What’s the point of getting strong without training MMA as well?

What’s the point of getting strong without training MMA as well?

Your muscles mean jack shit if you get in a fight with someone who has trained a martial art like BJJ

Attached: 237DC9A2-3022-4A7A-8091-2D91004E129C.jpg (1200x800, 134K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/U9CPJgNO__E
youtube.com/watch?v=O14yjsulv7w
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah, you're right. Muscles are completely useless, unless used in a fight.

mma is a meme just be big and fuckin jacked and you can beat up most people.

*armbars you*

youtu.be/U9CPJgNO__E

This dude mogs a powerlifter who is 100 pounds heavier that can deadlift 1000 pounds. Literally murders him with a kick and hitting him when he's down.

Just saying, I know street fights are for tards, but being trained to fight is a big advantage.

Attached: 1566142367922.jpg (800x800, 452K)

>Strength has no application outside of violence
Wrong. That being said, do sports. Doesn't have to be combat sports, but doing some kind of sport is better for you than just lifting. Make some freinds, go outside, improve other things than strength, etc.

*gets picked up and slammed on the concrete ground* Blue Belt here, big dudes aren't a problem on the mat because its not a street fight and theyre not trying to kill you.

What's the point of MMA if you don't have a gun as well?

Your sk1llz mean jack shit if you get shot by someone who has a gun like a .45

Attached: 94f6c03e5971f06a7f3744f99a3c099a.jpg (1075x1728, 998K)

Check out

Hahahaha wow

Ok good luck even getting to the ground with someone who has trained throws / grappling

You’ll go for a clinch and get fucking kneed in the face or worse, just judo spiked on the concrete and your neck will get snapped

You know when I went to 24hr fitness I overheard some nigger chatting it up with this white chick about how he would get in a fight with some of his friends over some shit, and about how he's so good at fighting and getting down and 50 other nigger ways to say that, I was like.. Nigger, No you can't, you bodybuidling Nigger.

Your bjj treating means shit when my guns can remember the top portion of your skull rendering you dead.

There are other reasons to be strong than fighting. You must live in a city where hard work consists of sitting in front of a computer for 8 hours without hanging yourself in the break room.

when will /asp/ies stop leaking out of their containment board

Fucking autocorrect. bjj training means shit when my guns can remove*

My point is that an armbar not properly or immediately applied on a guy much stronger and larger than you can easily result in you getting picked up and slammed on your head on the concrete. Im arguing from the standpoint of an armbar. Not about the effectiveness of judo throws lol.

Your fault for being a dumb phoneposter. Also tueller drill

You're definitely right about that but if you don't go all the way with breaking it in a street fight you're an idiot.

Once you start training for fighting you won't be lifitng weights often anyways. The added bulk just gets in the way.

Why are you getting in fights as an adult? Grow up

what did he mean by this

>Bites a chunk out of your thighs

This isn't EITHER sports board, retard.

it's 2019 who is getting in fights?
no one is going to attack you. Just workout to stay healthy and complete your goals.

Because if you live in a developed country, the likelihood of you ever getting into a fight as an adult is almost zero. The ability to talk people down, a gun/knife and cell phone to dial 911 take care of 99.9% of circumstances unless you're already in the criminal world.

>what a nigger slaps your gf's ass at the clurb

Do what Lou Ferrigno used to do, he said anytime he'd go out drinking there would always be a couple of drunk morons who wanted to get into a fight with him... and he would go to the bouncer... usually a man much smaller than him and have them kicked out.

>your muscles mean jack shit
I have a girl friend because I got in shape.
I also think it's every American's responsibility to carry a weapon and in that situation it doesn't matter what martial art you are trained in.
Thinking you will win every fight because you know how to fight is how you get shot.
Sucker punch me or don't step at all. I'm not in the mood to have a "dual".

judging by his name and retarded haircut he's probably caucasian
these dudes don't fuck around

He means that bigger muscles will make you stronger, but more encumbered.

fighting is absolute brainlet tier. you will get stabbed or go to jail. people who fantasize about streetfights are comically naive and immature

A bit of an edge lad, but to an extent you are right, best hope someone doesn’t pull a knife on you though, statistically if they are within 21 feet you dead nigga

It's not edge. It's cultural responsibility.
If you want less fights then you need to make less targets.
That knife statistic is based on if someone is attacking you with a knife.
It's not like if you pull out a gun they can pull out their knife and stab you before you pull the trigger.
That's the whole point of not treating threats as nothing. Once they have a knife in hand then you are fucked because you can't respond in time.

if you carry a cocked gun at all times to "prevent fights" you are indeed an edgelord, my good sir

>cocked
You do realize they make quick loading holsters so that you carry it unloaded and it loads a round as you pull it out.

your hero fantasy is a mental illness
if you bring a glock to the chinese buffet you are a new level of insecurity

*ends the jon jones meme*

Attached: f37409f0a08a11e9b8fe67282901652c.jpg (4709x3139, 1001K)

Also it's not to "prevent fights".
It's for self protection.
The benefit to protecting yourself is that whoever targeted you will no longer think that someone like you is a safe target.
If I have to fight an MMA fighter then obviously this is a situation that has escalated past safety.
Obviously I'm not going to pull a loaded gun just because a 8 year old tries to fight me but I'm not going to assume some random guy on the street has honorable intentions.

where the fuck are you getting into streetfights as a respectable adult? The only situation in which you might get "attacked" is a knife ambush for your wallet in which your gun cannot be accessed quick enough. you could give your wallet which has less cash than the value of your gun or you could risk your life by trying to play Zimmerman

I have been jumped several times under the age of 25.
Everyone knows of bad neighborhoods so why are you pretending that it's safe in America?
If you have only lived in your parents house then I can understand why you think everywhere is a white middle class suburbs.

>I have been jumped several times under the age of 25.
Ah a shitskin

Or a white guy who got jumped by black people.
Nice cope from being outed as a retard who has only lived in one neighborhood his whole life.

Pro-tip 1: don't put yourself in situations where you are going to get in a fight

Pro-tip 2: realize that MMA is a sport with rules that mean nothing in IRL physical altercations that typically involve multiple people and/or weapons

Pro-tip 3: Carrying a weapon will keep you safer than any amount of physical training

If you like doing MMA that's great, it's a cool sport and good workout. But if you do it because you are training to be an untouchable street ninja you are retarded.

Your MMA training means jack shit if you get re/k/t

How poor do you have to be to be surrounded by nigs?

Explain why wrestlers, who lift heavy weights all the time, dominate MMA.
>Miocic
NCAA D1 wrestler
>Jones
State champion and JUCO national champ wrestler
>Khabib
Grew up wrestling
>Cejudo
Olympic gold medalist
ALL of these guys are current champions, and there are plenty of former wrestlers who were champs. ALL wrestlers lift weights, even at the high school level

In todays economy you will be lucky to live somewhere that isn't slowly being overrun by minorities.
White people move out and black people move in.
There is a reason why white people are going in debt to buy $400k houses just so they can live in a white only neighborhood.

How about you do both you big fucking pussy

Attached: Costa.jpg (750x353, 35K)

Are you retarded? Violent things happen to people in normal neighborhoods all the time. Mass shootings, home invasions, whatever. If you don't carry a gun, you're retarded.

Most of us post on a phone
Bitch you probably post on a phone.

imagine carrying a gun literally evevrywhere because a few TVs get stolen every year while people are at work. You're compensating

Legally carrying a firearm is an American privilege that should be taken advantage of as an exercise of liberty.

because I like having muscles and a nice body and i don't care about getting into fights.

there are weight division for a reason

Imagine not carrying a gun because you're afraid of what people like John Oliver think about your dick.

I do both (MMA, weightlifting), and you can go far with just weighlifting. Just make sure you're the first one to hit and you'll be fine. Also you can tell this is a bait thread because OP said BJJ, as if some skinny BJJ twink is gonna manage to take down (implying they even know how to) a weightlifter. Just stomp on his head when he gets on his ass and spreads his pussy.

youtube.com/watch?v=O14yjsulv7w

Car accidents are rare too. I've never crashed my car, and I've been driving for 10 years now. I still put on my seatbelt, because having it and not needing it is always better than needing it and not having it.

>/asp/
Just went to that board for old times sake, and all I can say is what the fuck happened? Literally every thread is about one or another wrestling/sports thot.

145lbs is twinkmode
a muscular 180lb purple belt gonna whoop 99.9% of people's asses

Both is good

Thats great considering BJ Penn got his shit pushed in by strikers

>just judo spiked
The fuck is that
t.judoka

That's a guy who does Muay Thai, so he's a striker. What exactly is a BJJ guy going to do if the weightlifter doesn't feel like going down? If it's BJJ + wrestling or something, then that's something else. But just BJJ is just pure bait from OP

I'm not a dumbass who gets into fights, so the MMA training would just be for the sake of it. Being able to safely pick up heavy objects with good form is far, far more useful to me in everyday life than knowing how to grapple.

>Explain why wrestlers, who lift heavy weights all the time

>Miocic
Basic strength and conditioning, closest would probably be pull ups and rows
>Jones
Got worse, probably due to the lay offs mostly to be fair.
>Khabib
Mostly bodyweight and gi training at an early age, i have read that the guy does shit like log and stone carries too.
His strength is probably a natural strength and specific skill strength with the gi throws and bodylocks
>Cejudo
This guy does lift weights, but not as most guys in the gym does

Paulo bless

Attached: Paulo.jpg (1080x1080, 91K)

you my friend are a prime example of a weak man, a loser who is unable to defend himself so chooses to buy a gun to compensate

have fun being at the bottom of the pecking order for the rest of your life loser

This dude shouldn't exist. Actual specimen. Handsome af, jacked out of his mind and will beat up damn near everyone.

>choke-holds you

Attached: king of stranglers.png (847x1200, 1.05M)

*breaks your fingers*

(((gee who could be behind this post)))

i choose to pussy out of any physical confrontation. since i decline to seek romantic or sexual companionship, there is literally zero drawback to being a pussy. self-respect is for people who think any individual human can possibly be noteworthy. sorry fags, looks like i cracked the system.

why is it always the bitch-ass basedpeople who play the 'weak man' meme? If you get rid of guns, weightlifting dudebros and people born with big and tall genetics will have a monopoly on violence. Is that what you want?

Just be careful not to get choked out by your own arm.

Came here to post this. FPBP