/plg/ powerlifting general

rip edition

Attached: toosoon.png (632x473, 395K)

Other urls found in this thread:

limelightmagazine.com.au/news/testosterone-classical-music-dont-mix-study-finds/
harvarddesignmagazine.org/issues/45/nominal-versus-actual-a-history-of-the-2x4
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And the Bloatlord said unto the thread "Blessed be ye who post lifts , for they shall make gainz, and cursed be the wreched, who claw at the ankles of those who train."

Attached: supremebloat.jpg (300x300, 61K)

does incline bench have carryover to flat bench

yes

Redpill me on 5/3/1
I have been doing it for a month and it feels really good

neat, i'll train it hard for a month

Buy "Forever," it's all in there.

Squuuuuiiisiisshsshshs SPLOOOOOP PLOOOOP SPLOOOOPLOOOIOOP
WOW THOSE WERE Three massive logs of Norman khan

Plop plop

Splosh PLOOOP PLOOOP!!
BRFAPLOOOPLOOOP!!!

SPLAAASG PLOOOOP!!! SPLAASH!

WOW LOKE 5 MORE LOGS

WOW

Drop!

If it works, then it works. Run it until it stops working, then make changes based on the shit Wendler talks about in the books

What do you think about laying in bed at night?

should I just 5x5 bench until I reach 2pl8? I just wanna get stronger at flat bench.

If it works, yes. Read practical programming to know what to do when it doesn't work anymore

I'm taking a huge stinky shit right now and I guarantee it's bigger and stinkier than yours, you little twink.

You'll never take a bigger shit than Sean's mom did 26 years ago.

Do you think somewhere on an AOL BBS there's a post by Retired Interracial Enthusiast describing Sean's rotten birth as taking a shit

jej. upvote

Plop ploop oh my excreting a lot of Sean right now

Oh that's a stinky Sean, ploooop

The Sean slides noiselessly into the garbage can, where he belongs

How do barbell and dumbbell presses carry over to each other? Gym I'm attending unfortunately doesn't have a lot of benches with racks so I would do DB presses to save time

bench press is the best gauge of RAW PHYSICAL STRENGTH. you only downplay this because you're a pudgy, weak little shit of a manlet with an equally embarrassing bench press.

nobody gives a shit that you can bounce your morbidly obese gut off of your legs for your little bullshit wide stance "squat". nobody cares about your 5 inch ROM sumo "deadlift".

bench. press. is. king

Attached: 1524117246666.png (492x475, 24K)

Post shit, you DYES

Wait, you shit into a garbage can?

You don't?

I’ve been bulking on BBB for a while now and wanna do a cut.

What program is recommended for cutting without losing too much muscle?
T. 95 kg

I'm having a problem with cramps and tightness in my hamstrings. I've been stretching for like 10-20 minutes every day and trying to stay way hydrated, and no matter what I do once I go over 3 plates on squats I'll feel fine for my sets and then I'll stretch and also feel fine, but then I go to get out of the car when I get home and suddenly a massive hamstring cramp. Any suggestions or is this just unavoidable?

Get more electrolytes in, don't just drink water

I would say stick with the same program and just move the weight down slightly while maintaining your regular volume.

Change your supplementary work to 5 by 5 FSL, and maybe change your main work to 5s pro. Do your conditioning.

when 5x1 stalls out on TM, how many % do you drop down for a new 1x5?

I've been putting a generous scoop of salt on my pre workout oatmeal and also usually have a banana in my shake, should I take those electrolyte tabs?

too soon m8

Attached: sad frog window.png (357x575, 425K)

wrong.

Attached: 1529608274014.jpg (859x1024, 63K)

>tfw 5*8 high bar squats and then 3*8 rdls the day after 3*6 pin squats and other misc shit

Attached: yamero-29262650.png (500x508, 118K)

Still juggernaut AI?

Boy he really did it this time

Go on

Yeah, cutting weight since I'm far out from any meet, it's a sweaty feel

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-141504_Sheets.jpg (933x968, 171K)

I read 2 books this summer and I can now confirm they're a big meme. They just talk about the same stuff and add in their biases experiences.
The excels and the actual programs are what matters the book itself is a meme. You just try different programs until one works well enough and then run then till it stops working. Wala...
So stop recommending books when they're a waste of everyone's time.

Can I progress on deadlift weekly if I do a heavy triple set (1x3)?
I do it touch n go and can't hold my breath long enough for 1x5, breathing at the top is kind of annoying so I just do 3 reps in a single breath

This is a worse LARP than usual. Don't you normally start off by claiming you deadlift 300kg or something

>The excels and the actual programs are what matters
Nice observation, volem

Attached: 46102197_1946410915428595_6012008965112594432_n.jpg (957x960, 91K)

I deadlift like 3.5 pl8 lmao who are you confusing me with

>those arms
yep he pulls sumo

If you're serious, no, doing one set of TnG deadlifts (a bad idea in the first place) will not progress your deadlift on its own unless you are literally untrained.

why not

How many programs outside of SS have you seen that have one triple of a main lift per week as enough stimulus to progress?

TM was 1x5 i think and I thought you meant the problem was tng not the number of reps
i can just do 2x3

There's a reason Rip's programs are 5s and not 3s, and it's partly because you need to be practicing the form, and partly an issue of volume. TnG deadlifts are not representative of a competition lift, and put way more strain on your connective tissue than you need since you're rapidly unloading and reloading all of your joints from the bounce off the bottom. Never mind that the effect it has on the weight lifted is going to be variable from set to set so you can't objectively track progress. I'd decrease the weight and do 1*5 dead stop assuming you have other posterior chain work like the cleans in TM

>TFW also starting 10 week hypertrophy cycle with sets of 8 on big 3
Hopefully my small quads will grow and not be overshadowed by upper body

I go up to 5*10 next week, hopefully the gym priest is around to rez me after I die in the 4th set. I'll pray for you user

Will pray for you to strong trip.

I think the worst part are front foot Elevated Split squats for sets of 12. That just kicks my ass, serves as good conditioning work as well.

Thankfully those are 1x a week for 3-4 sets.

Do any of you play the piano/violin?

APPROVED INTERMEDIATE to ADVANCED PROGRAMS

>Bro Tier (trying hard, having sex, loving life required)
5th Set (great for late intermediates)
5/3/1 (read 2nd Edition, then Beyond or Forever)
-- 531 with FSL/SSL 5x5 (moron proof)
-- 531 1000% Awesome (for early Intermediates)
-- Beyond 531 (training maximally for strength)
-- Leviathan (heavy single every session)
-- 531 for Hardgainers (hypertrophy)
-- Build the Monolith (hypertrophy)
-- Boring But Big (hypertrophy)
-- 351 for Powerlifting
-- Coffinworm (great for strength)
-- Advanced 531 (simple and great for strength)
Westside for Skinny Bastards
Madcow Intermediate (great for early intermediates)
Destroy the Opposition (J. Lewis)
Cube Kingpin
The Cube (+ Predator)
Conjugate (max effort + dynamic + repetition)
Spotoshot (bench only)
Texas Method 4-day Split Model from PPST.
Juggernaut Method 2.0 (a more periodized 5/3/1)

>Nerd Tier (must have high IQ)
RTS Generalized Intermediate
RTS Emerging Strategies
Nuckols Average to Savage
Nuckols 28 Free
GZCL
TSA 9 Week
HLM (Heavy Light Medium)
Blevins Skynet AI
Juggernaut AI
Sheiko (for meet prep, don't break your dick)

>Meme Tier (might work if you love memes)
Hepburn x Sheiko Blend (Tan Slacks blog)
Candito 6 Week
Texas Method 3-Day
Texas Method Trappy Version (homo)
The Bridge
Smolov Jr.
Bulgarian/Bugenhagen Method
Slavic Swole
nSuns 5/3/1 (written by a 1200 lb totaling Redditor)
Hepburn "Power and Pump"
Programming 2 Win (by Jack Black)

>Optimal Tier (for gay, contrarian nerds)
Barbell Medicine

>Retard Cuck-Tier
PH3 (need a tourniquet to choke yourself, and it has a 100% injury rate)

*all of these programs work (except PH3), but the effort and attitude of the athlete is most important

I learned the piano my last semester at college

And now a threadly, but non-spamming, non-trolling, obviously on-topic, not copy/pasted (I change minute details every time) reminder for you unlifting user CHODEs to post body/lifts and get a trip. But only if you have at least one of
>A squat greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A CONVENTIONAL deadlift greater than 2.5x bodyweight AND 500 lbs
>A bench press greater than 1.5x bodyweight AND 300 lbs
>A Standing The Press(ᵗᵐ) greater than 1x bodyweight AND 200 lbs
>A body fit won't think looks like shit (good fucking luck)

Otherwise, stop LARPing, stop giving "advice" like you have half a clue what you're talking about, stop posting altogether, bring your ass to the gym, and try harder.

Attached: hits joint.jpg (720x888, 165K)

LIST OF PLG APPROVED ACRONYMS/INITIALISMS (post, but don't spam, in every thread)

>GDE (Genetic Dead End)
Exercise low-responder. High injury rate, no sports background, weak willed.

>GAYS (Gay Aylien Skull)
Weak bone structure, mouth breather. Wastes time trying to be strong. Jewey faced and mad, but harmless.

>CUCC (Cuckold Uninjured Crying Canadian)
Identify as injured, without medical diagnosis. Trans-herniated. Purposely do self-destructive programs like PH3, Smolov, etc. They wanted an excuse to quit.

>VOLEM (Voluntary Evermediate)
Late beginner, early intermediate. Panics when the bar gets heavy. Program hops, works on technique, or sabotages recovery as an excuse to not progress.

>BONER (Bench Only No Effort Retard)
Wants to have the admiration and ego of someone who lifts, but doesn't want to get the squat or deadlift of someone who actually lifts. Copes with a combination of bench press and autism.

>CHODE (Communist Homo Of Dick Eating)
Angry, godless little postmodernists who secretly loathe strong, masculine men who won't fuck their boybutt. Some transition into ugly rat faced pedos, others defend said CHODES. Also known as PHAGs (Projecting Homo Ass Goblins)

>TCHAD (Tries Consistently Hard All Day)
The Isleys, MAs, and other guys with average genes who actually like competing and getting stronger.

>UFO (Under Fed Organism)
Adult human male weighing less than 200 lbs. Throw food at them until the problem is remedied.

>user (Anonymous Nard Obtusely Nattering)
A noodlebuilt little wuss of a human. Hobbies include LARPing as someone who actually lifts and not posting body/lifts. Can be safely disregarded in all matters.

>SUMO (SUbhuman MOron)
Too stupid and/or genetically deficient to just bend over and pick something up. Copes through a combination of clowning half reps and eating butt.

>POSER (POsitively Shitbrained Evermediate Roleplayer)
Talks about powerlifting like he's a powerlifter, yet has never done a powerlifting meet.

No I'm straight

thanks. exactly the response i needed to show people how spastic powerlifters are. you really lived up to your stereotype.

All the piano/violin players I know are gay though?

See

Currently a grad student in Classical Music. Do piano, one of the easiest instruments to learn

i dont clean

6 months into SS, is a 450lb squat good?

no you don't. lying on the internet is the only thing you're good at you fucking loser.

>Testosterone and classical music don't mix, study finds. Researchers in Japan found that higher levels of testosterone in men went hand in hand with lower interest in sophisticated music. A new study has found a correlation between higher testosterone levels and lower interest in classical music

limelightmagazine.com.au/news/testosterone-classical-music-dont-mix-study-finds/

>Currently a grad student in Classical Music.
>mfw

Fucking Zoomers man. "PAY FOR OUR EDUCATION! *Doesn't learn anything even remotely of merit*"

Attached: 50 bert.gif (300x169, 1.35M)

Considering I can only 3.5pl8 at 3 years then yes

Piano is physically hard imo, due to having to do different things with your hands at the same time, but it makes the most sense imo

Video?

>even an idiot who believes he has seen an alien spaceship can win powerlifting meets with enough steroids

Attached: human rubbish.png (1280x720, 1.51M)

>Testosterone research
>Japs in any form
not even once

TnG are fine if you use them correctly. Even Benni has done 400kgx5 TnG

>WAWTT
>WAWET
>WAWLTT
>WAWFT

Attached: IsleyFace.jpg (400x322, 64K)

Wrong. I do one set every 3 weeks of deadlifts, one double at around 95% and thats all I have ever done since I started out, just the frequency has changed from twice a week to once every 3 weeks.

I pull ~6 plates at 220 and i just dont care about your autist club so I never wanted a trip.

Dont listen to this mouthbreather lads, force an adaption and rest adequately, its not magic.

I have 1 annual deadlift day per year, two sets of doubles at 75%. I consistently add weight every session, still havent plateaud. It's all about consistent rest periods and progressive overload. Dont think to much into it.

oh, there you are lmao

When you say x board bench, how thick are the boards?

2x4s are 1.5 in, try building something sometime.

Early intermediate here, finaly switching from SS to 4day Texas Method
My question is : How do you build properly the days ? PPTS is very clear about the 3 day split, but i'm still confused about the 4 day
So far it :
>Volume bench ; (?????)
>Volume squat ; (?????) for Deadlift
>1rm Bench ; (?????)
>1rm Squat ; 1rm Deadlift
Any tips to make it good ?

Attached: 1560146597453.jpg (718x378, 58K)

>1.5
>just round it up to 2 bro
American edumacation

>2 genders
>just round it up to forty
Yuro education

There can be more than two genders, depending on which language we're speaking. However, people can be of one sex only, because women are property.
Correct me if I'm mistaken, but wasn't it some US state or major city that wrote into law that there are six million genders?

>1 RMs on TM weekly
That's a recipe for a bad time lmao. You sure you read the book?

It's 2" prior to the wood being smoothed down you brainlet

>order an 8oz steak at a nice restaurant
>it comes out weighing 7oz
>fucking americans

Why would you give flying fuck what it measures at an intermediate stage of production? Why not directly refer to it by the diameter of the tree it came from?

Here you go:
harvarddesignmagazine.org/issues/45/nominal-versus-actual-a-history-of-the-2x4

Google.com

Attached: Screenshot_20190818-194604.png (1440x2560, 481K)

america is the de facto leader of the planet earth that EVERYBODY pays attention to. meanwhile, nobody gives a fuck about your little shit stain of a "country". stay obsessed, 3rd world retard.

Attached: 1536793278771.jpg (600x580, 51K)

>can't pick out sarcasm
you're embarrassing us bro

post lift
its more from drying, not smoothing since itll still be water bloatmaxxed during smoothing. I would bet they have it down to the point where it comes out close (+/-) to 2x4 after smoothing

>it was only a prank, sir, please don't own me so hard

Attached: 1528574954388.png (471x411, 113K)

>The nominal 2x4 thus became the actual 1½ x 3½, imperceptibly, a fraction of an inch at a time. It was a 34 percent reduction in actual volume; as those in the trade would say, it’s “selling air.”
Ok now I understand what (((happened))) thanks

>nobody gives a fuck about your little shit stain of a "country". stay obsessed, 3rd world retard.
Everyone does. You are speaking our language on our website about our Hobby

What did he mean by this?

The US is numerous uno.

That's what hank was saying, which is ironic coming from a chinese manlet

Fuck hank

>Piano is physically hard imo, due to having to do different things with your hands at the same time,

I'm having a hard time trying to think of instruments that don't. Maybe percussion instruments like drums? The Galaxy Brain thing about piano is being able to play with your hands AND your damn feet.

Any instrument that involves breathing into it, like brass or woodwinds, is much easier because you can only play one note at a time. Not only can you play multiple notes at once with piano, but doing two completely different things with both hands that usually have nothing to do with each other just puts it at a whole other level.
t. Used to play saxophone for a couple years.

t. 3rd world retard violently shitting his diapers.

He's British. They're like the University of Kentucky basketball fans who talk all sorts of shit about the championships they won in the 50s. British people used to actually be worth the carbon they were comprised of, but inbreeding has gotten to the point that the current generation of limey spuds can't remember the last generation that could remember when the British were respectable.

Nope. I'm american. The gold fucking standard.