/fast/ #477 - no sleep edition

>What is /fast/?
Fast is a thread for the discussion of intermittent fasting, fasting, water fasting, and dry fasting.

>WATCH THIS BEFORE ASKING STUPID QUESTIONS
youtube.com/watch?v=APZCfmgzoS0&feature=youtu.be
While you're at it watch the rest of this guy's videos on nutrition.

>REQUIRED READING!!!!!
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3946160/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2440847/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4111762/

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC329619/pdf/jcinvest00482-0014.pdf

>WHAT IS AUTOPHAGY?
idmprogram.com/fasting-and-autophagy-mtor-autophagy-1/

>HERES WHY YOU ARENT ACTUALLY HUNGRY IF YOU HAVE MORE THAN 8% BODYFAT
youtu.be/dFT2IKmwyfg
>Tumors
youtube.com/watch?v=LGafhm1cuSI

>HOW DO I SAFELY FAST?
Google snake juice. Not strictly necessary, especially for short fasts (Sugar is more addictive than coke
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23719144

>WHAT SHOULD MY FASTING ROUTINE LOOK LIKE?
If you're lean, 5:2!-- OMAD (one meal a day, 1-2 hour eating window) 5 days a week + 48 hour fast a week. Also look up leangains.
If you're a fatass, FAST UNTIL YOU AREN'T.

>WONT I GO INTO STARVATION MODE AND DIE?!
You don't have the willpower to fast to death. Now look down. See that large bulbous gut? That's food. Thousands and thousands of calories stored and ready to be consumed by your body.

>WONT I LOSE MUSCLE?
This is the coolest part about fasting. Your body remains very MUSCLE SPARING when you fast.

Attached: 98e5x4239wnx.png (640x539, 124K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/WWYdDs9SbqE
youtu.be/z1hk5eEwO34
youtube.com/watch?v=yL0RzgUpGjk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

op here in regards of the no sleep, I can't, for the love of god, fall asleep after my second day
anyone else having the same issue? anything to fix it? it's already 6 h past my regular bedtime I just wanna catch some zzzs

Attached: d06.png (481x406, 64K)

Yeah. Hunter's high dude. Your body is like "go get up and kill something for us to eat."

Just stay up and write your manifesto bro.

is there anything else one can do since I'd like to have the recovery of sleep

Have you tried melatonin at all?
>inb4 a 1mg pill breaks your fast

>very MUSCLE SPARING
Hahahahahahahaaahhahahahahaahahhaahhahahhahahaahhahahaahhahhahahahahahahaahhaaahhahahaaahaahahhahaahahaaaaahahaahaahaaahahaahahahahahaahhahahahahaahahahaahaahahahaahahahahahahaha

youtu.be/WWYdDs9SbqE

Can't get that stuff here in germany

Question: Pickles have zero calories, even bigass pickles.

What would happen if you ate pickles on a fast for sustenance? Like not obscene amounts and die of salt poisoning, but like 3-5 a day. How much would it fuck staying in a fasted state?

I wonder what's the cause that people experience during fasting for sleep. Any bros have any medical studies/videos relating to it, would be an interesting read.

When i did my 4 day fast, I slept like a fucking baby, perhaps due to the cardio I did 2-3 hours before hand? I get atleast 7 hours of sleep, even longer at times, never came in and out of my sleep either. Yall niggas experiment and hope for the best.

Don't know a specific answer for this, but you could perhpas get ketone sticks and measure, 15,30minutes to an hour with them and see.

The other answer is, stop being a pussy and dont rely on a "food" product to help.

Coffee and smokes and cold diet cokes
That's what pretty girls are made of

Cortisol. Mine shoots up at night and I feel fucking woke and can't sleep at all.

Pickles have calories you fucking retard

FACT: 99.9% of fit healthy individuals accomplish their goals by eating healthy appropriately-sized portions of food, and working hard everyday.

I'm not anti-fasting (especially for people who are hugely obese and have binge eating disorders), and I have even completed a few very short fasts to challenge my willpower. And I'm glad you all have found your niche and you're all trying to make it..

But some posters ITT who act like fasting on salt water only, for 30 days at a time, for the rest of your life, is the only way to lose weight and be Jow Forums, are brainwashed and narrow minded fools. These posters spend way too much time on youtube watching videos (by posters with credentials/souces you don't vet), and buy it as Gopel. (No different from a cult member or a religious individual.) Take what these posters say with a grain of salt. You should go outside and socialize and spend more time with actual humans living in society, and talk with the Jow Forums people you meet. Ask them what they do to stay in shape. 99% of them will not say they do prolonged snake juice fasts. Try suggesting long term snake juice fasts to Jow Forums people you meet in your day to day life. Get some feedback from Jow Forums people you see in real life, rather than someone posting at a computer.

1/2

Attached: 1553482430163m.jpg (640x539, 53K)

2/2

If you're new to these fasting threads, just be sure to take everything you read with a grain of salt. No one responding to you is a medical professional and just because they watched some video doesn't make the information contained within it correct. Every person is different but 99% of fit and healthy individuals eat healthy and workout daily and don't ever need to try drastic crash diets.

Trial and Error is your friend. Try out a routine for a few months, and if that doesn't work, try something different. I believe Fasting is a last resort after you've tried everything you can.

And NEVER fast because you think it's the easy way out. Many fasters ITT are only fasting because they are too lazy to work hard. Sweating and working out is hard. Cooking homemade healthy food and meticulously tracking your food intake is hard work. Don't chose to fast just because you want to be lazy and lay around all day, because once you finally start to eat again, you will gain back any weight you lost frok living a lazy sedentary lifestyle. Start developing active healthy habits NOW. Dont chose to be lazy your entire life.

Thanks for reading. And be safe. We're all going to make it (but most dont need snake juice fasting to make it)

>inb4 SEETHING
Just offering some reasonable advice guys, chillllll out!! LOL

Attached: 1544502872218.jpg (750x546, 73K)

Satan be gone!

If I’m doing a fast with the express purpose of not stopping the fast until I’m 60lb lighter is one low sugar Gatorade acceptable as a snake juice supplement per day? They are 50cal

you would lose weight but you arent gonna get the full benefits of water fasting because it has calories and spikes insulin

id probably stick to the no calorie powerades which should have similar electrolytes but will barely spike your insulin, if you are insistent on avoiding snake juice

>is it acceptable
snake juice is more concentrated, sports drinks hardly have electrolytes by comparison but you know just go by how you feel day to day

snake juice is dog shit

OMAD is infinitely better

>fasting for days/weeks/months at a time
>video on IF
try again

who here has gone carnivore?

my dog

>tfw broke my 5 day fast earlier and ordered 3 pizzas
>smashed 2 and threw the third in the bin

Welp

what a waste, have some control user

>fasting
>drinking gatorade that has sugar in it
pick one fatty, anything with sugar or calories will break your fast, man up and make some fucking actual snake juice

Get back on it. Dont be like me

same here, fucking sucks. i normally fall completely unconscious in 15 min. now it's very light sleep and wake up super early in the morning.

how would you justify it? once you break the mental block of not eating putting stuff in your mouth can lead to a relapse. drink coffee or something to suppress the hunger.

why do people try to complicate the program. its always the same thing. you have a pre-set rules that you need to follow. stronglifts, 531 etc and there's always some retard trying to customize.

dont drink sugar. do a refeed and exercise, jump back on the fast

Can you fuck up your metabolism by on and off again fasting? I was doing 7 day fasts for 3 months and lost 20kg+, but I've been inconsistent lately and haven't moved on the scale when I probably should have... Thoughts?

I slept 10 hours a day on fatty diet, with OMAD its less than 8 hours and I feel a lot better and my apnea is gone

Forget it even happened and get back on your feet

Or 3 day fast with water only for that matter

Noooooo try dr.berry's ketorade it's on YouTube check it out

Attached: images (4).jpg (680x451, 31K)

question, how long into a fast should i start drinking snake juice? is it jumping the gun to have it like 10 hours in?

depends how fat are you. at a certain point your metabolism slows down. thats why you do refeeds.

When do you guys consider a fast as having started?
>immediately after last meal
>once hunger feeling starts

what does it really matter?

immediately after last meal is a undisputed point in time

what can i do if i sleep eat? am i totally fucked?

6 hours after the last meal when insulin is down

thanks

Woke up with really dry tongue, now the tip has this bulging bump on it.
Anyone suffer from this? Will continued fasting help heal this?

can somoene please answer my questions please

its probably a pimple on your tongue. fasting has nothing to do with it

stop eating at your sleep? lock down your food somehow.

is a 20 day water fast good if i want to lose 15kg or should i do it for a longer period time?

holy shit, how can anyone answer this question without more details?

calculate your TDEE and see for yourself, but yes probably 30-40 days will get you what you want.

It depends on your activity level and weight. I'm on the last 3 days of a 21 day fast and I am down 12kg (104 to 92 as of this morning), so if you're a fat piece of shit like me, then the odds are pretty good.

Attached: 1564070383312.jpg (851x1067, 83K)

Pic is current body, excuse the autism that is the chair, it was to frame it right. How much body fat could I lose in the next 30-60 days healthily and diligently, I need to eat at least 3 days a week for workouts as I despise lifting while fasted. I'm very experienced with fasting so other than that I could theoretically skip eating every other day but that sounds pretty harsh for recovery. Also how long would it take to get abs if I had a perfect routine and diet? Appreciate any educated guesses and advice.

Attached: IMG_6337.jpg (425x650, 50K)

pic without the dress lol, also stats are 175 5'10

Attached: IMG_6347.jpg (388x712, 51K)

Right here.
>Although I do have small (>1oz) bites of fermented/pickled items that I believe are amazingly good for my body. Stuff like kimchi

I love it. I stay in deep ketosis constantly even after a refeed. I never feel super full/tired after a refeed.

AMA

but sir, protein intake of over ~150 takes you out of ketosis, how fucking little are you eating

Lmao

Post Body

1 post up, ain't ashamed, I lost 80 since being fat boy when I was younger doing keto

well still a fatboy but its fine still losing

who /AteTooMuchAndNowProlongedFastingOutOfGuilt/ here?

Attached: 98c0422bf9d994445f38967aeabd14084dc24c29f3118fdc244baeeb029b1623.png (244x370, 73K)

>who has a crippling and unhealthy eating disorder here
...yea me too

Attached: 1566015324271.jpg (708x480, 37K)

>Every person is different but 99% of fit and healthy individuals eat healthy and workout daily and don't even need to try drastic crash diets.

Or they just have a metabolism that naturally prevents them from being one of the 40% of people who are obese. If 40% of people are obese then it's time to consider the possibility that our current eating habits are just wrong.

>No one responding to you is a medical professional

Good. Doctors don't know shit about diet, there's no money to be made in telling people to eat right. Their job is to throw pills at you. If you have a dietary question they'll regurgitate the standard FDA dietary recommendations which were arrived at through a political process and in the face of objections from the scientific community, the response to which was: "Senators don’t have the luxury that the research scientist does of waiting until every last shred of evidence is in."

>I believe Fasting is a last resort after you've tried everything you can.

There's nothing strange or dangerous about fasting. It's a feature of every culture in the world. The ancient Greeks used fasting for mental sharpness, and turns out they were pretty good at thinking. Every religious tradition in the world has some form of fasting event. The idea that you have to eat every 3 hours or you'll fucking die is a counterproductive cultural anomaly that we happen to be saddled with, and which is making everybody fat because their bodies are constantly pumping out insulin in response to food so that their glucagon can't do its job.

>Many fasters ITT are only fasting because they are too lazy to work hard.

Fasting has nothing to do with being lazy or sedentary, you can incorporate it into any diet regimen you happen to be on, and you can (and should) exercise during your fasts, during which cardio is especially effective.

You clearly don't know what you're talking about, but thanks for the normie advice.

Attached: thisguy.jpg (200x219, 10K)

I had a cheat day yesterday because I was at a party and ate 2k cal too much. Cutting 1k cal today and tomorrow I hope it compensates.

Based and Redpilled

>>Many fasters ITT are only fasting because they are too lazy to work hard.
I lifted 5 days a week over a year to the point of passing out and never lost a kg
been on OMAD for 5 days and the benefits are enormous

I did omad for a long ass time but keep in mind that it provides sup bar protein intake as the body at most will only convert 30g per meal towards protein synthesis. This is somewhat of a grey area as it's not sure how fasting may affect this or consistent eating schedules like omad. But def keep this in mind

I get tired more easily and fall asleep faster during a fast.

Finishing my third consecutive 44/4 fast with some chicken breast boiled with salt and some light seasoning. I'mma eat around 400g of it.

Can I use the cooking water as broth during fast? I don't know if it would break my fast...

Tell you the truth, I could handle 68/4 but I'm pretty satisfied with my results so far, so I'm not pushing it yet.

Looks like I'm gonna make it brahs?

dead silence kek, any reasonable response to high protein kicking you out of keto?

Attached: 1563535950916.png (283x272, 57K)

>Can I use the cooking water as broth during fast?

The point of bone broth is that you cook bones in water over a long period of time to get all the nutrients out. Shit like collagen. Water that you used to boil chicken before eating it is not broth.

>I don't know if it would break my fast...

Broth has calories, so if you're fasting in a way that allows you to consume calories then no it won't break your fast. If you're actually fasting and not eating any food at all, then yes it will break your fast.

why the FUCK is it so hard to find potassium chloride in canada

Attached: tzw99urbp1t01.jpg (600x439, 23K)

>canada
cucked

thanks breh

I agree whole heartedly. I'm kind of pissed my only option is to spend $45 on 2 11 ounce containers.

Would fasting kill my gains? I don't have the energy to work out when i'm fasting.

Just take melatonin

Will Green tea + ginger + two slices of lemon in 2lt of water break my fast? Dr. Fung says I'm save but I'm never completely sure.

Should be fine brah

Isn't Cole from Canada? Just watch his video on what to use

Asking this in here as well as qtddtot since I figure you all would have more experience with this. I'm planning to do a deload next week before moving on to a new program. I'm already somewhat lean but have a few last pounds I'd like to shed if possible. I've seen success with fasting before and therefore have been considering doing one (probably 72 hours) before starting my new program, but I'm unsure if it would mess with effectiveness of my deload at all. Is this a good idea? Have any of you fasted during a deload before? Did it hamper your recovery at all?

youtu.be/z1hk5eEwO34

>watch and learn

great livestream, I watched the whole thing
Cole is a natural at motivational ranting

Attached: 1565912083192.png (1177x1395, 1.69M)

Yeah he's pretty motivational

Nice to hear him answer questions about different body types, because you learn there's many different variations you can do...
.... but ultimately STOP EATING FATTY

Yes. You're receiving some form of nutrition. But nearly everyone on here are about losing weight than the actual healing that fasting can do for you, so it's no biggie if that's the case. I'm assuming you were strictly water fasting, btw.

After watching this video
I can tell he is from somewhere up north. Just the way he says anything ending in -out

Can i add Honey to my snake juice for that salty sweet harmony?

Video Highlights:

Around ~38 minute mark:
>cole is going to fly a 500lb person to live witb him while they fast and he's going to help them lose weight fasting

Around 43 minute mark:
>women are a WASTE OF TIME
>pussy is A WASTE OF TIME THAT SLOWS YOU DOWN
>if a women in your life isn't adding value to your life KICK HER TO THE FUCKING CRUB

Holy. Fucking. Shit. Bros.

Based.

Attached: Apollo_of_the_Belvedere.jpg (1200x2045, 255K)

I'm thinking about doing a water fast but I'm a little scared that something might go wrong and I'll do irreversible damage to my body
I should be fine as long as I'm not underweight right?

>be me
>be fat
>been trying to fast for 3 years
>never have willpower
>36 hours into fast
>get hunger craving
>drive to panda express
>remember this food wont do anything for me
>turn around

Kinda just beat the game of life

PS: enjoy the feels
youtube.com/watch?v=yL0RzgUpGjk

Attached: 1563068558346.jpg (1490x648, 166K)

where can I find more info about this image?

/x/ shit

being a manlet is painful... why was I born

>cole living with a fatty

Cole is going to kill her

Meal plan at my school is unlimited Monday-Friday. would it be a bad idea to just pack on those days and not eat on Saturday or Sunday?

Are you fat?
>if yes, stop eating
>if no, you probably are, and you should stop eating

alright fasting bros time to check in
>hours into fast
>how are you feeling

reminder not to break your fast early, if you are struggling you should be posting here

Attached: E1B0C03E36A748D5B6DB3A3345D9B7FA.jpg (1080x1080, 140K)

dont be scared. you will not die. you will not fuck anything up. just start fasting. 48 hours 72 hours a week a month, just start

Water fasting, WTF? I've been doing it for 38 hours and only drinking water gets me chapped lips and yellowish brown pee.

I've actually fasted for two weeks with a meal in between. Losing 2 lbs a day. I'm a skelly underneath anyway. Honestly it's 100% true that it's easier for a skinny person to start working out than a fat person. Being heavy is like moving through mud every day. It feels like shit. Fat feels like shit. You want to sleep all the time. When you're not sleeping you want to sit down and eat. Now that I've been fasting I don't have time to eat, and I move around a lot more.

I think it's a dude, but if it isn't, cole is probably gonna thin her down then fuck her. It's like his fetish.

Realistically If I do a 28 day fast, how much wieght will I loose?

I'm 250, 6'4", the only work out I do is 15 push ups, 25 sit ups every morning

He said on the stream that it's a chick

what do the numbers signify?

of course. but its a crash diet. you get to a point you like and then workout as you normally would. you dont fast to gain but to lose fat. at best you can expect to preserve muscle.

whats with the flickering? is it the lizard people trying to brainwash us?

sure, go ahead. add calories to your diet on a fast. completely checks out.