Verdict on beef jerky?

Verdict on beef jerky?

Attached: file.png (1024x657, 949K)

Other urls found in this thread:

diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/12/devil-in-feeding-trough-pge-response-to.html?m=1
chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/
sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
uib.no/en/node/103172
healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
news.gsu.edu/2018/09/10/researchers-identify-molecule-with-anti-aging-effects-on-vascular-system-study-finds/
suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html
plagueofstrength.com/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is/
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
suppversity.blogspot.de/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not a thing in my country, if it was a thing it would be too expensive. If money wasn't an issue I'd probably eat it often.

>meat
>lean
>no need for cooking
sounds like an improvement over protein powder.

My general opinion is that anything that should be refrigerated (like meat) that is so processed that it doesn't need to be refrigerated anymore is bad for you, even if lean and good brotein.

It's tasty though. Something oddly satisfying about ripping apart a chunk of this and chowing down like a dog eating rawhide.

Bunch of nitrates. Same thing i feel about 'seches' here i dunno the amerifat word. Still eat one once a week though fuck niggers

Some are alright. Some are loaded with sugar.

Find the right stuff.

Godlike taste though.

it doesn't need to be refridgerated because it has no moisture in it

You must have starved in the eons before refrigerators were invented.

>Processed
You literally just dehydrate it.

You're a fucking retard. Are you so stupid that you don't know how food was preserved for thousands of years before refrigeration? Do you think there is something inherently wrong with sodium? Regardless, your double digit IQ may make your life significantly harder in every endeavor.

Tastes like shit compared to the superior biltong

Attached: south-african-biltong.jpg (500x333, 16K)

>tasty
>high protons
>expensive af

Patrician tier food.

I make my own once in a while because I have a dryer and a meat cutter.

lmao wtf thought this was a Bosnian thing
Dad and I make this every winter
shit is the tits

Fucking love biltong. Always buy a box when I visit family in South Africa

>ITT people who would have died after living a full life of 35 years

I usually have a snyde rude comment to fight blatant idiots, but this is a step beyond, all I can do is stare in pure confusion as to how a human could be such a brainlet.

Attached: 1499307473094.png (480x360, 23K)

good for on a road trio, not much else. decent ammount of protein for what it is. Oberto is my favorite. its all very expensive. stuff like that is probably loaded with sodium.

wat dat

you can make them yourself

fucking this.
>god tier taste, the longer you chew it the more flavourful it gets
>simple ingredients
>full of antioxidants
>glorious levels of fats and proteins
>pairs well with almost anything

Absolutely overpriced, a $5 bag gets you about three strips now.

Please keep your opinion to yourself. Nobody cares what your little monkeybrain is thinking of.

Make it yourself lads. Get a cheap(ish) dehydrator, a nice cut from your local butcher and eat away.

Lot’s of nutrients are gone to waste through the process

>Looks down on you in pity

Attached: savage-slim-jim-1993.jpg (1392x969, 340K)

Processed red meat. Literally cancer and heart disease strips for numales to instagram pose with.

It’s very easy to make, and it’s pretty cheap since you use the cheap cuts to make it. The biggest thing to remember is that you must cut all of the fat off. All of it. It turns rancid if you don’t.

Beef here costs 8 euros/kg. Min wage is 3 euros/hour.
I just can't afford it as a staple so I don't bother with it.

Can you just raise a cow yourself?

Those things are like 90% fat and 10% protein

Not right now I'm in the process of raising my first car because I can't afford to buy one.

>60/40 fat protein ratio
>most protein comes from söy flour

Might as well eat lard and estrogen pills while you're at it

Attached: shit nutrition slim jim.jpg (425x425, 89K)

>muh red meat gives you cancer
Nigger, everything gives you cancer, even sunlight and oxygen

Attached: slapkermit.jpg (720x672, 32K)

This is what happens when you unironically watch sv3rige's videos

>Processed red meat. Literally cancer
>diagnosisdiet.com/meat-and-cancer/
>suppversity.blogspot.com/2011/12/devil-in-feeding-trough-pge-response-to.html?m=1
>chriskresser.com/red-meat-cancer-again-will-it-ever-stop/
>mensfitness.com/nutrition/what-to-eat/meat-cancer-bacon-who-report-mens-fitness-health
>rawfoodsos.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/minger_formal_response2.pdf
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/06/final-china-study-response-html/
>deniseminger.com/2010/08/03/the-china-study-a-formal-analysis-and-response/
>deniseminger.com/2010/07/07/the-china-study-fact-or-fallac/
>foodrenegade.com/the-china-study-discredited/
>deniseminger.com/the-china-study/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/the-curious-case-of-campbells-rats-does-protein-deficiency-prevent-cancer/
>westonaprice.org/our-blogs/taking-a-trip-down-memory-lane-fishing-for-our-good-friend-glutathione-in-the-waters-of-the-memory-hole-how-t-colin-campbell-helped-prove-that-protein-protects-us
>saragottfriedmd.com/does-meat-cause-cancer-revisiting-the-meat-igf-1-and-cancer-connection/
>reddit.com/r/keto/comments/2qxnro/red_meat_triggers_toxic_immune_reaction_which/cnai2od/
>caloriesproper.com/red-meat-wont-kill-you-it-will-make-you-stronger/

Attached: cutmypic.png (meatcancer-bgthumb.jpg).png (500x163, 145K)

>and heart disease strips
>Contrary to popular belief, consuming a higher amount of fat (about 35 per cent of energy) is associated with a lower risk of death compared to lower intakes. However, a diet high in carbohydrates (of more than 60 per cent of energy) is related to higher mortality, although not with the risk of cardiovascular disease.
>The research on dietary fats found that they are not associated with major cardiovascular disease, but higher fat consumption was associated with lower mortality; this was seen for all major types of fats (saturated fats, polyunsaturated fats and mono unsaturated fats), with saturated fats being associated with lower stroke risk. The researchers point out that, while this may appear surprising to some, these new results are consistent with several observational studies and randomized controlled trials conducted in Western countries during the last two decades.
>The large new study, when viewed in the context of most previous studies, questions the conventional beliefs about dietary fats and clinical outcomes, says Mahshid Dehghan, the lead author for the study and an investigator at PHRI.
>sciencedaily.com/releases/2017/08/170829091027.htm
>authoritynutrition.com/it-aint-the-fat-people/
>authoritynutrition.com/top-8-reasons-not-to-fear-saturated-fats/
>authoritynutrition.com/saturated-fat-good-or-bad/
>chriskresser.com/the-diet-heart-myth-cholesterol-and-saturated-fat-are-not-the-enemy/
>uib.no/en/node/103172
>healthline.com/nutrition/5-studies-on-saturated-fat
>bjsm.bmj.com/content/early/2017/03/31/bjsports-2016-097285
>press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.1.6291
>news.gsu.edu/2018/09/10/researchers-identify-molecule-with-anti-aging-effects-on-vascular-system-study-finds/
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2014/05/bcfa-gut-health-immunity-cancer.html

Attached: saturated-fat[1].jpg (960x960, 97K)

Attached: importance-saturated-fat[1].gif (480x360, 21K)

>"Literally cancer"

Attached: stillretarded.jpg (325x184, 15K)

Attached: 8 reasons saturated fats are good for you.jpg (736x736, 172K)

Attached: Butter-Infographic[1].png (576x2413, 230K)

the problem isn't the fat your moron, the the curing process and chemicals used therein such as nitrates that elevate the risk of stomach colon cancers

Attached: Butter-Infographic1[1].jpg (2550x4421, 1.6M)

Attached: butter-infographic-weed-em-and-reap1[1].jpg (300x300, 40K)

Post body and heart ultrasound you dumb lardass.

>plagueofstrength.com/the-simplicity-of-dieting-it-really-is/
>ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3529694/#!po=57.9365
>suppversity.blogspot.de/2016/10/latest-study-shows-that-33-gkg-high.html
>ajcn.nutrition.org/content/42/1/127
>news.gsu.edu/2018/09/10/researchers-identify-molecule-with-anti-aging-effects-on-vascular-system-study-finds/
>breakingmuscle.com/healthy-eating/why-all-humans-need-to-eat-meat-for-health

Attached: 1d3ea027bc3856f62ae2141fa1e7695d_signs-eat-more-protein_580x326_featuredImage.jpg (580x326, 53K)

Padding your arteries with healthy fats like butter and bacon is good for you dumbass, would you want to drive in a car with no airbags? Libtards btfo

>ITT people don't know what an average means.

If you made it out of childhood back then, you would have likely lived to 65+.

Carbfags eternally BTFO

>lardass.
I don't have to do it just because you asked me to and definitely because you Ad Hominem'd/insulted me.
>and heart ultrasound
You just responded to why that's pseudoscientific bullshit. You just proved that you're the only one that's dumb and you don't read

Attached: 20190810_200338.jpg (3264x1836, 1.69M)

That looks tasty, what is the international name? Or i just ask for it in a mall.

lel

Attached: cutmypic_1.png (187x161, 39K)

>ultrasound
>pseudoscientific
Dude, unironically, as you look to be close to 40 (if that's really you), you should really fucking cut down on the saturated fats. You will die of an embolism or a stroke, and it's not a fun way to die. Don't let a fad diet kill you.

>The vast majority of human existence involved eating good amounts of saturated fat
>Fad diet

Come the fuck on. If anything, eating veggies is considered a fad diet.

It isn't him, the link spam comes from the author of the small blog that's always among the spammed links. It's some 75 IQ troglodyte (not the guy in pics, he's white) who's paying Indians to spam this shit here every day for months

>The vast majority of human existence involved eating good amounts of saturated fat
Have you ever tasted wild game? There's like zero fucking fat on them. It's a fad diet based on what tastes good and pretending to be manly by going against medical advice. Honestly if you don't want to see it, you won't. Enjoy your anticoagulants.

Just make your own and ditch the nitrite salts.
Thats how i roll, and i might get botulism but til then i'll get sick gains.

Thanks for notifying me. Most of the time arguing on Jow Forums is a waste of effort, but arguing with paid pajeets is a whole different level of wasting your life.

>more pseudoscience
I'm perfectly healthy
>It isn't him
And I'm the dumb one here

Half the links are dead. Most are not related to the subject at hand.

Is English not your first language bro?

>Half the links are dead
No they;re not
>Most are not related to the subject at hand.
And yes they are
>Is English not your first language bro?
I'm American

Provide time stamp. This is the first time you’ve supposedly posted your body in 3 years of spamming your shit.

They’re blog posts from people with no relevant qualifications and are most ranting about decades old works. Not peer reviewed journals or expert consensus statements addressing recent findings of the WHO.

They got it from the marrow you idiot

No and I've admitted I've posted it before. You get nothing for drinking a shitton of dumbfuck juice and not paying attention. Why don't you post body?

So you’re willing to post your body but not with a simple time stamp?

Kek.

>They’re blog posts from people with no relevant qualifications and are most ranting about decades old works.
>Not peer reviewed journals or expert consensus statements addressing recent findings of the WHO.
>More not reading
I'm not going to post it even more just because it makes you this salty

It's expensive even in countries where it's a thing

>You get nothing for drinking a shitton of dumbfuck juice and not paying attention.

> Obsessively spams blogs (not academic studies, ever) on Jow Forums and on reddit because he doesn't know how to articulate information
> Does this at all hours every day
> Expects anyone to pay attention
oh lad

Attached: Raisetsu.jpg (1208x1422, 504K)

>because he doesn't know how to articulate information
>More Ad Hominems and clearly going as far to obsessively stalk and edit anons account
Post the one that clearly edits r/eggs to "The Egg Board". That ones been floating around a long while now too

Except if you eat it as a substitute for protein powder, you'll die.

tastes great but stupidly expensive

Meat?
What?

It's unhealthy, not because it's meat but because amount of salt in it.

you can get 1lb bags of biltong at walmart for only $10

it's pretty pricey everywhere.

I'd highly suggest making your own
most bought beef jerky contains a whole lot of s o y
s o y sauce is the main ingredient in the marinating of the jerky you find in stores
also better on costs, a small bag of beef jerky here in canada is like seven bucks

Best way to preserve meat, can be re-hydrated, lots of crude protein, low fat (fat goes rancid)..

Jerky was probably discovered by paleolithic man because leopards drag their kills up into trees to bake in the sun.

How's liver jerky?

user anyone saying the word processed doesn’t understand what a process is. It’s just a lifetime of buzzwords and meme diet of the week tier stuff til they die.

Hard to come by ones that dont have tons of sugar. Epic brand makes pork jerky with minimal ingredients, no sugar.

OOOOOOOO YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!

It's great but pricey and gets stuck in my teeth too much so I don't eat it. Based snack food though.

It's a good snack. I never buy it because it's expensive and costs a shit ton but I make my own sometimes.
I do the same with venison because I'll get sick of the steaks and sausages by the time I finish a whole deer.
>TFW sister divorces her husband and we don't hang around on his land and blast bambis anymore.
Fuck you, you adulterous cunt. Didn't even stop to think of the friendship she destroyed over a one night stand.
Miss you, breh.

Attached: 1445010133959.png (604x694, 75K)

Its tasty on occasion but I wouldn't use it as a staple. Too much sodium and nitrates

Ditch you sis and call ex-bro in law

WHY THE FUCK IS BILTONG CHEAPER OVERSEAS

I talked to him a few months ago online to return some of his fishing tackle but he told me to keep it.
Says he doesn't want to step on any toes as my mother took my sister's side on the matter.
I'm in college and live with my parents so I get his concern.
I move out after Christmas with my long-term gf so I'll probably try to get into contact with him again.
Women man, they love to just toss a wrench in a good thing.

Fpwp. No one cares what your opinion on it is if you have no experience with it. Please refrain from posting in the future and leave discussion on this forum to people from the first world.

Not them, just thought I'd add that you sound like a massive faggot and I hope you neck yourself.

If you buy beef jerky you are literally a turkey

Good shit but too expensive to be worth buying most of the time. Great for hiking.
You can make it yourself but it's kind of a pain to get right and unless you're hunting for the meat, in which case you get deer jerky which is very polarizing, it's still pretty pricey

What the fuck do you think you're kidneys are for?

>you don't live in the first world if beef jerky isn't a thing in your country
ok retard

There aren't many options for jerky in Australia and they aren't as good as what you Americans have.
Our best one lists "soi" as an ingredient.

>liver jerky
Curious for this also if someone knows

That looks like Americanized, moist garbage. I always had that as a kid and when u started making my own and buying the dry stuff, it's the best. You'll never know satisfaction like when you turn a while deer into pounds of jerky

Attached: c00900069_1280_wide-45c87740133ae6a26b3c3348b56239c69a5403fc-s800-c85.jpg (800x449, 107K)

Don't make it a staple of your diet or it will give you intestines/colon cancer

what the fuck is this body hair holy kek