Fellas is 2 pl8 bench the hardest of 1/2/3/4...cause it's starting to feel like it

Fellas is 2 pl8 bench the hardest of 1/2/3/4...cause it's starting to feel like it

Attached: 1541452815090.gif (200x200, 2.9M)

For me it's the OHP. If you can do 1 pl8 you are at least as strong as Batman to me

2pl8 bench is the only one I have done. 1pl8 overhead press almost complete. 3pl8 and 4pl8 lmao.. can't even do 2pl8 squat or 3pl8 deadlift

It's supposed to be in order from 1->4, easy->hard

> 2pl8 bench
> can't even do 2pl8 squat or 3pl8 deadlift
curlbro mode?

This but the opposite

>Yeah I'll just go deadlift 405, easy bro, but that 135 OHP, wew tough

It’s really just depends on your body. How tall/short you are and how long/short your limbs are in proportion to your torso size. For me 2 plate bench has been the easiest to achieve but I don’t squat anywhere near 315 but I can deadlift 385 and ohp 155 for reps. Squat is my weakest lift.

No. Poor squat technique and overtraining from doing marathon running at the same time.
Stopped running though and now my gains are taking off. Feels good desu.

3 pl8 squat was fokin easy bruh, everything else hit around the same time

Ohp -> squat -> bench -> diddly in increasing order of difficulty

>standing up with two chubs hanging from your arms is easier than lifting your gf above your head

Honest question, if the bar I’m using is one of those cheap hexagonal plate using bars, does the 1/2/3/4 rule count?

Lmao wut?

I can OHP 1.5 plates 5x5 and can barely squat 2 plates

But I also blast gear and never do leg day

LOOOOL

Weird. I can do 2pl8 squat and 3.5 pl8 dead, but my OHP is shit and and my bench doesn't go about 185.

Baaaaaaased

Attached: D9EA12E1-25B0-44BC-A9B3-58664B836557.jpg (500x827, 68K)

In order easy to hardest ohp,squat,bench,deadlift.
Ohp is by far the easiest to get, squat and bench are close. Bench might be easier for a lot of bros starting out since they like benching so much. Squat next 315 really isnt much weight. Deadlift is hardest by a large margin imo

I hit OHP first, and way before anything else. For me it went OHP, then bench, then squat, and now I'm trying to hit 4 on deadlift.

SS?

>get home from offical 1 month at the day session.
>170 squat, 205 DL, 150 BP, fucking barely making 95 5x5 OHP.
>Absolutely seething
>see this thread

I HATE MY FUCKING ARMS MY ARMS ARE LAZY NIGGERS

ROI on the deadlift is overrated too imo. The marginal rate of gains in a 3 plate diddly to a 4 is negligible. Good mornings, weighted pullups/chins, heavy farmer walks, banded GHR will all build up your posterior chain and back significantly more than a deadlift will. Think about why your wanting a big deadlift before you spend time working on it, its honestly one of the more memed workouts imo

weird, for me i got 2pl8 first, then 1p OHP, tho i was super coke'd up off my pre so my form was probs off, just got 3p squat so now all i gotta do is fuckin pickup 405 lbs. currently @ 335 :-)

Why? Those numbers seem pretty symmetrical, brainlet

Fuck man. I did 2 pl8 bench at 5''8 135 lbs. Now I bulked up to 150-155 lb and still when trying to 2pl8 squat my body trembles.

Nice. I'm 188 lbs and I'm barely repping 180

Jesus at 135 2pl8 bench is nuts imo. You probably have good leverages.

5'7" 145lb here, 170lb bench, getting there hopefully

Those are good starter numbers though, retard

Attached: benny.jpg (537x527, 38K)

I think the 1/2/3/4 is kinda arbitrary and doesn’t take size into account. I’m about hit all four (like 5-10kgs away) after 6-7 months of lifting. Squat/bench are the easiest for me. This should have been harder the way Jow Forums goes on and on about it.
t. 6’3 220lb

Attached: 539596A0-9D09-4882-91D8-060FA5ECAD47.jpg (751x1000, 96K)

....I exaggerated them while still hoping to prove my point. They're much lower

>1/2/3/4 says that Deadlift should be 28% more than Squat, Squat 40% more than you Bench and Bench 66% more than you Press
>In reality, Deadlift should be 17% more than you Squat, Squat 32% more than you Bench and Bench 52% more than you Press

Attached: Deadlift vs Squat.png (3760x430, 136K)

I'm a beginner and total T-rex mode too, my squats are by far my best lift. Just keep grinding. The potential delt and pec gains are what I live for now

Yes. Nobody counts the bar.

For me it is dead lift. I just rarely feel 100% with form. 365 DL and my squat is catching up to that quickly. Also can bench 255 and ohp 155 for reps

opinion discarded

I’ve hit all of them except for deadlifts just cause I don’t do them. I think dl is the hardest one though.

cute

Yes. The bar is weightless

for me deadlift was the hardest but I've always been a better squatter. Just keep going it takes time. Don't listen to people saying they can do it in like six months. It takes a while.

For me it’s squats. I have a really bad hip that pops out when I get low. Had it since I was young. I’ve been having to micro balance it. I hit 1/2/3/2.5. So all I need to do is keep working at it.

Wait. I thought it was 3 deadlift and 4 squat?

Holy fuck I’ve been on Jow Forums for almost two years (off and on) and I’ve been wrong this entire fucking time. What the absolute fucking fuck?

based retard newfags

My tested 1rm was 225 lbs at 138 lbs and it felt like death. Either you're going off of estimated 1rm or you have god tier leverages, no legs, or some other niggerdry going on

135 ohp for reps
315 squat for reps
405 deadlift for reps
185 bench one rep max
i've tried more volume less volume floor presses more tricep work just kill me now

175 OHP
295 bench
295 squat
405 DL

I’m with you fren. I’m 6’6 265 and can only bench 190 or so. I workout at a college gym full of fucking literal teenage manlets throwing up 250 no problem. It’s so fucking embarrassing but I keep saying to myself I’ve only been lifting a month and a half

i OHP 142.5lbs for 3x5 on a cut and im SO fucking small
i cant bench 2pl8 for reps (could maybe get 1 or 2 right now, MAYBE 3 at the peak of the bulk i just ended)
i cant squat at all
my absolute best diddly is 320 for 5
what’s wrong with your shoulders?

Kek
Closer than you thought though, good luck hipbro

Attached: download (3).jpg (245x206, 6K)

I don’t know your exact squat number but assuming you’re above 315 and your struggling to dl 405, you might have weak/unengaged hamstrings.

Depends on weight/leverages. I've seen guys bench 2pl8 but they couldn't even deadlift 3pl8 for 3 without hardcore hitching.

Who else here /weak/?

133 pounds 5'6 uber manlet.

120 OHP
143 bench
242 squat
285 deadlift

I've been training for 6 months. 2/3/4 seems impossible.

just keep going. and start eating u pussy

If i eat anymore I will get fat.

dude I'm 5'7 and 170lbs. You can definitely add another 15-20 pounds

are you fucking retarded? 4pl8 DL is ez as fuck

i dont train legs enough so im hitting 1/2 before 3/4

5'5, 116 lbs

105 OHP
160 bench
95 squat
115 DL

Help

I think my pelvic tilt is limiting my OHP. That or I'm fucking weak

Im well above the 1/2 and my squat is still at 2, and my dead lift is at 3
Being a leglet sucks ween

Last thing for me to hit is 2 plate bench. at 1.8 plate right now. Hit everything else months ago. Hitting 5plate diddly later this year.
Honestly I've always struggled with doing bench, was one of my least favorite lifts and i'd routinely skip it, only recently have I gotten back into it

The oldest lifting meme/good advice, DON'T SKIP LEG DAY.

How long have you been training?

I'm 5'5" and my big 3 are 275 bench, 335 squat and 375 DL. such is the life of the manlet.

I find it to be DL. I first achieved OHP, bench and now approaching squats but way far off on DL

For me it was, yes. My bench sucks.

I'm close to a 2 plate OHP now, and 3 plate Bench.

But I can pull 600+ and I'm squatting 500 for reps.

I agree op, when I was 240 I could do 145 ibs ohps, now I am 185, and can't ohp at all.
other lifts are 2/3/4 already.
Imma gonna kill meself soon

i have apt and can ohp 70kg

i hit ohp first by far, second was 4 plate deadlift and most recently the 2 plate bench
i normally squat 3x8 with 2 plates, dont often go heavy on squats. but im still not up to 3plate

I can bench over 2pl8 and ohp well over 1pl8, but my squat sucks because my mobility is fucked, deadlift I hit 3.5pl8 (no belt) just yesterday and it's progressing nicely

my main problem is bench honestly is not fucking moving, idk if I should switch programs

Why the fuck are 4pl8 deadlifts so hard

Just hit 125 OHP 3x5 today. It was really fucking hard but I’m so close I can feel it.
Bench at 185 3x5
Squat at 215 3x5 (pathetic I know)
deadlift at 275 1x5 (also pathetic)
But I don’t think I’m doing too bad for 3 months lifting with a long as hiatus and 1.5 months back in the gym.

Considering I can do1/2/3 for 10 now but still can barely do 4 for three. I'd say that's the hardest for me.

Attached: 1565728841164.png (769x621, 19K)

Here’s what I did man:
>A:
bench 3x5
close grip (but not too close) 3x6-12
>B:
OHP 3x5
Incline Bench 3x5
Close grip 3x6-12

I kept my progressions pretty controlled. All my press movements were within 30lbs of each other. So a typical week for me would look like this
OHP 125
Incline 155
Bench 185
And my close grip sets were the same reps for both sessions. So if I did 3x8 on A i was doing 3x8 on B. Then increasing 2 reps and doing 3x10 next A. Once I hit 12 I went back down to 3x6 but added 5-10lbs to the working weight. Doing this I went to 185 3x5 without failing a rep.

my bench hasn't moved in a long time, I'm thinking to maybe start trying with dumbbells, since doing pendlays definitely helped my dummbell rows, is this good idea

bench progression is pretty closely tied to caloric intake i find
not sure what stage you're at so this might not be pertinent but a big jump in my caloric intake (1L+ of milk a day) helped me close the gap on 2pl8
at an earlier plateau i ditched barbell bench and did dumbbell exclusively for a couple months and i think it helped
remember seeing a video on youtube recommending dumbbell bench for plateau breaking might have been steve shaw massive iron

thanks i'll give it a shot

It really doesn't matter that much. As long as your legs are decent no one cares. The only lower body muscles that matter are ass and calves

E A T M O R E

This is the most autistic thread I've seen in awhile

Attached: 1566248594856.jpg (224x209, 6K)

>50kg OHP
>77.5kg bench
>140kg squat
>175kg deadlift
God dammit, why is my upper body so fucking weak? I'm doing three push days a week and there's zero fucking progress, while on pull days I feel like a god.

>110 ohp
>150 bench
>185 squat
>225 deadlift
All for reps. Are my shoulders way stronger than everything else proportionally speaking? Certainly feels like it.

OHP - 135 X 5
Bench - 180 x 5
Skwat - 200 x 5
Diddly - 315 x 3

Does high bar atg Skwatting mean I get good boi points tho?

Attached: 1563181003121.png (713x730, 161K)

This. It's so hard adding weight to OHP while my other lifts go up constantly

2pl8 bench is quite ez, I struggle with 4pl8 DL, probably because I have shit form and weak grip. The rest is ez mode within a year, just follow SS and eat a ton, no jk

Grip wider on bench. Your grip is probably too narrow so it isn't hitting your pecs enough

I'm 6ft2. I grip with my pinkies on the little ring thingy on the bar. This too narrow fren?

Attached: based and frenpilled.png (780x670, 22K)

Bench is extremely overrated and greatly favors certain body proportions

Reporting in. Been lifting on and off for years
24 y/o 6'0 178 lbs
>5RM
100 O
150 B
175 S
220 D
I want to fucking die

Attached: 1559740730873.jpg (293x236, 30K)

For me it was squats, I am just not flexible enough

DBL benchpress progressing really fast for me
only squats are lacking. Im currentlt hardstuck at 100kg squats for like 1 and a half month already with a bw of 73kg should I get a belt to support my lower back and abdomen as I have had a fat past in which had lower back pains which sometimes still reoccur especially after squatdays. Else I have no idea how I can further progress to 3 plate squats as I am doing quite the accessory exercises for squats like legpress.

>deadlift 210kg
>squat 170kg
>bench 90 kg
>strict press 70kg
my life is hard

The bar is a leverage, it actually helps you lift. So your true weight is overall weight minus weight of the bar

Your point being..?.

>But I also blast gear and never do leg day
based

#1 thing when it comes to getting under big weight on ohp is the lower body and core tightness/stability
If you don't practice that on the lighter weights, 1 plate will seem insurmountable. Its not that hard if you do it right, but most people don't

Just do dumbbells if you want nice chest development. Zero reason to obsess over an ego lift

Yr decently strong for your weight in everything but bench
Just learn how to bench and bulk up
I've got 1 inch on u and almost 40 lbs. And i dont look fat

Doesnt matter
You are very weak. Lift more and lift better

6'1, 215lbs with really long limbs.
Got the squat, and I'm almost there on the OHP and bench, and deadlift is a ways off. Pretty sure I have overdeveloped legs, average upper body, and an underdeveloped lower back.

Attached: 1529793160674.png (600x573, 110K)

No, it's not. 1pl8 OHP, 2pl8 bench, 3pl8 squat, 4pl8 deadlift. Don't accept everything you see on Jow Forums as gospel.