/fat/ - stay on track edition

>Who is /fat/ for?
For lard-elementals who want to better themselves through meaningful hard-work, strategy, and dedication.

>Why hasn't my weight gone down for 3+ days?
If you're on a deficit, water weight. Plateaus can last up to 3 weeks.
>This is not QTDDTOT, use that thread for questions not about fat loss.
>Read the Jow Forums sticky (you should have already but it covers the basics of diet and exercise)
liamrosen.com/fitness.html
>Calculate your Body Fat Percentage
fitness.bizcalcs.com/Calculator.asp?Calc=Body-Fat-Navy (Gonna need waist/neck measurements)
>Calculate your BMI
nhlbi.nih.gov/health/educational/lose_wt/BMI/bmicalc.htm
>Calculate your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure)
sailrabbit.com/bmr/ (complex)
fitnessfrog.com/calculators/tdee-calculator.html (simple)
>Plan your weight loss week by week
losertown.org/eats/cal.php
>Track your calories and macros with MyFitnessPal or Cronometer. Best on smartphones
myfitnesspal.com (better for packaged food)
cronometer.com (better for generic food/tracking micronutrients)

DO
>count calories, all of them
>calculate your TDEE at sedentary. It will save you a whole meal's worth of calories
>buy scales, be accurate in your measurements. autistically accurate
>learn how to cook and start cooking your own healthy meals. lean protein and green vegetables
>develop sustainable healthy lifestyle habits
>eat a lot of protein (1g per lb of goal body weight)
>cardio. learn to love walking
>start lifting weights! fatties have the advantage that they can build muscle while cutting, especially as complete beginners!
>post your height/weight/screenshot of MFP/Cronometer food log when asking for advice

DON'T
>eat refined sugars, they're terrible for you regardless of calorie count
>eat processed foods, or at least try to avoid if possible
>drink your calories. alcohol, soda, fancy starbucks shit. forget it

Previous

Attached: TQfmuGu_d.jpg (640x783, 30K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17klg9ypPatyXN1KUL0330wpxStaT9bBkgN9ZTOXtp_Y/edit?usp=sharing
youtube.com/watch?v=mMVmW0k9jZI
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

LOL FATTIES

You are not following your diet, why?

Attached: 1566064349223.png (1000x944, 503K)

WHY IS GETTING UNDER 18.5 BMI SO FUCKING HARD AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHH I JUST WANT TO BE THIN

Attached: 1544453508514.jpg (750x917, 62K)

damn, you looked handsome even when fat. seems I have too high expectations from weight loss regarding face change...

Attached: fatto.jpg (680x699, 37K)

Who can say where the weight goes?
How the gains show?
Only time...

Attached: 1491235433707.png (765x758, 35K)

jjjust for today, father. I needed comfort sweets in bad times.

why do you want to be underweight

some people want to be buff
others want to be thin

it's a fashion choice

>addressing hard times with food
That's the first mistake

Sugar free jello and cool whip.

>some people want to be buff
>it's a fashion choice
don't agree with that
I'm happy to accept that you think underweight is a good look, curious why you attempted to liken it to athleticism though

Is lifting weights not about vainity at all for you then?

because wanting to get really thin is about vanity for me, I just want to look in the mirror and feel as if I'm no longer carrying excess fat.

if you're not a dude then you probably won't understand but being physically weak stings

>at all
I'm being courteous to you and taking everything you say at face value, pay me the same respect please

I at a load of biscuits (cookies) this morning, father. I had a long ass walk around town in blistering heat to sweat some of it off though. But I was still weak.

What is my penance?

.Lifting weights is healthy, being underweight isnt, if I did it purely out of vanity I would do steroids

Meant for

calling all fatty contestents, it's time to weigh in. you have about 6 hours.

there's no free slots until tonight, but here's the spreadsheet:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/17klg9ypPatyXN1KUL0330wpxStaT9bBkgN9ZTOXtp_Y/edit?usp=sharing

Attached: 1566119979585.jpg (400x400, 19K)

How to sign up

it's explained on the sheet. there's no open slots right now though, come back in about 6 hours.

Not only am I eating within my calories, I’m going to start eating below that. I find trying to get to exactly the right number doesn’t add anything except weight.

>only 8 people have weighed in
oof

noo not the diet

Attached: XMucjacZVp.jpg (1903x1071, 230K)

Fat Might

hello plateau
Next weeks weigh in will probably be Friday as I'll be away during the weekend

Attached: 321654165198.jpg (908x630, 92K)

Kenlo Borther
250 is proving to be very hard to break.

If I sign up, am I allowed to fast or is that cheating? I lose like 5-7 pounds a week

Is this day still redeemable?

Attached: 4UEu4mI[1].png (760x487, 42K)

>be 5'6 205 lbs
>start weight loss program sponsored by work insurance.
> Down 5lbs after just one week.

This is just water weight though, right guys?

I ate 4 pieces of pizza, its way below my deficit but I still feel disgusted with myself

Attached: BarfKnight.jpg (621x621, 293K)

yeah, pretty rough week so far.

you can lose weight any way you want. i've designed it to reward consistency, though.

recorded!

Is 22.5 lbs in 3 weeks good progress from a starting weight of 345?

Its most fashionable

Hey user!
Just here to tell you that if you gain a bit of weight don't be devastated! Little gains happen, focus on the overall weight you lost and how much you have acomplished, that little extra weight you got is almost nothing compared to what you managed to lose, remember that a "cheat day" isn't something bad if you don't use it to stuff yourself with pizza (but you can if you really want to!), so if you're tired of your constant diet preventing you from trying out that one recipe you always wanted to cook or if it's preventing you from popping a beer even though there's 30 degrees outside, just say "fuck it' and enjoy your day user, whatever happens don't blame yourself, don't feel bad and enjoy your life while working hard to acomplish what you really desire! Mental health always on the top spot!

Also I don't know how many of you need this but if you're feeling really bad about yourself, if you're having thoughts of harming yourself please don't hesitate from talking to your close friends and family about it, someone you can trust, you are loved, you are appreciated and that's because you deserve both of these things along with happiness so do not be scared to reach for it, trust me, you'll feel way better once you let it off your chest.
Stay safe Anons and make the most out of the years you have left! They tend to pass so quickly.

Attached: StaySafe.jpg (900x900, 70K)

I was holding for long but I succumbed

Nickname is Dumb Bitch, weight is 152, goal is 145, height is 5'6''

Yah

FATTY CONTEST
BIGBOI

192.5 lbs

> 192.5
> fat
How short are you?

How to go from fat to this?

Attached: 67974567_361629201436754_695852066129557200_n.jpg (1080x1296, 231K)

Fatty contest
Nagu
Finally going down again!

5'9. At the start of the year I was 240 lbs.

>tfw they finally don't have to slide the little scale thing to the next 50lb mark and start counting again
It's just a number but finally being under 250 feels good

Be a fag

fuck, was hoping some fat was actually coming off. ah well, hopefully i can knock off the last 10lbs

Yes, don't eat anymore.

he still has belly fat

>Having that shitty tattoo on his chest
Why even work out when you're still destroying your body

Some of it probably is. But some is also water and other tissues

Is bath water calorie free?

Yes but why would you want to drink soap and dirt?

For the subtle undertones

Attached: 1565681187926.jpg (750x1076, 184K)

based bloomer copypasta

Nope. Too many carbs.

The Burger King

This bitch is far better looking than Belle Daphne

She getting fat.

recorded!

>there's no free slots

Reminder to fellow fatgirls that the peak aesthetic isn't a sickly stick, it's a healthy Conan bitch

Just had Taco Bell. It was good. Still 600 calories under my goal for the day and all of my sub goals are also under so that was a win.

Valeria was so fucking hot, Conan the Barbarian is my favorite movie of all times
youtube.com/watch?v=mMVmW0k9jZI

Attached: valeria.jpg (397x500, 44K)

>Scale seems to be broken
>Keeps showing between 87-88kg
>I feel fatter though

Attached: mirrorcry.png (793x645, 112K)

what program is this??

Hey thanks for noticing me Senpai. Here are my starting details and this weeks weigh-in

Fatty contest
Fat Cat
364.4lbs
Goal is 190lbs
6'3"

This weeks weigh-in is 362.8 lbs

Brapper- 310lbs today. So very close to not seeing 3-- again

looks like excel

Is milk ok?

no worries, i did actually see you last week but it totally slipped my mind. you're in.

i've got you down as 311 from yesterday i think, which weight should i use?

no cow milk is full of calories and shitty saturated fats, don't drink your calories

Just use the 311 Cause it was like 310.8. I wasnt sure you saw the last thread. Thanks!

Make sures it's calibrated, if you have a free weight put it on the scale

It's a weightwatchers scale that uses two metal strips, are those inaccurate?

I'm not really fat anymore, probably 16% bf, is it okay to eat like a regular human for a bit and lift harder for a period of time, or should I just keep going with the fat loss and reach a place where I can bulk comfortably?

oh yeah user, she was

Attached: sand.jpg (1049x1445, 257K)

yea it's excel

how the fuck should we know? put a free weight on it.

based

Attached: dfd329e5-5c54-49fa-9d29-3b73ae384329.jpg (383x523, 65K)

And thats a good thing!

Attached: 1565679770358.jpg (741x929, 99K)

Most bathroom scales are like, yeah they're fine

I did but it doesn't see the weight (i put two 2.5lb plates on it). I think it's because the metal strips work in some strange way

damn

Attached: sandahl-bergman.jpg (736x818, 113K)

You might need more, I put a 20lb plate on mine

How do the metal strips work?

Is using my treadmill to walk on a steep incline a good idea while I'm binging sci-fi? My treadmill is too noisy and skinny to run and watch at the same time 2bh

They measure electrical resistance through your body to calculate body fat

It always says my bodyfat is between 25-26%. But I'm not that fat, can it be accurate? How does it measure bodyweight through the strips?

MOONMAN
101.2KG

The only way I seen to make it is to have my meals relay and set ahead of time. Just made lunch for the week: soup ever day, bagged salad and vinaigrette for just under 300kcal. Breakfast alternates between greek yogurt and granola, and course cheese and pineapple.

What's everyone else prepping for the week?

My friend is a dietician, those bathroom scales are absolutely not accurate.
The system they used for measuring bodyfat accurately is VERY expensive, and normal scales definitely do not use such sophisticated technology

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHY IS IT SO HARD TO GET THIN I JUST WANT TO BE A LANKY BLACK HAIRED PENCIL LIKE PIC RELATED AHHHH

Attached: download.jpg (118x118, 4K)

I've been averaging 800 calories a day net. Is this too few Jow Forums?

I don't feel particularly hungry and I track all my food.

I'm currently 108kg down from 115kg, aiming to hit 90kg as first real goal weight.

If it is too few, what should I do?

Attached: 1539027357691.png (1024x599, 1.16M)

While not being accurate, can it still give me a good idea of my progression? Even if I may not be 25% bodyfat but if it's going down I'm clearly making progress regardless of what the real number is?

at that weight you can get away with VLCDs pretty easily
try doing it at 60kg and you'll feel like absolute shit

Is ephedrine and caffeine stack a meme or will it work well? Should I do this?

I wouldn't trust that either, it will change heavily depending on how much fluid is in your body at that time, as well as the dryness of your feet
the scale will almost certainly show you have less bodyfat if you are at 10% compared to 25%, but between for example 22 to 25? wouldn't count on it

Yeah I figured. Just worried about any metabolic issues but I remember reading that those were bullshit anyhow.
Final goal weight is likely to be between 85-75 anyway so I shouldn't have toworry about that.

Here we are /fat/. A month has passed since I started getting serious, and I'm down 20lbs. But I feel great, more energy than I had the rest of this year. I know things will slow down but I hope to keep up perhaps 10lbs a month, for another 11 months.

This journey has only just begun.

Attached: 1548445911850.png (1293x1293, 1.61M)

However, if your feet are the same dryness every time, and you drink about the same amount of water, it would presumably do a decent job of showing progression.
Although I'd rather recommend just taking pictures and measurements with a tape measure, that is an easy way to spot progress

How tight do I measure with tape measure? Should I breath in or relax with my stomach?