I'm officially insane

I think I'm insane. A girl I loved died tragically, nobody even knows how or why. Ever since I've been obsessed with inventing a time machine to prevent this. It's not even to marry her, but because I just want her back, talk to her and prevent her untimely death.

This isn't just a fantasy of mine. I actually studied high school physics for 2,5 years and enrolled into a university to study theoretical physics because of it. And here I am. I'm going to devote my life solely to particle and quantum physics because that's where I think the answer will lie. I will not physically jump into the past with some wormhole like you'd expect, I'm going to send a text message into the past. I think that's going to be the most plausible method of saving her. I know her time of death and her past phone number. All I need to figure out is how to send energy into the past, and I'm counting on there being enough unsolved quantum woo-woo to allow for this.

Yeah, I know this means I literally qualify as insane. I'm not kidding on any part of this, and I know how much this borrows from Steins;Gate. I don't give a shit. The concept in S;G is actually brilliant and the writer must have thought about it seriously.
In my mind I don't see what would make time travel "impossible". I mean time travel could be as simple as sending a quantum of energy into an atom and making it send the exact quantum back - this would be time travel from the perspective of the atom. Reversing every sub-atomic change that's happened in the universe during the last years would be impossible, but a simple message in the form of waves isn't asking that much.

Attached: index.jpg (284x177, 8K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/GHC8z6ULs18
youtube.com/watch?v=DZGINaRUEkU
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel_metric#Shape_of_absolute_future
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

If you do it, don't share it with anyone. Time travel would fuck shit up so much.

if she never died, then you would never have done this and therefore undone your future sending the text back meaning she still dies.

That actually makes sense. Did u destroy his only hope of saving her

>if she never died, then you would never have done this

I think this only means that at most I will lose all memory of having sent the text message.
It won't revert the text message if it has already been sent and has taken effect. It can't simultaneously take effect in keeping her alive and kill her because this means I won't need to send the text, you know.

At least you have meaning I am envious. Good luck user I am rooting for you.

If you watched Steins;gate you'd know this is a terrible idea.

See "electronic excitation"
It isn't time travel friend

It is. There's no past, present or time in the atomic level. The only thing that exists is atomic states and their combinations that create the world around us.

How did she die? Did she like Steins;gate? Was she your girlfriend? Are you going to go through with this?

youtu.be/GHC8z6ULs18
I know this man and his story is like yous

>How did she die? Did she like Steins;gate?
She went out for an evening walk and was found half dead by her father. She had either jumped from a very high place or attacked. Nobody still knows. Not knowing also hurts like hell.
But no, she didn't watch S;G as far as I know. Her favorite anime was Sword Art Online.

>Was she your girlfriend?
No. I'm not even sure if we ever would've made a good couple. But as a person she was one-of-a-kind and I cared for her deeply. I can't imagine world without her.

>Are you going to go through with this?
Yes. The only other option is believing in Christianity and Heaven. I will do that, too, but to maximize my odds of meeting her in some plane of existence I'm trying science as long as I live.

Time branches with every desicion. OP still won't see her again. But OP from the next timeline will.

I think you are insane, but in a good way. Good luck, user.

>I'm going to send a text message into the past
this is a good idea and i have a feeling it's possible. good luck OP. while you're at it though could you also send a text to me in 2004 that says "buy bitcoin"? thanks a lot pal.

>user posts about having a goal in life, something that gets him out of bed early and in to bed late, he'll probably make countless discoveries if he is for real along the way
>finally someone thats not just
>idk what to do with life
>you cunts try and discourage him by saying "it won't work"

retards

I thought about this idea. But it is way more complicated than it sounds.

You will need to send electromagnetic radiation into that past that can be translated into a text message. That is hard. And if you need to send it into the past, you need to send it near her location. And since the water is moving around the earth, solar system is moving in the galaxy, and the galaxy is moving in the universe at batshit crazy speeds that we do not even u sweet and yet. It is impossible to send energy into the past at the exact location, since you do not even know where the location is.

Correct me if I am wrong

You are. The speed and direction in which our solar system moves relative to other objects is well known. He'll be bale to pinpoint the location of earth a couple of years ago very exactly, its mostly just orbital mechanics. He probably had that in his high school courses.

>the galaxy is moving in the universe at batshit crazy speeds that we do not even

The universe itself is spinning at the speed of light and that's why it's the maximum speed in existence.

#myepictheories

I'm not discouraging him by telling him it's a terrible idea, I believe in user and am personally on a similarly crazy quest. He should just be aware.

I sometimes wonder how many STEMfags S;G has made, and why.

>you need to send it near her location

You sure bro? Electromagnetic waves travel a fuckton of miles. You could literally send a text message from Mars to Earth no probs.

All the information we've sent as a species is actually travelling somewhere in the cosmos right now. It's disturbing actually.

I made at lot of mistakes. Fuck you autocorrect.

Since the earth is moving around the sun, the solar system is moving in the galaxy, and the galaxy is moving in the universe. It will be very hard to pinpoint the exact place she died and send the electromagnetic radiation at the spot.

Fuck, I never thought about that. It's amazing.

I guess you are right, but he needs to have it relatively near her location if he wants her to get the message before she dies.

Do we know exactly how fast we are moving, we might know how fast the solar system is movingwithin the galaxy, but what if our galaxy is also moving really fast?

only thing he needs is the relative location to her anyway, and that won't change in his lifetime.

>I sometimes wonder how many STEMfags S;G has made

Reporting. I got into STEM after watching Steins;Gate, then "The Martian" a bit later and I was hooked on science, or at least the idea of it.

Attached: steins-gate-quotes.png (726x523, 477K)

op please tell more about this. what are you doing right now towards that direction? have you associated with others with the same goals?

You're definitely insane. You are obsessed with this girl. Time travel is impossible Time slows as you reach the speed of light, but even then the closest it gets is time stopping. You can't go faster than light therefore you can't go back in time. You are hoping for mystery and "quantum woo woo" when you are looking directly at the answer and just refuse to admit that the truth isn't what you want.

honestly lain was something that got me really into computers although i was 10-11 at the time and already using trainers and packet sniffers in online games

t. oldfag

>You can't go faster than light therefore you can't go back in time.
What if time travel means negative light speed, not increasing it?

time is merely a concept us humans made up

There's no time in a black hole.

All galaxies and stars that have slipped past our observable universe are expanding away from us faster than the speed of light. Likewise, quantemly entangled particles receive data between eachother faster than the speed of light.

OP, if you believe in the speed of light limit then backwards time travel is impossible. Study special relativity first, and you will learn that it can't be done.

Seems like a good plan you get your girl and possibly get paid millions, if not billions of dollars for your research so it's a win win. I believe in you user.

The formula for time dilation is
t' = t/sqrt(1-(v^2/c^2)).
The speed at which you're traveling is squared, so the sign doesn't matter.

>Ever since I've been obsessed with inventing a time machine to prevent this.

Attached: 1541368797280.jpg (400x396, 30K)

This is shit, but everyone has to go on. This probably doesn't help but it's reality.

I recognize those quotes from a melodysheep video...
youtube.com/watch?v=DZGINaRUEkU

Recently I've realized that I've seen messages from the future in the form of passing thoughts. Dejavu in the variety of uncanny valley territory. I don't know how, nor why, but the one thing that is certain is that it's from the future. This includes information that I was not privy too, to the point where I've pointed things out and people are utterly shocked as I should have no way of knowing. Don't give up OP, I'll be needing something similar soon.

Let me know if the morlocks and eloi happen, it's a better future than I would have expected for us at this point.

CPT symmetry confirms time actually

But theres only 1 timeline

No one showed up which means its either never been done, or it's very confidential and the public can't use it. so sleep well

RIP sir Stephen Hawking

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 139K)

You might wanna take a look at this:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gödel_metric#Shape_of_absolute_future

If time travel is possible, you should start researching general theory of relativity.