Is happiness achievable natty bros?

is happiness achievable natty bros?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 166K)

no
why do you think heroin exists

Sure, you have to meditate for a while though.
The equivalent of using steroids would be meditation + responsible use of psychedelics.

Happiness is nice, but it isn't the goal of living. Such a way of living causes you to oscillate between sadness, and ecstasy. The constant, cycle inevitably ends in depression because it amounted to nothing.

happiness is fleeting

I would define happiness not necessarily as an endless state of bliss, but as freedom from falling into hellacious mental states.
This can be accomplished with more conscious awareness, which is the purpose of meditation.

Happiness is a consequence of gratitude. Be thankful for what you have.

get fucked Marcus

this desu

Very little is needed to make a happy life, user. It is all within yourself and your way of thinking.

If you depend on material objects or reaching life goals to reach happiness, then you'll never find it.

The inevitable depression behind a cynical view of the cycle happiness and sadness is just an estimation of your future feelings. Remove this estimation and there's nothing in the way of being happy.

Happiness is for women (particularly mothers) and children. Happiness should not be present in men.

This is your brain on ZOG

Attached: 1535158154471.png (253x229, 101K)

Have you ever discarded for a period of time material concerns. Like not with fuck you money but just a total disregard for the system to live alone?

>it is wholesomely peaceful
>life feels like slavery in comparison

i think youre confusing happiness with content.
no one is happy all the time

This. To be content and grateful constitutes a major step toward happiness and peace if not a true realization of these. This involves appreciating your degree of control over your life.

define natty happiness

music, a walk in the white mountains, a good bottle of wine can all make me happy, but if those count as not natty then the only one to achieve natty happiness was Siddhartha

you ever wake up and wonder what it's like to be this fucking stupid

This is a good description. Also making money/having some responsibility prevents you from falling into horrible mental states if you're someone who gets depressed/anxious about that sort of thing

Does meditation actually make you happier, or just calmer? Or does the latter lead to the former?

Both. It has a slew of benefits.
In regards to how it increases happiness, meditation makes you more satisfied with what you have in the present moment, and reduces rumination, which can drastically decrease the length of a depressive episode.

Just go have some good ol sex and you'll feel better

I want to feel good about myself like everybody else seems to do. I can't seem to do that even though I'm where I wanted to be with my physique. I put in effort and am doing relatively well in life.

I've just had my heart shattered so many times that I just don't trust anyone anymore. I want to feel content, but I'm in limbo. I can't escape.

Attached: image_13.jpg (1041x1600, 335K)

>I want to feel good about myself like everybody else seems to do
You can stop thinking that everyone's life is perfect. My friend just had a kid with his wife that he's been in a relationship since he was in high school. Sounds amazing on the surface, right? Except he's and English teacher and she's an art teacher. They don't make dick for money and essentially just took out a $250k loan that'll take a minimum of 18 years to pay off. He also had to work in the cornfields detasseling (look it up) from 4am-4pm every day this summer just to make enough money to get by. Last I saw him he couldn't even spend money on food going out because he was on such a tight budget. He's also trying to get his Master's as well so he can go from making jack shit to just jack. Add in the hospital bills and tell me; does his life sound amazing any more? All at 24 when he is fresh outta college and could do just about anything he wants?

Everyone has their own struggles. Appreciate what you have.

Happiness can come in natty and non-natty forms, but it's one of those things that you can't hit by aiming for it. Aim for dignity, user. Dignity can only come in the natty form, it can't be faked. At the same time, everyone has it. Every human being is a living soul with an undeniable dignity. This is why everyone has the potential of making it. Stop thinking in terms of worth, it only leads to darkness for the type of person who visits Jow Forums. Sometimes, you're worth a lot, sometimes, you're worthless. Don't cling to the hunt for happiness through increasing your worth. Just realise the dignity you already have within yourself, and then do the things you want do do with your life.

We're all gonna make it.

Yes. Pick a lofty goal and strive for it.

No you need to do artificial drugs like ecstasy

Not really, lifting is the only happiness I get.

It's a new world user, getting satisfaction from spirituality or morality isn't really feasible anymore. You won't really matter to your community no matter how much you give it. If you're past a certain age it's probably just more of the same till your dead and you better like it or at least not complain because no one likes an emotional man. Just get your happy from a high, smooth brains are in vogue.

Attached: 1519069659636.gif (750x750, 1.87M)