Self Improvement General - /SIG/

READ THE STICKY:
4chanfit.fandom.com/wiki//sig/_sticky
Man in the glass edition.

Attached: Manintheglass.jpg (1000x1333, 283K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bIviJ3cFiok
youtube.com/watch?v=F0jedwTzIJg&t=535s
tasks.org/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Attached: 1528662548955.jpg (843x1100, 96K)

gf just went to college. Meanwhile, I'm still here. I feel as though I need to make a change in some way. I can't just do nothing.

Go to college yourself buddy.

Attached: 1566133315488.jpg (780x2588, 258K)

I was thinking of going into a trade. School isn't really my thing.

Will this help me? I feel like shit everytime I wake up. My "hobby", if you can call it that, was playing games all day everyday, nowadays I can't even keep the controler for more than 10 minutes. I'm disinterested all the time, have no energy or desire to do anything. My only enjoyment is masturbation.

To improve oneself is the ultimate activity. One cannot reach ultimate enlightenment if their body is unsound. The health of the body becomes the health of the mind. At the same time it takes a strong will to shape oneself and continue on that hard path that is self-actualization. The inner self becomes the outer self through actionable thoughts. Improve yourself both mind and body. Only then you can see what you can achieve and what you can perceive. If your current self has doubts, excuses, or hesitations, know that it is coming from a self that has not fully grown to what it is capable of. Apply yourself. Truly try to better yourself even if you fall. Four steps back is five steps forward in a mere weeks. Master yourself so that you can Master the world around you.

Attached: sculpter.jpg (1400x656, 218K)

Little by little user. Begin by masturbating less often. Take small steps.

youtu.be/bIviJ3cFiok

tyvm

Thanks friend.

How do I stay consistent in my motivation and drive? Every time I'm on vacation I get a really big drive to better myself, be the best possible man I can be and contribute to a better world, both socially as well as environmentally. However, when I get back home I fall back in my normal boring deadend routine. How do I escape this? I've already identified some key issues, namely too much Youtube and fapping and not enough books, which I will work on. Any other tips to keep that motivation and drive?

I'm going to change my focus entirely, from lifting to BJJ with some added cardio. I thought about it a lot, and I found that I was happiest when I had a single-minded focus on a sport and not just on lifting. Sports has been my greatest love and interest from childhood, and it feels great going back to that feeling.
That being said, I'm afraid of getting smaller and weaker and of body dismorphia and such. Any ideas on how to tackle that when/if it comes up in the future?

Jannies, don't you dare

Attached: 29134740.979303.4658.jpg (640x420, 58K)

I always feel like it's routine that helps. There's nothing like seeing the results.
I first started working out regularly about a year ago. And I was pretty on and off. At first I was super stoked on it and it was all I wanted to do because I wanted to see the results. Then I kinda became less stoked and fell out it it again because it was easier. Then I took a step back and said "fuck this, my health takes top priority, so even if I don't want to do it I'm gonna do it anyway because I gain so much from doing it." So now I work out even if I feel like shit because now I gotta make sure that I'm not tired, that I'm not hungover or anything, that I'm eating properly, etc.
And then I began to see the results. I looked stronger and felt stronger and it all cascaded out of that. And I liked that and I want to do it more. Now I just do it because it's a part of me and my routine. There's no drive or motivation involved. I just fuckin do it.
I still have times where I'm feeling off. Like right now my knee hurts and I can't run and I didn't do shit this weekend aside from drink and play vidya. I went in on a lot of alcohol. But today's a new day and it's Monday, and I work out today and I have a book to read today and I do chores today and other stuff too. All of which betters me in some way.

Point is that bettering yourself isn't something that you do, it's something that you are. Seeking motivation isn't the answer. Seeking to implement good habits is. Eventually, you won't have to feel anything to do what betters you. Not motivation or anything like that. You'll just do it. And that's when you know you're making it.

meditation and a to do app works great for me so far. put it real good

dude, just remind yourself that you have a different focus now. you stop lifting, you stop getting benefits of lifting. you dont get to complain. that being said, why not lifting and bjj instead?

Thanks user

Fuck off back to Jow Forums you mentally ill retards

Attached: 1540020765046.png (596x474, 57K)

wheres Jow Forums?

Reporting,

Been on vacation for about 21 days now, in that time I:
Did not smoke cigs
Did not smoke weed
Had a weekly to do list that I smashed through each week
Had a daily routine and to do list that I completed each day
Studied Korean for 20~30 mins daily
Started ingraining myself in Korean media to gain more familiarity to language
Done 2 of the programming projects in my backlog, on my way to a 3rd this week
Meditated at least 10 mins daily
Started swimming or running every day for the last week
Started lifting for the last week
Read 4 books
Watched 5 movies/documentaries from my backlog

It's been pretty enjoyable

Do you guys happen to know any Jow Forums related podcasts?

>why not lifting and bjj instead?
Time and energy mostly. Just got out of uni, and I'll start on my first ever fulltime job. I'll have to cycle about an hour every day to get to and from work, and I'll have to prepare stuff in my off days as well. I'll be teaching high school, so it'll be a lot of class prep, and dealing with 30 kids all day long is draining as fuck. I also have a fiancee and weekly salsa classes, so I have to pick and choose what I do. I really want to get good at BJJ and it seems like a fun sport and challenge for me. I did kickboxing previously but gor concussed so I'm looking for something new and safer, which can also allow me to compete.
All in all, I don't have the time or energy for both, and I think I'll really enjoy BJJ so I want to get good at it.

How do I into meditation? Also, what are good to do apps?

Finally getting some more Jow Forums hobbies other than just weightlifting. Gonna get some climbing shoes pretty soon.
Still fat but I'm a bit more confident and I can see my goal in front of me.

Meditation
youtube.com/watch?v=F0jedwTzIJg&t=535s
Also has relevant info

To do
I use the one named tasks from F-Droid store, I think its the open-source version of something else on PlayStore tasks.org/ . Maybe try habitrpg if thats more your thing