Are you aware of the risks surrounding the use of chalk?

Are you aware of the risks surrounding the use of chalk?

Attached: unnamed (3).jpg (1920x1081, 135K)

Yeah it will make you become a sick cunt.

Dick chafing?

People slipping... I guess????

Yeah, it makes you look like a tryhard faggot virgin incel basement dweller

T. Sub 4 pl8 DYEL

>being a tryhard is bad

as oposed to being mediocre at everything you do?

Attached: 123543343535.jpg (800x450, 47K)

you must be fun at parties

Attached: where.it.went.wrong.jpg (800x500, 72K)

somebody has to get payed for cleaning the bars once every decade

Maybe one of the 5 staff loafing around at any given moment?

Are you going to enlighten us?
Only negative I can think of is potential particle inhalation.

Those 3 staff members are working very hard sitting at the front desk and browsing Tinder. They have no time to do silly things like mop the floor or know if there are first aid items inside a health center.

gyms claim it fucks with the cardio electronics. easier to just tell people they cant use it than risk having to service literally one treadmill every decade

the ymca isn’t for serious lifters and they don’t want to deal with cleaning it up
don’t be mad, either get some liquid chalk or go to a better gym

Some of them aren't so bad, plus they have childcare and other amenities.

You make a fucking mess

I'm just about done with my first bottle of liquid chalk, pretty rad because bars at my shitty gym are practically smooth. I'm thinking of trying block chalk and keeping it in a ziplock or something, is this a good idea? I hear spider chalk doesn't break up as much, but I've never tried any of their products so any recs would be nice.

yeah not hating on em, they fill their niche very well, they just don’t cater to competitors. op’s post is like going to burger king and complaining they don’t sell rosemary salted beer batter fries

how much chalk do i use Jow Forums?
bought some chalk as i approach 330lb diddlys and idk how much im supposed to put on
utterly cake my hands? just a dab? do i rub my hands and smooth it out after applying or leave it as it comes off th e block?

Thats a lot of words words words you just said for someone thats stepped into a gym less than 5 times in his life

Attached: 1565276775829.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Chalk is pretty normie-tier, the YMCA just doesn't want to have their employees cleaning up so they just call it a safety issue.

>wellness center

Is that some kind of vitamin cabinet?

My Y does not care about chalk, as long as you use it in the area with all the bars & shit & don't make a ridiculous mess with it.

As long as I keep my chalk in a ziplock and clean up after myself the staff at my uni gym don’t care at all if I use it

>I'm thinking of trying block chalk and keeping it in a ziplock or something, is this a good idea?
That's what I do. It's still a bit messy but not too bad.
>I hear spider chalk doesn't break up as much, but I've never tried any of their products so any recs would be nice.
I have no idea. I just use some aliexpress chalk that's around $3 per block.

Thats dumb. I go to the Y and they provide chalk

fuck yeah brah

They said nothing about the use of charcoal

>receptionists are janitors

I'd say just enough to keep your hands dry. no need to utterly cake your hands, that's just adding a bigger layer between the bar and your grip. You can rub your hands to smooth it out if you like. Don't overthink it, just try it out and you'll see.

thanks anons, I'll get a block to start then. Should be fine, my gym gets mopped at least twice a week and I clean up after myself anyways.

>receptionists are getting paid to shoot the shit with coworkers while people scan themselves in

There's no risk, it's just messy and the gym staff would need to clean it up.

I use a chalk bag like for rock climbing, in a ziplock bag in my backpack. Minimal mess. Always clean afterwards and ensure the gym staff see me cleaning. Only once I was told "chalk isn't allowed but you keep going".
Only use it for deadlifts and farmer walks though.

Stupid question, but why do people put chalk in their hands?

It strengthens your grip so that you don't drop the bar

Dries your hands out so sweat doesn't make you drop the bar

DYEL: The post

dilate.

how many times do we need to have this discussion?
chalk is not raw.
chalk is not natty.

Attached: 6yo-rogan.jpg (564x764, 98K)

found it helped when it came to protecting m calluses while doing deads. When the bar rolls out without chalk in tends to rip them off