Is BJJ a cope?

I literally can't find any scenario in which BJJ would be useful aside from BJJ matches.
Seems like something like wrestling or judo would be far more practical. I've only done wrestling for a bit in high school, and was planning on getting back into some kind of martial art, likely just wrestling again though.

Attached: 393px-Slam_from_armbar.jpg (393x599, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PTbhJ-zXf0I
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Dam. A sport is only useful in the sport. Dam. That;s a new one.

Football is only useful in the football field.

Basketball is only useful in the basketball.

What more do you want from BJJ? If you want self defence go to a MMA class

>MMA, a sport, is useful outside of a sport
high IQ post bron

Do you like BJJ? Do BJJ. Do you not like BJJ? Don't do BJJ.

You owe me 100$ for life coaching your dumbass.

Not an argument, kid

Keep coping and crying for me, you little bitch. I would knock you out within seconds with a single swipe of my thick hands. You are like my abused little dog, and you will beg and cry for me to show you mercy, you pathetic bitch.

You type like a twink.

Really? You can’t think of a single time bjj would be useful? I could literally google search bjj street fight right now and get a 100 different videos of people getting choked out in street fights with basic bjj. It’s not the end all but it’s a tool you could use. If you want the best you would want mma. Guess what mma includes?

You type, as you tremble in fear. You wouldn't even stare up from your beta light up sneakers if I was in the same room as you, you utter subhuman. I would make you piss your pants as you watched me rape your mother and sister until they begged me for death

dilate

Theres plenty of scenarios where bjj is applicable
Its more of controlling the opponent than submissions
So if some belligerent dude is acting up and you dont want to smash him you can just control him by manipulating his limbs
Also if you ever find yourself on the ground with someone ontop of you bout to smash you its good to know what to do so you can out of the situation
Most videos of street fights you see the guy ontop usually wins because the bottom guy doesnt know what to do

>Angsty 13 year old the post

>Abilitiy to wrestle is not usefull in a fight.
Please remove your head from your rectum.

Judo is better in every way.

Unable to be knocked over
Throw fuckers in rapid succession
Has all the ground work of BJJ but doesn't focus on it because Its stupid to be on the ground as being on the ground in any fight is a death sentence
Dominate balance and grip on any opponent

Attached: 5ff08870708433a146972421efecc944--usa-judo-olympians.jpg (236x348, 17K)

If you are learning old school Judo then it is definitely better. But if you are learning Olympic Judo then BJJ is 100x better

Peak mental illness

>I literally can't find any scenario in which BJJ would be useful aside from BJJ matches.
Go to Rio with couple of boxer and wrestlers friends, go outside a BBJ Gym and start random fights, see how BBJ works.

you type like a girl

>no leg grabs
>if you fall to your belly referee stands you up and starts fight again
>strict grip fighting rules
judo is rubbish, freestyle wrestling is thousand times better

>Has all the ground work of BJJ
Mmm, no

>doesn't focus on it because Its stupid to be on the ground as being on the ground in any fight is a death sentence
LMAO faggot you clearly don't know how nevaza came to oldschool judo.

In every single fight there will be a third party kicking your head If you end up on the ground

*teleports behind you*
>hehe nothing personel, kid

Attached: ak.jpg (740x470, 68K)

watch a fight at a party or in the street 2/3s of them go to the ground. that makes bjj useful

based karelinposter

ohh have you done Judo?

> no leg grabs
Agree, this is a dumb rule made to pander to the IOC.
> stand up after falling on belly
Untrue, depends on the ref. You're probably slow and bad at newaza if this happens to you.
> strict grip fighting rules
Such as what?

In a bjj class there is usually lots of grapplers from different disciplines, so you will have to learn to cope with their style.

Please explain to me how being able to choke someone to death or to break their arm is useless in a real fight.

I’m all ears.

youtube.com/watch?v=PTbhJ-zXf0I
reminder this is what all bjj fags actually do
they fucking stick their fingers in another man's ass
ALL OF THEM are faggots

Attached: 1560668807102.jpg (785x659, 114K)

I've only been in a few fights in my entire life, but every time it ends up on the ground. Real fights aren't like boxing matches, some people just want to get on top of you and pound your skull into the pavement. BJJ is pretty effective in these situations.

Trying to look at it objectively, comparing 2 untrained individuals but one of the guys is a purple belt in BJJ and knows how to shoot a very basic double leg I'd say it's a damn good advantage. Probably go with the purple belt 9/10 times

yeah this is the video that made me completely uninterested in bjj its the gayest fucking martial art

>comparing 2 untrained individuals but one of the guys is a purple belt in BJJ and knows how to shoot a very basic double leg I'd say it's a damn good advantage.
>Probably go with the purple belt 9/10 times
you mean the untrained guy would have exactly 0% chance of winning
what the fuck is an untrained dude gonna do to a purple fucking belt in BJJ except get his ass beat?

I change it to 95%, he could get a lucky KO punch

Look at this men :

Attached: 68473213_2303216866382238_9163709602468986880_n.jpg (450x600, 82K)

OP just about every BJJ gym has a purple or brown belt enforcer eager to give you a live demonstration. Unless you live in the middle of nowhere, you're literally 15 minutes away from getting your answer.

Please go find out and post results.

Attached: 1262055260350.jpg (586x446, 45K)

Judo is pretty strong in a street fight but its kinda dangerous might catch a case slamming some dudes head into the concrete
People dont realize that most martial arts are going to be super effective on the streets
Its the whole trained vs untrained scenario
Also people think that just because people who compete in martial arts are going to follow the same rules on the streets is lol
Some guy who trains tkd or muay thai is going to kick your balls into your body and pop them fuckers vs the average bloke who just kicks you in the balls and it just hurts
They have better muscle efficiency and movement and can generate much more force
Any grappling art is useful too whether its bjj wrestling sambo judo etc
Its all limb and body weight manipulation and most confrontations are posturing and people end up within grappling range anyways so why not protect your hands and just throw people into hard surfaces

I've actually almost never seen fights go to the ground irl tho. Pretty sure it's a bullshit claim.

well fights can go either of 3 ways
both fighters stay standing and quit
one guy gets knocked the fuck out
or it goes to the ground

2/3's of the fights going to the ground is probably an overstatement but it does happen especially more often when people have been drinking and their sense of balance gets fucked

theres also alot of video evidence online that show people getting FUCKED up for staying on the bottom and not knowing how to get out
but the whole using bjj on the bottom is completely situational id rather have general grappling knowledge to just know how to get the fuck out
you shouldn't be getting into street fights anyways cause its straight up retarded but like the saying goes its better to be a warrior in a garden than a gardener in a war

idk but its super fun to wrestle

>Get in fight
>take opponent to the ground
>break arm with armbar
>3 of his friends join in and start kicking you in the head
>end up with brain damage
BJJ is useful if the fight is legitimately a 1v1 without any spectators that might join in (which they often do as soon as their friend starts losing the fight). BJJ is pretty fun and cool as a sport though.

yeah thats why bjj is situational
you really don't want to go for submissions if the dude has friends with him its much more important to know how to get away from the ground
if you were in a 1v1 life or a death situation then BJJ is actually pretty useful but so would any grappling art
thats why i think freestyle wrestling is the greatest grappling art because it gives you strength and endurance and you learn the nuances of how to move the human body and its like a combined version of all grappling arts with mat returns throws and chokes which is why its so dominating in MMA right now because it hard counters striking and you have enough in your arsenal to negate the other specialized grappling arts like judo(throwing/grounding specialization) and bjj (submission specialization)
i always compare it to lifting but instead of moving metal weights youre moving human bodies

>Pound your skull into the pavement
>BJJ is pretty effective

Pick one retard

It's an amazing toll in a 1v1 street fight

death sentence against multiple people, as are most other martial arts

I feel like I knew this going all the way back, but I honestly can't tell the difference between the earth-shattering stupidity and really, really shitty trolling anymore. Is this how it's supposed to be? Did we finally win, or is this the afterlife and we're all dead?

Attached: 1555189749165.jpg (640x651, 41K)

this is implying being a non pro in any other martial art will actually help you against 4 people

My former boyfriend did BJJ. He was an Aussie. Don't know where he is now, lost contact with him.