Except for having children and diseases/infections, why is monogamy prevalent?

except for having children and diseases/infections, why is monogamy prevalent?

Attached: 0eac74bf93ceb307bece3de595f418b8,780,0,0,0.jpg (640x427, 37K)

monogamy was necessary to create the laborforce for capitalism. now we are overpopulating so being a cuck is in fashion

Stable households for economic security and a healthy environment for raising children are good enough reasons

it is hard to focus on more than one lover. double the amount of lovers and you halve the amount of love.

because of the sacred love that can only exist between two people, the very entwining of souls

fuck that. dont tell others what to do

Avoid consanguinity

bullshit. you can fuck other partners and feel that 'entwining'

believe me, i know from experience.

why? consanguinity was probably the ideal system.

oooeeh you want that steady love huh, good luck

well uhhh
stability makes sense, but you could be happy without it as well, always remembering that at leadt what happened happened and it was ok
kind of yes but you can have multiple friends and partners dont seem much different to me than friends
ok, apart from the religious crap
thats not--

Attached: 57155629_624828717985873_8227429757260660736_n.jpg (720x608, 37K)

the thing is that when a human has to watch you make out with somebody else, they will get jealous (especially if they love you).

jealousy is a construct though

Attached: 06ef68cc-25e5-4aaa-a78e-8b6d79c22871.jpg (640x853, 77K)

you're a construct, though.

well uhh what? i was joking about the cuck thing, its more like being a single mother is in fashion.

With polygamy, some men could make many many children with their several wives, reducing genetic diversity and increasing the risk of consanguinity

fair enough. time to kill myself.
the political part is dumb, the cuck part makes more sense

Attached: 8sIExXM.jpg (1000x669, 179K)

yeah, but i asked what else apart from having children and stis/stds

Attached: long-s-foot-pictures-to-pin-on-pinterest-pinsdaddy_l_10717-01.jpg (474x890, 39K)

capitalism is not political. lol. no single mommies make more sense

Emotional stability and connection.

consanguinity is probably the ideal system. and its not a concern with all these diverse women

what i meant is monogamy goes way back, farther than capitalism as we know it

Attached: cat-flowers.jpg (570x428, 89K)

Not likely. Enjoy your cheap fucks.

what is the difference between good friends that you can have a few of and partners though? apart from physical contact and having babies, which both dont matter to me or hypothetically anyone

Attached: Furret_Faster.gif (500x250, 372K)

Be honest, good friends and partners feel nothing alike. A good friend is someone you consider from time to time, but a partner is your other half, they factor into your every thought and decision.

my (hypothetical) friends do as well, because theyre people whose intelligence i respect
touching my pp doesnt have to do with having an influence for me

Attached: 1554218093448.jpg (500x383, 40K)

To keep the beta males productive. In our tribal days, we used to be extremely violent and the alpha males decided that assigning females to each male is the best option to assure cooperation instead of constant infighting. That's how the first villages were formed.

makes sense, but why are we still doing it, apart from being accustomed to the idea? what are the other reasons?

Attached: 1554210318575.jpg (600x449, 57K)

Sorry I thought we were talking about partners, not just other humans whose bodies you use for sexual pleasure.

by partners i mean the so called other middle halfs. apart from the physical things i dont care about and having children i see no difference between them and the other few hypothetical people i truly love and respect as well

Attached: 15531783769593811537242076138549.png (262x1024, 401K)

because it's the same principle, our society is built on monogamy and without it, the beta males have very little to lose. You can already see the preliminary effects, plummeting birthrates, mass shootings, escapism, drug epidemics and a generally tense and unmotivated populace.

no it doesnt. thousands of years ago one woman reproduced for every 17 men :)

hah. thanks

seems fair to me, if youre a shitty person which is why youre alone you should stop being a shitty person by for example getting help or die
anyways, im talking about the now and what said makes sense

Attached: 2Q.png (259x194, 54K)

If you're interested in the subject, you should read "The Naked Ape" by Desmond Morris

i dont care about the primal parts of relationships, which is what the book seems to be about, because some have gotten over being primal, we control our urges

Attached: 1552504036476.jpg (236x236, 11K)

Relationships are essentially resource sharing schemes. You're pooling your time, energy, and often money together to try to satisfy your combined needs and desires more optimally than you could alone. It's difficult enough to understand one other person well enough to do this effectively: throwing a third one into the mix would very likely compromise this system to the point that it ceased to provide any benefit.

Attached: 1536036576516.jpg (540x589, 29K)