The Flintstone House is a free-form, single-family residence in Hillsborough...

>The Flintstone House is a free-form, single-family residence in Hillsborough, California overlooking and easily seen from the Doran Memorial Bridge carrying Interstate 280 over San Mateo Creek.

>In late 2017, new owners installed large oxidized steel sculptures of dinosaurs, a woolly mammoth, a giraffe, and Fred Flintstone in the yard.

>The house was unpopular with some neighbors, and inspired the formation of a local architectural review board. In March 2019, the town of Hillsborough filed a complaint against the current owner of the house. The complaint alledges that the current owner's modifications are a "public nuisance" and that she did not receive the proper permits for her modifications.

Someone can sue you in "the land of the free" if they think your house is too ugly.

Attached: flintstones house.jpg (810x539, 225K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
discord/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

But it is ugly. Buildings should have to comply to some kind of aesthetic standard. When you let people build what they want you end up with tasteless eyesores like this

Shut the fuck up, soulless suburbanite.

Attached: suburbia.jpg (1000x664, 1.19M)

>he doesn't know about HoA
bruh you don't even fucking KNOW.

Those buildings are also eyesores. When I said aesthetic standard, the same should be applied to the companies that build those massive, ugly, cheap suburbs. Standards should be applied at both an individual and corporate level. But if you think somehow the design in the OP picture has merit above the soulless suburban homes, you are simply revealing your lack of taste.

OPs building has more of a soul than you.

The Fintstones House probably makes the people who live in it really happy.

this guy knows. HOA are the true scum of the earth

you can get sued for anything, retard. And there are petty, judgmental people anywhere in the world. You're fucking stupid for thinking there is a magical fantasy land where this doesn't happen or believing America ever claims to be this magic land.

HOA is often a necessary evil. It keeps niggers from shitting up the neighborhood, but they also usually go crazy with power and cite people for every little thing. My dad had a window AC unit that he used for his office room alone so he could cut down on power costs, but instead got a $50 fine and they threatened to fine again every day it was in the window.

We live in a country where you need a permit and approval from your neighbors to put a statue in your yard and it has to meet certain requirements. But if you want to create another human being you don't need a permit, don't need approval from anyone, and don't have to meet ANY requirements. It's time the government gets off its ass and starts regulating sexual intercourse. It's literally common sense.

>should have to comply

Not even American but fuck that

Attached: 1550085447494.jpg (1818x1818, 362K)

What the fuck is an aesthetic standard everything is subjective.

So glad I have a house in an hoa free neighborhood that I own. Dont have to worry about petty ass bullshit. And the neighborhood is actually pretty nice with the exception of one house that always looks like an episode of horders the part where they are clearing all the junk out.

Fuck that, it made upset and so it must be destroyed.

Hills borough is a very weathly neighborhood, You have to be filthy rich just to live there. When rich people get bored they just look for stupid shit to bitch about, and these people got the money to sue anyone over anything.

What in the fuck? You're actually forced to invest a gorrilion dollars to central air in the suburbs?

Attached: 1552427515956.png (559x566, 612K)

if i own the land i can do what i want

Attached: 5c71096815aa63006b867fa9890f29a9.jpg (1000x1429, 329K)

We had a central air unit, but it took too much money to keep running for the whole house all day, so he bought a window unit for his office, since he spends most of the day in there. He also got citations for a single dandelion in his yard, dead bushes during a bagworm breakout in the area, as well as several citations for not collecting newspapers from the driveway in time. They were fucking crazy in that area.

Did they just drive around on an hourly basis or something? Was it just old hags running it?

I never saw them, but I think there were rewards for reporting other people. The main guy was some rich real estate guy who owned a lot of the houses in the next neighborhood and rented them out. The second was this crazy, middle-aged mom who didn't do anything all day.

discord
=|+|=|756|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 16.jpg (305x473, 54K)

that's whack as fuck. i grew up in the bay area and the flinstone house is a landmark

it's just ugly though, not a fucked up dilapidated mess, and that's all that should matter.

How would you feel if the house in that image were constructed across from your home?
ah yes, what a charming neighbourhood that appears to be. Just throw shit up without regard for structural integrity or decent appearance. You've convinced me

>How would you feel if the house in that image were constructed across from your home?
Happy. It's interesting to look at. I kind of wish I lived in it.

Retard, you'd be mad. Either that or you really do have the same taste as a five year old using playdough

Why the fuck would I be mad at somebody else's house. Nigga, just shut the blinds.

It's pretty ugly, but you can do whatever you want with your land. Thst dude's neighbors can go suck a dick. Besides, the sculptures are the least ugly part of the house.

This kind of attitude is why so many places in the west have no sense of community. Everyone is a selfish pig that will do whatever stupid shit they please to the detriment of everyone around them.

If you're upset that someone else has a house they like, you're the one with the problem.

People building whatever the fuck they like with no restrictions is what is causing so many places to become ugly nowadays. My highstreet is a jumble of weird modernistic shit thrown in with utilitarian boxes and there is no co-ordination or regard to keeping a set aesthetic. It is incredibly ugly and will ruin the morale of any person that walks down it. I look at photos of how it was in the 50s and it looks like paradise. Perhaps I was just born into an era that doesn't share my sensibilities, but I think that some amount of conformity into a community actually raises people's quality of life even if some freedoms are lost.

If someone wants to construct an ugly mess like he OP image in the middle of nowhere, that's fine by me. But as the greentext states, every poor soul is forced to see that monstrosity as they pass through the interstate, which seems unfair to me

Honestly thats a pretty cool house. I don't care for the sculptures, but it's nothing that would make me run to the police like a little bitch. Imagine being a snitch because you don't like your neighbors art, thats truly pathetic.

>set aesthetic
You keep on using this term like you know what it means. Aesthetic is an individual taste, if you don't like what you're looking at, look away.

Imagine being this (((Free))) kek at amerilards

He definitely used aesthetic correctly, not you.

Aesthetic is to individual taste but that does not conflict with the user's correct assertion that many places are not keeping to a uniform aesthetic, which regardless of personal taste is an issue

Surely the owner was also awarded the Faggot of the Year grand Prize.

Attached: fagbegone.jpg (1080x1080, 88K)

>Just throw shit up without regard for structural integrity or decent appearance. You've convinced me
it's my house tho so fuck you

It's not even ugly. Fuck those people.

I hope your shitty house falls down with you inside it

discord/
=|+|=|927|=|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 17.jpg (373x287, 40K)

We are talking about the design of someone's house not whether they run a pre-tween fight club in the basement.

I wish I lived in this house.

Attached: Interior-of-Flintstone-House-2.jpg (640x427, 268K)

Depends on where you live. I lived in apartment where the average electric bill was only $50 and I had central air.

Why don't you just move to north korea where big daddy government makes all the mean people conform to moralfaggotry.

>north korea
>moralfaggotry
>north korea
>morality
??