/suicide general/

/suicide general/
all discussion of suicide related topics should go here.
>arguments for suicide
>arguments against suicide
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Ever had a loved one or friend do it?

Attached: rope.jpg (650x642, 152K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/AnonBabble

A friend of mine jumped in front of a train back when i was in highschool, sucks cause he was such a nice guy who everyone loved

everyone has a role in this world, by killing yourself you're also just playing your role and somebody will take your place anyways

lostallhope.com/

If you are going to do it do research first.

Please don't kill yourself user I love you fren in a 4ch anonymous way.

What's the method you most fantasize about, anons? I dream of going out by funeral pyre. A cleansing fire that burns away my sins.

Attached: images (1).jpg (682x449, 51K)

If something slow and painless is viable I'd like to find a spot that gives me a good view of the scenery and the eastern sky. I just want to drift off to sleep with the sunset and the birds chipping being my final experiences

Attached: 534847978000.jpg (3264x2448, 1.05M)

Suicide is done for a number of reasons. So reasons for and against suicide are based on the problems that person is facing. General arguments for and against will likely feel like they don't "get" what a particular person is going through and will seem hollow and useless to them.
And they would be right for feeling that way. No one but yourself if privy to your own inner feelings and thoughts.
The most usefull way to discuss suicide is on a case by case basis. Generalising it is counterproductive.

I used to imagine myself committing suicide and think that I wouldn't do it or I wouldn't like to do it. Now though I can imagine myself doing and being completely ok with dying.

>eastern sky
>sunset
american """education"""

>be me
>want to die
>too cowardly to kill myself

FUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKMEFUCKME

Getting killed a in a duel using melee weaponry.

That actually sounds pretty good.
I think Hagel said a man doesn't truly know himself until faced with death. Where do you live? I live in Orlando Fl. I'd be willing to be beat you to dearth or get beaten to death.

North Italy, I think we're kinda far apart.

Also I own some swords.

I want to die but always pussy out. Alcohol and drugs dont really fucking help.

I am a failure and I hope somebody manages to do the job for me. Suicide by cop seems like a pretty viable solution to my problem.

I genuinely meant sunrise sorry im tired

Attached: 1515888490722.jpg (500x375, 57K)

Jumping or hanging. Ideally I'd hang myself in some nice, quiet place where my body would never be found. I do think about self-immolation sometimes too. I like the idea of literally leaving nothing behind. But there are too many shenanigans that can happen, ranging from disfiguring failure to major collateral damage.

watching a sunset seems much more appropriate but I guess it's nice if you consider death a new beginning

If i were to OD on some kind of drug and die peacefully in my sleep, which drug should it be?

Todays the day for me anons.

Thanks to all the anons for making it a bit easier to go on these past few years. Its been great sometimes, thanks.

Its been a nice ride but its time to cbt.
Goodbye anons.

Attached: 15224153553798.png (439x500, 396K)

can you help me out before you go user?
mouse#6324
Help someone else in your situation please?
Chat to me for a little before you go I promise I will not tell you not to kill yourself.

That picture sums up my life for the past 3 years, thanks OP, saved

okay user.
I promise Im not retarded, but how do you use that link, its for discord right? sorry

just add me as a friend.
and we can chat

Don't let this cold world get you down robros! Find a constructive hobby you love and give it your all. Try to appreciate the little bit that you do have and run with it!

Attached: IMG_20190108_181945.jpg (640x480, 53K)

I'd say probably Fentanyl. If you've completely made up your mind, at least F should be painless and euphoric

I like the image you posted.
Friends are the only things that make life bearable.

Self-crucifiction as part of a giant surreal art installation, or death in battle. If I were to ever kill myself, I'd pause, make my way to Syria somehow and banzai charge whatever ISIS remnants I could find with the most potent weapon I could get my hands on, while blasting glorious military marches. Suicide should not be something you can execute on a whim. That said, suicide is treason to life and existence itself, unless your death is inevitably near (due to a terminal illness, for instance) or a crisis threatens the continued existence of our species and maximizing your potential involves self-sacrifice or euthanasia. Even then, it may not be detrimental to the highest common denominator, which is the sum of of all that exists over infinite time.

someone that I thought was a friend accused me of faking my depression/suicidal tendencies when my dog had just died and I was in a really low spot, in order to get closer to people. The ironic thing was that they'd lost a friend to suicide before. My guess is I just didn't fit their idea of what a suicidal person looks like because I am good looking and have good grades.

That guy can go fuck himself, goddamn cunt.

I've had a cousin commit suicide after he lost everything and then some to the divorce courts.

As for me, Id like to die in a way people think is an accident or something. I have a working facade of everything being fine and me moving forward in life and I don't want to crush my parents.

The collar of his bed shirt even looks like a rope. Don't let dreams be dreams, especially since life is a nightmare trip that we cannot make easily go away. Suprises me how normies are suprised when outcasts completely lose their fucking minds because they can no longer cope. I never had cope, then I'm expected to manage all of my own shit and feel bad mentally about living with my parents.

Why did you tell your friend you want to kill yourself.
When I kill myself inevitably I would tell them before I did it or not at all and just write a letter or something saying how lucky I was to have a friend like them and I no longer have internet access or something.
Would not want to make a friend feel bad ever.

Personally I'd opt to not tell anyone at all. I have a friend who got talked out of it and one person ended up calling the cops afterwards. Now he's been stuck in mental facilities for over a year and doesn't go a day without regretting he didn't go through with it.

As i see it there is no reason not to commit suicide as the human condition is to be in pain, as long as you are concious the total amount of pain you recieve is more than the pleasure you will feel and there is no way to disturb that balance

Attached: pinhead.jpg (736x484, 57K)

I am passively suicidal but not active (I have no plan that I intend to carry out, I just hope some car hits me). I go to my friends just to have someone to talk to and for company when I feel like shit and most of them are super cool about it.

>Having friends you can actually talk to and be open with
Why are you even here?

I never had any motivation in life and despite not having the courage yet, i don't find joy in life or any of my hobbies. I always knew i'd "enjoy" stupid things for a bit more then off myself due to a lack of objective and interest. I don't look bad, could say my life isn't bad, and despite having no friends, i have someone that loves me a fuckton and is obsessed with me, but even she says it's alright if i get bored of her and want to kms, just that she'll follow me as "that bullet will hit the two of us". I don't blame her. From what i got told, i know how to make people happy and give nice advice, and sometimes leave a nice mark when i pass by. She wanted to stick along. I do love her more than anything, but not enough to see a reason to be here.

I'm still thinking and researching. The method i thought about since i was 12 is to sit in a bridge in my city, take some medications that could help me die (but i don't know what would work in this situation) and then shoot the roof of my mouth (sadly the best i can get is a .38), falling from the bridge into the wilderness a dozen meters below. The view is perfect, i'd really love the sky to be grey, and with enough luck there's a train that could help too.
Altrough when i was having an anxiety episode, that person told me "if you're that tired of everything, wait for me, then we go to the top of that building, hold hands and jump. Done. Easy and perfect" and i actually like that idea alot.

But i'm not up for going yet for some reason. Even rotting, i feel like i should live a bit more. But everything is pointless and stressing already, i don't want to wait too much.

Attached: 61CJfGlXW-L._SX425_.jpg (425x283, 24K)

So what? Pain is just another bodily function, and so is pleasure. They are mere symptoms of failure and excellence rather than intrinsic good or evil. A hedonistically driven suicide is forfeit of all potential, the ultimate failure.

There is nothing courageous about raising the white flag. Without a reason to live, what is your reason to die?

>So what? Pain is just another bodily function, and so is pleasure.
user we are bodily function, pleasure and pain are both the only truths in the world
I fail to see what you mean in the rest of your post, good and evil are both subjective concepts, what is good to you? What is excellence?

Attached: Doug-Bradley-Pinhead.jpg (1000x600, 186K)

discord
=|+|--|326|--|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 26.jpg (347x424, 43K)

Just think about it, were flying around on this rock in space without a purpose, we are the same as plants and other animals. just organisms living on the surface of this rock. i picture us like worms crawling around on a pice of meat. when you an hero theres nothing to worry about. all those toughts you have right now? theyll be gone

You guys are fun to talk to, too. :p

I have a mix of a few friends irl (actually I don't atm because that cuntbag convinced them to avoid me but that's a story in and of itself), a few friends that I text, a few on discord, and you guys.

Anyone whants to talk about it, or just have someone to have a friendly chat with, i'm all ears.
Baranduin#1873

You got a point i like and your question got me thinking. I can't really say a concrete reason to die, i don't have a terminal brain cancer neither lost a fortune with a wrong stock.

But what's the point if existing is a stress-inducing experience for me without any pleasure, joy or desire no matter where i look? Not even from small things. Metaphorically it's like working full shift in a job where you don't get paid, ever. And you grow older with saddening experiences but never get even the minor pleasure of drinking a coffee.

Maybe 'despair' fits more than 'courage' indeed.

Friendly reminder that all the discord fags are fetishists who want to use your fragile state to fulfill their weird fetishes.

>Friendly reminder that all the discord fags are fetishists who want to use your fragile state to fulfill their weird fetishes.
and the others just want to manipulate you desu.

Literally only want to talk because i'm lonely.
Don't expect to speak to anyone i speak to tonight ever again.
Shit, I don't even have any friends on there.

Attached: 1467273540823.jpg (500x323, 41K)

whats your handle? lets chill dude

We are indeed function, like all else is function. You know what else is a subjective concept? We are. We demarcate objects and individuals in this continuous function, seemingly infinite yet growing and perishable. All we demarcate is finite, all that remains is not. Within each finite playing field lies infinite potential. There, the battle between being and unbeing plays out. Being is a force of creation: the manifestation of new information by interaction within its substrate. Unbeing is what entropy, the disintegration of unstable relations leading to the undoing of information, approaches. Life is a force of being. Not by any inherent trait or given moral, but because it's a prerequisite for its existence. Pleasurable are the actions that facilitate creation and preservation of existence, while danger to continued existence results in pain. This goes for all evolutionarily successful organisms, and these rules of the game are what makes life such a powerful force of being. By straying from this norm, humanity risks becoming a dead branch.

Let me put it another way: dying is easy. You let loose of the wheel and you've succeeded. Existence and its propagation is the real challenge for the existing, the only ones up to the task, that is worth living for. Suicide is self-contradictory when committed to escape suffering, because the mechanism of pleasure and suffering exists by the grace of its function that you go against.

How come no ones killing themselves by rigging up the exhaust of their car into the cabin? Seems like a really peaceful way to go.

It's a pain trying to get the 4th nail in though.

No nails required, rope can do the job.
It happens, but it requires moderate preparation, while most suicides happen spontaneously in brief moments of despair when the ratio slips. I also noticed all common methods of suicide are quite passive, because one can only subvert his will to live for so long. A question to anyone contenplating suicide: would be upset if you woke up without an arm? If so, would you really perform an action that does worse damage to your body?

>A question to anyone contenplating suicide: would be upset if you woke up without an arm? If so, would you really perform an action that does worse damage to your body?
this is retarded because you dont wake up from suicide

nembutal where?
time to take a trip to mexico?

Baranduin#1873
Sorry for taking forever to respond.

Let me rephrase that: would you bite off your tongue if you felt no pain? If life really doesn't matter to you, why not just do it? Would you burn all your money, pull down your pants and piss on your friends while singing the nazi anthem with a dead raccoon between your teeth?

You say that existance itself is admirable, but really there is nothing about our struggle against enthropy that is admirable unless you assume so, evolution has banished as to hell on earth, only mechanism by which our species could propagate itself is the constant search for relief in the face of pain, we are only puppets to this system, we are never satisfied because our pain is too great and unending and the search never stops. Only the most intelligent life forms have realized that a true relief is only death, the continuation of existence is not difficult as you say, its the most primal instinct to search for bliss when punished, "letting go of the wheel" as you described it is not easy, its a decision made in spite of the system we are in. And in my eyes, this mechanism thay we speak of is making a fool out of us.
>Suicide is self-contradictory when committed to escape suffering, because the mechanism of pleasure and suffering exists by the grace of its function that you go against.
But thats wrong, if the mechanism only exists by the grace of the function then killing the function also ends the mechanism, its linear logic not contradiction, i fail to see the contradiction as the goal of suicide isnt pleasure but lack of both bliss and pain.

Attached: 35478571--r70225--t1541535520--sa2eb--doug-bradley-pinhead-hand-signed-10-x8-photo-good-condition-al (239x300, 62K)

I don't have time to talk about it since I'm about to head to work. I was once very suicidal and came inches from dropping off a twelfth floor window sill. I pulled out of it by finding people who gave me a purpose to wake up in the morning. I don't mean a girlfriend, but realizing that friends and family actually do want to see you be happy and alive. I still struggle with bouts of depression but I'm much healthier than I used to be. Focus on those who love you, they really do exist.

This is retarded, why are you comparing suicide to things that have absolutely no aspects comparable to suicide?