Tell me about your father

Tell me about your father

Do you have a good relationship with him?
Did he pass some legacy to you?
Did he influence your path in life/chosen profession?
Do you respect him?
Have you even met him?

I have a theory that this whole of this board has some sort of daddy issues

Attached: lg_57a261e7-0024-46dd-a16f-7c860a771fd0.jpg (686x487, 47K)

Oh I have daddy issues alright. My dad was a protein bar salesman (he had his own range of protein bars that he sold) and was a huge fitness guy so with me being into videogames and other less masculine stuff he always hated me and tried to humiliate me. For example he sold his protein bars to gyms to stock in their vending machines and a few times he took pictures of my naked body, and used them on the protein bar packaging. When nobody bought the bars with a skinny skeletons chest he started yelling and blaming his 'pussy son' for failing him. and deducted my allowance. He also used to hit me for no reason just to show how weak I am. He died of a stroke which was funny to me, as he was so into fitness.

Attached: hungry.jpg (1600x2160, 216K)

>he took pictures of my naked body, and used them on the protein bar packaging
Dafug?
I hope he atleast left you a reasobable amount of money.

>I don't trust him
>No legacy at all
>In several negative ways
>I barely respect him
>Yes, he's been in my life for its entirety

Mine was just the generic abusive father. My mom divorced him when I was really young and he's never been in my life. I can barely even remember what he looked like

my father left when i was 3 and i'm fine with that so stfu

My dad is alright I suppose. He gave me a lot of freedom and saved me from my fucked up abusive mom. He worked a lot and got home really late, so I had to take care of myself during the teen years. He drank a lot and was at bars, so I had to take care of him as well. Now it kind of sucks because the only thing I can really do to spend time with him on his off days is drink and its kind of sad. Ive also done some drugs with my dad and I often times wish I had a normal family. He did get me into outdoors stuff like hunting and fishing and I enjoy getting to share that with him.

I definitely think the whole parental unit fucked me up since they both hated each other and never were together after I was born. Ah well, it made me quite independent to the point of it being a flaw.

tldr, he isnt that bad and he tried his best. Can't fault him for how he is. pic related me and him on a salmon fishing trip,

Attached: 1522359553175.jpg (817x740, 186K)

>Do you have a good relationship with him?
I don't know him.
>Did he pass some legacy to you?
A genetic predisposition to alcoholism
>Did he influence your path in life/chosen profession?
Not really.
I mean I do everything I can to not be a worthless piece of shit like him, but I doubt I'll ever have the chance to be a father anyway.
>Do you respect him?
no
>Have you even met him?
no

I haven't talked to him since last year. He is just an average Italian looking shitskin dumbass who think he is good at something despite being a useless piece of shit. All he does I can do better despite me being half his age. He might have some experience but no common sense. This is just so wrong. The parents are supposed to teach the children not the other way around.

>On the surface yes. Sometimes I feel like he is my best friend, but low key I feel like he hates me sometimes.
>While he went from a poor village in Pakistan to making $150k+, so maybe I guess so. Also he seems to be a rather moral and selfless person, but has a bad temper. Something I am not.
>I am a fucking NEET
Do you respect him?
>Yes he is probably the only person whose opinion matters to me.
>Have you even met him?
I see him everyday, but I feel though he should and parented more and that he often works more just to avoid is family

Not really, (don't know him)
Nothing
No
>Do you respect him?
No
>Have you even met him?
We live together but never really ever interact

No, he lives in another city and apart from one brief period we didn't see each other since he left at age 8.
The opposite, he stole my mother's business when he left, leaving us penniless and in destitute for years.
For an aforementioned brief period I worked manual labor at his company (usually assembling bus stops) and I guess I'm more welcoming toward working with my hands.
>Do you respect him?
Surprisingly I do feel certain fatherly connection, yet I'm quite bitter at him still.

Dead when I was a baby
Nope
Nope
>Do you respect him?
Yep
>Have you even met him?
Nope
>I have a theory that this whole of this board has some sort of daddy issues
The whole board has anxiety and depression issues, which has strong links to early childhood development

Obviously. Any decent dad won't raise their sons to be trannies or neets.

found my dad lying down dead one morning when i was eleven. never been same since. i feel like im living someone elses life. now im in my twenties just waiting to die. too much of a pussy to kill myself

My dad is ultimately a good guy. Sadly hes not much of a role model because he doesnt know how to talk about philosophical matters like meaning of life, passion or feelings. He's quite straightforward in his approach to life but also very doubtful about himself.

Shit, same here. Father bounced when I was young, about 10. Hear through the grapevine he's still a sack of shit, so I can't even rekindle a real relationship. What a waste of potential. Just try to move forward with my life and enjoy the good people who actually stuck around. Wish I had had a real male role model growing up, but I didnt, so I just turned into my own independent person.

Attached: 1552919661123.jpg (442x702, 42K)

I still see him twice a year or so.
He always did shit on computers and I watched. I used to play videogames with him all the time.
When I was 7 or so, my father had a fight with my mom. It escalated to him holding her head in one hand and punching her with the other. I tried to stop him, talk him out of it. Ended with me, splattered with drops of my mother's blood on my face and clothing running to the neighbors to call the police. The divorce wasnt even really fair. We had to buy out the rights to live in the apartment for around 10k$ which is around 10 monthly paychecks in my country. We were poor well into my teen years. I never really learned when something is a jest and when there's an actual argument, since the fight broke out from simple banter, so nowadays I get really stressed even when I know people are just mean as a joke. Violence triggers my fight or flight real fast, mainly sending me into panic mode.
I also withdrew from real life stuff and spent all of my time playing videogames.
It's complicated. On one hand, my mother can be a cunt, but he went too far. What really scares me is that day by day I see him whenever I look in the mirror. I inherited shit genes, similar shit interests me, my career choices are the same.

>it was on and off. Some days he was nice and other days I was downright scared of him. He was extremely unpredictable cuz of his BPD and would make me cry and hit me so i would try to run away if he was chasing after me. I remember once when i got sick of his yelling and i yelled at him back. He didn't like that so he chased after me until we got to the middle of the cul-de-sac. He then used my hoodie to cover my face and then push me face down on the concrete while yelling at me. I could barely breathe and I was fortunate enough to get out of his "chokehold" and run to my mom. A neighbor saw what happened and then called my mom and my dad said that I was being crazy and that he had to "control" me. I hate him so fucking much.
I guess he tried to teach me sometimes but he would just yell at me if i had a hard time processing what he was saying and then tell my mom to take care of "her child" even tho im related to him by blood.
No but I took up boxing so one day when i see him again I will sock him in his fucking face
Do you respect him?
no
Have you even met him?
yea my mom didn't divorce him so i had to see him

Attached: 1550038445052.jpg (789x750, 91K)

Thought I hated my dad growing up because I was an edgy cunt who hated everyone. When I became an adult I realized how much he did for me and how much he cares. We have a better relationship now even if I don't see him much.

Wow, seems like no one here had a truly great father figure growing up. I guess it explains a lot
>It's okay, we don't act like best friends or anything but we don't hate each other, we do help each other out a lot when needed - I tend to help him with his clinical research and anything that requires writing, and he helps me by being my dependent amd provider, and he tries his best to help me make connections
>Yes, so much so that it scares me that I won't be as successful - he makes six figures, he's so well liked at the hospital that he never had to interview for a job in at least 30 years; people chased him instead, he's been the president of a few of my state's nursing organizations, and he published one of the first research papers suggesting lorazepam as a treatment for epilepsy (and it's now one of the most well-known and used treatments for it)
>Yes; I knew what things like a subarachnoid hemorrhage and a cranial aneurysm were before I learned middle school math, and one of the things I memorized when I was young (like 7 or 8) were each of the 12 cranial nerves and their functions, even though I couldn't actually pronounce most of them; naturally now I want to do nothing else but medicine
>Yes, deeply. He's essentially my role model in everything that isn't relationships, and he's a big reason why I've gotten to where I am, without him I'd be nothing. He was the one who taught me about the value of connections, and by following his advice, I'm probably set to publish around 3-5 experiment-based research papers before I graduate college. I do wish he was a person I could've gone to to learn about relationships; he's not a good husband besides being a great provider and as a result him and my mom spent the last 25+ years in sort of a cold war limbo and let their relationship slowly deteriorate over time (so now I'm scared of relationships and marriage) instead of having to learn everything from places like here.

Attached: 12-pairs-of-cranial-nerve.jpg (600x448, 59K)

He's a moron, fat, and a beta cuck. I will also never forgive him for having me circumcised at birth.

My father had me when cheating on his wife and I have never met him or even talked to him on the phone.
He is a wealthy buisnessman and would sometimes send me money but but I resent him greatly for not wanting anything to with me. He never even gave me a birthday gift or anything like that, only money at irregular intervals of time.
I think he is very pathetic and I do my best to be nothing like him.

Attached: 1540646798148.jpg (1280x1280, 113K)

I would like normies to leave

Attached: 1551717392332.jpg (720x696, 56K)

we don't have a bad relationship, just not anything worthwhile
thats my issue, my dad has never given me that fatherly support that a mother can't offer, and never really makes any sort of attempt to connect with me, not that i care at this point anyway
absolutely, he made me realize exactly what i don't want to become
>Do you respect him?
i wish i could, it's not a matter of not respecting my father because im some edgy kid that wants to rebel, it's that there's nothing respectable about him, never really had that male influence role-model in my life
>Have you even met him?
yeah but he's been away for a lot of my life as his job forced him to work abroad and in other cities where he would stay and return every few months or so

i believe a strong male role-model, alongside the love and care of a mother is what's essential to raising a child and providing a balance of influences. i never really had that from my father and i believe that's contributed to me being the way i am

He was basically a redneck and he tried to be a good father but he was more of a provider than a father figure to my brother and I
Since he's always worked so many hours a day doing mundane shit as a garbage man, I never wanted to work like him.
I respect him a lot even though he's extremely ignorant but it's not his fault he wasn't educated
Yeah I kinda do. My mom has always taught us to hate my dad since we were kids but now I see that he's just kinda dumb. I feel bad for him more than anything. Unfortunately he couldn't teach me a lot of shit normalfags dads taught em cause I'm on this shitty board right now

Attached: C2EF9B74-E67B-486E-B31B-35F20CDCDFC1.png (256x255, 10K)

I would say I'm more of a cyborg; I'm still a KHHV 5'4" hapa (SEA, Indian) skelly dicklet manlet who's never been even slightly close to being in a relationship or socially successful or charismatic in general. The only reason why I can make friends is because I know a fair bit about a bunch of different hobbies and am a good listener, and I'm good at acting laid back and professional. I'm literally only successful in the areas I talked about, and it was largely due to my dad's efforts, so I have to mention them just to show how much I actually owe him.

My dad is a convoluted mess with layers.
First of all he is emotionally clingy, sometimes I don't even think it's love it's just that he wants people around him. But then he pushes people away or complains if he isn't able to control them. I think he wanted me to be different, way different. He never told me I am great or that I should do what I want to do, in fact in some aspects we couldn't be more different. After I turned 18 I guess he completely gave up and to this day I'm nothing more than a pathetic slacker to him. He never supported me in anything, he never showed up to the important stuff in my life or even to simple shit like showing up at the churchplay because "duhuh I don't wanna".
Ironically though, the reason to really hate him is his flawed attempt at being alpha. He basically gets 90% of life done because he makes others carry out his garbage, yet he berates others for being either lazy or wanting to push others around.
I have a good relation to him on the surface, we are basically buddies when he isn't completely shitting on me, but he often pisses me off so hard that I just leave him again. Behind the walls I don't think I love him at this point.
Shortly said he's an egoistic selfish asshole. I have even more cramped feelings for him but I don't know at this moment, I'm surprised this makes me seethe so hard all of a sudden

I have a good relationship with him, he's done really well in life and always pressured me to join the same career path (computer engineering) but I don't think he minds what I chose instead (econometrics/possibly finance.)
I know when he dies I'll inherit a large sum of money but I'm really not looking forward to when that happens.

My dad is chad who thinks he's the greatest and wisest man on planet earth because he had a hard life. I hate him.

stfu fucking normie

cyborgs would kill to be you

hes a narcissistic ocd hoarder that has never given a fuck about anything other than his job and collecting bullshit. no one likes him

how am I a normalfag (the actual term, not the diluted "normie" form)? I just had a great dad who helped me gain some success in science, but it's not like I'm a Nobel laureate or anything, and I'm pretty much deficient in every other area of life, especially socially. I would basically be your average /sci/ poster.

bro ur fucking cringe stfu normie ok

ok, but can we talk in person later? maybe we can do it while flying kites at the park

Emphasized the importance of some things that have served me well like learning to write properly and how to conduct yourself when doing business, but he was a bit of a hoarder and way too trusting of "get rich quick!" and "multi-level marketing! schemes; I'd say I learned work ethic more from my mom because she had the grit to pull through and find work to cover the financial shortfalls caused by my dad's terrible investments while raising me and two siblings. I'm thankful that I learned work ethic from someone and we managed to stay in the same house through my childhood, though now I'm in a spot where I have some money to invest but no idea what to do with it since I'm too paranoid of losing it all. I was also always embarrassed to have friends over as a kid because the sales materials and junk merchandise from those marketing schemes would always be strewn all over the house.

My dad spent most of his career in sales but we got our first computer in the house when I was young (early-mid 90's) and I took to it immediately, my folks weren't technically adept but I took an interest in programming early on and now that's what I do for a living. I'd say I get along decently with him now though it's still easier to talk about deep personal subjects with my mom, I can go catch a beer with him but I think there's always going to be certain things I'll never be able to tell him.

Yeah my dad is pretty cool. I'm proud of him. He's going to leave me like 400k in inheritance and his summer cottage. Guy isn't onions at all. Skiis in the winter, goes to gym 2 times a week as 70 year old. Biggest mistake he did is having me as so old. (he was 46) and he talks about having drinking most of this money before like age 35. He would have been much richer if he hadnt drank all his money. Well he managed to turn things around. I have 70k saved up as 25 year old and don't really enjoy drinking that much these last few years.

>No emotianal baggage from having a shitty father
>Still not a normie
lmao ok

Normie scum get out now

Why do people feel the need to [not so] humble-brag on an anonymous image board?

Hell no
No, after he inherited his father's property he sat on it all his life, doing fuck all aside from paying the bills, which were offset by the second fucking house on the property being rented out. Once I moved out they decided to sell the fucking place and move, so they can blow all the money they got from it on traveling and drinking (nearly $1M from property sale)
Other than not wanting to ever become an alcoholic, no
>Do you respect him?
I'm going to celebrate and buy a cake when he dies, then shit on his gravestone.
>Have you even met him?
I wish I hadn't

>Do I have a good relationship with him?
Not really, he was always the hyper political, "LIBTARDS ARE RUINING THIS COUNTRY FUCK YOU FOR THINKING WE SHOULD RAISE THE MIN WAGE TO LIVABLE STANDARDS" type of person.
>Did he pass some legacy onto you?
Not really, everything he does, I don't want to do with my future.
>Did he influence your path in life/chosen profession
He sorta changed my path in life by being a dickhead. He taught me to be a kind selfless person or the only people who would ever love me would be my family, but even that love is sometimes waning.
>Do I respect him
Not really, I barely listen to him anymore as he believes he's this amazing gift from god to make the world a better place or something. He also has that, "I'm better than everyone" mentality and its just so annoying to hear every time someone pisses him off. So no, I don't really respect him.
>Have I ever met him
Yes, he was in my entire childhood life

Extremely low self esteem

I do have some emotional baggage from him though, just not from the "how to succeed in life" area like most other people here. Mine come specifically about relationships and intimacy, discipline and work ethic, and just in terms of the way I think.

My dad, as successful as he is, never really tried to instill any sort of firm guidelines on me because he thought I was smart enough to figure them out on my own. I really wasn't, and as of now I still have very little discipline and work ethic, and it's carried over to a bunch of areas in my life, and have profoundly hindered my development in areas I can't cover up with my academic ability (such as diet, exercise, and socializing, professional or not), and since I was born with a cardiovascular anomaly in a family with a history of cardiovascular disease, I'll probably die fairly young.

His inability to have a good and compromising relationship with my mom (and their current divorce which will likely make him lose 1 million plus dollars. and our house) have made me deathly scared of love, intimacy, and growing up in general, and have, combined with my lack of knowledge about those areas and my numerous physical and health-related flaws, essentially rendered me undateable. My actual household wasn't the best place to grow up in because of the gradually worsening cold war between my parents (which would sometimes turn violent with slaps and thrown objects and occasionally waving a baseball bat around), and besides my ability to act professionally in certain places, I'm essentially just a big child in mindset, which makes itself most evident when there's no one around.

I haven't grown up at all and probably never will, and I feel like I have to compensate for that by chasing the same sort of success my dad has. The only difference between me and others like this is that I've somewhat succeeded, but I'm still nowhere near my dad.

>He also has that, "I'm better than everyone" mentality
>"LIBTARDS ARE RUINING THIS COUNTRY FUCK YOU FOR THINKING WE SHOULD RAISE THE MIN WAGE TO LIVABLE STANDARDS"
I've noticed there seems to be a strong correlation between these two things, it's like people think they could be billionaires if not for all those pesky regulations that keep their boss from stepping on them more than they already do

Neutral. Live with him but never interact.
Nothing good. Beta behaviour, servitude, poverty.
No.
In a way. He got laid off. I'm unemployed. But that's not relevant.
>Do you respect him?
No.
>Have you even met him?
Yes.

No. I want him dead and buried.

Only an addictive and depressive personality.

Yeah, he fucked me up so bad that now i want to be a therapist

>Do you respect him?
Not at all. I just treat him not violently or just ignore him bc i want his money on the will

>Have you even met him?
Yeah, grew up with him. Wish i didnt

At least i do

I was the user whose father told me as a kid that he became a crack addict bc he regretted putting me into the world

I must say I don't browse Jow Forums too regularly and don't really consider myself a true robot, but here we go.
I'd say so. We get along pretty well and are interested in the same things: Guns, hunting, farming, outdoor stuff, etc and think alike.
He does get angry at me when I half-ass something, but I would list that as a good thing. The only other real problem are my political beliefs. They're pretty much the same as his, but only a little more extreme when it comes to personal freedom, property rights, self defense and firearms.
Well, he's still alive, but he taught me pretty much every practical skill I know, from woodworking to fixing basic mechanical problems to shooting and hunting. I also have his antipathy for laziness and entitlement.
I'd also mention the no-nonsense way of thinking and solving problems as a vital thing I've learned from him.
>Did he influence your path in life/chosen profession
Most definetely. I also want to become a farmer like him. He exposed me to the kinds of adventure the world holds and awakened an urge to explore it in me. You know, doing cool shit like going down a river in Alaska.
>Do you respect him?
As you might be able to guess, yes. The man doesn't take shit from anyone.
>Have you ever met him?
I see him every day.

Attached: 1537513132820.png (624x951, 891K)

Met him once when I was 10. Have talked to him on the phone a couple of times in the last decade. Don't really care about him. He's a jobless loser with autism.

My father is objectively good guy. He was always the one who brought money to our family and he did not beat us or anything like that.
I hate that guy tho, he is a fucking robot and so am I. He has no idea what is socially accepted or how to treat other human beings.

my father has always been my role model, never got into trouble, married when he was economically stable, had me after marriage, owns a pretty damn good house and two cars, has always been working at management, been married for 27 years now.

But, recently he asked me for help about some mobile data configuration for his cellphone, and to my fucking surprise (he probably doesn't know the data management option shows the most used apps) his biggest data consuming app is fucking Grindr, i was fucking shocked and frozen before he came back to me, i quickly did the stuff and gave the cellphone to him, but didn't told him or my brothers anything.

I feel fucking bad, i don't hate gay people, but the fact that he's been married for 27 fucking years, and he's my man role model and now finding out he's been probably cheating on my mom and also probably has taken it up his ass makes me feel so fucking conflicted. Anyone with the same issue? how did you handle it?

Fuck no
No
No
Never
Yes

Thanks daddy for molesting me at age 6

Attached: final_5c542a99ef9d070014f68f86_738467.jpg (1280x1280, 223K)