Try whiskey for the first time

>Try whiskey for the first time
>Instantly puts me to sleep

Convince me to not have a small glass before bed every night Jow Forums

Attached: 1561314093225.png (1416x2239, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(18)31571-X/fulltext
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasodilation
metro.co.uk/2019/06/14/britains-oldest-woman-grace-jones-said-whisky-key-long-life-dies-112-9950430/
myredditvideos.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Alcohol inhibits muscle protein synthesis

alcohol helps you fall asleep as the body loses resources in order to process the alcohol (poison) that you've put in your body, but then reduces sleep quality and decreases muscle recovery during sleep

Dehydration will make your skin age faster

Alcohol disrupts REM sleep, making your sleep less restful

The effect of one drink is negligible and actually associated with healthier individuals but that doesn't necessarily mean it will make you healthier.

Your tolerance will quickly rise and so does your glass size.

Attached: me_1.jpg (1160x653, 39K)

what the fuck do you weight 105lbs and are a woman?

You will become dependent and need more of it for the same effect. In my experience anything more than once a month and I start to notice a tolerance building. Cherish that low tolerance and only tap that well when you absolutely need it

200lb non-defenerate here. 1 shot is all I need

Alcohol inhibits REM sleep and lowers test. It really sucks because a shot before bed is God tier for getting to sleep faster. Try taking a quick hot shower before bed, it'll make you comfy/sleepy.

This. It just means healthier people drink less if/when they drink at all.

Different user. I just had an idea.
>long, cold shower in the morning
>short, hot shower at night
What do you think?

If you shower too much your hair will frizz out and your skin will be dry and itchy.

>thelancet.com/article/S0140-6736(18)31571-X/fulltext
there is no healthy amount of alcohol except zero

Attached: alcohol.png (787x716, 148K)

Not user you respond to
But I take cold showers all the time it helps me get comfy before bed and helps me wake up
The reason is when you take a cold shower your muscle tense up and you do too
And when you get out and go to bed your cold muscles warm up and relax
I sleep naked too let my areas that don’t get to breathe breathe

Protip: buy expensive, good shit so you won't be tempted to drink as much at one time and you'll actually enjoy it.

I have 1-2 drinks a night with dinner or after dinner. Don't listen to nerds that say a drink or two will make you an alky, just practice discipline. Life is too short to worry if a drink a night drops your testosterone by .002%. that being said don't use it as a sleep aid.

>Try taking a quick hot shower before bed, it'll make you comfy/sleepy.
>short, hot shower at night

a hot shower at night actually helps you fall asleep a lot, but funnily enough the reason is that it helps your body cool down faster. the hot shower triggers vasodilation as your body tries to cool itself off. this coincides with the natural body response during sleep, as your body wants to be cooler at night when sleeping. the combination of heightened vasodilation and your body naturally cooling itself off increases the speed at which you fall asleep and overall improves sleep quality.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasodilation

this can also be triggered by wearing socks to bed. your feet being warmer triggers vasodilation and will improve sleep quality considerably.

>Life is too short
as long as you're a drinker you mean

This is categorically untrue. There's no amount of alcohol that IMPROVES health, but one drink is quite literally negligible. You'd be hard pressed to find a doctor that can identify the person that has 3 drinks a week and the person that has none.

Besides, alcohol is great. Every great man in history has enjoyed spirits.

It will become less effective if you rely on it daily, just use it when you really need it.

>one drink is quite literally negligible
the study outright proves that this is not true and is more comprehensive than anything else ever done by several orders of magnitude, unless you mean one drink per year

>proves

Learn how science works before blasting off on a Mongolian Chinese checkers forum.

how autistic are you that you demand a strictly accurate "scientifically establishes a very strong statistical connection in an unparalleled way much stronger than any papers to the contrary or your own anecdote about doctors not being able to identify on a one off basis" instead of casually saying "proves"
would you want "shows" or how deep onto the scale are you

Have a regular sleep schedule. Use night filters and try to limit light exposure, not just a phone night filter on phone and computer but in general. I've been trying l theanine typically in some herbal tea typically and that seems to help some. Melatonin to adjust sleep cycle not don't take it regularly, it's not a sleep aid.

beware taking melatonin. the amount they give you in stores is so fucking huge compared to natural amounts. it suppresses your body's natural production quite quickly too. you already said it but yea just reinforcing the point.

One (1) glass of hard alcohol a day is actually extremely good for you, mainly for your heart.

Whiskey;-

• Aid in weight loss – Whisky has no fat and very little sodium. It has also been shown that moderate intake increases energy and decreases the desire for sugar.

• Help to prevent diabetes – It has been reported that drinking moderate amounts of whisky over an extended period can help the body’s ability to regulate insulin and glucose levels, thereby lowering the possibility of contracting type 2 diabetes.

• Prevent cancer – Whisky has high levels of ellagic acid, one of the most powerful consumable antioxidant compounds that is extremely effective in reducing free radicals, a harmful byproduct that can lead to cancer.

• Help to reduce the risk of stroke – Whisky’s blood-thinning properties means a dram or two can help to lower the chance of blood clots and by extension, strokes.

• Lowers stress – Alcohol, of which whisky certainly has high concentrations of, is also useful for relieving stress by helping the brain to cope with anxiety and tension disclaimer – While there may be some evidence drinking alcohol can initially relieve stress, drinking over a prolonged period can actually increase anxiety, so once again we ask that you enjoy it responsibly.

• Helps to lower risk of dementia – Another knock on effect from the consumption of ellagic acid is that Studies have shown that it can reduce your chances of developing dementia and Alzheimer’s disease by once again reducing those harmful free radicals which can disrupt neural pathways.

• Aids digestion – Whisky has been drunk as a digestive for centuries.

>One (1) glass
do you actually mean one glass, or one drink

Grace Jones, who is 110, declared: “Whisky is very good for you"

metro.co.uk/2019/06/14/britains-oldest-woman-grace-jones-said-whisky-key-long-life-dies-112-9950430/

im a former alcoholic and never had a problem with strenght/muscle building

try being less of a pussy

Attached: 20190719_165731.jpg (1080x1920, 974K)

You fall asleep easily, but get worse rest, also kills gains

>do you weight 105lbs and are a woman?
This is an incredibly poorly worded question. Is English your first language?

Take a standard whiskey glass and fill it 1/3 up, that's a healthy daily dose for hard alcohol. This OR 2 glasses of red wine during lunch. Of course don't fill an entire cereal bowl with vodka to have your one drink, the point is not to get drunk or tipsy, just slightly lower your blood pressure, widden your veins and calm your heart.

You aren't supposed to drink the whole bottle, user.

It won't last. The more you drink, the bigger tolerance you develop.

Alcohol sedates you, it doesn't put you to sleep.
Your sleep will be of lower quality, which stunts recovery and increases tiredness.
Try counting backwards from 1000 or something instead, or whatever.

why do alcoholics always try and weasel it as healthy, just admit you're fucking your body up

>t. coping alcoholic

Enjoy having no REM

That no chest no shoulder feel with a flabby looking stomach even with extreme overhead lighting

I can't trust nor respect a man who doesn't drink

Yeah, fuck Trump

so ordinary healthy people don't get fucked by life

hillarypilled