/fat/ - California Burito Dreamin' Edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For chubbies who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it

Previous

Attached: naturalhabitatofthebluewhale.jpg (1080x600, 326K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dJs1B-s-Dnk
youtube.com/watch?v=vjOcaBQWHGY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

did they all shave each other?

Nice quints, but that's what lawnmowers are for.

Gonna blog a little here.
After getting autistically happy about my weight spreadsheet, I've started doing an exercise and daily tasks spreadsheet, tentatively titled Good Boy Points v2.0. It has 6 different tasks on it, rated 0 for failure or 1 for success, and if I get a daily average of .33 or less, I don't eat the next day. It's pretty comfy.
Other thing is greek yogurt with salt, pepper, onion powder, and garlic powder is my favorite dip rn, try it

0% greek is pretty based
can even binge the whole container and not gain weight

>mfw got 36 eggs from Walmart for $3.50

Attached: 1551265120311.gif (540x501, 1.56M)

I feel like a fat fuck. I can't stop these strong eating urges and now I gained some weight back

It's about persistence user. The urges will fade with time but from one fat fuck to a other, it takes a while. You've fucked your body into a coma with bad decisions and habits. Just like those didn't appear overnight, neither will they fade. Just keep at it. Wrote down Everytime you fall off the horse.

I think what really fucks me up is the snacking instead of just waiting til it's time to actually eat

youtu.be/dJs1B-s-Dnk

Would you be a chad in the fattest place on earth?

>been making good gains since starting diet
>have lost 20lbs in 3~ months and started going to the gym
>go to visit grandparents, cousins, etc. that I haven't seen in years for 4 days
>have to turn down a million snack, fast food offers, and beer offers

Day 1 down jesus christ that was hard.

islanders must've evolved the ability to absorb nutrients extremely efficiently and also eat non-stop. would also explain why they make such great athletes wherever size is an advantage.

I am skinny fat, and trying to lose. I want to lose 2 pounds a week, which means I have to eat about 1300 calories a day. What should I eat in order to minimize hunger and lightheadedness?

I think I've cracked. 225lb, 25lb down, and I don't think I could ever relapse back into eating like shit foods again. My body is different now. I feel when I am full, I can feel when a food is too salty or too sweet that it upsets my stomach. I couldn't do that before I started losing weight, but now I feel healthier than ever. My parents insisted on eating hibachi tonight and I went along just because my Mom hasn't picked what we eat for dinner in a long time. I couldn't eat it. I could eat the vegetables, but everything else was far too buttery and salty. It was disgusting. It used to be my favorite food, but now here I am upset that I probably went a bit over my goal for the day over a few spoonfuls of shitty asian food. Don't even get me started on beer, that shit I can barely even sip now. Guess I'm sticking to lentil pasta for the rest of my life.

For lightheadedness make sure to get a bunch of electrolytes. To keep from feeling hungry eat a lot of protein, chicken breasts are always a good option.

You will be hungry and you will feel like shit at first pretty much no matter what however, if you want to go down the route of drugs if you're on antidepressants or should be switch to Wellbutrin, as from my experience it makes it a lot easier to just not eat, whereas something like Zoloft made me constantly hungry.

I fucking hated how Zoloft did that. Was so great for social anxiety, but caused me to gain so much. The new one I'm on hopefully will not be so bad

Zoloft is the reason I went from skinnyfat/chubby to lardass. I'm definitely approaching my pre Zoloft body once again and I couldn't be happier. Seriously fuck that drug.

i've been making vegetable stews lately. basically impossible to eat too much if it's mostly cabbage.

sounds like an obsessive disorder
instead of enjoying the time with your parents you couldn't stop thinking about food and how "I probably went a bit over my goal for the day over a few spoonfuls of shitty asian food"
my prescription is to have sex

Anyone else want to share their progress?

2 months results after joining /fat/. (excuse my rapey goatee)

Attached: IMG_20190815_220555_509~2.jpg (1080x1067, 143K)

>morning weigh in
>299.2
>finally in the under-300-club after 80+ pounds

I haven't been under 300 in well over a decade. Girls at work overheard me and said I look like I weigh a lot less, like 250.

I'm doing 3+ trips a day up 8 floors of stairs to and from desk. Feeling great, nothing can take me dow-
>Wendy's announces spicy nuggets are back
The temptation to "celebrate" with a food reward has been tough. I'm buying some new shirts instead, they'll last longer than a dopamine bite of food. But god they look tasty as hell.

Attached: tbd3qdhrah721.jpg (640x460, 73K)

good job.
nuggets are a really shitty reward. get something higher tier like a good cut of fish.

anyone here break down when fast food companies announce food is coming back? I wonder how /fat/ is when the McRib comes back

I did enjoy time with my parents and they also thought the food was bad and not worth eating.

>I wonder how /fat/ is when the McRib comes back
We don't give a shit because everyone here knows the McRib is garbage.

Agreed, reminds me of some shitty sandwich they would serve at my middle school

I'm nervous for the day they drop some cheap as deal for delivery pizza. I got fat as fuck when i realized dominos offered 2 large pizzas for $6 each.

Did you not watch the video? Its because they have garbage eating habits. The family's favorite meat is literally not sold for human consumption in Australia because its so fatty

Can low test affect your weight?

I just ate a huge blueberry muffin. I hate my shit self control

denial is never the first step towards progress

Idk dude maybe the restaurant was just having a bad day

i remember the hype when it was here in bongland, i tried one and just got sauce everywhere and it tasted like something you'd get in a pack and microwave.

>Zoloft is the reason I went from skinnyfat/chubby to lardass. I'm definitely approaching my pre Zoloft body once again and I couldn't be happier. Seriously fuck that drug.
No your problem is not taking care of yourself and blaming a drug instead of yourself. NGMI

The Thin Commandments

1. If you aren't thin you aren't attractive.
2. Being thin is more important than being healthy.
3. You must buy clothes, cut your hair, take laxatives, starve yourself, do anything to make yourself look thinner.
4. Thou shall not eat without feeling guilty.
5. Thou shall not eat fattening food without punishing oneself afterwards.
6. Thou shall count calories and restrict intake accordingly.
7. What the scale says is the most important thing.
8. Losing weight is good/gaining weight is bad.
9. You can never be too thin.
10. Being thin and not eating are signs of true will power and success.

You got fat because you ate too much.

This. Classic fatty mindset blaming something else. Just exposes how weak willed you are

Friendly reminder. Failure to take yourself seriously can lead to the path of transforming into an unlikable, impossible to clean, dependant, dicklet human table.

Attached: 1563521362342.jpg (960x1280, 357K)

based femanon sticc

I have a meal today for my Brother's 23rd and it's going to be around extended family who I'm not on the greatest of terms with, even though last time I saw them they were really nice and complimented me on how much I had changed (down 70lbs from 230lbs). Will probably have a few beers and eat like shit with them all so I can be social but as a result I'll probably feel a little guilty for a few days which will help me stick to my OMAD.

Hope you're all doing well bros.

Attached: 1546161057028.png (600x600, 70K)

They had some crazy ass deal a while back where it was like two medium two toppings, garlic knots, cinnamon twists and a two liter for 20 bucks.

I found out that showing before/after pictures to family helps a lot with them stopping their siren call to food. Both my grandmothers stopped pestering me with snacks and extra meals when they saw my progress

I keep snacking

stop it

How

i don't know

Attached: DBcUtoo.jpg.png (419x260, 246K)

Drink water/tea, chew gum.

Does black coffee break a fast?

bruh shave that shit

No

I am fat and furious. Need to lose last 10kg but I already know I won't lose it until like January and I hate myself for admitting it. Can someone please kill me? I hate life

Attached: 1565706397111.jpg (396x774, 16K)

>no one in the air

Anything that is caloric or requires any involvement from your body to digest will break your fast. Even coffee and tea.

Just drink water and keep to your schedule.

Yes.

How does this look for a meal plan?
Anything I can replace to make it more sating/better? I tried to make it with ingredients I'm used to having

Attached: DI.png (843x903, 50K)

looks good, i'd swap the rice for brown. in my area there's pasta made of lentil flower that's pretty good for protein, maybe you can get some of that. and i'd drop the milk, though that isn't a huge deal.
pretty good in my books though you'll trigger the ketards.

i mean lentil flour

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.jpg (308x400, 21K)

Buy some oil spray and a new pan, you can save a ton of calories cutting out all that oil.

>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
What’s the basis of this?

This shit is amazing, but be vary of the protein content. Some brands have 20gr others 30grs per 100gr. If former is the case you can find better substitutes which has less kcals per 100gr.

pretty good, I would only suggest weighing your rice before cooking because it's very unreliable to measure rice calories cooked as they absorb different amounts of water depending on time cooked

its mostly research done on advanced and intermediate trainees but it varies mostly from person to person. But its not on total body weight its on lean muscle mass 2g on a kg of lean mass is enough for me but for some people it isn't so being on the opper scale doesn't hurt.
It really subjective if you ask eny of the jeffs they will tell you 2 times is enough if you ask mike he would say from 1.8 to 2.2 so it depends

Celery, water, and gum are your snacking friends

>6'0
>175 lbs
>still have manboobs
when will I finally lose them

Attached: 1565332817877.jpg (700x696, 61K)

coffee and smokes and cold diet coke
that's what skinny girls are made of

nothing tastes as good as skinny feels

skip dinner wake up thinner

Attached: foodpyramid.png (625x519, 49K)

you'll likely have to recomp
lift

You fatties need to try Chines fat-camps where Chinese Chads will demoralize you for eating
youtube.com/watch?v=vjOcaBQWHGY

Attached: Capture.png (1150x672, 746K)

>lost 12kg so far
>can't see any difference
What the fuck bros, I was "only" 87kg at 5'11'' to begin with so its not like I was massively obese to begin with.
Where the fuck is the fat even going from if its not my massive waist/stomach?

have you got progress photos? it's really difficult to see the differences without them

It's so gradual, you're not going to notice the progress just by looking. I had to start measuring myself monthly to actually see the results, and there were little things along the way, like going from three notches out on my belt to the first one.

That would've probably worked if I was a life long fatty but most of this was gained in the past 1.5 years when I became a sadcunt and binge age and drank beer everyday, I gained 60lbs in that span. They always knew me as a stick figure now even with this recent weight loss I look big to them.

it's when you stop caring and just plough forward that the changes come thick and fast

they can't surprise you if you're looking through a microscope

>People at work start saying i'm looking good

I think I look like shit and still have 87 pounds to go but it made my day

Attached: 1542748762416.jpg (2399x3000, 1.58M)

PLEASE fuck off. Go back to MPA

I'm on a weight loss journey, the same as you.

Our Ana who arth in Heaven
Hallowed be your name.
Your kingdom come,
your will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Deny us this day our daily bread, and punish our trespasses, as we punish our own trespasses.

And lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from food

Amen

Attached: RXNlEcE.jpg (500x715, 46K)

You need help. Your "journey" is just a quest for self destruction that will either end in death or therapy. Been there, done that. It's not worth it, just lose weight in a healthy manner

>5
Being thin is more important than being healthy.

>got 4 burgers and 4 beers for £3.50 at the co-op

Attached: smug_erika_1.png (256x368, 125K)

If you are skinny fat don’t cut, eat at a maintenance, lift, and cardio.

You would find more support and commiseration in MPA and /fa/ . Hope you seek help before it's too late

Attached: 97081963-6C58-4C02-BBCE-2794156104D4.gif (245x219, 948K)

>skim milk
Stopped reading there.

You're following dietary dogma which causes obesity. You will fail at losing weight.

Not him but shit what? Ive been using skim milk in my oatmeal for a while now

Can i get recommendations for about 300cal breakfast then? Id skip it but my workouts are right after

I eat Greek yogurt and half a banana for breakfast. Maybe swap the banana for some carrots/spinach and add a hard boiled egg if you'd like

Whole milk. Cream would be fine too.

I’m not sure but I would guess he is referring to the low fat method not being a good strategy
I don’t think there is any issue with skim milk by itself though

Nice trips

Attached: 4B431558-0DE3-4049-896A-62A33BC5DB9C.jpg (600x431, 57K)

ignore ketards

Aren't you overweight? Why do you think you need to eat before exercise?

This should be a major red flag to you. You are doing something terribly wrong.

Not him but I don’t eat before exercise, I eat after

I should have added I don’t think going low fat is necessarily a bad strategy if it works for you
Some people seem to want you to lose weight their way only - I would rather you lose weight in whatever way is most comfortable for you

Low fat diets cause weight gain.

When you do restrict calories enough to lose weight on a low fat diet, you lose primarily muscle mass while preserving body fat.

>tfw no pro-ana bf

why even live

Attached: proanabf.png (561x407, 18K)

Just my personal belief, rice is bulking food. It's very high glycemic and pretty empty nutritionally. I think anyone doing low cal is better off with quinoa or beans and will be more satisfied over time too.

Is this actually a thing?

it is, though this is just a tryhard shitposter

Pro-ana like pro anorexia? Good to know.

>got 18 scoops of 30 protons each for $17

Attached: 1475785072086.jpg (554x439, 45K)

Ive been doing the 1500 cals thing so i asumed it didn't matter when i ate

Id try this but i do greek yogurt and banana with my lunch so maybe ill move it around and replace those

Unironically at 11 min that kid is pretty adorable.