/Dance/

Welcome to one of the GOAT fitness hobbies.

Dance is something that keeps you physically and mentally healthy while improving your social gains.

• • • Common social dances • • •
American Style:
>Smooth -- Waltz, Tango, Foxtrot, Viennese Waltz
>Rhythm -- Cha Cha, Rumba, East Coast Swing, West Coast Swing, Bolero, Mambo, Samba

International Style
>Standard -- Waltz, Tango, Viennese Waltz, Foxtrot , Quickstep
>Latin -- Cha Cha, Samba, Rumba, Paso Doble, Jive

Attached: B4CWWLE2HII6PL3KMVK4VLVY3Q[1].jpg (1484x1255, 312K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ffXmDruPQ38
youtube.com/watch?v=23xXputgdAk
youtube.com/watch?v=uBBdgcHimoM
youtube.com/watch?v=bY94eFCNv4g
youtube.com/watch?v=xqaeMCJWu0o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>tfw not athletic enough for this
youtube.com/watch?v=ffXmDruPQ38

I went to a dance lesson once and my randomly assigned partner said she didn't want to touch me because I was sweating
She was sweating too, everyone was sweating!

I never went back

She's just an idiot.

Dancing with a sweaty person is literally part of the fun. Making another person feel insecure about their sweat level is awful dance etiquette.

I cannot think of something more pathetic than pretending to enjoy prancing around like a gay retard just to touch a female.

All dancetards should be hanged. Dancing is inherently feminine and is reserved for the female form. Needledick balding copecels acting like jesters to touch a sweaty hambeast in a basement dance event i CANNOT FUCKING BREATHE AHAHAHAHA

imagine saying this to a tango dancer, he will probably stab you in the dick

>dancer
>tough guy

Pick one, cupcake

this board

I could fuck you up rn where you at pal?

t. sixteen year old

imagine being this insecure

I highly recommend to NOT attend social dances, esp. ones held by your local city's dance organization. I live in Dallas and went to one of these things...holy shit, EVERY guy there was a giant gyno-having numale faggot. I saw one dude wearing a steven universe shirt and about four other dudes unironically wearing fedoras, I shit you not. If you're a Jow Forums dude and show up, they will immediately stare daggers at you out of envy. The women are also lefty creative types -- it's just a complete shit show. Literally the irl version of the Reddit front page. Avoid.

Any love for Salsa?

Attached: diamond_love.jpg (640x916, 57K)

You didn't refute me.

Keep dancing, jester monkey boy. Maybe she'll finally like you if you keep humiliating yourself!

Structured dancing is racist.
youtube.com/watch?v=23xXputgdAk

Today it's swapping dance partners, tomorrow it's wife swapping. Dancing is degenrate.
youtube.com/watch?v=uBBdgcHimoM

>a literal mating ritual
>feminine
Nigger faggot

Just because whenever you try to dance the lards of fat knock you off balance it doesn't mean dancing is as pathetic as you.

>No breakdancing or generally hiphop or house
You guys are missing out on some fun shit.

I'm married with a gal

Swing dancer of over 10 years reporting in. I have been an instructor in the past, and I compete from time to time. I have competed in the All-Star bracket under the WSDC rules.

Here are the ultimate dancing redpills that no one else will ever talk about in real life.

>#1 Get fucking good

It is a common culture in dance communities that there is no such thing as a ''boring dance'', or a ''bad dance''. This is, of course, complete and utter horseshit. Women are secretly and incredibly judgemental about the worth of dancers despite what you will be told. Experienced female dancers hate dancing with bad leads (a safe is a bad lead), unless the bad lead is attractive. Even attractiveness won't buy you a ton of grace time.
Your first few times you will get a grace period however, because newbies are fun and dance communities are typically kind. But starting after your first group lesson, you are now in a race to get good or permanently imprint onto the group's brain that you're a loser. This means if you're going to try dance, take it seriously. Even though I just told you women will hate you if you suck, don't worry, the effect isn't THAT quick, and you don't have to be THAT good to avoid it. But I personally recommend trying to get as good as you can within a 6 month window. Guys who stick around doing the bare minimum tend to become ''outsiders'' of the group because they suck and women hate low value men.

I recommend private lessons. They will get you better faster than anything else, and help you detect/avoid bad habits early. It's expensive because you're buying a professional's time. I wish I took more private lessons when I first started. I've always been distrustful of getting jew'd to death, but I've grown to appreciate that private lessons really are worth it if you have a good instructor. You can honestly never really be good if you don't get private lessons. Even professional instructors still get private lessons.

>#2. Gender roles exist

Every single dance community is very pleasant about establishing that leads and follows can be of any gender. This is very positive, as it's good for people to learn both sides of the coin to become truly skilled. You should of course know that leading is a masculine act and following is a feminine act. Dominance vs. submission is sub-textually in play at all times. Make no mistake, if you a man, you better fucking choose to primarily be a lead.

>#3. Do. Not. Hesitate.

If you hesitate in asking women to dance, you're done. You're fucking done. If people see you sitting in the corner while everyone else is dancing for prolonged periods of time, it's fucking over for you. If your reputation becomes that of a shy or bashful dancer, it's a very hard hole to climb out of. Trust me when I tell you I've seen literally hundreds of guys fail at dancing because they are too timid. Eventually, females are not receptive to them, they don't have fun, and either are ignored or quit. Your instructor will try to baby you with 'pep talks', which in turn makes you look even more like a beta chump.

Timid is not a word you can have in your vocabulary when being a lead.

>#4. Dancing is sexy.

Yes, dancing can get you laid. There are multiple reasons. Here are a few:
• Humans are biologically programmed to find complex mechanical actions beautiful
• Being a good dancer gives you social standing within your local dance community
• Dance is filled with sexual tension and sexual parallels, even though no one overtly states it

Depending on your local scene, you may be meeting tons of attractive and young women. (Hint: if your scene has no young people or young/attractive people, it's shit. Pick a different dance). Experienced dancers visiting out of town are the easier lays since they don't have their home group to worry about. Being a dancer gives you good social graces off the dance floor as well. It's an interesting conversational topic and gives you social proof.

I don't recommend dancing if your primary goal is to get laid. You're not going to have fun, and you're not going to be able to burn through chicks as fast as you would probably like with other avenues, say, Tinder.

>#5. Pressure =/= stress

As a lead, you are under a lot of pressure. The quality of the dance depends on you. An experienced lead/inexperienced follow combo typically produces a better dance than an inexperienced lead/experienced follow combo. In redpill #1, I told you that you are in a race against an unspoken clock to be not shit at dancing. However, you can't let pressure turn into stress. Nothing will turn the group off faster than a guy who is getting visibly upset at dancing. Have you noticed the running theme here of ''don't be beta''? There's a reason; it's fucking important.

To be frank, you are not good enough at dancing to get mad when you make mistakes. There is a stark difference between pressure and stress. Understand the gravity of your role, and use that to harness your focus into providing the best experience you can. It's your responsibility to make the dance fun and to excite your follower. Don't forget it.

#6. Be attractive

Attractive people have more fun dancing. Don't be fat. Don't be unkept. Dancing is highly sexual, so it only makes sense.
I see fat old dudes who have great dances because they are fucking good. Real good. Skill is king in dancing. But in dance, like most avenues in life, being at your most presentable creates the best possible energy.

Local clubs can be nerdy like this guy's was (), but the national scenes usually are not. When you're in competitive environments, especially in the 'sexier' dances, there's actually a sizable portion of attractive people who are very skilled and have top-tier social skills and social proof.

>Conclusion

I know a lot of the things I mentioned in these posts sound scary or negative, but do not fret. I bring them to your attention so that you don't miss them. Dancing is a great hobby. It's fun, you meet a ton of cool people, and is overall very healthy. I consider it a medicine to combat social awkwardness. It's a life improving tool, if you take it seriously. You have the opportunity to make friends, meet girls, have fun, compete, and travel, all while being physically active. Fucking great, right?

>nigger garbage

>he doesnt know
Uncultured swine to the highest.

Imagine the average Jow Forums jesterc7ck going to dance

>manlet shorter than the girl
>horrible posture from muscle imbalances
>weird awkward guy who barely makes eye contact
>has to flail around like a feminine idiot
>goes home alone while the girls go home to get creampied by thier non-dancing, masculine boyfriends

now that's what I call a TOP KEK

>uhmm don't you know nigger garbage is actually cool bro?
No it isn't, fuck off.

fucking hell this is my nightmare

Being a beta sucks.

Capoeira is cool as fuck. Most dances come from military. The four elements of hip-hop came from trying to stop niggers killing each other which is why it shares a lot of elements with capoeira, which was developed to hide the fact you're practicing martial arts from the police. You're going to get fucked up by a tango enthusiast who knows how to put you off balance with his chest or knee alone. Next you'll be wondering why boxers take ballet and if they're faggots.

>b-but muh nigger culture!

NIGGERS

> dancing
I know we joke about being gay here, but you're all trying too hard.

>came from trying to stop niggers killing each other
Why bother with the stupidity of their violent culture and just avoid them altogether? Not everything needs to be for everybody.

>tfw 35 year old khv
>taking salsa lessons for a year
>no friends in the class, though i see others hanging out, exchanging numbers
>have no social skills, so after class i just leave to go home. see others chatting with each other, but what do i say
>before class starts i'm just staring at my phone, while others chat. don't know what i'd say to them

>been to social night hosted by the school i go to, but find it hard to ask girls to dance
>see girls and guys sitting at a table, chatting together
how do i approach them when they're in their group? managed to ask a few of the girls that were by themselves to dance, and they accepted

>tried going to a night club that hosted a latin night
>even worse experience, can barely speak loud enough to order a drink
>can't even think about approaching a group and talking to a grill and asking one to dance
>didn't see any girls that were alone

what do i do Jow Forums?

Attached: 167484853.jpg (560x682, 83K)

Not everybody's poor

Sorry, mistook you for people who go outside.

I mean if you went outside and interacted with niggers you'd probably hate them too.

Do a heroic dose of mushrooms in a dark room and face your insecurities

Not an argument

i'm >manlet shorter than the girl
usually, especially if they wear high heels. but latin and asian girls are usually shorter or the same height as me when they wear heels

yes, not from lifting, but being on a computer 12+ hours a day

>weird awkward guy who barely makes eye contact
yes. i have no social skills and i'm a loser too ;_;

>has to flail around like a feminine idiot
that's just your opinion

>goes home alone while the girls go home to thier non-dancing, masculine boyfriends
i'd be going home alone if i just stayed in my room anyways
but what if the girls are single, could help my chances in getting a gf. or if i make friends with a girl and she introduces me to single female friends

Attached: 73xtlo59zm221.jpg (640x640, 47K)

What is there to be afraid of? Rejection? Humiliation? What is the worst-case-scenario that's preventing you from talking to them?

>mushrooms
what if they give me some kind of mental disorder, brain fog, etc.

Not if they can dance.
Hard to have those with no social contact and yet you manage. brb going to dance with qts at the Sunday milonga.

>I like niggers when they dance well and fuck my boipussy

Scraping the bottom of the barrel of humanity is not better than simply avoiding that sludge.

>no salsa
>no bachata
>no merengue
Imagine being this pleb. Dancing is fun as fuck though, would recommend for social gains and to show off and mog people. Decent cardio too

I literally copy and pasted that from google lmao

With their tongue

Depends on the type of dance. If you go to a western square dance then its going to be cringey as fuck. DFW has one of the greatest Lindy scenes in the country.

This user is right, but I take exception with
>being attractive
I am very physically unattractive and I will have skilled follows asking me dance because I can keep it interesting and do things like pic related. Just be healthy and you'll be fine.

Attached: shag.jpg (1200x675, 662K)

>Rejection? Humiliation?
yes. what if they say no? if people are in a group, do they really want to be interrupted by a socially awkward, weird, loser?

at the night clubs, i feel even more awkward because i don't have a clear sounding and loud voice. so trying to communicate always makes me feel weird
>often asked to repeat myself
>i can't hear what others are saying too well either
>i dont have a charismatic, energetic voice

Attached: 1528042933671.jpg (2048x3645, 1.55M)

Lel, never mind then friendo. Nice thread topic btw

>what if they say no?
what if? who cares, grow up

Topkek utterly based, only betas dance with the girls. The most hilarious thing, they pay to dance but never get laid.

What do we call these kind of people?

>what if?
if every girl says no, i'd feel even worse

but tbqh, it's my voice that's a bigger problem for me than being rejected

it's a big part of why i lack social skills and friends too. i don't say anything, because i know i'll more than likely have to repeat myself

>hey, would you like to dance?
her: what?
>i-i said, would you like to dance?
her: no thanks
*repeat this with every girl*

i avoid my workplace after hour drinks too. everyone is so loud, i can't talk loudly enough or hear others when there is a lot of noise around

Attached: 1512966756843.jpg (1536x1958, 523K)

I'd like to know more that the basic steps for when I dance with a girl, I'm always scared of doing some bad moves and feel awkward.
Other than that, I only show my mad shuffle moves when there's psytrance at a festival.
Or when I'm drunk and I just start feeling whatever music there is and dance like the most confident retard ever.

Is it possible to learn how to be naturally good at dancing without just learning some stupid routine?

My confidence just takes a steep dive straight to zero when friends or some broad drag me out to the dance floor.

Attached: 154548.jpg (1200x627, 51K)

Jesters

Yes, what you want to learn is called social dancing. There's a bunch of different types,see OP. It's literally as simple as googling 'X class near me' and showing up a few times. It can take 2-3 repetitions of a basic intro class to really get the feel for it.

You'll learn that you only need to know a handful of moves that you can apply in different ways to be considered 'good', even fewer if you're with someone that doesn't dance

Attached: ayy.jpg (760x513, 118K)

Why are you so fucking gay?

bump

Attached: 1566116789394.jpg (2048x2048, 654K)

Have you considered not being a massive pussy?

damn, im surprised you even managed to take those salsa lessons.

>is it possible to learn how to be naturally good
>possible to learn how to be naturally
>learn how to naturally
>learn
>naturally

lol

I endorse dancing. Growing up I hated it; even when dancing with my wife. After a while I realized what dancing is. It's not just exercising, it is also a means of minimal sexual release that is both culturally and religiously appropriate; in fact, it was a common practice for married men to dance with single, unchaperoned women and girls to provide them the benefits of male pheromones and physical contact without consequences. It's a means of celebrating within one's cultural ideals - some manly dancing comes from folk dances rather than ballroom and such. Another benefit is the same thing that comes from playing an instrument is mental training in timing, accuracy, and such.

They used to play music at work in the lobby. If the song was good, I would just do a minimal dance. If I was really into it, I'd just grab a woman nearby and took the lead. Once it was my bosses boss. No one ever seemed to mind and it helped with being sociable.

i know what i look like, and how i appear and sound to others though

i literally go to class, dance with a girl and then leave. i rarely say anything

usually i say "hey" when i dance with a girl. we switch every few minutes through class, so i say "thanks" to the girl i was dancing with and "hey" to the next one

i don't see that ever working out, doesn't even sound like a believable larp tbqh

Attached: 1561727748248.jpg (1080x1080, 63K)

by this , i just mean, attending classes, and not verbally communicating with someone is easy. it's what i normally do in life

I didn't say anything about how you appear or sound, that's not what makes you a massive pussy.

This is so overwhelmingly autistic I can't accept this as sincere

>tfw no 50s aesthetic lindyhop gf to throw around and flashes her panties
>just go to a dance lesson then
Why, so I can get stuck with some hambeast rockabilly?

Contra is a fun, very active dance. Check it out.

The fat chicks don't stick around for Lindy, it's too fast

ballroom dancing sounds cool i kind of want to take classes with the wife. but im a 30 year old whose hobbies include dogs, organizing, and hiking.

>but im a 30 year old whose hobbies include dogs, organizing, and hiking.
>but

but what?

Yes I'm sure the men that controlled the world's strongest Empires were just a bunch of feminine copecels.
Americans need to be banned from posting

Attached: Untitled.jpg (927x645, 69K)

>ettiquette
Now i remember why i dont hang with you stuff shirts. Enjoy your twirling bitches ima go find a mosh pit

Kys

but it might be a bit too exotic for me

He's not wrong though

God dancing reeks of virginity. Just go to a fucking bar with some mates and talk to women.

>Dancing is inherently feminine and is reserved for the female form.
It seems you don't understand, let me educate you.
youtube.com/watch?v=bY94eFCNv4g

Good thread OP. I do Bachata. I just came home from a latin boat party after having danced with +- 9 women and have gotten 3 phone numbers. All the dancelets in this thread have no idea what theyre missing out on. Its one of the highest ROI hobbies when it comes to social circle and women gainz you can have.

>i literally go to class, dance with a girl and then leave. i rarely say anything
>usually i say "hey" when i dance with a girl. we switch every few minutes through class, so i say "thanks" to the girl i was dancing with and "hey" to the next one
Good, now next time add a smile and a simple 'how's it going?' with every exchange. Build up from there, and consider leaving your phone at home so you don't use it as a crutch to avoid socializing.

Protip: unless you say something incredibly stupid or offensive, people will be quite tolerant of a somewhat silent but good-humoured person - welcoming even. Ask questions, voice an opinion, comment on something someone says, whatever. Just do it.

Are you getting upset because you recognize hesitation in yourself? Do you believe you would act that way in the heat of the dance floor?

Nah, give it a shot, take the initial hurdle, see if you like it beyond the first stage of unfamiliarity. Worst case scenario you find out it's not for you.

Someone hasn't been doing his facepulls.

Attached: 5JpZBr7_d.jpg (640x480, 23K)

>not wanting a happy sweaty girl pressed up against your body
hey look a faggot on fit what a surprise

thanks for the advice

Attached: 1530558894479.jpg (1100x1100, 206K)

in highschool everybody in theater was creaming their pants over swing dancing. i was fat and barely started lifting at the time, and i wasnt good. people being overhyped and being bad turned me off from it for a good while but im thinking about taking it up again in my new city. I have problems with rhythm and Im 6'2" so i feel like when i dance im just flailing

Was considering picking up the hobby but man did you just thrash my hopes. Lifting already takes up a good chunk of my motivation & focus I can't see why I should bother with this shit.

Why does dancing and fighting arts overlap so much? Are other fields also about navigate other bodies in 3d space?

Attached: blackswan_wrestler.jpg (535x396, 36K)

I do unironically Zumba, does that count

>If you hesitate in asking women to dance, you're done. You're fucking done. If people see you sitting in the corner while everyone else is dancing for prolonged periods of time, it's fucking over for you. If your reputation becomes that of a shy or bashful dancer, it's a very hard hole to climb out of. Trust me when I tell you I've seen literally hundreds of guys fail at dancing because they are too timid. Eventually, females are not receptive to them, they don't have fun, and either are ignored or quit. Your instructor will try to baby you with 'pep talks', which in turn makes you look even more like a beta chump.

i'm how do i get out of this?

at the socials hosted by the school i attend, i've literally sat alone by myself, at the outer edge of the floor, and was on my phone the whole time

once i sat next to another guy who i sort of know, but we didn't talk much (i have no social skills)

Attached: CqnZ6lGWAAAH5E6.jpg (2048x1555, 366K)

bump

Attached: 5646123.jpg (960x960, 109K)

> Dancing is inherently feminine and is reserved for the female form.

You are so wrong you don't even imagine it.

>never improve

It's not even that hard you get to practice while socializing with hot girls lol

name?

Where can I learn to dance like this? Don't need the pills.
youtube.com/watch?v=xqaeMCJWu0o

Ngmi and low iq