A day in the life of machine shop shipping/receiving

>5am
Wake up, get showered and dressed, drive to work
>6am
Clock in, take the truck that gets parked in the shop every night and drive it out to its spot
Get myself some coffee
Do the previous day's time card entries
>7am
>$22 earned so far
Start taking inventory of all the bits we currently have, which ones need re-ordering
Someone needs help with something so I go help them out
>8am
>$44 earned so far
We received a pallet full of various cuts and types of metal, get the purchase order and begin checking each item off
A few items don't match, set them aside and mark them, let the purchaser know to order what was missing
Mark each piece of metal with identifying numbers so we know which job it goes for
>10am
>$88 earned so far
Get told that there's an order waiting for pickup at the metal company a bit south
Get in truck, old 95 1-ton flatbed
Plug address in to GPS, I've been there before so I don't need it but curious how long it will take me
Leave a not at my desk that I'm out for a pickup if they're looking for me
Only has a radio so I turn music/podcast on my phone and put it in the cup holder for maximum amplification
Get on the freeway and cruise down to where I'm picking up
>12pm
>$132 earned so far
Get back from delivery, hop on the forklift and unload the pallets from the truck
Check in the items we received against the paperwork, let the people who'll be using the metal that their pieces have arrived
Help them get their pieces moved if they need it
Oh look some Fedex/UPS dropoffs, open those and check for accuracy, mark them off on the purchase orders
Bring items around to whoever the items are for
>1pm
>$154 earned so far
Continue the inventory I didn't finish this morning, it's okay because it was just secondary work
Submit the spreadsheet of items to purchasing
>2pm
>$176 earned so far
Looks like the crate came in for the $40,000 mould we were making, time to crate the mould up for shipping to Canada
>4pm
>2 hours Overtime
>$238 earned
Questions?

Attached: 126662-2.jpg (720x540, 80K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>5am
>Wake up, get showered and dressed, drive to work
Shower before bed and keep your clothes ready before bed. Sleep longer.
>Questions?
Just a comment: my job is way better than yours and your days sound miserable.

Attached: 1551221857008.gif (511x512, 105K)

Sounds nice! Is your schedule repetitive, or is it different every day

>Shower before bed and keep your clothes ready before bed. Sleep longer.
Because I sometimes wake up drenched in sweat and need to wash it off, also having a shower helps me mentally wake up in the mornings and I feel that is overall more valuable than the extra 15-20 minutes of 'sleep' I'd get
What's your job? I imagine we enjoy different things, I'm coming from 2 years of an office job with 1 of those working from home and I'm glad to be back in an actual work environment
For the most part what I posted is a typical looking day, I'm also an apprentice machinist but that's when I have nothing else going on in the day and someone has time to let me stand by them asking questions all day

Attached: 20140603_121946.jpg (1024x768, 334K)

Do you not shower before bed as well then? If not how is your bedding not completely covered in oil and grime and sweat? Unless auto-lubrication in bed is a feature not a bug.

>Because I sometimes wake up drenched in sweat and need to wash it off
Don't be fat; get a proper AC.
>also having a shower helps me mentally wake up in the mornings and I feel that is overall more valuable than the extra 15-20 minutes of 'sleep' I'd get
Okay, fair enough.
>What's your job? I imagine we enjoy different things
I'm an accountant and payroll manager. It's not that the work is enjoyable (I wouldn't find any work enjoyable) - more that the place in which I get to do it makes for a more fruitful day than yours. I work with 8 women who wear skirts and jiggle their asses around all day, physical contact all day, friendliness all day, etc. After that I couldn't ever imagine working in some run-down morgue looking place counting inventory with a bunch of ugly men who look like gas station drunks.
That's a good point. Since I always shower before bed (which is why I recommended it to him), I know my bedsheets are always clean (plus I change them often). If he only does it in the morning, he`s just lying around in the filth he brings home.

I imagine it get's covered in oil and grime and sweat but I wash my sheets weekly. Even if they are a bit grimy that's another reason for a shower in the morning. Even if I showered at night I'd still sweat in my sleep

why would they pay you 22/hr if you're not doing the skilled shit
who gave you the job

>Don't be fat; get a proper AC.
Why would I run AC all night? I have a fan that I can point to my bed if I want it to but that just becomes a battle of hot and cold throughout the night
>I'm an accountant and payroll manager.
I just couldn't do what you do, the time I spend entering in time cards for the previous day is alright but I know it's going to be over soon so it's bearable
>I work with 8 women who wear skirts and jiggle their asses around all day, physical contact all day, friendliness all day, etc.
I have a girlfriend so I don't care too much about getting exposed to ass and titties all day, but we're all also friendly with each other so it's not like we're missing out on the social side. If you think your day is more fruitful because you get to creep on the occasional leg doesn't add up.
I found the job on indeed, did a quick phone interview with the owner, told him I smoked weed in case they drug tested and I didn't want to waste his time, he said as long as I don't come to work stoned he doesn't care what I do on my off time. Went in for an interview with 3 of the bosses, had a good time, got an email back same day with a job offer. The wage seems high but I live in a major metropolitan area so it's low-mid tier pay. The biggest benefit is the overtime hours as my previous job as a shipping manager had me at salaried and I was answering emails throughout the day never really 'off'

You make all that as an apprentice? Where? I'm thinking of applying for a working visa for the US. Not even a fully qualified 30 year experienced machinist would earn that in the UK. This country has no respect for tradesmen even though theres some really handy guys like me around. No wonder we don't make shit anymore

>I work with 8 women who wear skirts and jiggle their asses around all day, physical contact all day, friendliness all day, etc.
Enjoy the @metoo 20 years from now after they've become hags

>Because I sometimes wake up drenched in sweat

Because you get drunk when you get home due to your braindead job

I work at a company that provides tools for companies like Boeing or Nasa. The apprentice part of my job is mostly on the side and that pay is mainly for a shipping/receiving clerk who isn't a grumpy tard

Nah I don't drink, tastes bad and my dad was an alcoholic but I live in a legalized weed state

My rent is 2k/month.

Think I'll pass.

>Why would I run AC all night?
Because you wake up in sweat and because you permeate the place with the filth you bring home and don`t shower off of.
>I just couldn't do what you do
Fair enough.
>I have a girlfriend so I don't care too much about getting exposed to ass and titties all day, but we're all also friendly with each other so it's not like we're missing out on the social side. If you think your day is more fruitful because you get to creep on the occasional leg doesn't add up.
I have a wife so I don't care too much about getting exposed to ass and titties all day, but when it's part of a larger parcel of hour-to-hour friendliness and relaxation, might as well mention the perk. We can come whenever we want and leave whenever as long the work is done, no one is bureaucratic, we feed each other all day, the boss is always connecting with everyone personally and asking what they want help with, the women are always helping each other change their semi-dirty buttplugs out in the open, etc. In other words, I don't have to really think about what's bearable because other than 2 days during month-end procedures, it's totally stress free.

No.

Attached: niggerhonk.gif (607x609, 754K)

How much moving do you do in an average work day?

Just 1 hour of running after work (3 days a week) and maybe 1 hour comprised of light moving over the stretch of the actual working window, the latter of which I would consider insignificant. Why?

Do you have a standing desk or are you sitting that entire time

Other than the ~1 hour comprised of light moving over the stretch of the actual working window and other than the 1 hour of running after work, sitting.

I'm just getting an image of the fat HR payroll woman at every company I've worked at

It's something that happens when you have a job in an industry that creates wealth.

If the position is vacant, they're not making money, so they'll pay enough to keep it filled.

Our HR lady actually is fat. Difference is she's not a bitch like everywhere else though - she's even part of the buttplug changing community every Friday.

Washington state?

Orange juice

Yea, love dem mountains

Attached: copy7.jpg (2656x1494, 1.38M)

That sound like hell, having to work with women is fucking terrible. Are their periods all synced up as well? You have to always watch what you say because you might hurt their feefees and they'll file a complaint with HR. They always waste time talking about mundane shit and when they make a retarded suggestion you have to carefully explain to them why, although that's a great idea, it won't work in this case. Fortunately there aren't many women in engineering. Of the 6 female engineers I've dealt with, only 1 of them really knew what she was doing. She was a very masculine woman though.

Where do you live and how are you paying for it

discord
=|+|--|338|--|+|=
.gg/Bsyufq6

Attached: 8.jpg (564x567, 103K)

Fuck off retard
origamooo2