Give me 1 (one) good reason you're not learning a foreign language right now

Give me 1 (one) good reason you're not learning a foreign language right now.
If you start today, using all the free material you can find online, you can probably become a professor-grade linguist, fluent in 5 or 6 languages in 10 years. Learning a language is literally just grinding vocabulary and grammar rules until you get good enough. Like a playing video game, except you're not totally wasting your time.

Attached: [email protected] (500x540, 26K)

>If you start today, using all the free material you can find online, you can probably become a professor-grade linguist, fluent in 5 or 6 languages in 10 years. Learning a language is literally just grinding vocabulary and grammar rules until you get good enough. Like a playing video game, except you're not totally wasting your time.
And why exactly do I care?

I used to speak Indonesian really well then i realised how dogshit south-east Asia is. so i stopped learning

It requires other speakers in order to participate in conversation and become fluent
Free Resources for this OP?

I learned 3 and still feel as empty inside as ever.

Tandem

I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO LIVE BEFORE I CAN LEARN AN ENTIRE LANGUAGE MAN

I HAVE TO LEARN HOW TO LIVE

Attached: 466f1cece3dd33115502c8156e40e9df.png (1332x761, 1021K)

I learned Korean up to fluency (TOPIK 6) over about 7 years and have lived in Korea for 2 years. Never met a foreigner as fluent as I was. I learned to read the Bible in Korean and ancient texts as well. And then I realized one day that there was no point to it and I had no reason to know any of this. Moved back to the USA shortly after.

I am learning German right now as intensive course. 3 lessons a week. Goal is to be fluent by summer.

user can you please just buy a textbook instead of insisting and low-quality education

I am learning spanish to improve my door to door evangelism skills here in LA, slowly understanding more and more of what people ask my partner

because I gave up after a month and will again

Because I already know 2 of them : Russian and American. Why should I need more?

and give one reason why i should bother learning when i'm probably going to kms when my parents die

>literally just grinding vocabulary and grammar
And that's where you are wrong. Let me guess, you're an American that 'thinks' they can speak another language. Everytime people in class back then tried that strat to learn English, they fucking failed. Because you don't learn the language. You learn vocabulary and grammar. The second you start seeing the language as your own and not as a translation of your mother language, you start getting good at it. You need to know words by definition and naturally know their use, not what they mean in your native language. Same goes with grammar. You can't just 'grind' languages.

Also funny coincidence to OP pic, I was literally just on Duolingo out of boredom to refresh my Cyrrilic reading comprehension.

I want to learn Japanese. Problem is I don't want to learn Chinese, so I'm stuck. They really need to stop being cucks and use their own god damn written language.

Learn the kanas then fag, you can write anything in them and become verbally fluent without touching Kanji unless you feel it's worth it.

>tfw if I put any effort I could be speaking 5 languages right now
>instead got depressed in 6th grade and procrastinated
So much wasted time.

Attached: 1551739706658.jpg (4032x1960, 1.24M)

Can't find anyone to chat with and practice. Also finding TV shows and movies in the language is a chore. I tried using language apps but the people I match with either stop replying after a while or are just boring as hell.

Except you're stuck in flashcard hell unless you start using these languages on a daily basis.

I think the issue here is that you actually need to learn kanji to read Japanese since the fags always write in kanji when applicable

>I'm lazy
original comment

Because it's a waste of time and won't improve me or my life.

I'm learning Japanese right now. When I'm done, I'll move on to re-learning German because I forgot what I learned in high school.