30 year old boy here and new to lifting. Is SS a good starting program or are the memes true...

30 year old boy here and new to lifting. Is SS a good starting program or are the memes true? What other programs are good?

Attached: 1562674987500.jpg (216x249, 7K)

Other urls found in this thread:

apftscore.com/fm7_22.pdf
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

SS is fine to start with, just don’t do GOMAD. Buy the book and a gym membership, that’s all you need to know.

SS+GOMAD+DEAD
Read. The. Fucking. Book.

It's too late boomer. You missed the growth development window

No dont do SS, you will go in t-rex mode and your cleans will look absolutely fucking horrendous.

Do ivysaur 4-4-8 for 12-16 weeks then switch to strength or physique

Also dont forget your hiit cardio

make sure to do GOMAD

Greyskull for 4 months then you're set

imitate high level athletes such as football players and olympic wrestlers

there is literally nothing you can do wrong as a novice lifter

Upper-
Row erg warmup
Push ups 3x10
Bent over row 3x8
Bb curl 3x8
Bench/DB press 3x8
Lat pulldown 3x8
OHP 3x8
Lat raises 3x10

Lower-
Row erg warmup
Mountain climbers 3x20
Squat 3x8
Deads 3x8
Barbell calf raises 3xf

>3x8 is "comfortable" and you won't get inured ego lifting
>ULxULxx
>Planks and ab roller on rest days
>Alternate bench and DB press
>Alternate the order you bench and deadlift

Attached: 1562694385147.jpg (640x768, 66K)

>*squat and deadlift

Grey skull mustard race, the pdf is easy to find and the routine can be used longer than SS for consistent progress

Micro dose Tren and test. Work out everyday.

What accessory lifts do you guys add?

Decent

Retarded

I'll PayPal you $100 if you post body and you look better than me natty

I did PPL for a bit but switched to Strong Lifts and got better gains

apftscore.com/fm7_22.pdf

Read it. Take notes. Youre welcome.

SS is....okay, but kind of a meme, and focuses too much on the lower body.

I'd start with SL5X5, instead.

If you do SS but sub the power clean for off-the-ground barbell rows and do all the assistance work in the book (chin-ups, pull-ups, back extensions, curls) it is a great beginner program with enough upper body volume.

Power cleans are hard to learn and your anatomy can determine whether you can perform them correctly or not.

Do the Greyskull LP instead

>30 y/o boy

Kekked

SS is a good program, but you gotta read the book, and it is a very dense read. SL 5x5 is shittier, but simpler, and easier to jump right into as a beginner. Both are gonna need some added assistance work to fully round out the program, like dips, chin-ups and arm work.

Theres basically nothing you can do wrong except bad form, lifting is better than not lifting

how does one implement good form without paying an under qualified girl leering personal trainer

Attached: 1558989730968.jpg (413x367, 42K)

WS4B

Read SS
Watch yootoob tutorials
Practice

Stronglifts 5x5 + download the app + add dips and chin ups. It's idiot proof and you're set for 3-6months.

Read SS, do GOMAD. It’s that fucking simple

fpbp.

It is a great starting program and random people on Jow Forums "improving" upon it will just make it worse.

This, rows > cleans. SS is great to start out, just keep learning more as you go.

whatever you do, do not jack off. you cannot spare any potential lost gains. godspeed grandpa

What program would help me get otter mode?

starve to death

Except ego lift DL

SS+GOMAD then water fasting+cardio

its a meme. Youll go t rex mode and the programming is autistic. reg parks 5x5 is good for newbs

You can do whatever you want. As long as you are doing the main lifts you will get gainz. Want curls for the girls? Do those. Tris for the guys? Facepulls or Skullcrushers. Having trouble on OHP? Add incline bench or shrugs. etc.

SS is fine but I preferred SL5x5 because of the greater volume starting out and you do rows instead of power cleans (they're a lot simpler)
But after 3 months of SL5X5 my workouts started getting too long because the weights started getting heavy and I had to rest 5 mins in between each set. So I'm switching to GSLP and gonna try that for 3 more months

Just go to the cheapest gym and pick stuff up and put it down. Lift heavy weights but don't get cocky.

SS+GOMAD