Oral health thread

Can't afford a trip to the dentist edition

Attached: file.png (1089x811, 1.09M)

Other urls found in this thread:

sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150204144653.htm
youtube.com/watch?v=SRivxlG8Bmc
aetnadentaloffers.com/plans/aetna-dental-access?f=p
insidermonkey.com/blog/top-10-countries-with-the-best-and-straightest-teeth-and-oral-health-in-the-world-600086/?singlepage=1
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcus_mutans
twitter.com/AnonBabble

going to mexico and getting implants this year

LMFAO how do people even get cavities like just floss and don't drink pop rofl
t. See a dentist 2x/year

Stop eating grains, only eat meat and fruit (in season)

sciencedaily.com/releases/2015/02/150204144653.htm

Im a dentist whats wrong.

Don't post boogie and stop being poor

My teeth have holes.

This, I don’t even start fruit though

Fucking hell America, god I am lucky to be Aussie.

Don’t take those preworkouts with citrus it literally destroys your teeth and throat, even worse if you’re unhygienic and never brush it clean your mouths.

tfw getting 4 fillings done this week

Attached: 1437854822981.jpg (500x598, 190K)

and?

pain, expense, sorrow

They give you pain killer, retard.

have you ever had a filling?

Yes, two.

The only thing that hurts is the pain killer shot.

receded gums

Attached: recededgums.jpg (256x192, 7K)

Those are clearly British teeth user
Americans are disgusting in many ways, but we really like our teeth

are you fucking stupid? It's 100% painless

i finally got a waterpik (provided for free from my insurance) and a nice vibrating toothbrush. Shit is comfy and my mouth feels clean as fuck

How much and what implants are you getting? I dont even know if I can get some because my top jaw is smaller than my lower jaw *which is why I could not get braces*

about $10,000 to get my top row removed and implants.

Not him.
It's not painful but it's pretty uncomfortable if the cavity is deep, every few seconds I get a shooting sensation like they just injected ice water in to my tooth on the worst one.

Except other than dentally, grains are good for you. I make extra soupy oatmeal every other day and I drink it so minimal chewing

23 yo with all four wisdom teeth still, how fucked am I??

I just got mine removed at 26. It's fine. I could have kept them but military made me get them out

>Use an electric brush (doesn't matter whether it's cheap or expensive)
>Floss twice a day, focus mostly on getting in and around gums rather than teeth
>Mouthwash twice a day
There you go, no cavities.
Also:
>Get braces if you can afford them
>Get your teeth professionally whitened
>Go to the dentist at least once a year so you can get you teeth checked and polished
Do NOT underestimate the power of good teeth on attracting people.

Stroke mouth

Attached: avatar10796_3.png (200x149, 34K)

sounds like you have a tooth infection. you need to go to a dentist, get antibiotics, and get the tooth removed.

That's how it felt to get the filling I mean, it was a deep cavity so even with novocaine some feeling from the drill and cold water came through

Attached: 1563688331080.jpg (592x512, 46K)

same, doesn't bother me yet

Keep dental floss next to your computer and floss randomly between shitposting

so glad im not american and dont have to sell a kidney just to see a doctor

I never ever floss, but I brush and use mouthwash. How fucked am I?

>bottom row crowding
Fml

Why wouldn't you have insurance

Gross. Imagine all the shit in there.

Floss before bed. Brush teeth after waking, before sleeping and after lunch, mouthwash before bed.
I would really reccomend going to a dentist to remove plaque/tartarus, though.

I'm sort of confused how people can be so short of cash they cannot afford $50 for a checkup. Most folks spend that in two weeks on cigs or beer.

Sometimes, even being fabulously wealthy cannot fix your teeth.

Attached: excessive_gingival_display.jpg (590x662, 39K)

Who the fuck gets any sort of pain killer for a filling? They make us suffer in Oklahoma. Probably because half of us are already high but still.

Who /salivaslightlymoreacidicthannormal/ here?
haha kill me

Flossing is fucking uncomfy. I only brush at night. Done

Go to Mexico and get your shit done.

Anyone else believe thar oral issues are mostly genetics? I sometimes go up to a week without brushing my teeth, never flossed in my life. Mostly brush only at night, never used mouth wash in my life and every checkup im perfectly fine.

If you are not flossing you are just making problems for yourself later. Often the reason flossing is uncomfortable is because you do not floss frequently (so the gum tissue is chronically inflamed) or you do not know the proper technique. The next time you visit a dentist ask about proper flossing technique.

youtube.com/watch?v=SRivxlG8Bmc

hey guys getting my wisdom teeth out in a few days. Is it a meme or will they actually fuck up my mouth, they really didnt look that bad on the xray and my dentist didnt even say that i needed them out. The teeth are angled slightly toward the 2ndary molars and have not grown roots or emerged yet.

samefagging this.
Never had a cavity in whole life and I only brush at night every other day or so . Also never needed braces

>Talking to dad on phone about how I need to go to the dentist soon but it's like $300 for a fucking basic checkup and cleaning and I hate the idea of spending so much money like that
>Conversation changes to how he got a "great deal" on a little car buffer/waxing handheld machine on amazon for $300"
>I start shaking my head in complete confusion as to why he would need to spend that much money on a car he drives maybe once a week. Am silent for 10 seconds trying to process what to even say about that.
>eventually just say "heh pretty good deal"

God what a fucking waste of money...what does he need a $300 wax job for? To show it off to the neighbours? "Oh hey honey look at that shiny fucking car he's got out there! Wow he must be some big shot with a wax job like that!"

just had those invisalign retainer things fitted. costing me 3k and it's a bit of a pain when it comes to eating but in 12 weeks i'll have lovely straight teeth. quite pleased with my decision.

>have to wear retainers at night for the rest of your life
Wasnt worth it for me

nah, if i pay an extra 300 at the end of treatment they fit fixed retainers on the backs of my teeth that just sit there and keep everything nice and straight forever.

>pop

One of the single most unnecessary surgeries there is. My sisters wisdom teeth were fine but the dentist still recommended they get pulled "just incase they get an infection later". They sliced some nerve when doing it and she lost feeling in half of her tongue. She can still talk fine, it's just always numb to any feeling.

Dentist first said I should get mine removed 10 years ago. They're still fine. He still tries to get me to remove them.

You are still going to need to wear retainers. That back fix is only so you dont have to wear the retainers at day aswell for some hours. You either unaware or got scammed

>you can wear retainers at night forever
>or we can fix these to your teeth and then you can wear retainers at night forever
moron

my gums are receding. I've never had the best teeth but I think hard brushing, poor hygeine and braces contributed.

Now Idk what to do.

>It's another euros can't understand American insurance episode

>need root canal
>paying cash
>dentist sees me the following week
>does everything he can to save the tooth promptly
Meanwhile
>have coworker on Medicaid
>also needs root canal
>gets appointment three months out for removal
>not even going to try to save it
>no options for treatment
>months of pain

Pics?

Sensodyne. Nimbus brush. Google bass technique. Slow concentric circles. 45 degree angle to gumline. 30 seconds per quadrant. If you are rich get grafts but be prepared to spend about 1-2k per area.

Invest in an electric toothbrush ASAP, you're brushing too hard.
Gum tissue does not regenerate btw.

Anybody got any experience with these "sonic" toothbrushes?
This one is a "ProtectiveClean", thinking about getting one

Attached: 4774018.jpg (103x600, 6K)

You fucking people need help. Here's a cheap cheap plan that gives you discounts on services at the dentist. If you can't afford $14/mo then you have larger issues that you need to take care of first.

aetnadentaloffers.com/plans/aetna-dental-access?f=p

Additionally, many places have dental schools that will work on you for free so their students can get experience.

No:

1. Denmark – 0.4 DMFT score
2. Germany – 0.5 DMFT score
3. Finland – 0.7 DMFT score
4. United Kingdom – 0.8 DMFT score
5. Sweden – 0.8 DMFT score
6. Switzerland – 0.9 DMFT score
7. Canada – 1.0 DMFT score
8. Mexico – 1.1 DMFT score
9. United States – 1.2 DMFT score
10. France – 1.2 DMFT score

insidermonkey.com/blog/top-10-countries-with-the-best-and-straightest-teeth-and-oral-health-in-the-world-600086/?singlepage=1

There is no need to get them removed. If a problem develops then do it then, otherwise its just a waste of money.

good luck, hermano

Attached: 1556611061731.jpg (1277x639, 151K)

it's partially genetics but largely diet and jaw posture
most people have fucked teeth because they ate garbage and slack jawed for most of their development

Attached: abo.jpg (1183x761, 406K)

yep, they dig up cavemen skeletons and find they have great teeth and jaw posture. Modern processed foods are the worst for your teeth. I heard that chewing hard gum from an early age can help simulate eating 'proper' food, If only I'd heard that when I was young then maybe I wouldn't have a horrible underbite.

Attached: 1503998666638.jpg (448x312, 42K)

haha imagine if your dick got sucked by that haha wouldn't that be creepy

>correlation
>grain causes bad teeth

Where do you live? Get on medicaid or something. Get on assistance so you can afford medicine...

Attached: gc7wkgs2mef31.jpg (1846x1846, 573K)

carnivores claim another one, kek

Attached: 1557368532938.png (1382x2433, 945K)

Fuck you fake doctor pos

you will still have cavities

Attached: 1542468124460.png (992x940, 86K)

Is he into cars?

Frank is gay.

Attached: 27512b81-screenshot-2019-04-01-at-12.08.54.png (549x555, 469K)

How much do you reckon it would cost to fix that shit ? Never had orthodontics, and I Have a fake tooth from biking.

Attached: A7E34F56-0DB1-4C97-BF9D-CF67DD2B1411.jpg (347x462, 39K)

Tribes in Africa had perfectly straight teeth.
Teeth crowding and rot is mostly a western phenomena where we eat lots of grains, mostly this fucking island called Britain in the 1800s

processed grains eg. bread, pasta

what country in the world would have cheapest implants/veneers and allround dental services?

how do i fix this? no cavities, but teeth are yellow as fuck

Attached: teeth.jpg (800x473, 45K)

peroxide strips

On the final month of my aligners. It feels so good. My teeth are so straight now, I'm not self conscious when I smile anymore, fuck.

It's seriously the best investment I've ever made in my life. 8 months, 2 thousand bucks, and my confidence is through the fucking roof.

Thailand, Mexico, or India

That's just the natural colour of teeth, enamel is a translucent white/blue colour and the dentine beneath is yellow.

Having porcelain white teeth is a meme pushed by Americans and ironically actually makes your teeth more brittle.

Nice healthy gums by the way! Keep up the good dental care.

Attached: 1482360982065.gif (857x994, 427K)

got an appointment at 3:45 lads

source

Good luck user. Get those teeth right.

I have the same one, it's really nice.

>pulses when 30secs is up to switch quadrants
>mouth & teeth feel great after
>my dentist says my teeth have improved since
>pair with good Toothpaste like Apagard Premio for God tier teeth/ less flouride in your bod
>Apagard premio usually goes on sale on Amazon with packs of 2
>toothbrush charges on a plugin base.

Ignore the "new head" light, when it goes off keep using ur current head for a few months before buying replacements.

Attached: 20190819_123221.jpg (4032x3024, 2.94M)

>healthy teeth but all messed up.
>need braces, still can't afford them
>at least I never had cavities
>found one. fix it.
>next year, two. fix them.
>next year more and more.
I don't know what the fuck happened to my mouth and I'm fuckin tired.

hello

Attached: 20190217_000000.jpg (4128x2322, 1.25M)

You need invisalign or a normal tooth brace dude.

!!!!!!!!! broo!!!!!!!!!

enamel restoration

My upper left wisdom tooth. Feelsbadman. I need to stop skipping brushing my teeth.

Attached: 20190818_193106.jpg (2576x1932, 1.6M)

How to treat gum recession please

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streptococcus_mutans

Have fun.

Can you believe i went 2 fucking months without brushing my teeth, had a checkup, brushed ONCE in the morning, dentist says good job user everything is fine.

Brushing is a jewish scam. Its either genetics or you retards eat like shit

You're getting set up for the biggest payout in your life. The lovely jew is gonna suckle the nickles out of your bankaccount while drilling your rotten teeth out lmao. Hes gonna get that retirement check.