How strong were you after 2 months of an LP?

How strong were you after 2 months of an LP?

Attached: Moot Squat.jpg (640x480, 83K)

Other urls found in this thread:

startingstrength.com/article/wndtp
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i dont actually lift i just shitpost here and im 310lbs

I don't lift I just do boxing and running cause I cayuse I grew up with Shonen

Can't remember exactly but I was definitely squatting more than 2 pl8

I can squat 85kg for 5 after 6 weeks
Is that bad?

who's that?

I started with the bar on stronglifts and it's been about 2 months.

Row - 52.5 kg
Bench - 50 kg
Squat - 62.5 kg
OHP - 30kg
Deadlift - 75 kg

All weights 5x5 except DLs. I do 5x5 curls with 12kg and some chinups occasionally. OHP really sucks and my bench form is atrocious. I found that slowing it down actually helped me a lot.

Attached: 1333797017302.jpg (496x500, 229K)

No, IIRC because it was SS Ripp writes in there that initially you should make 15lb jumps with the deadlift and 10lb jumps with the squats and it will level off after a few weeks where you need to start increasing by 5's and 10's

I miss him.

Attached: 1429079904058.png (1440x810, 689K)

I squatted somewhat more than 60 kg. A few months later somehow I couldn't get past 77.5kg.

Not very. Went from 65lb bench to 85lbs

Same

How long are you supposed to go with 10s on deadlifts? I think I have to more to 5/2.5kg but It's earlier than what people on the forums are saying

OHP is awful. I wonder though if it’s got something to do with the SL program not having enough supporting work for it because that’s what I’m using, too and I still haven’t completed a workout with 65lbs after about three months.

3 weeks into stronglifts and currently im squatting 105 kg, benching 65 kg and rowing 70 kg
all 5x5 of course

someone post the webm

No, but was running 40+ miles a week at the time so my legs were constantly overtrained and my squat did not improve, despite being less than 2pl8.
Trying again with better squat form and no cardio. Going to bulk from 150 to 180 or till I get too fat.
Deadlift went up to 3 pl8 though.

I dunno either. I remember in the past like 5 years ago it took me a very long time to work my way up to 40kg/~90lbs, but I wasn't eating or sleeping right. Now I'm doing both and still had to go from 32.5kg back down to 30kg after failing to get 5x5 twice.

Are you fat?

no, under 20% bodyfat
i did weightlifting before many years ago, just recently started exercising again. previous strength probably carries over to this day

>mfw started lifting 2 weeks ago on a LP program
>everything progressing very quickly other than OHP which i had to buy microplates for
Why is that shit so fucking hard?

We all do.

Attached: USAKA's birtghtay.png (1889x706, 173K)

It uses the least amount of muscle

I didn't ask that expecting to get an actual answer. Neat, ty user, I'm gonna say that to my lifting buddy next time we complain about it so he thinks I'm smart.

Attached: d2.png (558x382, 217K)

you should think about percentages, of course its easier to add 2,5 kg to squat for example compared to ohp because you probably squat
well over double the amount you can press

You’re literally me, except I don’t OHP.

today is exactly 2 months since I started using nsuns 6 day split
>did some shit bodybuilding split 2 months before
>form was trash and I had no strength
OHP 95lb > 105lb
Bench 125lb > 155lb
Squat 185lb > 205lb (I "hit" a 260 squat but had virtually no depth and had to reset my squat until I got form down)
Dead 245lb > 275lb
one day I'll be strong

Same. Occasionally I consider taking the advice I give here but the have another slice of cake. I weigh 285lbs

5 weeks since I started lifting
OHP 60kg x5
bench 85kg x5
squat 60kg x5

i have no idea what program that is but judging by your progression its shit and you should change to something different

>squatting as much as you ohp

Holy shit who knew that based moot was a fellow Jow Forumsizen

Attached: 1532288811664.jpg (639x960, 99K)

I did them until I had to reset then switched to 5's

>OHP 60kg x5
>squat 60kg x5

Attached: 1561824101371.jpg (258x254, 38K)

How much was that?

it increases in weight by 5lb each week starting from a training max based on your 1rm
I haven't actually tried for a new 1rm at any point since I started but I feel like I've definitely gained strength
I plan on quitting at 3 months regardless though

its just the strength level you have, i would expect someone with those numbers to progress faster. but yeah it depends on other factors too obviously like gender and size

Don't want to turn into a typical t-rex natty squatting 3 times a week, i avoid that shit for the most part do 5x5 once a week, been blessed with good calve genes so my legs look okay'ish which i cant say about my shoulders and back

lol

I had basically no base strength when I started it, my ohp was stalled at 95 for a month straight, bench I barely I even hit the one rep 125lb, squat was shit because no depth regardless of the weight and my deadlift form was all fucked as well. I'd like to think I could hit quite a bit higher than what I'm actually at for all my lifts right now but I've just been following the program instead of testing.

My deadlift is stalling at 100kg wtf do I do

are you doing lots of mobility work? quite simply just sitting in a squat for like 30 minutes a day does wonders

Not really desu, I've never really done any.

i would 100% recommend focusing on mobility much more than strength. its better for overall health and its necessary for long term strength progression too

squat

Do you have any kind of like routine recommendation or something? I'm entirely clueless on mobility work.

I squat every workout

I started 3 weeks after you with bar as well. I just added more weight to it because I could. Mine are higher probably because I was doing calisthenics before.

Attached: 20190815_114943.jpg (1080x1315, 83K)

nope, but it's not rocket science. just focus on improving your squat position. google hip and ankle mobility exercises

oh for squatting I actually have done some mobility, it's the only type of mobility stuff I've ever done
my hips were the biggest issue but I started doing hip thrusts, leg swings, and hip circles prior to squatting and it's helped immensely
will look into ankle mobility though cuz that might be even more helpful

Around 250

2 months in doing Ivysaur. These are all 4x4
>Bench: 85lbs to 140lbs
>Squat: 135lbs to 185lbs
>Deadlift: 145lbs to 230lbs
>OHP: bar to 85lbs

Attached: moot.png (1264x1818, 839K)

Moot I think

My starting lifts werent my max efforts at 5 reps because I wanted ease into the routine. Regardless, session 1 looked something like this (in US lbs)
Squat: 115
Bench: 95
DL: 135
OHP: 65
I did SS for 3-4 months and my lifts were around these (3x5):
Squat: 205
Bench: 165
DL: 235
OHP: 105
Then I went on a weeklong alcohol bender because of vacation that totally fucked up my mood and motivation. I came back and didn’t want to do shit. The longer I waited, the less inclined I was to actually lift because I didn’t want to be weaker and I didn’t want to suffer the leg DOMS. I’m sad to say I took about 4 months off. I started lifting again around the beginning of July this year. I’m making amazing progress and after not even 2 months my lifts are higher than they were when I stopped:
Squat: 215
Bench: 185
DL: 275
OHP: 125
I’m trying not to consume alcohol until my birthday in October. It really is the ultimate gains goblin especially if you are an insecure/unfulfilled person.

eat more

Did SS for ~3 months:

Squat 155 lbs x 5 --> 300 lbs x 5
Bench 150 lbs x 5 --> 200 lbs X 5
Deadlift 200 lbs x 5 --> 315 lbs x 5
OHP 115 lbs x 5 --> 135 lbs x 5

6' 190lbs for reference

those are really impressive results after only 3 months. Are you sure you aren’t larping? Were you totally untrained

have fun with e-statters lol

Attached: Screenshot_37.png (1388x353, 30K)

nice work, looks like you'll hit 1/2 before 3/4

what does this mean? Are those stats from people done with novice gains?

Thanks friend. I do a lot of upper body accessory work. It also took me a while to figure out how to really perform the squat and DL effectively. I’m also a 5’6 natty turbo manlet so I’m not expecting to lift earth shattering numbers.

18th week of SS

Dead 225x5
Squat 195x5
Bench 155x5
Press [spoiler]95x4 FML[/spoiler]

Should have eaten more bros. DYEL as fuark.

He screenshotted his own post for cope. It’s just his opinion that people on Jow Forums that post stats are actually much weaker than they say. I’m not going to pretend I’m a strongman but I outlift the stats in his pic related. Do some lie? I’m sure. Is the majority of Jow Forums relatively weak? Probably. Does a good amount not even lift or work out? Definitely. But there’s also a decent amount of experienced lifters, powerfats, and frauds

>press
I started unlocking my knees and really activated my entire lower body. No hip drive though, I just hold that position instead of locked out knees because it feels way more stable. My OHP went from plateau to progressing 25lbs more just from that. And now when I do strict lock out knees I can lift more than before I started unlocking them

Based as fuck

Depending on how long ago it was, might now be strength, just muscle memory and a familiarity with the movements. It's very easy to get back to where you were, compared to making new gains. Same thing happened to me, did weightlifting throughout high school, didn't touch weights for 4 years, got back into it and regained all the strength I had in about 3 months.

Your Deadlift is shit wtf

is it possible to pull this off natty? Or will I need to invent a Mongolian basket weaving image based website?

God bless you fat fuck.

Based

1.5 months in
85lbs OHP from bar
145 lbs bench from 80
165 lbs squat from 130

Currently still working on getting my weight down from 200lbs to 190, then I'll start eating maintenance and hopefully will be making actual gains instead of this because its getting frustrating. Only bench is really progressing but it almost got to the point where I was benching my squat at one point

What’s the hard part of your squats and why you fail reps

Jesus Christ

Is this achievable natty?

Busted squatting the bar

Attached: 1296343656827.jpg (310x310, 29K)

Bench: 60kg
OHP: 35kg
Squat: 75kg
Deadlift: 77kg

Attached: 20190807_141807.jpg (720x712, 145K)

Legit values, similar for me. If you are a beginner don't go to fast. Technique first, let your body adapt and don't ego lift because everybody does 1/2/3/4/5.

startingstrength.com/article/wndtp
There's the average numbers based on training logs from the SS forums. The squat number is inline with what he posted, they didn't specify the others.Some coaches seem to say that the average for squat is 275lbs/120kg, which I'm assuming they're basing on clients they have coached.

satoshi nakamoto, the owner of Jow Forums

Based

you sound like those chicks that are scared of doing weights because they don't want to get huge muscles, as long as you're doing plenty of upper body movements its not a problem to grow squats

Snacks

I've only gone to the gym 3-4 times in the past 3 months or so. I have absolutely no motivation to go and a bag full of excuses to make