/fitlit/ thread. you need to make those brain gains too user. what are you reading?

/fitlit/ thread. you need to make those brain gains too user. what are you reading?

Attached: 1561650510195.jpg (647x656, 177K)

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.org/details/b30509555/page/n4
plato-dialogues.org/tetralog.htm
libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=37D10B6E5F95B9151DC8933A7B4EA886
libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=BC78741C9CBED19E60F7C48A2B3C42EB
vocaroo.com/i/s1mTx7CCsKvT
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Nothing, my attention span is fucking dead, I want to read and learn so much but I can never follow through and keep focused.

Attached: DIiCcTzVAAAWwUt.jpg (1080x674, 136K)

I am taking the Musil pill, Whitehead user

Attached: 51CRz2WP18L._SX328_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg (330x499, 31K)

Adderall

me 2 bud

Water Margin

Currently reading through City of God by Augustine. It's a decent read so far. Long as crap tho, have around 750 pages left.

It's very good, highly recommend it.

Attached: 918yVxlcnuL.jpg (1684x2560, 765K)

Pinker is nothing but a neoliberal shill. Read real philosophers

He's a psychologist not a philosopher. It doesn't sound like you actually read it or know what it's about. It's a pretty bipartisan book based on statistics that gives reason to be optimistic.

For me, it’s

Attached: ED83C935-F351-45F1-8194-765EC6375AA1.jpg (312x475, 44K)

Finally reading King Lear

Don't give up bro. Try this book
archive.org/details/b30509555/page/n4
Solve basic math exercises to restart the engine. It will help you train your concentration.
Remember to have break from electronic devices though, they do mess up with the attention span.

Extreme ownership recently. I enjoy bettering myself.

just finished reading the christian vampire novel my junior year HS history teacher wrote. it was about what i expected, except for the gratuitous amount of graphic sex stuff.

the culture of narcissism by Christopher lasch
das kapital with david harveys lectures on the side
the guns of the south by harry turtledove

the only thing pinker ever did correctly was fuck children epstein brought him. dumb fuck says "everythings ok :)" by pulling out statistics of global life expectancy improvement while failing to note those are the results of heavy public investment against poverty in asia. india and china doing well because their governments marginally understand social welfare doesnt unfuck my shithole and if the dips who run this country ever tried to emulate china we'd just have the prison camps and no social programs.

>oh wait

Listening to Shakespeare at work and reading The Divine Comedy before bed.

The next two physical books sitting by my bed are Red Dragon and Watchmen, so I'll need to have some more substantive audiobooks lined up for that period. The Old Testament, The Selfish Gene, Maps of Meaning, it's gonna be dense. Might indulge in the Phil Dragesh production of LotR after that, it's the most incredible rendition of Tolkien's work ever produced and I can't recommend it enough.

The Witcher and Nevernight.

Rereading The Bands of Mourning

The Structure of Scientific Revolutions

I think I'm gonna read some Montesquieu

Hey I had to read that back in University

The Bible. Inb4 stupid degenerates start whining about how da j00wz stole their jerbs.

Attached: readthis.jpg (373x248, 45K)

>Maps of Meaning,
>it's gonna be dense
i really, really agree

Still Meno by Plato at the moment. Recently continued reading him. It's taking me forever to progress.
Trying to read the dialogues in this order: plato-dialogues.org/tetralog.htm

The Bible
12 Rules For Life - Jordan Peterson
Meditations - Marcus Aurelius
The Art Of War - Sun Tzu
Aesop's Fables - Aesop
The Tao Te Ching
Confucian Analects
The City Of God - Saint Augustine
Atlas Shrugged - Ayn Rand
1984 - George Orwell
Thomas Aquinas
Dialogues & Republic - Plato
Aristotle
The Art Of The Deal - Donald Trump
The Divine Comedy - Dante
William Shakespeare
Edgar Allan Poe
J. R. R. Tolkien

Attached: 12.jpg (198x297, 10K)

Thanks pal but I failed college algebra, I'll give technology a rest in short bursts though. I'll see if I can find any paperbacks lieing around, thanks for the reply.

The problem with these threads is nobody posts health or fitness related books. It's all just fiction and pseudo-intellectual crap.

>During the millions of years that our ancestors lived by hunting, every weakling who could not maintain perfect health on fresh fat meat and water was bred out.

>There are probably only two perfect foods—fresh fat meat and clean water.

libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=37D10B6E5F95B9151DC8933A7B4EA886

Attached: Strong_Medicine_Blog-1.jpg (375x514, 28K)

Filthy casual

Attached: graysanatomy.jpg (446x595, 57K)

when i finish das kapital im starting Peak.

You are starting with the Greeks, right, user?

Attached: Aristofanes.jpg (209x300, 11K)

>start reading The Name of the Rose
>start med school before i can finish it
>now no time to read it

Well shit.

fifty shades of gray gay edition

I'm reading pic related at the moment.

I hope you find the them man, its a great book.

Attached: muh book.jpg (316x474, 24K)

breakfast with the dirt cult

Midnight Tides by Steven Erikson.
It's a fantasy book with a complicated plot. I read for fun but I like stuff that requires thinking and paying attention to understand

Either/Or and Gödel, Escher, Bach.

Based

Rereading Siddhartha by Herman Hesse, Meditations, and some books on freestyle wrestling techniques and shit

shits pretty gay for most parts but actually some good stuff as well

Attached: 71uMp-AtbYL.jpg (1650x2250, 227K)

>some books on freestyle wrestling techniques
Nice. Age? How long have you wrestled?

lol
Hopefully trolling

We Want to Live by aajonus Vonderplanitz is better.

You've read them both?

Way of Men trilogy by Jack Donovan, Anarcho Fascism by Jonas Nilsson (HIGHLY recommend), The Prince by Machiavelli, and On War by Clausewitz. I also listen to MDE's Utopia on repeat.

Attached: sun cross pine.jpg (1024x1024, 518K)

Dante's The Divine Comedy

Attached: g144plclsgm01.jpg (613x710, 52K)

Both of those are great i've read meditations a couple times it's worth it everytime. I recommend trying Steppenwolf next thats the only other Hesse book i've gotten through so far and it's also great.

Currently listening to Brothers Karamazov and 6th book in the Horus Heresy series of w40k for some fiction.

No, it's total rubbish with not a single smart idea

>Fiber Menace is for people who believe fiber prevents cancers, reduces the risk of heart disease, regulates blood sugar, wards off diabetes, lowers appetite, induces weight loss, cleanses the colon, and eliminates constipation. Tragically, none of it is true.

libgen.is/book/index.php?md5=BC78741C9CBED19E60F7C48A2B3C42EB

Attached: FM-cover-S.jpg (379x565, 39K)

i save smart webms and watch them at a later date on VLC

Attached: 1533729884175.gif (320x200, 1.9M)

Attached: 1566168505980.jpg (328x499, 34K)

Attached: 51U89SxGp-L.jpg (333x500, 39K)

>read real philosophers
Ah yes ‘real philosophers’ that promote incelian-nihilism like Schopenhauer and Nietzsche

Lmao loser..

you are a colossal faggot

?

No, things are obviously getting better
Just because you come from a shithole don’t project it onto the rest of the world

It’s very clearly better to be alive now than 100 years ago

You’re just an emo

Attached: 71r+wVYQp3L.jpg (768x1192, 236K)

Wow what an intelligent thing to say

>I like this book which mains theme is reason
>DURRRR HURRRR DURR UR A FAG HAHA DURRR

Attached: 9781594204807_custom-2afe38a2acd5f00290fe46eba80972e4b580c60e-s6-c30.jpg (948x1432, 55K)

Do Android's dream of electric sheep, really enjoying it so far

Aristotle's Philosophy. Metaphysics is one of the most confusing shits I've ever read

Then read slower

It’s really not complicated or confusing, it’s actually very clear

What are forms damnit, I'm on Book VI and I still don't know what the forms are

Attached: IMG_20190716_040542.jpg (981x708, 67K)

I still can't decide if I enjoyed reading that book or if it was a total waste of time.

pretty based user I recommend Epictetus

just started reading Aristophanes love it so far it's actually funny.

Not the guy that your are replying to but have to ever read Nietzsche?
For anyone who actually studies Nietzsche hate both the pop phil and the edge lord shit that gets represented as his views.

that faggot thinks that Nietzsche is an edgelord nihilist of course he's never read Nietzsche

Currently reading; All things are nothing to me: the unique philosophy of Max Stirner.
Hegel's phenomenology of spirit
Dostoevsky's, The idiot
The phenomenology of perception by Merleau-Ponty
And just finishing up with
Queer Phenomenology by Sarah Ahmed and Albert Camus the rebel

read plato

Water. Drink it.
Then slap yourself in the face and force yourself to. Then after a while reading it really enjoyable. I was"diagnosed" with "ADHD" when I was 13. I did this and I read like a champ now. Don't let anyone especially yourself tell you what you can and can't do. That's nigger talk.

Attached: 1542723326721.png (604x608, 5K)

maps of meaning, get ready for the real academic word salad (I study philosophy and have written on both Jung and Nietzsche).
Watchmen is great though. Unusual to see someone reading a book from a devout anarchist like Moore and also reading JP.

Gotta commend you on going for such a broad list, I wouldn't bother with Atlas Shrugged though. Political stupidity/disagreement aside its a bad novel.

I dont find blade runner as enjoyable since.

Go and watch some basic Greek philosophy lectures on youtube. Youll be able to find some from decent universities.

Basically they are non-actual (not in the world), perfect objects. each thing in the world is an imperfect reflection of that form. The forms give us the ability to recognize objects etc. Or atleast thats the shortest way to explain a Paltonic form.

A Aristotelian form requires both matter (world material) and the ideal from and is made of their interaction.

So lobster daddy, ancap mommy, books you were forced to read in high school and a few pseud-tier Chinese books. Extremely cucked.
You and the two faggots who commented based have an even shittier taste in literature than the average Albanian coal miner. Go post that shit on /lit/ and see what they say.

Attached: pikachu.jpg (1125x754, 422K)

can life prevail?
industrial society and its future.
a handbook for right wing youth.
bhagavad-gita as it is.
revolt against the modern world.
ride the tiger.

have sex

so what's good taste then you pretentious faggot

Gonna be reading a new light/visual novel today! But after the gym of course, gotta keep both the mind and body sharp. Might revisit one of my favorites, Harry Potter, aswell.

Attached: literally me.jpg (500x750, 46K)

Forced myself to finally finish 1984 last week, was pretty hard because same as many others here, my attention span is fucked. Now I started reading The Gulag Archipelago.

Over halfway through the lightning and the sun by Devi. Not really read Nazi stuff but like this but it’s actually pretty cool. Going back into classical lit after finishing, probably re-reading homer stuff

Yeah, you eventually gotta just force yourself to chug through books. I don’t recommend going into the slog that is the gulag archipelago though, especially if you’re having a hard time reading. Try to get better at long-session reading with books that basically never allow you to stop reading. I recommend the road by McCarthy or Old man and the sea by Hemingway.

Just finished the newest Expanse book. Currently trudging through Peter Watts's Blindsight, but it's shit.
Oh, and recently enjoyed Andy Weir's second book, Artemis. It's great, I hope they adapt it as well as they did with the Martian.

Great book, but my attention span is fucked so it's taking me a long time to finish it.

Attached: 8BEF4444-441C-481D-9F3F-204BDB18F344.jpg (1664x2560, 968K)

Thanks, probably a good idea. I'm in chapter 3 right now but I find it hard to read for "longer" (like 30 minutes) stretches of time because of the long complicated sentences and names.

iRobot, shits blowing my fucking mind. Azamov was way ahead of his time

I'm reading a book about how [healthy buzzword #1] isnt really true but [healthy buzzword #2] is.

After that I plan to read a book about how [healthy buzzword #2] isnt really true but [healthy buzzword #1] is.

For people that have trouble paying attention, I strongly recommend pomodoro technique. It acknowledges that people usually have ADHD, and so the 5 min break allows to be able to shit-post and do whatever you want really.

Studying for uni and a civil service exam is taking most of my time so I'm diving deep into this motherfucker. On my spare time I'm reading "Heathen Imperialism" from Evola

Attached: 5102AwbnX7L._AC_SY400_.jpg (301x400, 27K)

is it good? it looks so long

just finished reading emotional intelligence by daniel goleman

>Anarcho-Fascism

Attached: 1538689493142.jpg (992x880, 157K)

That technique sounds interesting, I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks a lot, fren

Attached: TheUnique-Stirner-Landstreicher.png (667x1000, 383K)

theres been technological improvements but also the benefits of them go to a (pedophile) wealthy ruling class while my wages havent grown in decades and the ecology of the planet is breaking down before my children have even been born. people like kim kardashian, bill clinton, rupert murdoch and jeff bezos live like pharaohs and i cant lift weights enough to undo a wealth gap that surpasses that between czar and peasant.

altho in pinkers favor i did just get sent a $5 off coupon for Grubhub, maybe the world is improving after all :)

>egoism
>anarcho fascism
>cuckservatism

All of you faggots need to shut up and go out and pick up Christopher Lasch's The culture of narcissism and the revolt of the elites. you are so far afield of the real world it is embarrassing.

What does Jow Forums think of Jordan Peterson?

Highly glorious post

Based
vocaroo.com/i/s1mTx7CCsKvT

god damn i hated reading this so much
>im gonna cheat on my husband becos his boring abloo abloo im bored
stupid bint, about 300 pages of that crap

Isn't that some new age self-help shit?