Get wagecuck office job

>Get wagecuck office job
>Seems OK at first, pay is shit but at least it isn't degrading or stressful
>Everyone seems friendly and eager to be my friend
>Turn down requests for social media/phone number, explaining that I like to keep personal life and work life separate
>People react as if I insulted them slightly
>Invited to 'get smashed' with office at a hotel on the weekend
>Politely decline, saying that I don't really like getting drunk
>Since then everyone has started to freeze me out of conversations and stopped inviting me for lunch
What the fuck is wrong with normies? I was getting on really well with them and made it clear that I liked hanging out with them, I just don't want to get into a situation where the person responsible for disciplining or firing me is someone I drink with on weekends and facetime. I just want to be able to get along with them 9-5 and then forget they exist for a few precious hours.

Attached: 526a769c7a4507929583b124e27b71ffe00344f0_full.jpg (184x184, 5K)

>new work mates try to get to know you
>"I like to keep personal life and work life separate"
>work mates stop talking to me
>OP acts upset

Lad you basically told them all to fuck off, they want to get to know you a bit because they will be spending 40 hours a week with you , now your just that "weird new guy" who wont talk to anyone

pretty much what said. shoulda just given out number and said you dont have social media. theyre not going to bombard you with text everyday just maybe ask if youre eating out or brought lunch of something once in a while. i understanding not liking getting drunk but shoud have made a quick appearance or its obvious people will not invite you. it sucks but its society/work culture. i also find this to be a bigger part of shittier jobs as they need to unwind together

ITS A SHITTY OFFICE JOB WHY ARE YOU ACTING LIKE YOU ARE ALL HIGH AND MIGHTY LOL Jow Forums HAS INFLATED YOUR EGO

Sorry OP, vulnerability is a prerequisite of good relations.

Yeah basically this. Passing up getting drunk is understandable because it's not to everyone's taste, but cutting them off from having your social media or w.e seems quite autismal.

>but cutting them off from having your social media
people get upset even if you really don't have any social media. It's stupid

>I don't like socializing
>wtf why won't they socialize with me

MUH SOCIALIZATION is fucking broken.
It's fucking bloated mess of pointless rituals that has stacked over centuries and nobody has a fucking clue what's going on. Why can't humans just naturally interact without some retarded ceremonial cryptic shit? Do you really think that I will consider you being hostile if won't annoy me with "small talk"? Do we really need to collectively intoxicate to confirm that we recognize each other as human beings? Isn't is obvious that none of us carries weapon to kill each other without holding hands like faggots?

Attached: 1520058072178.jpg (702x562, 61K)

They were force fed propaganda about how their office is their family so that they would do more work for less pay. It makes you look weird because you're not indoctrinated for the purpose of supplying more productivity to your boss and your boss' boss.

normie herd mentality in action.

It's retarded, I don't like it and I won't participate in it but :
>Do you really think that I will consider you being hostile if won't annoy me with "small talk"?
Yes
>Do we really need to collectively intoxicate to confirm that we recognize each other as human beings
Yes
>? Isn't is obvious that none of us carries weapon to kill each other without holding hands like faggots?
No.
We are functioning on really old hardware and we are really unpredictable. You need the constant checking and rituals.
How they respond to the small talk, how they act when hanging out, all important information to assure yourself that this person isn't hostile or working against you.

Its over OP. Go find a new wagecuck office job as you'll be "that guy" for as long as you are in that job. Next time accept the invitation to go out to drink, but don't drink and just hang out. Its important to make appearance at events. Also don't say "I like to keep personal life and work life separate." You may be trying to sound polite, but you are probably coming off as passive-aggressive.

I'm not acting like that at all, you're just projecting. And using caps lock makes you look like a kid.
I get that, so I made a big effort to make sure they realised I wasn't just saying it because I didn't like them. I don't have social media and I never text anyone unless I have to. I hang out with them during my breaks and don't act cold or aloof.

This makes sense, it's a big company and the motto 'My Work Family' is literally and unironically everyone's desktop background.

I do this, I'm not some cold robot like some people seem to be insinuating, I DO go out for meals, ping-pong night, etc. I time my smoke breaks with theirs, send them messages on the work slack chat etc. I just don't want to give them my fucking phone number and get trashed with them because I feel it's crossing a line.

>I don't have social media and I never text anyone unless I have to
He hasn't signed away his free time to social media! what a weirdo! shun him!

this is literally what I'm moaning about but apparently I'm an asshole for not wanting to play ring of fire with my goddamn manager

If you ever want to get fired, talk about how your work family should unionize "because family looks after family."

Attached: 1549816272034.jpg (680x633, 51K)

One of the new starters who joined with me asked if there was a union in our ice-breaker meeting and management looked like he's just taken a shit on the floor

I'd be surprised if he was still working there.

he is but management are actively looking for an excuse to get rid of him

Literally normies think you're some kind of anti social normie equivilent to normies

>Turn down requests for social media/phone number, explaining that I like to keep personal life and work life separate

there's your answer. now they're keeping you out of their personal business. it's not work related right?

Because normoids make work into their lives.

dudes don't understand that you might have friends or a life outside of work, that existed long before them.

What i do:
use your old phone as a shitty burner phone, add them all on that and never turn it on, tell em you work two jobs

that doesn't make sense retard

Being off with me when we're queuing for the printer is hardly personal business. I don't see why they got so mad that I want to be friends while at work and remain distant outside of it. That's what 90% of people did prior to 2005 and the explosion of HR bitches and 'corporate family culture'.

you gave them the impression that you didnt want to interact with them so they left you alone and now youre mad?

This

They're doing exactly what u wanted faggot. Keeping personal life out of work life that means not talking to you unless they absolutely need to for work.