Fuck barbell rows

Fuck barbell rows

Attached: 3-2a-barbell-bent-over-row.jpg (1000x560, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=c3cmvTG0cn4
youtube.com/watch?v=T3N-TO4reLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=bmNYOq-xOKA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

No fuck you cunt

Only if youre a low ass bodyweight like me. To do considerable weight is impossible because Ill literally tip over

Actually they are very good

Do meadows rows and T-bar rows. Pendly rows are for idiots. Also be sure to "Sit" your hips between your legs a bit to avoid lower back fatigue. I absolutly hated rows until i started doing that + the above two runs (and deadrows for explosive power; basically superior pendlay rows)

squat down a bit to get the proper form and you can row any quantity of weight you are physically capable of moving without balance issues.

Just use a landmine attachment

Your form is probably shit then.
youtube.com/watch?v=c3cmvTG0cn4
Your setup should be a like 70% deadlift

nigga 70% of my deadlift will snap my back in half

This, row set up is huge, you gotta get your power stance

Protip: let bar sit on safety bars that are just below knees (like a rack pull) between sets. Same ROM with less stress on your back

>Bb row 70% of deadlift
True and confirmed by buff fitness e-celebs
Retarded incel

>pendlay rows are for idiots
???

This. Jeff made a video about it and im never fucking going back to from the floor ones

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>setup should be

>Pendly rows are for idiots.
kys yourself my man

Hey, fuck you buddy!

i didn't mean the weight you mong

I meant deadlift it up, then lower it down like you would with a deadlift but keep it over mid-foot

ok I get it im getting trolled

Same thing; I didn't mean his rowing weight should be 70% of his deadlift that'd be nuts

Doing it as a deadlift then lowering it down half-way is a great way to set up in my experience. Plus if you have problems with deads form you can work on your cues and bracing at the same time with a weight that is much less likely to snap your shit up

I fucking love rows brehs. If I could I would do almost all possible variations during my pull days.

Nothing makes sweat like pendlay rows, I love doing them, I usually do a pyramid up to 135 and then do 3x10 and then cut the weight down and do 5x10. It’s fucked but I love it.

I'm 80% sure I'm doing these wrong.

How much am i cheating myself if I use one of these instead, there's something that looks a lot like it in my gym.

Doing SL 5x5

One of THESE, forgot pic

Attached: 137_1.jpg (275x275, 24K)

a lot, turns it from a compound lift to tricep isolation

Damn.

Guess I need to get a strength coach.

you can target rear delts/traps too if you raise your elbows as high as you can while pulling

I fucking love this machine but I got kicked out of the only local gym that has one

For what

flossing in the squat rack

That sounds to me like your cues are just off; you should be able to still get back activation if you retract your scapula

I don't do those so maybe I'm wrong but it being tri isolation seems pretty counterintuitive

>Pulling weight
>Triceps isolation

BB rows is my favorite lift

Do you do pendlay for SL 5x5?

I include them on my superset with bb curls first

My grip strength becomes terrible in full supination. Is this normal? I try to do that thing Jeff said about trying to break the bar in two to activate the lats more, but if I do it the bar just slips out of my hands.

Try this "dead row" variation from Jeff. It's kind of like a combination of a pendlay and a rack pull. I tried it this week, it's interesting.

No fuck your

On a more serious note, I can’t have a straight back when doing front rows, or I have to squat so deep that I nearly touch the ground. What do?

Single arm cable row and chin up master race here.

For me? It's t-bar rows
Also I can literally not do pendlays from the floor i do them in a rack or something a bit elevated.

ok newbie. keep doing a lower back destoying meme exercise when deadrows exist and are better at the only thing pendly rows are good for (explosive power) newbie.
SETUP. The part of SETTING UP. Not rowing 70% of your fucking deadlift retard, but positionally you squat down about 70% of what you'd squat down for your deadlift, setting your hips down low between your legs and getting into a good power stance. fuck are you legit retarded man? 4 people have explained it to you now

his user is mentally retarded
not at all. those thigns are amazing because of where the line of maximum force is. they're very different from normal rows. but you need to include some other rows as well. chest supported is fine but you need a few rows with a classic power curve. Seal rows are a good choice

do rows from the rack until your lower back is stronger and your flexibility is good. the point of a row is NOT to strengthe your fucking lower back by putting huge weighs on it. your lower back is not strong enough to handle the weighs a strong person can row which is why the squat power stance is how to save your back or just do safer rows

>No Jesse
unwatchable

Wuts your weight twink boi?

Attached: 1565230382188.png (640x396, 279K)

If your posterior chain isn't strong from conventional and Romanian deadlifts, I wouldn't be doing any variant of bent over barbell row.

I've seen plugs in the gym rounding their backs and hurting themselves way too much. You have to have excellent strength in your lower back, hamstrings, and glutes to pull off effective bent over barbell rows.

You would be better off doing 45 degree heavy t-bar rows on a machine.

dyel

>Pendly rows are for idiots
t. sub-4pl8 deadlift DYEL

I like to do dumbbell rows. I recently hit 50kg on them. But my grip is weak.

Bump

Seated Cable Rows

I started liking them once my deadlift started to plateau. It trains that explosive off the ground moment in my deadlift. Jefferson deadlifts too.

I also never see anybody do pendlays so I feel special and my fragile ego is lifted.

Barbell rows are great. Keep doing them, eventually something will click. Hopefully it's not your spine.

You deserved it then

Yeah db rows feel way better

I'm nearing 1/2/3/4, what should I be rowing?

I fucking love these

For once, I think I disagree with Jeff.

Don't ask me the physical reason why but having your back at a more obtuse angle while doing an explosive pull in a row (where the bar is away from your body) can hurt your back worse.

For example, elite rowers will often sacrifice their low backs by doing over 15% layback to get more power. youtube.com/watch?v=bmNYOq-xOKA

A pendlay row is closer to 5 or 10% layback where you have little risk of injuring your lower back. The dead row looks similar to 20%+layback.

If you do pendlay rows with sane weight from elevated blocks they are very safe.

Attached: rowinglayback.jpg (620x330, 37K)

boats

170-175ish lbs for the same number of reps you're benching 225

For Pendlay rows I should add

Really? My max for pendlay rows was 215 for 5 reps and I still could have been going up before I even could bench 225

170-175 IF you can bench 225 is way too fucking low

You guys like to use this with an overhand or natural grip?

Yates rows you fucking normie

For me, it's the cable row.

Best row variant is one where you can't really cheat like seal row or one of chest supported rows machines. Keeps you honest.

Daily reminder that one handed rows give much better isolation of the upper back.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 99K)

Since I got a home gym I've been doing seal rows and I way prefer it to barbell rowing. Not having to worry about your lower back is a blessing.

You aren't even supposed to let it rest on the floor between reps what are you on about.

Yates row baby

Attached: dorian_yates_020.jpg (486x319, 32K)

I do 55kg 4sets 8reps. Please tell me that iam better than, at least, 55% of men.

Do you guys let the bar touch the ground after every rep? I think I've been fucking up my form by doing this.

You're not supposed to. Look at the fucking picture OP posted. Let it hang from your hands.

I'll fix this mistake next time I'm in the gym.

The one you're doing is called deadlift row. I personally don't like it much much less since your deadlift is much higher than your BBR and the correct form for them is quite hard to achieve.

I've just started so I mix some things up sometimes, when doing this I was more worried about keeping a relatively straight back without rounding or going too much in the opposite direction so I guess I kinda moved more towards deadlift form without noticing. I'll let it hang from my hands next time.

Isn't rowing heavy with supinated grip good way to snap your biceps?

Any kind of row is just weirdly... uncomfortable for me? Not in the usual "feeling the burn" kinda way, they just feel weird. One-armed dumbbell rows are mostly fine so I just do those but man, I wish I could be out there with the big boys.

That's because pendley row is a compound exercise, they all feel "not the usual feeling the burn" kind of way. They're superior to any other. Just do the damn pendleys.

Are you guys for real? “Deadlift row” come on. Letting the weights rest on the floor and exploding for another rep is a pendlay row. Holy moly this place

no, fuck deadlifts

I know what compound exercises are mate, but I'm not sure you do as dumbbell rows are a compound exercise. Unfortunately you can't experience what I feel in my body so you're just gonna have to take my word for it that pendlays don't feel right.

I row 225 for reps supinated. It's not a whole lot but I'll do like 6x5 rows every upper body day and I've never had any issue with my bicep tendon. Only time I've felt it ever was doing heavy sandbag walks

just do machine rows for fuck sakes
you can switch between attachments and add weight accordingly. you can't do them proper? hits your traps and not your lats? not the fault of the exercise. stretch them hamstrings and glutes, you amateur.

Bent over and T bar are the best rows. The pendlay row is an attempt to create a „benchmark“ exercise that involves mainly the lats and doesnt rely on machines to compare strength like benchpress squat and deadlift. For bodybuilding there are better exercises.

Ignore this mongoloid.

Wait is ur body supposed to be 90 degrees doing rows? Ive always just bent my kneee slightly and put my body down slightly

Pendlay rows are based. As long as your deadlift is also increasing you should be able to hold the position just fine.

Attached: 1566147973735.jpg (950x1343, 320K)

5x80kg

Yates himself blew off his bicep doing these lol

there a diff between the deadrow and pend row you faggot newbie

should've done orange justice

Yeah, I need to get seal row bench in my home gym Because the adjustable bench is meh for seal rows when raised.

stop calling me a newbie.

slightly more or atleast equal to your bench

I'm going off of symmetricstrength.com for pendlay rows so it should be close

For all the people that struggle with barbell row like me, bumper plates are a game changer. It allows you to set up like using a 45lb plate and safely progressively overload. I let the weight rest on the ground between each rep to reduce stress on the lower back. If you stance is good your lower body wont move at all.