Except for having children and diseases/infections, why is monogamy prevalent?

Adam Johnson
Adam Johnson

except for having children and diseases/infections, why is monogamy prevalent?

Attached: 0eac74bf93ceb307bece3de595f418b8,780,0,0,0.jpg (37 KB, 640x427)

Oliver Jackson
Oliver Jackson

monogamy was necessary to create the laborforce for capitalism. now we are overpopulating so being a cuck is in fashion

Jaxson Campbell
Jaxson Campbell

Stable households for economic security and a healthy environment for raising children are good enough reasons

Liam Walker
Liam Walker

it is hard to focus on more than one lover. double the amount of lovers and you halve the amount of love.

Joshua Foster
Joshua Foster

because of the sacred love that can only exist between two people, the very entwining of souls

Jordan Green
Jordan Green

fuck that. dont tell others what to do

Aiden Bell
Aiden Bell

Avoid consanguinity

Parker Kelly
Parker Kelly

bullshit. you can fuck other partners and feel that 'entwining'

Bentley Gomez
Bentley Gomez

believe me, i know from experience.

Adrian Smith
Adrian Smith

why? consanguinity was probably the ideal system.

Jose Davis
Jose Davis

oooeeh you want that steady love huh, good luck

Carter Gonzalez
Carter Gonzalez

well uhhh
stability makes sense, but you could be happy without it as well, always remembering that at leadt what happened happened and it was ok
kind of yes but you can have multiple friends and partners dont seem much different to me than friends
ok, apart from the religious crap
thats not--

Attached: 57155629-624828717985873-8227429757260660736-n.jpg (37 KB, 720x608)

Benjamin Wright
Benjamin Wright

the thing is that when a human has to watch you make out with somebody else, they will get jealous (especially if they love you).

Ian Reyes
Ian Reyes

jealousy is a construct though

Attached: 06ef68cc-25e5-4aaa-a78e-8b6d79c22871.jpg (77 KB, 640x853)

Jack Murphy
Jack Murphy

you're a construct, though.

Dominic Reyes
Dominic Reyes

well uhh what? i was joking about the cuck thing, its more like being a single mother is in fashion.

Charles Roberts
Charles Roberts

With polygamy, some men could make many many children with their several wives, reducing genetic diversity and increasing the risk of consanguinity

Charles Walker
Charles Walker

fair enough. time to kill myself.
the political part is dumb, the cuck part makes more sense

Attached: 8sIExXM.jpg (179 KB, 1000x669)

Alexander Flores
Alexander Flores

yeah, but i asked what else apart from having children and stis/stds

Attached: long-s-foot-pictures-to-pin-on-pinterest-pinsdaddy-l-10717-01.jpg (39 KB, 474x890)

Juan Butler
Juan Butler

capitalism is not political. lol. no single mommies make more sense

Daniel Martinez
Daniel Martinez

Emotional stability and connection.

Joseph Stewart
Joseph Stewart

consanguinity is probably the ideal system. and its not a concern with all these diverse women

Thomas Butler
Thomas Butler

what i meant is monogamy goes way back, farther than capitalism as we know it

Attached: cat-flowers.jpg (89 KB, 570x428)

Ethan White
Ethan White

Not likely. Enjoy your cheap fucks.

Adrian Richardson
Adrian Richardson

what is the difference between good friends that you can have a few of and partners though? apart from physical contact and having babies, which both dont matter to me or hypothetically anyone

Attached: Furret-Faster.gif (372 KB, 500x250)

Matthew Sanchez
Matthew Sanchez

Be honest, good friends and partners feel nothing alike. A good friend is someone you consider from time to time, but a partner is your other half, they factor into your every thought and decision.

Anthony Clark
Anthony Clark

my (hypothetical) friends do as well, because theyre people whose intelligence i respect
touching my pp doesnt have to do with having an influence for me

Attached: 1554218093448.jpg (40 KB, 500x383)

Gavin Phillips
Gavin Phillips

To keep the beta males productive. In our tribal days, we used to be extremely violent and the alpha males decided that assigning females to each male is the best option to assure cooperation instead of constant infighting. That's how the first villages were formed.

Jaxson Davis
Jaxson Davis

makes sense, but why are we still doing it, apart from being accustomed to the idea? what are the other reasons?

Attached: 1554210318575.jpg (57 KB, 600x449)

Matthew Perez
Matthew Perez

Sorry I thought we were talking about partners, not just other humans whose bodies you use for sexual pleasure.

Christopher Russell
Christopher Russell

by partners i mean the so called other middle halfs. apart from the physical things i dont care about and having children i see no difference between them and the other few hypothetical people i truly love and respect as well

Attached: 15531783769593811537242076138549.png (401 KB, 262x1024)

Leo Perry
Leo Perry

because it's the same principle, our society is built on monogamy and without it, the beta males have very little to lose. You can already see the preliminary effects, plummeting birthrates, mass shootings, escapism, drug epidemics and a generally tense and unmotivated populace.

Andrew Thomas
Andrew Thomas

no it doesnt. thousands of years ago one woman reproduced for every 17 men :)

hah. thanks

Christopher Hernandez
Christopher Hernandez

seems fair to me, if youre a shitty person which is why youre alone you should stop being a shitty person by for example getting help or die
anyways, im talking about the now and what said makes sense

Attached: 2Q.png (54 KB, 259x194)

Jackson Reed
Jackson Reed

If you're interested in the subject, you should read "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris

Jeremiah Moore
Jeremiah Moore

i dont care about the primal parts of relationships, which is what the book seems to be about, because some have gotten over being primal, we control our urges

Attached: 1552504036476.jpg (11 KB, 236x236)

Christopher Cooper
Christopher Cooper

Relationships are essentially resource sharing schemes. You're pooling your time, energy, and often money together to try to satisfy your combined needs and desires more optimally than you could alone. It's difficult enough to understand one other person well enough to do this effectively: throwing a third one into the mix would very likely compromise this system to the point that it ceased to provide any benefit.

Attached: 1536036576516.jpg (29 KB, 540x589)

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Disable AdBlock to view this page

Confirm your age

This website may contain content of an adult nature. If you are under the age of 18, if such content offends you or if it is illegal to view such content in your community, please EXIT.

Enter Exit

About Privacy

We use cookies to personalize content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyze our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our advertising and analytics partners.

Accept Exit