Reddit PPL

Is reddit PPL the best workout for Beginners/early intermediates?

PUSH

4x5, 1x5+ bench press/4x5, 1x5+ overhead press
3x8-12 overhead press/3x8-12 bench press
3x8-12 incline dumbbell press
3x8-12 triceps pushdowns SS
3x15-20 lateral raises
3x8-12 overhead triceps extensions SS 3x15-20 lateral raises

PULL

Deadlifts 1x5+/Barbell rows 4x5, 1x5+
3x8-12 Pulldowns OR Pullups OR chinups
3x8-12 seated cable rows OR chest supported rows
5x15-20 face pulls
4x8-12 hammer curls
4x8-12 dumbbell curls

LEGS

2x5, 1x5+ squat
3x8-12 Romanian Deadlift
3x8-12 leg press
3x8-12 leg curls
5x8-12 calf raises

Attached: 1563516225444.jpg (460x491, 42K)

yeah its pretty good

It's reddit so no but its PPL so yes

thanks

ss+gomad

I've been doing that PPL for a while now and I am wondering how to add dips to it? Any suggestions?

alternate with incline DB bench

PPL is like diet coke.

What is real coke?

>alternate with incline DB bench

why not decline?

SS 3.0 + GOMAD + Thulean Ancestral Worship

cringe

seething

dilate

Would hip thrusts be a good substitute for leg press?

Attached: marisssssa-friendofgay-he-thicc-guys-who-have-a-nice-ass-25051433[1].png (500x708, 158K)

You're already squating, so yes

both hip thrusts and leg presses are fucking homosexual

go see a priest and confess your sins

Attached: ironpill1.jpg (436x703, 39K)

No, beginners do not have the work capacity to do 20+ sets per workout, and they won't improve quickly if they're doing 15 exercises.
SS or SL for 6 months, then you can switch to whatever the fuck you want. Jumping into a high volume bodybuilding split before you can even squat 1xBW will get you nowhere.

any ppl program is good as long as it isn't stupid enough to program deadlifts on pull day since deadlifts are LEG EXERCISE. im a big fan of Jeffs PPL program my self

Attached: 1555871083346.png (683x298, 60K)

Post jeffs version then nonce

Sorry, I don't help poor people

post investment portfolio

>they won't improve quickly if they're doing 15 exercises

I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say this. It's advertised as "beginners" and no beginner should run this many workouts.

My summer Chalet. I only invest in real estate because passive income is best income.

Attached: 1563421050827.jpg (3264x1418, 1.39M)

He's saying swap out one day of incline for dips

If you look at reddit plenty of skellies and fatties run it and are fine. This stuff about "beginners can't do lots of work" is nonsense. Unless you're eating like shit or dying you'll be fine.

Yes, don't fall for the SS meme

IMO completely gym noobs should lift 3x week. After some strength and form knowledge and frustration of constant stalling, switch to 4x upper/lower split and finally, to 5/6x PPL or any other combination.
Zero to 6 days is a waste from progressive overload perspective.

It's too complicated for a beginner to stick to.

SS - GOMAD + chinups

I did SS for 3month this year into some retarded shit like Westside for skinny incels
I coming back home soon after a month of no lifting, since I'm under 1/2/3/4, should I redo SS until stall into ppl, or SS into nsuns 531?
My goal is to look big and have room to do hip thrusts since my ass is flat despite squatting 2plates for reps

I haven't done the reddit PPL but I assume it will work better for improving work capacity than SS. I know my work capacity was awful after SS.

Routine doesn't matter that much desu, I have a friend who does bro splits and looks really good after like 1.5 years of training. I do push/pull routine 4 times a week where I work every body part twice a week. Just have enough volume and don't work your bodyparts when they aren't recovered. Problem is, people get obsessed about their bench,squat and deadlift but to actually look good you need arms/shoulders and other accessories if you only do bench,squat,deadlift,rows and ohp you will look like a trex and a fridge you need things for width and arm volume. Compounds don't work your arms and shoulders enough, you will be narrow as hell with no arms, I've seen guys in the gym that can bench 315 but look like they've been lifting for 6 months cause only thing they do for years is just bench/squat/dlift/row/ohp. If you do SS add some accesories and after 6 months switch to a different routine.

Lmao that picture is subtly hilarious

>Rome niggers
>nordcuck symbol

Attached: 853C8BC2-125C-4716-BF85-FAAAAD9E770D.jpg (1416x1050, 215K)

The joke is because pain in French means bread or baguette, and the picture is using baguettes as legs

Upper/Lower is better than PPL and that's a FACT

wait that's wrong i need to clarify that it's more like

Upper (minus back and bis)
Lower (plus back and bis

Splits are irrelevant to progressive overload. Do you even know what that means? You can go 3x a week and repeat the same shit... no PO. Or do full body 1x a week and progress from week to week.

I've been on 5x5 for 3 months, looking for something with more volume. Would Reddit PPL be a good choice or should I just go with some sort of upper/lower split? Or a different PPL?
I heard good things about nsuns too but people say it's brutal if you aren't bulking... and I'm cutting.
I deadlift 105kg and squat 90kg btw.

Penguinz0 legs

Damn 6 times a week? Isn't that too much?

It's specifically designed for beginners who want to work out as much as possible. Of course it's not gonna have many rest days.

Can someone tell a noob retard like me what the fuck
>3x8-12
is?
3 sets, 8 reps, of 12 reps? wat?

Nevermind I'm a fucking idiot ignore this PLS DELET I JUST REALIZED 8-12 REPS FUCK.

Attached: GosRage.jpg (580x548, 21K)

3 sets of 8-12 reps

Too much shit, not enough focus. PPL is an autistic meme.

Who the fuck needs to do 8 sets curls? Nobody outside elite bodybuilders.

8 to 12 reps

Reminder that PPL is the stupidest shit ever devised in fitness.

What's a good hypertrophy program then

most important thing is weekly volume aka how many sets and reps per body part and number two is that you hit each body part 2 times a week. That is not necessary but it seems to be better then hitting a part just once. Beyond that, it dosn't fucking matter if you do a whole body 6 times a week or if you do a ppl or a upper lower or a upper lower push pull or a whatever fuck kind of twisted combination your depraved fucking mind can come up with. Just pick a fucking program and do it

>for Beginners
fuck no.
>early intermediates
it's not actively bad (other than the lack of power cleans, but if you don't wanna do them, it's your body), but
you're progressing the lifts 2/week, while having to go to the gym 6/week.
what is your goal? getting strong, or spending time in the gym?
the routine will bring some decent gains, it would have to be a total clusterfuck not to, but it's not optimal for growth OR time.

SS master race in full force I see

Attached: 100301_front.jpg (480x640, 130K)

16 sets of curls per week is a good number, not too many, not too few.
But since they're at the gym 6/week, they might just do 2 or 3 sets every day instead.