Useless degree thread. I'll start with psychology

Useless degree thread. I'll start with psychology

Attached: Unemployment-cartoon-2-.jpg (472x366, 37K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Florida
discord
youtube.com/watch?v=1xYcyI2Cbls
discord/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Useless degree thread.
computer science

>Being a mindless code monkey for a 55k a year starting salary

People fall for the consumerist meme

>Go to school for 4 years and 80k debt for a better paying job

>put yourself in shackles so you can buy more things from big daddy capitalist

why spend money and hard to work, to do grunt coding work, so you can buy more things because you are told you want them.

Why not go to the highest education institution in the world to cultivate yourself as a person and a mind. Being a worker for the sake of getting things is low IQ

I'm a male getting an Educational Studies degree. How fucked am I considering it's a primarily female degree?

>computer science

I disagree with the statement of it being a worthless degree depending on what you're trying to do. If anything you can join the military as a officer and make fucking bank will being in charge of a bunch of enlisted monkeys.

>80k debt for a better paying job

Not this user but GI bill so fuck you faggots. I was looking forward at age 17.

>get degree in psychology
>become psychiatrist
>write prescriptions for all the depressed STEM kids

Attached: Dm8q1S4WwAEa7Fe.jpg (450x437, 27K)

>POLITICAL SCIENCE

It's worthless and laughed at by those in right wing circles due to the discipline being mostly populated by left wing academics. I should've majored in geography.

What even is political science?

Economics
>t. economics major

Psychology just has to go into the right market. Try upity southern towns with lots of money. Treating kids for being gay and smoking weed. My parents sent me the therapy my whole life for just having ahdh, go where the money is and own your own business

>>get degree in psychology
>>become psychiatrist
????

If you want to be a teacher, you're not fucked. Schools really want more male teachers since lots of students are raised by roastie single moms and don't have any strong male role models in their life.

you either have to teach high schoolers, or you're fucked because you'll be accused of being a pedo for teaching middle or elementary school kids

and the normie kids will probably pick on you. so you're fucked

>mfw graduating this may with an english lit degree
haha..

Attached: IMG-0284.png (744x1311, 357K)

A pre-law degree.

Get yourself a basic bitch business job and make 40-60k a year easy. Economics is a valuable degree. You dont belong here; you're practically a normie.

My degree is sociology, thankfully I work in a stable field like accounting.

>you either have to teach high schoolers, or you're fucked because you'll be accused of being a pedo for teaching middle or elementary school kids
>and the normie kids will probably pick on you. so you're fucked
No one calls middle and elemantary school teachers pedos, delusional retard.

Biology without a grad degree

The study of political systems and thought found throughout history.
It depends on the program. My major didn't have a pre law emphasis like it coould have.

If you studied psychology you would know it does not train you to become a psychiatrist

same with physics, gotta go to grad school or you'll never get a job

You think people make 40-60k with a "business" degree? wew lad

>No one calls middle and elemantary school teachers pedos, delusional retard.
if you're a single male, they absolutely do LOL

nobody wants to leave their 8 year old daughter alone with some single old man KEK

I unironically want to teach college level students.

>Economics is a valuable degree
i ahve an econ degree from the highest ranked uni in my state

i am NEET

What state do you live in? New Hampshire?

Wew lad. 40-60k is nothing in SoCal.

I know plenty of people make 35k a year and living with their parents.

florida

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/University_of_Florida

>After the Florida state legislature's creation of performance standards in 2013, the Florida Board of Governors designated the University of Florida as one of the three "preeminent universities" among the twelve universities of the State University System of Florida.[11][12] For 2019, U.S. News & World Report ranked Florida as the eighth (tied) best public university in the United States.[13]

not trying to brag, just pointing that out as if it would make a difference. i went there because i had scholarships that only worked in-state.

if an econ degree is not "valuable" from my uni -- and it clearly isn't, since i have been NEET for 9 months with no opportunities -- it's not going to be valuable unless someone goes to an ivy league or something comparable.

I'm pretty sure I'm the only person ITT who works in finance and my degree is not in anyway finance related

You should have gone for becoming an Econ Professor. Teaching Econ seems really easy, at least with the intro classes.

Hmmm.

What was your final GPA?

2.8 GPA

fucked up on that

yeah that would require much more school
also no, i wouldn't want to be a professor at all

>Teaching Econ seems really easy, at least with the intro classes.
indeed, but i'm not a school type of person. i didn't care too much for researching the field, i just did it because it was general and thought i could get ea job with it. i had no idea what "career" i wanted. now i realize i don't "want" any job, i just want to do whatever pays well so i can retire ASAP

Psychiatrists require a medical degree. Like the one where you study biology then go to med school.

GIS is very popular but you'll have to learn programming.

Yeah, and I'm guessing that since you are posting here, you aren't a Chad.

Even the tellers/"personal bakers"at my local BoAs are total Chads.I feel more uncomfortable around them while signing up for a new credit cart than when I get my haircut.

>profit
You forgot a step

why does it seem like every major sucks ass? i have no passions in anything,i'm not a total retard, and i just want to get paid a decent amount of money.

Attached: carl.jpg (720x578, 50K)

i have studied psychiatry and i am going to med school and i am well aware :)

Engineering
>saturated market

i am not a chad. i have a semi-chad face, but i'm short and also starting to bald. i don't really care though. i had to sell drugs to afford food and rent when i was at uni, since i couldn't get a job until senior year. so i was always around a bunch of fuckers

also i am a night owl and i slept through a lot of my classes. i basically had to change majors also so i could do something with more online & afternoon classes

truth is, i only went to like 5% of my classes. i just never went. that's why i got such bad grades, i barely passed a lot of things. i didn't even know what my teachers looked like

in my business law class i didn't even know the exam was open-book and i came in and everyone had their books and i shit a brick. i got a C because of that

bullshit, shrinks earn a lot of money bro

>why does it seem like every major sucks ass?
because they do

>i have no passions in anything,i'm not a total retard, and i just want to get paid a decent amount of money.
same. you have to pick something and stick with it. don't pick a general major like me, because then you'll be fucked

unless you're a super social chad, then you can get a job easily because nepotism & connections

There's a huge uptick in college graduates due to most careers requiring a degree.
Simultaneously, job markets become saturated once there's availability and high pay. Suddenly, everyone has a 4 year degree in Business or Engineering, and there's only so many jobs in the fields.

Have you tried applying at mcdonalds unironically?

I've been sitting on this reaction image for just such an occasion

Attached: 1549826969421.png (462x381, 445K)

Sociology is a worthless degree

T. Sociology major

I don't know any out of work engineers.

Is that not a good degree?

I enjoyed it more often than not. But you need to be smart if you want to get an actual job

My dad is a computer scientist and he's making 6 pieces

you're probably just not doing it right

also
History

>because they do
Wrong, applied math related degrees are great if you like math.

no, that's a last resort if i can't get a real job. i'd probably apply somewhere else like walmart or the post office, so i don't have to interact with other people and i can just do something manual in solitude

i would really hate having to get a mcjob and serve food to normies. i quit my old job (at $18/hr, so double pay of a mcjob) because my dad told me to and insisted i could get a "better job" with "better pay" because i am "qualified" due to my degree. pic related

Attached: trusted-a-boomer.jpg (618x685, 101K)

>had two sociology professors

>one was a old fossil with Alzheimer that said .1 word a second
>the second one was a "trendy" professor that got half the shit she said wrong and trying to snark about ethnic stereotypes while reinforcing half of them

Sociology was just the most unfortunate subject at my U

>if you like math.
and what if you don't like math in general, unless it's applicable to something interesting. which, it rarely is (in the realm of getting paid)

archaeology

i don't have as many opportunities as a lot of people i work with, a lot of them have rich parents that supported them while they did unpaid internships that get them cushy lab jobs in the off season

i can work in my field in the summer but I have to take restaurant and factory work in winter and i'm definitely not advancing as fast as most of my peers

no one told me this isn't a major for first generation students but at least i make some kind of living.

Philosophy and English reporting in.

Why would you quit a job without having another one lined up? Your father is a dumbass and desu so are you for listening to him.

There are plenty of jobs and good pay in STEM but you have to be willing to move and you have to have work experience.
Just like in every other field.
Also it helps not to be a total autist.

t. Engineer

Attached: images-1.jpg (290x174, 9K)

>Why would you quit a job without having another one lined up?
many reasons
- i was miserable, my health was fucked because of overwork
- i didn't want to sign an apartment for another 12 months
- he offered to let me stay with them, for free "as long as you need"
- 25yo never been NEET for more than 2 weeks straight. went to uni right after high school. i wanted to try it (it is the best)
- never had a vacation in my entire life
- hated the job, and this evil bitch there that was trying to make my life hell (everyone else hated her too but she treated me the worst because i got paid more)
- the town i was in was terrible, a college town so rent was retardedly high, traffic was really bad (25 min to drive 5 miles to work) and wages were low as fuck
- i literally just wanted to be NEET for once. 25 years old never had time to enjoy life , ever.

i swear, if i never quit that job, i'd probably have killed myself. it was seriously a life of infinite suffering

discord
=|+|=|352|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 12.jpg (456x620, 101K)

here

also the job was illegal and i wasn't paying taxes. it should be a given there were literally 0 benefits

>- i literally just wanted to be NEET for once. 25 years old never had time to enjoy life , ever.
You are 25 and you've done nothing but go to school and not worked, all of your life has been ultra easy mode
>i swear, if i never quit that job, i'd probably have killed myself. it was seriously a life of infinite suffering
Okay mate. Do you work now?

Those last little bits irked me the most. You the problem with this generation is you really think you shouldn't have to deal with bullshit like everyone else. I don't get why you wouldn't take stable pay and free rent just because a stable paying job is "torture"

If you have no scholarly interests then you probably shouldn't go to college, since you'll never enjoy any job you would get from it.
For something like math especially you have to get the potent dopamine rush from solving difficult problems like how I do. Otherwise you won't be able to survive it without hating it.

>You are 25 and you've done nothing but go to school and not worked, all of your life has been ultra easy mode
no, i got an internship during uni. then immediately after graduating i worked full time. i didn't even walk at my graduation

i am 25yo i first became NEET like 9 months ago

>Okay mate. Do you work now?
no

>Those last little bits irked me the most. You the problem with this generation is you really think you shouldn't have to deal with bullshit like everyone else. I don't get why you wouldn't take stable pay and free rent just because a stable paying job is "torture"

the job was in a different town. to get free rent, i had to quit that job and move back with my parents. i have been applying to jobs, but i haven't gotten one

look dude, if it was up to me only, i would still be at that job (if not dead). my dad, a boomer, told me to quit that job, so i did it. i had no idea they would offer such a thing to me, i thought i didn't have a choice to live with them. apparently i did, they simply had to see me on father's day with deep, sunken eyes, balding head, miserable. well, that's what my job did to me

on top of that, the job was illegal, i was paid under the table. so, yeah. i can't even get unemployment because despite working for 4.5 years straight, full time, no vacation (also illegal). as far as the government knows, i have never worked a day in my life.

>If you have no scholarly interests then you probably shouldn't go to college, since you'll never enjoy any job you would get from it.
my scholarly interests aren't something i could really get paid to do, especially without qualifications

>For something like math especially you have to get the potent dopamine rush from solving difficult problems like how I do. Otherwise you won't be able to survive it without hating it.
i would get that dopamine rush, if it mattered. but in that sense, math is only a tool to prove something, a part of a larger argument.

but no, i don't get any "dopamine rush" from doing random math problems that serve no purpose

nobody's going to pay me to do what i like, it's that simple

"hating it" is something that i've accepted is just a part of any job. that's literally why they pay you. otherwise, you'd just do it for free

>business unless you're chad/stacey
>law unless you're brilliant
>science unless you're fine with making no money and sucking dick for a living
>arts in general
>languages unless you partner it with international relations, and are a chad/stacey
>health if you have poor social skills

>My dad is a computer scientist
underage, reported

you don't live with your parents?

well shit. i guess i just wasn't cut out to make it after all

You didn't include the part about the job being under the table and I missed that at first. It seriously is time for you to apply at mcd's

>It seriously is time for you to apply at mcd's
i'd rather not, normie. how about you fuck off? ya nigger

MechE.

Cant find work because no experience. Currently NEET

Or you can suck mommy and daddy's teat like the lazy retarded slug you are. At first I was upset you made money than me and quit it to be a dumbass NEET. But considering it was illegal money you can't even report and your credit must suck you are actually much pooer than me especially now. Also your mindset is poor because you think you are above mcwaging and that's exactly where you are.

>Or you can suck mommy and daddy's teat like the lazy retarded slug you are.
nothing wrong with living rent-free, faggot

>At first I was upset you made money than me and quit it to be a dumbass NEET. But considering it was illegal money you can't even report and your credit must suck you are actually much pooer than me especially now.
my credit is OK, nothing wrong with it. i have enough savings to pay for my food and car insurance, basically indefinitely. so i'm not worried at all about it. also it was 1/2 the median income of what my position was supposed ot give, so it was basically shit money.

>Also your mindset is poor because you think you are above mcwaging and that's exactly where you are.
i actually am above it, according to my dad, who told me to quit my job. so i don't have to get a mcjob, i can just wait until a better opportunity comes.

mcjob is terrible, fuck that

What you doing laddo?

dude holy shit you fucking pussy quit blaming your dad

you know how fucking pathetic all these posts seem?

YOU FUCKED UP
even if listening to your dad was the fuckup - you should have thought for yourself

you literally have nobody to blame but yourself you absolute coward faggot, pull up your bootstraps and get to work

holy fuck I am no doctor but this level of delusion has to be unhealthy.

Oh cool... so you know how to speak and write in English.

i have an econ degree but i'm a NEET

>YOU FUCKED UP
actually, quitting my job was the greatest decision of my life. i DID NOT fuck up by any measure

>you should have thought for yourself
and i think it was a good decision to quit my job

now, it is true, i am a NEET. does this bother me? in the moment, no, not really. but i know it can't be permanent, so i do have to get a job EVENTUALLY. and i haven't been able to get one in 9 months (well, more like 3 months of REALLY applying).

but there's nothing shameful or inherently bad about being NEET. poor? yes, certainly, absolutely, poverty is terrible. NEET? no, nothing inherently wrong with that.

i'd rather wait 6 months for a good [paying] job than jump into a shitty mcjob that pays 1/3 as much, and let it suck all the happiness and joy out of my life. fuck that

you don't have any exerience and every day gets harder to explain the gap in your employment. judging by your shithead attitude the job with the pay you are expecting won't be coming for a long, long time

>you don't have any exerience and every day gets harder to explain the gap in your employment.
what are you talking about? i have 4.5 years of work experience. technically i say i still work "part time, remotely" at my old job

how could i have quit a job, without having a job in the first place? and how could i have "no work experience" if i had a job?

yeah, because being a mccuck flipping burgers is "work experience"

the "gap" is easy as fuck to explain. i just say "i moved out of _____ town because _____" (literally half a dozen reasons) "so i can learn more skills while working remotely part-time"

i actually did work remotely part time, but they stopped sending me stuff after december. got like $2000 out of them though, exaggerating my hours by like 5x. i think they caught on

> judging by your shithead attitude the job with the pay you are expecting won't be coming for a long, long time
it's clear you're simply triggered, so i'll ignore you. you're just unhappy with your job, and you're taking it out on my: a happy NEET. haha, you bring a smile to my face, thanks for that

for you:
youtube.com/watch?v=1xYcyI2Cbls

discord
=|+|=|417|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 7.jpg (509x509, 41K)

how many interviews have you had? how many have you made a success? at best you are 1 or 1 with that job you had after college. I meant you have no experience unless you plan on working in the same field as your old job and explaining to them that you used to work ilegally. And if they decide to contact your old employer they can say you were like an umpaid intern which is basically the truth as far as what it looks on paper.
Since you are an autist I figure you would sperg out too and leave a bad impression when they ask you why you left your old job. I actually enjoy my job becase I've washed dishes and fucked with trash and all other types of shit work. Now I get paid to sip coffee and organize some exel sheets.

> Schools really want more male teachers since lots of students are raised by roastie single moms and don't have any strong male role models in their life.

Also because they're worried about putting women in rough areas. If you're a male teacher, there will probably be work for you in shit (mostly black) areas where the kids fight constantly

>how many interviews have you had?
in-person, only 3. but one was a meme company pyramid scheme (door-to-door sales)

>how many have you made a success?
zero. one liked me, but i just didn't have as much wordpress experience, and it was a wordpress position

>I meant you have no experience unless you plan on working in the same field as your old job and explaining to them that you used to work ilegally.
really, do they actually look for official documents as proof you worked there?

> And if they decide to contact your old employer they can say you were like an umpaid intern which is basically the truth as far as what it looks on paper.

unpaid intern for 4.5 years? yeah idk about that.

>Since you are an autist I figure you would sperg out too and leave a bad impression when they ask you why you left your old job.

no, actually my old job was just plain shit, and i don't say i "left" i moved out of that town and just worked part-time, remotely. that town is notorious for being bad for work, because it has a massive university there. the rent is very high and wages are very low. Wikipedia says "The city's job market scored only 6 points out of a possible 100 in the Cities Ranked and Rated guide, as the downside to the low cost of living is an extremely weak local job market that is oversupplied with college-educated residents."

> I actually enjoy my job becase I've washed dishes and fucked with trash and all other types of shit work. Now I get paid to sip coffee and organize some exel sheets.
well consider yoursel privileged that you can like working. not all of us are like that

the real problem is web dev is a very fast-growing field so most of my work experience is in stuff that isn't used very much. apparently, it would be some legacy shit. so i'll have to learn more codes to be "up-to-date"

well i have time (as a NEET) but, yeah. the thought of going back to work fills me with dread more than anything. i hate waking up to an alarm every morning

the other dude that responded isn't me, but I don't understand why you're bitching about how your dad ruined your life on multiple boards if you're so satisfied with your decisions

you can do that with literally any degree

the absolute state of computer science students

judging by this post and all the other posts by you previously you're going to want to apply at mcdonalds asap

I could try getting into university or stay neet. This has been pretty sweet so far.

>I don't understand why you're bitching about how your dad ruined your life
he didn't. i don't consider my NEETdom "ruined my life"

that's just the explanation as to why i quit my job, partially. if he never told me to, i wouldn't have done it. but ultimately i did it because i wanted to

now, i don't have a job anymore. that's a separate issue altogether. if i was still at that old job, i would be bitching about how my job is ruining my life and how i wake up every day wanting to die because of that shitty job

i'd rather just be NEET

Not that guy but I've got an economics degree from one of the most prestigious universities in Australia and it's worthless compared to something like an engineering degree.

>worthless degrees
history, criminology, political sciences, anything with art, philosophy

I got my degree in law and did a LLM in fiscality afterwards.

They LITTERALLY BEG YOU to come work for them jesus. The fiscality thing is gold. Only 2 weeks after starting the LLM I got job offers everywhere. Fancy law firms invited me to restaurants and shit, was crazy. By the end of the year, 80% of ths students had already signed for a job and the remaining 20% didn't what they were going to do yet.

discord/
=|+|=|580|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 10.jpg (464x463, 68K)

That is a very appropriate reaction image and I think you deserve a you for it.