God tier fighting styles

What are some god tier fighting styles to learn fit? Mostly for self defence .
Right now im considering to start learning Muay Thai

Attached: 451122313.jpg (800x600, 472K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=tpgg7mwxoLU
youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0Ta49vx5o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Jujitsu

Muay Thai, kick boxing, boxing, judo, wrestling and bjj.

there u go

Attached: fit guide to martial arts.png (1406x4000, 2.94M)

All you need is boxing and greco roman wrestling (or catch wrestling)

Attached: 1549852480123.jpg (754x692, 137K)

Judo. Other grappling sports can be fine too, but you don't need anything striking, especially for self defence. The lasting damage you'll suffer from getting punched in the head repeatedly is not worth it, especially if your goal is "self defence". If you lift you'll be strong enough to out-punch any other untrained person anyways. My point is you don't need to learn to punch better if your opponent is at the same skill level but weaker than you.

Judo ends fights quickly, and judo or other grappling sports are your best chance at taking down someone that weighs more than you. Realistically you should just conceal carry a gun, and optionally train a grappling sport for the rare case you may need to disarm or distance yourself from your opponent.

I'll add that boxing is fine as a sport, but largely pointless for self defence. If you're bigger and stronger you'll win, if you're not you wont. The skill is secondary to the level of physical fitness

lmao krav memega, get out

Really nigga? Go ahead and try to grapple me when I’m faster than you, can read your approach, and hit like a fucking truck. Lifting + boxing + wrestling will make you a force to be reckoned with amongst the general population.

How long does it take to git gud at judo? I might want to do it alongside BJJ or in a few years time. Also, how important is strength or lifting in judo?

Op said
>Mostly for self defence

You guys recommend
>Jujitsu
>Muay Thai
>kick boxing
>boxing
>judo (x2)
>wrestling
>bjj

Not even going to include that fucking guide.

None of that shit works for self defence.

Literally just get really good at BJJ and sit on your ass whenever anyone tries to fight you. If you're a black belt literally anyone getting near your guard is going to hospital, unless you're a REALLY shitty black belt.

This is such a shitty memepicture. Can't get more larpy.

If your opponent is unarmed and in the same weight class as you then any of those will work for self defence. But ultimately you should get a gun.

>What are some god tier fighting styles to learn fit?
muay thai

>Mostly for self defence
wrestling, take downs are extremely effective

If blue's kick got checked by red's knee that's going to hurt like a moooootherfucker

Attached: fox_is_a_female_wolf.png (482x224, 11K)

>Learning how to punch harder doesn't work for self defense
>Improving cardio doesn't work for self defense
>Learning how to break grips doesn't help with self defense
>Learning how to get up after being taken to the ground doesn't work for self defense
Pls enlighten me, what physical skills do work for self defense?

Wrestling, boxing, bjj. In order of importance.

Shitposting on Jow Forums 3 x 10

too shy to go sign up at the local boxing gym near me... 300/year bros... what do i do

Do it. They get noobs all the time. After that first class you’ll be so happy you went for it.

Just choose boxing or muay thai for striking and then learn basics of wrestling or bjj and you'll be good.

Just do it and get it over with. I started taking bjj and muay thai at my gym like 3 months ago. At the end of every class of exerting all my energy and getting beaten I'd feel no shyness or anxiety in me. It would come back on the days with no classes, but I'm noticing that it's overall becoming less powerful over me.

SAMBO is best!

>krav maga
nice meme

Basically anything besides boxing, kickboxing, wrestling, Muay Thai, Brazilian jiu-jitsu, and MMA is bullshit and you're wasting your money on gay shit that doesn't work.

Attached: Aikido.jpg (2102x1500, 151K)

> jujitsu doesn't work for self defence
youtube.com/watch?v=tpgg7mwxoLU

youtube.com/watch?v=Ob0Ta49vx5o

Aikido vs MMA. God you "too deadly for the ring" people are so delusional. When are you gonna wake up? its cringey

Attached: Jude Law sexiest man alive.jpg (550x650, 107K)

where to find good sambo in toronto

The holy trinity of striking:
>boxing, kickboxing, muay thai
The holy trinity of grappling
>bjj, wrestling, judo

Do one of those and you're golden. There's the odd martial art like sanshou or sambo that is on par with those on the list. But it's hard to find a decent dojo

>Combat sports don't work for self defense
lmao just get a knife, pepper spray or a fucking gun at that point.
Most popular martial arts with live sparring work against people who don't do combat sports. Unless you live in some third world shithole at which point you're gonna get attacked with knives and guns anyways.

Attached: c69bbebc8ad0f7d2dbdf3827078ae7c3.jpg (1051x750, 339K)

>he fucking slaps him so hard he's out

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (474x459, 41K)

>4Head just get a black belt in BJJ
Great advice bud

Bump

Dont over think this shit for self defense. To beat some drunk guy, you only need to be sober. To beat an average guy, just learn how to throw a punch.

sure bud

Attached: 11111111111.webm (640x360, 1.75M)

Another bump

It's a great martial art, just like jeet kun doh, and just like jeet, nobody fucking teaches it legit.

>How important is strength in judo?
You've gotta be able to throw your opponents, but past that threshold it isn't that important compared to other things.
>How long to git gud
Depends on your definition of good. To throw normal people like ragdolls, 8 months.

>pay $250 a month + mandatory injuries fees that come with full contact sparring
>do this for about 5 years
>now the next time your bully calls you a faggot you can deck him (assuming you're the same weight class...)
Problem is that you're 25 years old now and you don't get into fucking fights because if somebody ran around beating up random people they'll spend 10 months in jail each time. So now you're stuck with this eternal cope where you can't go pro and get paid pennies because you didn't start when you were 13 years old and your everyday life gets harder because of repeated hits to the head gave you concussions and the tendinitis fucks with your lifting. All that's left is to daydream about combat scenarios or to tell your buddy (who's bigger than you) that you could beat him up in a clinch because you secretly hate him for being 6 feet tall while you're only 5'8".

And how long would it take to get to an intermediate level? Also, can it be done alongside BJJ? I am considering doing it once a week and grappling 4x a week or so

Best self-defense styles in order
>don't love around nigs/spics
>don't frequent shitty areas
>situational awareness
>don't be a cunt
>ccw
>a good 800m time/parkour
>knife/some concealed weapon
>power gap
>bjj/judo/wrestling + muay thai/boxing
>power gap
>power gap
>2dedly command larp (krabby magoo/systema)
>power gap
>power gap
>ethnic dancing larp
>power gap
>woowoo qi magic

Don't live*

I'll add there are some other legit styles (that french kickboxing but the name escapes me right now and sambo for example) but they're hard to find depending on your location

Glock-jitsu

It's not that hard. Just get really into it. Teach your kids from a very young age and they'll be black belts when they're eighteen. Literally no one will ever beat them up. I'm a purple belt and honestly in a one to one fight I would probably just sit on my butt. I'd feel pretty confident that they would just immediately give a submission or sweep away, which most people who've been training for a year do, let alone untrained remtards.

Nigga gtfo here with this gay black pill shit. Not everybody does it for some nerd cope fantasy and not everbody needs to go pro. Its like telling people its useless to learn how a computer works because you wont become a programmer. Dumb faggot

I'm sure you're solid in the grappling department, but have you ever trained striking? You'd really be surprised how much of a difference it makes when you start a fight standing and strikes are allowed.
If you haven't felt what it's like to take punches to the face or some hard leg kicks, you're in for a very rude awakening if you ever try to pull guard against someone who doesn't give a shit about not hurting you.
The grappling can only help you, but don't think it's all you need in a real fight or you're going to get seriously injured.

Judo has a high learning curve, but a good high powered throw onto a hard surface is terrifying.

>pay $250 a month + mandatory injuries fees that come with full contact sparring
Payed $35 a month for weights + pool+ judo 3x a week at my local YMCA. Payed $40 a month at a boxing gym. Have only had 2 injuries even worth mentioning over the past 3 years, neither of which cost me money. Cope harder you poverty tier weak little faggot

>How long to be intermediate level
2 years maybe. It's not like this shit is set in stone. But if you only do it once a week youre not going to get good at judo. Maybe you can take some of the standup to your BJJ classes though.
>Can it be done alongside BJJ
Yep.

Wing Chun. Bruce Lee demands it

Yeah, I did before I ever even did jiu jitsu. Being punched sucks, that's why you lie on your butt and kick them in the face when they try to punch you. Pretty simple. I'm not even saying to get close and pull them into your guard. I'm saying literally just sit on your ass and wait for them to walk away or get destroyed for trying to engage in the guard. Just takes one stray limb getting too close and it's genuinely over 99% of the time. Keep in mind, that yes I'm practising grappling and not MMA (mostly, although have done), but I'm also taking it pretty easy on people that have been training for years and still smashing them. Difficult not to feel confident against some random person on the street, even if they can punch or kick or whatever.

>carry a knife for self defense
yikes

What if they just grab your legs and smash you around

If they grab my legs with their arms, then really I'm also grabbing their arms with my legs. That's what jiu jitsu is all about.

where the fuck do you live that people are attacking you unarmed?

Wrestling is the best for self defense. In a real life fight 99% of the time people are grabbing and trying to push each other in the heat of the moment. And as soon as you're on the ground you're done.

Probably sambo, you need striking and take downs if you need self defense. Not every fight starts at arms distance

Should i get back into boxing or fencing? Are there any qts in fencing clubs?

Hey man I've done muay thai first (along with bjj/judo and mma shit here and there) and boxing second because I knew very little about boxing.

Then I learned fighting through the Muay Thai aspect.

Then I sparred a big ass muscular black guy like 6'3" 200lbs at an mma gym, along with a few more boxers who were shorter and smaller. Then I gained respect in boxing.

Then I learned about boxing through Youtube. Then I joined boxing and quit Muay Thai.

and I wish I started with boxing years ago instead. The beauty and athleticism of limiting striking to hands allowing for head movement and dodging is absolutely loveable and thrilling. You can even see when Mike Tyson dodged like 10 jabs in a row he would crack a smile.

Cause honestly? All I got from Muay Thai that's actually useful outside of Muay Thai/kickboxing/mma after all those years was knowing that if I ever get in a street fight I through a fast front roundhouse low kick. But I never get in street fights anyways.

But any martial art is cool if you like it, I just wish my view of Boxing wasn't distorted when I was young about bruteful black dudes giving each other brain damage, videogames of characters like Ryu in Street Fighters beating Balrog talking about "full body art compared to boxing", and that K-1 video of the muay thai dude beating that boxer with the front roundhouse to the legs.

> Judo - BJJ
> Muay Thai - Kick boxing
> Karate - Taekwondo

Attached: 6.jpg (1200x836, 371K)

Wrestling is about grappling to bring the guy down and then assumes that the guy gives up. But that's not what happens in real life where the struggle continues when both are on the floor. Jiujitsu addresses this. I would say boxing for knocking the guy out and jiujitsu for ground combat. Muay boran is very good for knockouts too.

this guys, is when you know that youve watched waaay too much Anime.

Attached: sdd.jpg (1280x738, 205K)

>not training shitposting volume 5x5
Ngmi

>I'll add that boxing is fine as a sport, but largely pointless for self defence. If you're bigger and stronger you'll win, if you're not you wont. The skill is secondary to the level of physical fitness

Punch of boxer barehanded is different.

>fencing

Attached: 1561225329554.jpg (1280x1707, 1.11M)

Dilate

OP, it's been settled. The best fighting style is wrestling. All but 2 UFC champions come from a wrestling background. If someone wants to be a UFC champion they get really good at wrestling (GSP,Whittaker,Jose Also). Also, Krav Maga fucking sucks because the shit they do is never done on a resisting opponent. If you do Krav Maga you'll most likely get some sparring time but it will be no different than sparring in a kick boxing class
>Wrestling is B tier and so is fucking Krav Maga

t. retard
Number of UFC champions who did Judo: fucking 0
Ronda Rousey's mom(a world champion in Judo) has said herself that Judo is full of old nerds with no athletic ability. If you practice from a young age you can be ranked nationally just by putting work in. The whole bathrobe system with colored belts is a massive pyramid scheme

>judo is much worse if your opponent is half naked
Holy shit

A gun, and taking this shit to /asp/

he's not wrong, most of judo throws are done grabbing sleeves and the collars of your shirt

The best fighting style is using a gun or making your opponent give up before the fight starts. If you mean in terms of sports and getting pussy, boxing is good enough for most people

just remember there's some people that will come back with a knife or with a gun or with a gang of people with knives and guns

t. got molested by his a pedo aka his master

Worse than a gun, better than no weapon. Both of which are worse than avoiding shitty situations in the first place.

I'm very sorry to hear you were molested user. Maybe the trauma is why a newfag like you doesn't know how greentext works.

It's ok dude. I'm sure that bowing to old Chinese guys who can't fight was pretty humiliating.

all you need.

cringe. post body

Fuckin retard

Thats ehat im trying to do man

>Number of UFC champions who did Judo: fucking 0
What about Fedor and Khabib?

>no self defense in boxing
What a shit image
>
>>Wrestling is B tier and so is fucking Krav Maga
Krav maga should be way lower. Wrestling is fine in B tier.

>bro just use your bjj and buttscoot
(laughs in Sakuraba)

>Touches your legs
"NOOOOOOOOOO! You can't just tackle me or pick my ankle! That's against the IJF regulations! You would get disqualified in the Tokyo next yeaaaaaaaaar!!!!"

Attached: 1561682171801.png (785x1000, 254K)

Fedor isn't a UFC champion and his fights in Japan were fixed
Khabib primarily uses wrestling to take people down. His top control game is Smabo and wrestling not Judo

That's because his master knows deadly counters to ankle picks and double legs. He doesn't wanna do it in MMA because he would kill someone with them. The IJF regulations are only to avoid deaths in competitions

How do you find a fighting gym that isn't McDojo bullshit? I just want to be able to spar at a reasonable price without a bunch of little kids.

>If you lift you'll be strong enough to out-punch any other untrained person anyways. My point is you don't need to learn to punch better if your opponent is at the same skill level but weaker than you.
you are fucking retarded and have clearly never been in a fight in your life

Attached: D-lrX-ZUIAAHJqG.jpg large.jpg (312x321, 21K)

Find a gym with a lot of guys your age and you're usually good. I'm currently in a bjj gym where there's barely anyone. The stuff they teach is legit but it's really important to have numbers at the gym

>cancel notice more than a month
>doesnt start rolls standing
>no rolling until x stripes/belt
>nobody competes
>its a gracie barra

Why is gracie barra a sign of mcdojo?

He is memeing because he's a dumb fuck. The Gracie Barra I went to was great.

>my gf's face, behind you, when you're pwning me epic style with your grappling art

Attached: 19306955263dacc6d2fb29d73e157ca4.jpg (500x285, 27K)

You'll wish your had a shirt on when I grab your chest hair.

wrestling is superior to judo

>2019
>Not recognising that BJJ + Muay Thai is the GOAT combo.

Wrestling and boxing also is a great combination.

If you can only pick one thing to train chose either boxing or muay thai/kickboxing

>French kickboxing
Savate, mon ami.

Glassing a cunt. Martial arts rarely teach you about ways of surviving being curbstomped by a wild pack of gypos/niggers

I want to learn Capoeira and Muay Thai so I can mix em together. This thread got interested in Judo too