QTDDTOT

Why does cardio right after lifting prevent DOMS?

I did a spin class right after squatting yesterday and my legs don't hurt at all.

Attached: 1564314425545.gif (480x480, 2.04M)

what's a good routine for a weakfag joining the military? 3 months left, starting gym membership end of this month when i get paid.

Depending on the branch, you will get run into the ground with workouts during bootcamp anyways. Focus on getting in cardio, and I say this because the ability to run over a mile, which many adults cannot do, is essential. Most of what you will be doing is bodyweight exercises such as burpees and air chairs, so you're going to want that cardio base.

Jog 2 kilometers every other day / do sprints on off days
4 x sets of push ups a day (rep range should be 20 - 50)
4 x Standing squats 50 each and up if you aren't feeling it
4 x pull up (max each time)
Do those calisthenics exercises 2x a day

Learn to stretch / do jumping jacks and other cardio movements you will be doing in basic.

When you get to the gym start a 5x5 Starting strength routine.

i've been running for a while, comfortable up to around 8 miles and after that it's just mentally pushing myself and how shitty i feel on the day which leads me to stop, that's at a 6:00/km pace which is slow, i know i won't be the best runner there, likely bottom of the middle of the pack. worried more about rope climbs, pullups and upper body strength in circuits and on obstacle courses

how many grams of protein is my body able to absorb in a post workout meal?
what to eat for loose stools during a bulk?

Start doing pull-ups user. Even if it is just a tree. Do them.

Is this why I'm hardly ever sore? Just started lifting 2 months ago. I go heavy but do 10 mins of cardio before workout and 20 mins after workout.

How do I defeat the True Last Boss suger demon?

Cardio improves the blood flow to the muscles used, removing waste in the muscles, moving more nutrients to the muscles and speeding up recovery.

Stop cold turkey

Shit yeah. I am totally using this to squat more often and get joocy

I'm about 5'11 157lb around 22% bf, going to be starting a proper program shortly. Should I be trying to eat above or below my TDEE at first?

>5'11"
>157#
Above. Definitely above. Get some muscle.

Can anyone recommend me a decent bodyweight routine? I currently only have access to a pullup bar and the floor.
Also my core in general is extremely weak, any exercises to fix this?

Attached: tewiwi.jpg (850x649, 104K)

Eat skele boi

I've got a little bit of pain on the external side of the knee, a bit behind it. I've been reading and I got kind of scared of meniscus tears, especially since it is said that they aren't immediately painful... If indeed I'm that fucked, what would be the best way to rehab?

Found this on Scooby's site

A1 Pushups – 3xAMRAP
A2 Chinups – 3xAMRAP
A3 Leg exercise – 3xAMRAP
They're supposed to be superset with 60 seconds between each exercise.
Sound okay?

Flushes lactic acid

Depends on water, form of protein, intake post meal (sugar will occupy liver when livers trying to process protein)

I'm a bigboi (275@10%) and the most I've been able to digest without protein farts (proof your body isn't absorbing) is under 80g but that was all meat with plenty of fat and veggies.

The only way to keep your stools loose is plenty of electrolytes and water. Spicy food helps too. You can cheat by eating high oil, high fiber, but that blows and fucks with your skin

Eat more, do more heavy volume (more sets of 5).

A good program will leave you mildly sore deep in your muscles without the lactic acid burn the following day. That way all the protein synthesis dedicated to that area on day 2 is (hopefully) gains. And then day 3, your body stops repairing from a workout.

I hit 275@8% with good strength lifting everything every day the last 2 weeks but the secret was that I did 1 hour+ of cardio post workout

If there's pain on the outside, stretch the inside, pain on inside, stretch the outside

Same deal front and back. The knee needs balanced tensions on all sides to remain pain-free

Heavy squats, deads, bench, row. Calisthenics are fine cardio but won't get you anywhere

If I do some retarded 4 day split with something like
Legs
Chest
Shoulders and biceps
Back and triceps
Will I still need rest days?

Do you guys ohp in the squat rack or just outside it

Is benching 3 times a week bad for your joints?

Why do I see so many people use 4 x 22.5 lbs plates as opposed to just 2 x 45 lbs is there a benefit I'm not seeing or are they just being stupid.

If you finish all your sets for an exercise but don't feel drained and still with plenty of energy, is it a good idea to do an extra set even if it wasn't planned?

>Heavy squats, deads, bench, row. Calisthenics are fine cardio but won't get you anywhere

Depends on anons goals. Not everyone one is looking to be gigantor9k. Also, If you cant do basic bodyweight you dont need to start picking heavythings up.

Hey /qtddtot/

Say I want to have the schedule:
breakfast - lunch - dinner - gym - post-gym meal - sleep

What would be the ideal post-gym meal? Protein powder?

Yes because your tricep work would end up before chest

I do this:
Chest and back
Shoulders and arms
Legs
Rest day

If you aren't intermediate strength yet, you can lose the rest day.

In the squat rack but i am doing lmao2pl8

Look closer, they are 25s. Not that it matters, but they're just being stupid

Not if you are working back that often so you don't fuck your shoulders

Lift heavier and it's fine yes

Chekkd
Just protein would help you sleep but you'll perform better lifting earlier in the day

How does Jow Forums feel about elbow braces? Are they actually helpful for tennis elbow, or just placebo?

Attached: 1543510138718.jpg (1500x1421, 261K)

Gotta get to work at 7:00, go home at 16:00. 16:00-21:00 it's super crowded at gym, so meh.

thx thoo

I get a dull pain here while doing chinups and preacher curls. It also looks swollen or something because it pops out more than my other arm while doing the exercise. It's gotten better over the past few weeks but I'm wondering if I should go light on exercises where I feel the pain.

Attached: 20190819_123045.jpg (3024x2378, 3.24M)

Am i meant to have 2 pull / push days on a ppl routine (ie push a, push b) or the same push and pull twice a week?

Attached: This is the only .jpg I have saved on my PC.jpg (900x600, 133K)

is there any problem with training one muscle group for hypertrophy and another for strength in the same session?

I've heard the fabric is often shitty and tears easily, it might not happen with the higher tier models but they are too fucking pricey in my opinion
Just do eccentric exercices mate, it helped a great deal with my elbows and my recovery went quite fast

depends on what time of day you're going to be training at
If training 3x a week, have 1 pull, 1 push, 1 legs
If training 6x a week, have 2 pulls, 2 push, 2 legs (a and b)
nope

In theory, if a skinny person lifted weights regularly but didn't up their caloric intake to achieve a surplus, would they still eventually gain a little weight due to growing muscle mass? Or would they burn off more of their weight while lifting?

they'd gain muscle while losing what little fat that they have left. If they are truly eating at maintenance, they'd stay the same weight but replace their fat with muscle

is there a downside to eating 300gr of chicken every (other) day?

>depends on what time of day you're going to be training at
Around 20:00/21:00

How often do you guys shit? Im pooping two big poops a day and Im worried about losing progress from overpooping

How do you incorporate all these fiddly little accessories for lagging muscles when you have limited time in the gym? I want to incorporate stuff like lateral raises and face pulls for my misshapen shoulders, but I have 90 minutes for gym that I put towards strength training 3 compounds (60 minutes) and then HIIT conditioning (25-30 minutes).

been doing GSLP for ~1.5 months but I’m already stalling on my squat at 150lbs (I’m 175 bw).

I think it’s because my quads are weak (hips come up first out of the hole, have to actively drive them forward to prevent doing a squat-morning). What sort of accessory leg work should I add to strengthen my squat besides leg press? Any unilateral work?

How does stronglifts 5x5 goes along with a cut? And during a cut, how do i prevent failures in the various compound movements and to keep increasing the weight?

eat more. you should not be stalling at 150lbs for any reason other than lack of food.

You don't. You hope for the best.

no but make sure you find a way to make it taste good or you are autistic enough to eat it every day

find more time, try separating your cardio time maybe?

eat more, go watch some how to squat videos on youtube, learn to brace better, start stretching. its probably a form, bracing, calorie or mobility problem

Planks homie.

My roommate and I are starting our workout routine today. I have some prior experience with the main 5 barbell exercises and he has never been to a gym before. I plan to teach him how to perform those basic movements and I'll be doing SL 5x5.

My question is - when it comes to deadlift and rows how can we do those with the bar only? We'd like to practice proper form however with those 2 it's awkward as the bar doesn't rest at the correct height off the ground. I checked our garage and we don't really have anything (other than plates) which we could rest the bar on.

I am hesitant to throw 25s on for rows and 35s (or 45s) on for deadlift as we might find it intimidating and also want to avoid any injuries or unhealthy movements. TIA

Attached: MVIMG_20190601_180719.jpg (1280x720, 444K)

Is my routine fine?
WOA: Legs and Shoulders
WOB: Back and Biceps
WOC: Chest and Triceps
ABCABCx

Attached: 1566187192549s.jpg (56x56, 1K)

Can I squat one day and deadlift the next if I'm a novice NEET eating big? I figure 6 days/week and one rest/run day

I found a unopened packet of oat 500g in my pantry. It expired on the 4th of August (2 weeks ago). Do you think it's safe if this weekend I eat the entire thing? For breakfast, lunch and dinner? I know it's expired but I don't like waste.

Attached: 1554859528557.jpg (604x516, 31K)

How do I fix forward head?

Attached: 1548365621101.jpg (488x350, 56K)

start rows from the height of your bench. Deadlift you typically start at 85 or something so you can put bumper plates on, if you dont have bumper plates then just start from a crouch further down, the weight is low enough youll be fine

you'll proly die lool

When they talk about the minimum calories you should eat during a cut do they mean net calories or your total consumption? Say for example you are on a 1500 calorie cut diet but you burn 500 extra calories exercising. Is the net 1000 okay or are you supposed to eat another 500 calories?

Attached: 1566124839271.png (900x962, 773K)

I wouldn't recommend doing that
What routine are you doing? But nonetheless is much better having a day between Squat and Deadlift for muscle recovery

Lactic acid and DOMS aren't related though...
There's nothing you can do after lifting to prevent DOMS. They're micro trauma in your muscle fibbers. Only thing you can do is minimise the intensity of the pain and its duration.

It might be an unrelated correlation. Either your strong enough not to have doms any more after squats, or you didn't squat enough to have doms in the first place. Might also be that you did not use to have doms and the spin class helped with whatever caused you pain.

I'm interested in trying the GZCL LP routine, but I can anly lift 3 days a week. Can I mix it around to do the 4 days volume in 3 days, assuming I reshape the think wisely? Not sure how I'd do it, but I guess I'd put T1 OHP and Squat on the same day and T2 squats on T1 Bench. This way that would do somehow a full body routine rather than an UL split.
Opinions?

I think my form is good. I foam roll and stretch daily. My other lifts aren’t stalling whatsoever.

I work on my feet 50+ hrs/week and cycle as my main mode of transportation. Maybe my legs are just more taxed by gym time? If so wouldn’t my deadlift stall too, though?

>eat big to get big
Is this actually true?
I've been eating a ton of food for the past 2 months and gained quite a bit of muscle and strength. On the flip side, I also gained a big belly and love handles. I hate the feeling of my fat hanging over my pants and being fat in general.

so you spend over 2 hours just on running?
stop spending so much time and at least up it to 9 km/h

Do you guys happen to know any Jow Forums related podcasts?

Bracing really might be the issue there. It's the hardest part of the movement to understand because you don't "see" it on the videos. before you go down, if your torso can rotate, then you're not braced remotely enough.

do your upper body lifts before your lower body lifts and do the fiddly accessories in between the lower body lifts

Revive stronger
Iron culture
Stronger by science
Barbell medicine
Jps

All the rest are meh to absolute garbage

If I do a 4 day split like:
Push
Legs
Pull
Run
Will I still need rest days?

Would any of you fine gentleman happen to have that comic strip that said it couldn't be done? The one had a fat guy getting laughed at, getting fit and running a marathon.

Really just warming up to 1x5. I'm a former intermediate (advance bench) trying to get it back while NEETing after a quarterlife crisis.

I've pulled 4pl8 before but this morning I did 5x245, same as yesterday's squats. So novice numbers but I'm not really a novice.

Also eating 1.25lb ground beef on top of 1 cup (dry) rice atm. And milk.

Attached: 1565979818517.jpg (982x1189, 738K)

I've doing a weight loss challenge and the prize is a a holiday for two. I've lost 18kg so far but someone is getting close to me.

What can I do to maximise my weight loss? The end is in 2 weeks. Want to lose as much as possible in that period of time.

Currently eating at around 1700 calories a day, eating more than that but also burning a lot more off with cardio/weight lifting

Amputate a limb.

Super lean people: do you gain less water weight since there's less fat for it to be stored in/around (sorry if I sound like a retard)?

I store more water weight at higher bf% levels, but just wondering if it completely goes away if you're extremely lean.

look up how figthers, lifters etc cut before competition

When doing chinups, try to turn your thumbs towards you more. Leave out the pinky finger if it can't reach the bar very well in that position.
Alternatively, do chinups on those 45 degree handles, neutral grip or on rings.

eating at a calorie surplus (bulking) will make you gain weight (both muscle and fat)
If you're gaining too much fat relative to muscle then you need to eat at a smaller surplus (slightly less food)
Juggernaut Training Systems' JuggLife Podcast
do a water cut and decrease carbohydrate and sodium intake a few days before
water weight is stored throughout the body (fat, muscle, and even blood)
If you're lean you'll store less water weight but differences in water weight will be more apparent if you are leaner

Guys please I dont want to walk like the virgin in the virgin vs chad pic

that's pretty much the pace i run mate

Imagine you have a balloon attached to the back of your head pulling you upward as you walk.

All the time, forever. And pull those shoulders back. Out and down first, then back. Lifting heavy barbells will help with your posture.

I've seen some talk about how cardio can grow your dick to some extent, or at least improve the quality of your erections. Is this true?

Attached: 1565629104818.jpg (500x641, 36K)

What other muscle group besides abs recover quickly enough so I can exercise them each workout?

Calves

Better blood flow is better blood flow. A bad heart is half the reason why old men get ED, despite having enough test for significant arousal.

Chin up chest out shoulders back stomach in

I am currently suffering from a bloated stomach, it feels like there's 200 liters of chinese gutter oil swimming around in my belly. Should I go workout today and risk having a shit workout/puking?

Femanons who take/have taken BC pills:
How did it affect your fitness/body? Most info I find online is from women that don't track calories so they have no idea if weight gain is from their shitty habits or the BC.

I don't want to start bloating or fuck up my progress, but I don't want disgusting heavy periods either.

Is it a from tendon or something similar? That's what I'm thinking but not sure.

is seltzer water as healthy as regular water?
I stopped drinking soda a few months ago and substituted it with seltzer because my office provides it for free and now it's essentially all I drink outside of the gym where I drink regular water
like I chug 4+ cans a day in my office
but fuck if I can't find a source that gives me a simple or quantifiable answer, all of them are so wishy-washy about if it's as good as regular water or not

hello friends I’m recently obese, (191, 5’6.), starting to get back into shape. I have a decent upper-body, I benched 145x10 my last set. I’ve got horrible looking legs, fat mooshy quads, pencil thin calves. Can I make gains doing BW legs stuff at home? I’m too embarrassed to squat baby weight in the gym.
>pic related.

Attached: 52BAF086-C980-4E83-B452-20A134145E5C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.08M)

How 2 good cues for bracing

Im pretty new to lifiting. Having form issues with OHP (last set was 7@70lbs), I can't get the bar to rest on my chest AND have my elbows past the bar. One or the other but I'm completely unable to do both. I believe a shoulder injury from when I was young is the cause but it makes the lift painful and awkward to complete. Should I try a form variation or just move to db ohp?

Squat pillars juggertnaut training systems youtube channel

high bar or low bar squats tell me niggers

Attached: z9ggguy3f05z.jpg (1080x1080, 115K)

I'm new and I don't know if I should cut

5'8
18%bf

I've been lifting for a couple months, and I have been getting stronger but also fatter, I started at 160 @ 16'5%

Should I cut, and if so, to which bf% ?

Started taking ZMA as my only supplement and now I'm super hungry 24/7. Does this mean its working?

Depends on your goals. Are you training to get strong? Are you training to look good? If you are training to to look good, you dont. I would cut if i were you, but expect to lose strength.

Anybody who answers your question is full of shit. We don't even know what causes DOMS yet, let alone why cardio would prevent it. Some theories are that DOMS is caused by lactic acid which the cardio helps flush out, or that DOMS is caused by microtears in the muscles and cardio helps those heal faster by improving circulation.

You need to actually list your exercises, sets, and reps dumbass.

Dry food takes a while to expire, especially if it's sealed. Unless you see mold or it makes you sick you'll probably be fine.

Unless you're obese you shouldn't be attempting more than a 750 deficit.

Yes. Rest days are when muscles get made. You don't necessarily need one between every session but you want to separate working muscle groups by at least a day or two. You shouldn't squat two days in a row, or bench two days in a row, etc.

A light workout is better than none, but make better food choices prior to your workout next time.

lmao there are no girls on Jow Forums. I'm willing to bet there are some twinks who've taken them.

seltzer has a light acid in it which is technically worse than water, but barely. I'd still recommend just having sparkling water as a treat and not as a replacement for water.

The only thing that's going to make your legs look better is diet, you have shittons of fat on them. And just squat, nobody cares if you're doing babby weight. Just don't hog the rack and put your weights back when you're done.

Your elbows should be more or less under the bare for the whole movement. Sounds like your form is very off. Look up some videos of various heavy OHPers and see what form works best for you

>18% BF
cut. Never bulk past 16% unless you don't give a fuck about aesthetics.

Attached: 1486183159585.jpg (777x1087, 395K)

What can I do if my gym doesn't have a power rack to do squats? The closest thing is an Smith machine. Should I search for another gym?