Crunches or Situps?

Crunches or Situps?
What's your opinion, Jow Forums

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 213K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BwOtXXaYLUk
youtube.com/watch?v=9_TsNeX2IXo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Leg rises.

Dragon flags

Attached: 928c03bb-dd1a-38cd-bca3-56305af969a6.jpg (1024x1280, 100K)

Hanging leg raises

Kinesiologist told me crunches are better for your lower back and hips

Crunches are for isolating the abs and keeping the obliques untrained. For the thin waisted look.
Sit ups are for training the entire midsection but they're really not difficult enough to do much for you.
Listen to fpbp

this
crunches/situps are for dyels

More like better for his business.

just do heavy compounds you little faggot bitch

Nig-ups.

This

I mean I'm just friends with the guy, I ask him about exercise stuff every once in a while for free

for a dyel
should i just do moar leg raises, or does leg raises/crunches supaset work?

everything on a bar, l sits , leg raises, wipers

are side bends a meme?

You're bent enough as is

idgi

I was under the impression leg raises were a meme.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Mob Psycho 100 S2 - 07 [720p].mkv_snapshot_16.35_[2019.07.13_17.26.35].jpg (1280x720, 517K)

I don't have any fucking bars around where I live tho

incorrect crunch form according to this physio:
youtube.com/watch?v=BwOtXXaYLUk
the "activating your core means stretching your back by using only your abs" meme has irritated me for a while so I believe him. there's an obsession with getting rid of any lordosis that just doesn't compute. why would our spines by shaped that way if it wasn't good for something? why would only the abs be weak in people with bad posture and not their backs as well? how could only training the abs fix it?
also, anecdotally, I have a history of lower back pain and have tried to do crunches both ways and the technique in this video didn't hurt whereas "touch the ground" crunches always do.

That's a serious problem if you're trying to do calisthenics.
Can you hang rings or a trx somewhere? Put some eye bolts in the ceiling? Buy or build a freestanding pullup bar? Run to the park and kick the kiddos off the swingset?
There's a way and you have to find it.

youtube.com/watch?v=9_TsNeX2IXo

Bicycles

who was in the right here? posterior tilt, yes or no? jeff basically says, breathe out and focus on the muscles more but he uses posterior tilt, pressing the spine against the floor. in my experience this leads to pain.

Just keep doing front bends then.

Making one green and one red is kinda misleading

No worries I'm colorblind

How do I do these without turning them into swinging leg raises? I've always heard they were the best ab exercises, but fuck me if I can do them with any consistency.

ab rollouts and planks mah nigggggaaaaaa

Planks need some movement to become an actually difficult exercise. My favorite is the kind where you reach with all of your limbs one by one. No clue what it's called. For some reason ab rollouts never seem to do much for me. Could be my form is just fucked.

My go to exercises are any bottom up movements. Leg raises and the like. But there's plenty of those you can do on the floor. Bicycle crunches always get me a good burn as well.

With planks I consciously focus on pulling my knees and elbows toward each other for the duration of the hold, instantly ratchets up the intensity

Based and bruce lee pilled

Both will ruin your back. Just squat and deadlift heavy with a belt

>Both will ruin your back. Just squat and deadlift heavy with a belt
kek, assuming the squats and deadlifts won't

enjoy your tight hip flexors

>Crunches or Situps?
>What's your opinion, Jow Forums
Decline bench sit-ups with an alternating twist at the top.
Start with your hands crossed over your chest and as it gets easier start holding them behind your head.
You can angle the bench higher when it starts getting too easy.
When the bench angle is maxxed out you can start holding a small plate or dumbbell behind your head to make it harder.

You have to stop swinging lol. Try underhand grip.
You heard wrong

>Both will ruin your back
>deadlift and squat instead

Attached: 1557971935004.jpg (511x416, 41K)

fpbp