russia
>Brazil