Intermittent Fasting

Has anyone tried this? Experiences? How good is it for gaining muscle? (I don’t care about losing weight)

Attached: 757969FB-AB22-4995-A88F-F7FB934B2D91.jpg (750x1235, 325K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mdpi.com/2072-6643/11/6/1234/htm
hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/intermittent-fasting/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Not good for gaining muscle. What is your split going to be? 16/8 will lean you out pretty good

If you don’t care about losing weight, there's not much reason to do IF. It's just a no brainer way to be at a caloric deficit

Thinking about trying out 16/8 on Wednesday after I’ve bought some better food. Hmm I did read that the extra HGH grows your muscles better but apparently that was wrong. It’s still probably worth it just for the mental health benefit as well

I fast for a month every year. Ama

Were you born into Islam or did you choose it?

Born into it.

What makes you stay?

Solid strategy for getting lean and maintaining. You could pull off growth with it, but you'd probably be miserable fitting all those calories in.

Btw, recent study suggests that breaking your fast in the morning is much better for you than breaking it in the evening. If you do it, do that.

I heard it helps with muscle growth because it increases HGH release. Is this wrong? I also read later that it decreases testosterone levels though

By my own volition? I wouldn't change religion simply because of booze and bacon

I’m not judging your choice. I’m honestly curious about religion in general. I was born catholic then as I got older explored other religions but ultimately came back because it just felt like home.

The studies on the benefits of fasting are still pretty sketchy, and most of what is reported comes from lardasses discovering the wonders of not eating 5000 calories a day. In any case, fasting for an entire day once or twice a week will be more beneficial.
Unless you are a 40yo mom and get your knowledge from fitness magazines, you don't have any reason to believe in everything you read about some trendy diet.

very good method to lose weight and aconditionate your body to eat less shit

Great way to control insulin spikes to control hunger, making it great for people trying to lose weight. For gaining, however, its just a meme. Just eat good food and work out hard.

my fat brother was bragging about trying to do this, and when I suggested maybe stop drinking every day he blew me off. going no where with him.
he bragged about doing calf raises too.

[citation needed]

like others said. IF is a meme if your trying to gain weight. If you want to gain weight just eat good and lift heavy

Been doing it for 4 years now. I get a deficiet over the week and make up for it during the weekday generally. My weight has been stable and have not experienced muscle loss but I've never been super big just fit.

mdpi.com/2072-6643/11/6/1234/htm

Does he... Does he keep drinking while on his fast?

>staying cucked to a religion imagined by a dude who couldn't even read his own name

Intermittent fasting drinking is actually a good way to lose weight. 16/8 split at a 10kcal deficit. Eat a quarter of your calories in rice and vegetables. Drink the rest of your calories in vodka handle pulls. Pass out and guess what its already tomorrow, you've lost weight, and it's time to do it all over again.

AHHH IM CUMMING

>1000 cal deficit
fixed

Dayum, lookin tasty
Moar of this female specimen?

I went from average to 1/1.5/3/4 in less than 2 months while doing 18 hour fasts,
I aimed at a calorie surplus.
I did 3-5 reps / set and avoided cardio.
Pro tip: eat much more than you think you need.

ramadan isn't fasting

hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/healthy-weight/diet-reviews/intermittent-fasting/

OMAD was always natural to me but for most of my life I just felt forced to eat 3 meals a day. About a year ago I stopped doing so and went with what felt right and it's been great. I can really eat a lot in one go and then I won't have to worry about it for the day anymore.

HGH secretion increases during fasts.

how much room for playing do you have with IF? If i drink black coffee before my fast is over have i ruined it? what about broth?

Horrible for gaining muscle, good for maintenance