Was there a time that video gaming really belonged to nerds and misfits without a life...

Was there a time that video gaming really belonged to nerds and misfits without a life, or has it Always been such a mainstream hobby wich normies try to show of with how much theyre into it (aka the current state of gamingculture).

Attached: hhhh.png (583x550, 554K)

There was a time when it was literally just nerds and children that played videogames. It was called the 1990s to early 2000s. Those days are long gone.

yeah i was born in 1997 and around the time that i was 6-8 years old i was one of the only kids in my class who played video games and everyone made fun of me for it. then when i was like 10-14 all the boys in my class got xbox 360s and it become normal, and then when i was like 17 it really became the most popular thing in the world mostly due to youtube and twitch. its funny how some of the people who bullied me for liking video games as a kid are now super into video games

I've never heard a bigger crock of shit . was born in 96 and video games were for everyone during the early 2000s, even the jocks wanted to be playing sports games

"video gaming" is too broad of a term. normies have playing videogames since the arcade days of the late 70s and early 80s. However, PC gaming was exclusively for die-hard nerds until about a decade ago.

depends on the type of game, shit like cod, fifa, even csgo and most mobas are normie now

but if you find the right genres, you'll find an untapped holyland where the normies are too scared to go

and what would those genres be?

Attached: bruhrhzr.jpg (250x201, 7K)

35 here yes before 2000, I was mocked for playing video games and going on the computer now every prick has a smart phone and access to the internet, the online community was great and its AIDS now

it's more than just the genre but also the sub-communities within the genres, but i've found grand strategy, some RPGs, and anything non-mainstream that's historical or sci-fi based to be generally normie-free if you can find your own community of fellow degenerates

I was born in 1989. and literally evwryone in my class played video games. Stop lying.

>nerds and children
yes and the children grew up and many became normies. The nerds who played games back in the day were engineers and shit and were normies too.

Pretty much every year until about 2004. I'm 31 for reference. And it wasn't just video games, it was just about every staple of geeky culture.
Some shit I remember
>Belonged to the high school D&D club
Always got made fun of but now normies are obsessed with fantasy stuff because of GoT and now celebrities are streamed playing campaigns in front of live audiences
>Pokemon
When it first came out, just about every kid was into it but it was a fad. I remember in sixth grade my friends and I got shit for reading a Pokemon magazine and playing the Gen 2 games on the bus and at lunch. This wasn't a very long time after the first game was released in the US. Now remember how many normies we're running around and getting into car crashes playing Pokemon Go on their smartphones?
>Comic books
I don't think I need to even say anything about this.

I think the only hobbies that have still managed to repel normalfags for the most part are tabletop miniature games and CCG's but I'm sure there's Twitch whores out there getting ready to blow those up too.

>csgo and most mobas are normie now
I disagree, full of autists.

I'm going to assume you are under 20.
It was so secluded, people were afraid to mention they play games because of the negative connotations.

Now normies are taking our Animes. Is nothing sacred anymore? They ruin EVERYTHING

>video gaming
>misfits
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA

yeah bro, just like sports and cars. those things are for nerds ;^)

and fucking christ these retards who think video games weren't full blown mainstream in the 90s. by 1985 you couldn't find a young guy who didn't/couldn't go to arcades. cunts.

Video games are maximum normie tier. Just because you took it more seriously doesn't change that.

>>Comic books
>I don't think I need to even say anything about this.
Normans like the movies and TV shows and merch, but I don't think very many actually read comic books.

There are normie games but the general hobby was not normalfag tier. N64 was GoldenEye, Xbox was Halo, PS3 was CoD:MW, PC was WoW and then Madden and NBA Jam for the melanin enriched. It's the same with anime or really anything. The actual celebration of games in pop culture was not a thing until the last decade.

Nah it was massive in the 80s. Only dumb dads didn't celebrate em.

yes in the 1990s I remember being bullied for talking about video games at school.

ROFL video games ARE SAD!!!!!!!!!
U ARE SAAADD HAHAHAHA!
GET A LIFE!

Exactly. Adults with children didn't unless they were nerds or weird. Now it's normalized for adults to be into video games.

That's because the most adults grew up with them. The original arcade generation is in their 50s now.

this is pretty accurate. PC gaming was the last bastion of real nerd gaming culture, although I'd say PC gaming started to get normified a bit earlier, around 2005-06 is when i started to notice the shift.

>you will never go back to the days of real nerd PC gaming

Attached: cplwinter2001.jpg (560x420, 52K)

Yes, it was exclusively just a nerd and loser hobby. I'm 25 but I still remember people being beat up in school just for playing vidya. It was 10x worse for you if you were into tcg and board games like 40k and D&D. That shit started to disappear when COD4 started getting popular.

Attached: 1551833632855.png (673x720, 681K)

>dem CRTs

I want to go back

2006 and earlier it was absolutely for nerds only, so was the internet in general. if you used a computer people would wonder what the fuck was wrong with you

Mainly somewhat unpopular RTS, RTT, and TBS titles that aren't well known and made by passionate indy developers that also dont sell that crap called DRM. Games like cossacks 3, company of heroes 2, sudden strike 4... It makes sense because the less known it is, the less mainstream it is and mainstream = normies.

Well i dont know, thats the reason why im asking you full blown autist.

>2006 and earlier PC GAMING was absolutely for nerds only

fixed that for ya. Normies had been playing consoles for two decades by that point. Pretty much every guy I knew had an n64/ps1 in middle school and a PS2/xbox in high school.

I was 8 years old in 1997 and Chads were playing video games then. Only thing that maybe differed from now is that they'd clown you for the type of game you played rather than the fact that you played them. Duke Nukem was cool; Diddy Kong Racing, they'd make fun of you for. Lots of stoner types were into Goldeneye 007.

>mfw ive lived to see vidya become so normie'd that the general public believes its always been that way

please kill me

Attached: ss+(2019-01-31+at+10.36.00).jpg (400x399, 22K)